Confidential, Lockport, NY
Vice President, Information Security Architect
- Plan, developed and implemented the enterprise security architecture framework resulting in more efficient speed to market while reducing delays and mitigating risks to an acceptable level.
- Creation of security test plans used throughout the SDLC process and in a multi - zoned environment.
- Measurable and repeatable procedures to analyze current state and conceptual state solutions architecture designs and while performing GAP analysis relating CIA threat levels. Develop train and educate business partners on alternative solutions and controls to reduce risk and foster an alliance between the business and the Confidential Dept.
- Manage information security aspects of IT projects, ensuring security protocols are identified followed and in compliance with applicable regulatory laws and regulations and standards and change procedure are followed and carried out in accord with set schedules and standards.
- Assisted executive and senior staff in supporting internal audit and external regulators with compliance issues and investigations.
- Mentored and trained less experienced staff members in information security processes and procedures along with cross departmental associates involved with internal and external facing enterprise projects.
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
Senior Staff Specialist, Information Security
- Develop, and implement IT auditing policies and procedures governing high risk servers, internet facing servers and servers containing PII and PCI data in-transit and data at rest.
- Develop and modify all security related policies and procedures as they relate to Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI and other federally mandated legislation.
- Audit sensitive data streams such as, ACH file, *.EXE to combat DLP, AD scheme modifications and electronic surveillance data manipulation by insider threats.
- Direct and manage junior team members, coordinate development tasks on medium and large scope projects and assist with network architecture design.
- Liaison with all levels of management to ensure both functional and security level issues are addressed by providing clear technical and operational specifications.
- Create system documentation and prepare charts, tables, and diagrams to assist in analysis.
- Review documentation prepared by other IT departments for continuity and accuracy relating to IS.
- Provide clear IS vision to analysts and participate on highly technical problems related to Intranet/and information security infrastructure.
- Assist and cover for computer emergency incidents, enacting the Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) in response to system breach.
Confidential, Williamsville, NY
Network Consulting Engineer
- Analyzed 100% server vulnerability with BindView, Kane, Nessus and Ethereal.
- Engineered, developed, and deployed Microsoft SUS resulting in 100% workstation protection.
- Spearheaded and implemented an enterprise wide anti-virus real time protection solution, resulting in 100% workstation virus protection.
- Re-designed and implemented a multiple routed IP intranet to a VLAN solution at headquarters reducing costs in excess of 20% and increasing QoS by 90%.
Confidential, St. Buffalo, NY
Senior Systems Engineer
- Schedule, coordinate and deliver exceptional quality solutions to our valued customers by coaching, supporting, and directing junior technicians & engineers.
- Resulting in increased productivity with reduced labor costs.
- Proven track records in written and oral communications, leadership, decision making and judgment.
- 500+ seat enterprise network upgrade. 100% success rate. Microsoft Windows server/Wksn authentication and authorization controls, DHCP, DNS, Wins, Lotus Notes, MSOffice and other apps. TCP/IP networking using Cisco’s 2500, 5509, 3600 and 2900 routers and switches. achieved disaster recovery and compliance issues using ghost and IC3.
- Identified 100% server vulnerabilities using Kane Security Analyzer and BindView.
- Based on findings was able to tighten security and comply with policy and standards.
- Provided vision, direction, and guidance relating to technology to executive and senior management levels. Responsible for project costs in excess of $1,250,000.
Team Lead and Sr. Engineer
- Network environment Novell Netware and Macintosh, TCP/IP.
- Designed NDS and implemented redundancy, fault tolerance and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Built multiple Netware 4.1x servers with RAID 5, backup recovery, and master replicas. Load balanced departmental servers.
- Provisioned and installed Bay Networks’, network devices, resulting in faster packet delivery with fewer collisions.
- Project cost with labor: in excess of $850,000.00
Lucas-Varity World Headquarters:
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining videoconferencing equipment, utilizing bridging and point-to-point technologies, Netware and NT Servers, Cisco routers, T-connections and 40 wksn’s between US and the UK.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an international environment