Would like to obtain a permanent career position with your Agency. Disciplined and focused professional with more than 20 years in security, and 15 years with supervisory experience. Highly efficient at providing security services and solutions for government and private clients demonstrating integrity and the ability to exercise effective judgment, diplomacy and safeguard confidentiality and sensitive information. I am capable of facilitating teamwork and collaborating with others. I have working knowledge of criminal procedures and compliance of federal and local laws, regulations, experienced in executing policies and procedures. I am a quick understudy who enjoys challenges and believes that there is a proactive answer to every challenge while still focusing on the “Big Picture”.
- Strategic/Tactical Response
- Security Training
- Armed Weapon Security
- Regulatory Compliance
- Procedure Management
- Staff Supervision & Performance
- Employee & Staff Training
- Operations & Documentation
- APCO Certification
- Unarm Licenses (VA & DC)
- GSA & MD Armed Cards
- Worked with various computer systems and programs (JPAS/VARs/VALs, Diamond II, VICONET)
- Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, AMag system, Networking: Internet
Global Security Control Center/Security Specialist
Confidential, Ft. Belvoir, Va
- Global Security Control Center ( Confidential ) Operator (Missile Defense Agency HQ) Ft. Belvoir, Virginia. Provide 24/7 physical, industrial and information security for the Missile Defense Agency. Primary point of contact for all calls for public safety and operates 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, including special events, holidays and during weather/public safety emergencies.
- Plan, coordinate and revise Occupant Emergency Plan; Update, and implement approved emergency contingency checklists. Implement and execute personnel and industrial security policies and procedures.
- Monitoring and assessing key domestic and overseas events, developments.
- Responsible for making accurate notifications to senior leadership through the use of the phone system, situation reports, and Emergency Alert system (E - Alert) during emergency situations and inclement weather.
- Support First Response Continuity Operations ( Confidential ) to include Chemical, Biological, Nuclear Attack (CBRN), Terrorist Attacks, International/Domestic Terrorism Threats, Explosions, Fires, Hazardous Materials, Hostage Situation, Medical Assist, Suspicious Package, Severe Weather, Active Shooter Suicide, and AED/CPR. Determines what type of response by officers and resources is warranted, based on the call type and information gathered during the interview process of calluses requesting assistance.
- Performing situational awareness monitoring. Wireless and text for emergency information. Support the Security Operations Center (SOC) utilizing Diamond II and CCTV and radio dispatch systems, intrusion alarms and X-Ray systems. Communications equipment operation and testing, process improvement activities. Secure SCIF’s, all compound entry/exit points, external perimeter, visitor reception desk, conduct security checks on all outgoing and incoming materials and issue badges to government employees, contractors and visitors. Production of reports through research, analysis production, and dissemination.
- Plans, schedules, and carries out assigned projects to completion. Monitor SIEMENS building automated system to track building HVAC, chillers, generators, air handlers, exhaust fans and duct heaters.
- Review Security Policies, Security Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Continuity of Operation Policies ( Confidential ) and provide input. Conduct RAM Antiterrorism measures and security checks of workspace ensuring all safes, computers and classified materials are secured.
Protective Service Officer/ Dispatch & Communications
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
- Primary point of contact for all calls for public safety and operates 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, including special events, holidays and during weather/public safety emergencies.
- Control overall safety of facility; initiate and maintain consistent high volume of radio and telephone communications to meet required security, staff and work crews at multiple locations; implement policies and procedures to secure site integrity and customer service processing.
- De-escalates conflicts, tensions, fights or other disturbances, and when necessary physically restrains and imposes discipline. Dispatches police officers, officials and emergency management personnel to calls for service. Monitoring and assessing key domestic and overseas events, developments.
- Answers radio requests from officers on patrol for criminal, motor vehicle and civil offenses.
- Monitors and communicates with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) via a dedicated telephone system. The telephone is utilized to notify federal, state and local law enforcement or other first responders of important information regarding the Washington Metropolitan Area infrastructure or severe weather conditions. Conducts police computerized information systems queries.
- Determines what type of response by police officers and resources is warranted, based on the call type and information gathered during the interview process of calluses requesting assistance.
- Communications equipment operation and testing. Performing situational awareness monitoring
- Computer aided dispatch (CAD) system. Washington Area Law Enforcement System (WALES)
- Assign required security services, staff and work crews for multiple locations
- Set plans and supervise staff performance by creating job descriptions, post orders and SOP’s and conducting staff training; monitored staff to ensure post orders are met and operations supported
- Process information, assess situations to prioritize calls and dispatch required services
- Perform emergency response and preparedness, report writing including and advising, monitoring situational awareness.
- Safeguarded operations and protected assets for civilian and government facility security. Security clearance granted. Security clearance granted.
- Planned and organized the work for a team seven security officers to enforce standards and regulations for safety and security according to contract requirements; conducted performance evaluations and checked for and maintained current staff credentials. Monitored shift activity to ensure guard duties performed in compliance with post orders. Maintained timely communications with staff and clients to provide efficient client satisfaction; managed control and protection procedures and operation of security equipment
- Assist corporate with human resources management, including interviewing, performance evaluations, and employee performance issues. Plans, schedules, and carries out assigned projects to completion