- Around 9 Years of IT experience in area of Data ware housing like Data Analysis, Visualization, Design, Development, Production Support, and Implementation with BI and ETL tools like Tableau,IBM Cognos and IBM DataStage
- Worked closely with Business users and managers at client locations over more than 4 years in requirement gathering phase to production sign off of Deliverables
- Completely involved in Planning, Setting up, Installation and configuration of DWH tools Tableau 10.1, DataStage v9.1, Cognos 10.2.1
- Had worked on Databases Oracle 9i,10g, MS SQL Server 2008, 2012, Teradata
- Strong knowledge on Data Ware Housing concepts like Entity - Relationship Model, Facts and Dimensions, and Dimensional Modeling (Star and Snowflake Schemas)
- Having successfully migrated the whole BI Environment to latest version (IBM infosphere DataStage v9.1, MS SQL Server 2012 and IBM Cognos 10.2.1)
- Design, Planning, setting up the BI Environment, migrated from Tableau9.x to 10.x
- Working knowledge on Python programming for Data manipulation and extraction
- Extensively worked with Tableau on Dashboard for Better Visualization of User Data
- Had worked on ETL Tool - IBM DataStage with Processing Stages like Aggregate, Lookup, Join, Merge, Sort, Transformer, Remove Duplicate Stage, Funnel, Sequential Stages
- Good exposure in SQL concepts like Tables, Views, SPs, Functions, Indexes and Materialized views.
- Good knowledge on implementing Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD), DWHand RDBMS Concepts
- Good Hands on experience on Hadoop Components like HDFS, Hive, Scoop, Flume, PIG, Impala, HBase, Zoo Keeper, Oozie, SPARK, Kafka, Hue
- Well versed with all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) i.e. Requirement(s) gathering & analyzing, Design/redesign, Implementation and Testing. Good knowledge on Agile methodology for Implementation of Projects
- Good Analytical and Debugging Skills, Good leadership and initiative character
- Having passion to learn new things and Self-motivated character in a technically challenging environment and Quick Self-learner to work as a Team as well Independent performer
TOOLS: Reporting BI: Tableau Desktop 10.1, 9.x, Tableau Server 10.1, 9.x, IBM Cognos v10.2.1, v10.2.2, v8.4 BI(Cognos FM, Query Studio and Report Studio), SAS BI
ETL Tools: IBM Info SphereDataStagev9.1, v8.1, v7.5, Microsoft SSIS
Databases: SQL Server 2012, 2008 Oracle 9i, 10g,Teradata
Database tools: AQT, SQL Developer, SQL Management Studio, Teradata SQL AssistanceOther Skills: Autosys Scheduling, Notepad, Notepad++, Mainframe, MS office 2010, 2013
Hadoop Components: Hive, Scoop, Flume, PIG, Impala, HBase, Zoo Keeper, Oozie, SPARK, Kafka, Hue
Operation Systems: Unix, Solaris, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 2012 R2,Mainframe
Sr.BI Consultant / Lead
- Worked with Business users to gather requirements and translate them into Technical Documents
- Using Tableau 10.1 Desktop for creating different type Views and Dashboard for data visualization
- Used Cross-tab, Sub reports, Charts components in reports depending on Requirement
- Strong understanding of Tableau features including calculated fields, Filters, Parameters, Table Calculations, Joins, Data Blending, Cross Database Joins and Dashboard Actions
- Used Various Filters - External, Data Source, Quick, Dimension, Context filters etc. to improve performance
- Created Dashboards with Interactive Views, Trends and hierarchies which helps Business Users for Self-Serve Reporting by connecting Data from Teradata and SQL Server sources
- Published Workbooks and Dashboards to the Tableau server for Business team will make use of them
- Involved in Tableau Admin activities also for Managing Tableau Server and health check
- Having good knowledge on row level security by using User functions and user filters
- Worked on Tableau Licensing, Tableau command line (tabadmin, tabcmd) utilities, Good Understanding of Back-up and Recovery during DRs plans.
- Scheduling of Data Extracts, and the Performance Monitoring of servers and advice business accordingly
- Integrate with AD for User Log-in’s and maintaining Users, user permissions, groups and roles
- Monitor the Daily and Weekly Jobs on Autosys for scheduling of ETL DataStage jobs and coordinate with upstream, downstream teams for processing
- Trouble shooting the issues working with DBs to verify underlying Data to compare with source systems
- Working closely with Business for ad-hoc requests to extract data from Databases to compare reports
Environment: Tableau Desktop10.1, Tableau Server 10.1, IBM DataStage v9.1, MS SQL 2012, Teradata, Windows 2012 R2,AutosysConfidential, Melville
Sr. Tableau BI Consultant
- Worked as Tableau BI Consultant and supporting as team for Canon BI using VSTO and Tableau 9.1.
- Working closely with Business Users for requirement gathering, Dashboard Design
- Having strong analytical knowledge to understand / represent / Design the Business requirements
- Created Reports, Dashboards using Tableau Desktop, and published to Server for user access.
- Strong understanding of Tableau features including calculated fields, Filters, Parameters, Table Calculations, Joins, Data Blending, and Dashboard Actions
- Extensively worked on Dashboards for USER Reports, Forecast Sales
- Implemented Extract API with Python for creating TDEs for years of data
- Involved in Unit Testing, deployments across environments
- Supporting user’s query regarding Tableau to help them Self-Driven Reporting
- Familiar with Installation, configuration, patching and upgrading of Tableau Server, Tableau Desktop across the environments
- Implemented and Applied Tableau Licensing and Worked with Tableau command line utilities.
- Scheduling of Data Extracts, and Monitoring the Performance Monitoring the servers
- Creating and maintaining Users, user permissions, and groups,
- Integrated with AD to import users and managed with roles and groups permissions
Environment: Tableau 9.1 Desktop, MS SQL Server 2012, Windows 2012 R2, Python, MS EXCELConfidential
Sr.Data Warehouse Consultant ETL and Reporting
- Working as Datawarehouse Consultant and supporting as single for TDBS Data Warehouse and interacting with business users
- Worked closely with different parties End to End in SDLC for all CRs and Enhancements
- Gathering of requirements from various external systems for change requests, integrating new changes and provided effort estimates for the design, development, and implementation
- Created DataStage jobs using different stages like Transformer, Aggregator, Sort, Join, Merge, Lookup, Data Set, Funnel, Remove Duplicates, Copy, Modify, Filter, Change Data Capture, Change Apply, Sample, Surrogate Key, Column Generator and Row Generator etc.
- Analyzed the data using SQL and developed complex SQL queries for data analysis and validation of data
- Worked on Cognos cubes using Transformer and implemented security, developed Reports using Report Studio and Query Studio
- Designed, developed Tableau Dashboards for User Reports using Charts - Pie chart, Stacked Bars, TreeMap, Scatter Plot, Bar Chart etc
- Worked on Data Blending, Dual Axis, Filters, Parameters, Sets, QTCs. etc.
- Worked on Monitoring the existing Cognos Cubes, Dashboard, reports and Report schedules
- Monitoring the Daily Batch, Monthly Batch and completing the tasks that are assigned
- Giving weekly update to client manager
- Installation, Configuration, and Upgrading of current DWH environment -- IBM DataStagev8.1 to v9.1.2, SQL Server 2008 to 2012, IBM Cognos 8.4 to 10.2.1
- Applying Fix Packs and Ifs, validated all upgraded reports using Life Cycle Manager
- Performance tuning, performing Admin activities using both DataStage and Cognos tools
- Good Hands-on experience in writing SQL, PL/SQL queries for reporting
- Having good exposure to create Trigger Based Cognos jobs to run sequence of Jobs using windows scripts
Environment: IBM DataStage 9.1, Cognos 10.2.1 BI, Tableau 8.2, MS SQL Server, Windows 2012Confidential, CA
Sr. ETL Developer
- Maintaining the warehouse of KP and working on the tickets
- Good understanding about Data Integration, Transformation, Analysis, Developed ETL Jobs using DataStage Designer using all Processing stages
- Extensively worked with Aggregator, Look-up, Merge, Join, Modify, Transformer and different Dataset stages
- Monitoring the Daily Batch and completing the tasks that are assigned
- Coordinating with the on shore Coordinator for timely assignments and Deliveries.
- Monitoring the existing reports using OPSView scheduling Tool
- Creating and modifying existing Cerner reports
- Involved in UNIT Testing, System Integration Testing for all enhancements
Environment: IBM DataStage 8.1, Oracle, Cerner Command Language, OPSViewConfidential
- Analyzing the High Level Designs and preparing the LLDs
- Created Jobs using DataStage Designer with different stages
- Created DataStage jobs using different stages like Transformer, Aggregator, Sort, Join, Merge, Lookup, Funnel, Remove Duplicates, Copy, Modify, Filter, Change Data Capture, Change Apply, Surrogate Key etc.
- Worked on other stages like SequentialFile, Database Stages, Dataset Stages, Peek Stage, Column Generator and Row Generator(debugging)
- Used DataStage Designer and DataStage Director for creating, designing and scheduling jobs, Worked on Sequences
- Worked with DataStage Manager for Export & Import the Jobs and Importing the Meta Data
- Involved in Performance Tuning of Parallel Jobs
- Involved in Unit testing
Environment: Ascential DataStage 7.5x2, Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIXConfidential
- Developing Jobs using DataStage designer 7.5x2 using HLDs designed by architect
- Have Good Knowledge on Processing stages like Look-Up, Join, Merge, Funnel, Sort and Transformer
- Performed import and export of the components and table definitions using DataStage manager.
- Used after/before job routines to perform specific tasks.
- Mostly working on Sequencing and Testing ETL Flow.
- Created Sequencers to execute the designed jobs.
- Updated the daily production checklists information with the daily and monthly load process.
- Used DataStage Designer and DataStage Director for creating, designing and scheduling jobs
Environment: DataStage 7.5x2, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, and UNIX.