- 10+ years of IT experience with nearly 9 years of experience in implementing and managing solutions for banking & insurance clients in Asia and US.
- Having nearly 8 years of experience in Healthcare Insurance domain with much exposure to its business process areas and 1 year in a banking domain.
- Involved in all the phases of the software development life cycle from requirement gathering, requirement analysis, design, development, system integration testing, user acceptance testing, performance tuning and first phase production support.
- Good working knowledge in Mainframe batch and CICS.
- Experience in SQL concepts and Stored Procedure.
- Possess application development experience using Waterfall methodology and some exposure to SCRUM.
- Having excellent communication and good analytical skills.
Programming Languages: COBOL, Eazytrieve, REXX, Stored procedures.
Methodologies: Waterfall methodology, Kanban.
Databases: DB2 SQL.
Tools: Changeman, File - Aid, File-Aid for DB2, Xpeditor (Batch & online), SPUFI, QMF, SDSF, IOF, SDF.
Operating Systems: Z/OS, Windows, UNIX, MS-DOS.
Applications: Service-Now, Kanban board, Clear Quest, Intouch, Control-M, Data masking, IBM Data studio, Filezilla, Microsoft office.
Confidential, New York
- Understanding the business requirement of the system from the business and preparing project technical design documents. Both High level and low - level documents are prepared involving business and system/technical analyst.
- Prepare test cases and test plans for testing BRD functionalities based on discussion with business.
- Involved in the waterfall/Kanban methodology to develop/maintain applications used in the Mainframe platform.
- Involved in work for most of the applications supporting Group business like Plan building, Claim processing, Member enrollment/eligibility, Billing, Agent Compensation and Reporting.
- Delegate meeting on a weekly basis with Business/End user team and ESQA to discuss on work items. Conduct meeting with offshore teams and provide their status on the weekly triage meeting.
- Work on incidents on production issues received on daily basis and categories them as defects/enhancement/adhoc request. All of this are maintained in a Kanban board which is accessible to all IT, EUS and business.
- Interact with business/processors incase if they face any issues while working on onlines processing the Group data.
- Coordinate with team of 16+ people in offshore on the new requirement received from business. Meet with offshore manager incase of resource utilization/improvement/escalation.
- A central point of contact for offshore teams and on call 24x7 for any production issues.
- Interact with middleware teams (TIBCO, ESM, MQ) and use their services to debug programs interfacing with real time front-end applications (Guardian Anytime, SIEBEL, SIMON and Reporting applications like ONDEMAND, COE).
- Interact with separate testing team ESQA and coordinate/brief them on the testing needed for the fix applied on the application programs.
- Responsible for masking data from production to UAT for ESQA testing for any application fix.
- Interact with operations teams (OPS) in scheduling jobs using Control-M.
- Worked on program (Batch, DB2 & CICS) optimization/Storage optimization/automation process as enhancement activity during group freeze period when changes don t move into production.
- Involved in the design of the Cobol batch/online programs and DB2 stored procedures.
- Did the designing of new CICS screens using SDF tool based on business request.
- Used Xpeditor (Batch & Online) for debugging modules.
- Used File-Aid (DB2 & VSAM) for records viewing/editing.
- Used changeman for software version management.
- Used MS-DOS, JCL ftp utility, Filezilla, for FTPs.
- Take care of batch for production region of different applications and also for some applications in UAT and dev region.
Environment: Z/OS, JCL, COBOL, Eazytrieve, VSAM, CICS, DB2, stored procedures, REXX, Changeman, IOF, File-Aid(DB2 & VSAM), Xpeditor(Batch & online), SDF, Data Studio, ISPF, SDSF, Fillezilla.