- 8 years of IT experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Maintenance (SDLC) of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing projects using MicroStrategy platform.
- Solid Data Warehouse Logical Modelling experience for optimum MicroStrategy implementations.
- Good knowledge of ETL process.
- Extensive experience in using MicroStrategy product suite which includes Intelligence Server, Web/Desktop/Developer, Architect, Administrator, Narrowcast Server, Visual Insight, Object Manager.
- Strong experience working on projects involving Star Schema and Snowflake Schema models.
- Involved in Installation and Configuration of Micro Strategy 10.x/9.x.
- Experienced in developing Schema objects and Application objects.
- Extensively worked on creating OLAP Reports and Objects (Attributes, Facts, Filters, Metrics, Prompts, Templates, Transformations, Drill maps, Consolidation, Custom Groups and Hierarchies).
- Expertise in developing, designing, building and deploying Scorecards & Dynamic Dashboards.
- Good experience in using Report Service Documents, Intelligent Cubes, Multisource analytics.
- Hands on experience in using VLDB properties for performance tuning.
- Performed simple Administrative Tasks like User Creation and granted them access to different projects based on the security.
- Expert in working with very large databases like Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata and knowledge on DB2, Netezza, Toad, with MicroStrategy Suite and good experience in TSQL, SQL, PL/SQL programming.
- Involved in working with other tools like Tableau, Power BI and Alteryx.
- Worked with Data Base Administrator in troubleshooting.
- Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 7 Programmer, MicroStrategy 9 Certified Developer, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 certified.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic & self - driven, fast learner with a high degree of commitment, detail oriented, has ability to work independently and as a part of the team having excellent technical, analytical and communication skills and proven multiple platform adaptability skills and can cope well in a high intensity work environment.
BI Tools: MicroStrategy 10.x/9.x/8.1.x/7.5/7i (Desktop, Web, Mobile, Developer, Architect, Administrator, Intelligence Server, Narrowcast Server, Visual Insight, Object Manager, Integrity Manager), Cognos 10.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, Teradata 14/13.x/V2R6,MS SQL Server R 2 2000/2008/2012, Netezza.
Languages: Visual Basic 5.0, SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, JAVA, Python, HTML, CSS.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2003/2000/XP/98/10 Professional, UNIX (Solaris, Linux).
Other Tools: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse IDE, NetBeans IDE, Visual Studio, Toad, Informatica, DataStage, Erwin5.0, MS Visio.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Microstrategy Consultant/Architect
- Performed User Requirements Gathering, Requirements Analysis, Design and Development of Schema objects, Application Objects, Testing and end User Acceptance Presentations.
- Extensively involved in installation and configuration of Micro Strategy 10.2 and used MicroStrategy Web to offer interactive reporting to the end users through a web browser.
- Thoroughly analyzed the Dashboard Mockups, prepared mapping document and created a data model.
- Created a new DSN(connection to server & database) and created a new DB Instance from MSTR to the new schema.
- Imported required tables from the current DB Instance to the current project.
- Developed Microstrategy Schema objects such as Facts, Attributes, Transformations (to be used for comparative analysis) and Hierarchies.
- Created several base formulas (mathematical expressions) using existing facts that can be re-used to build any number of metrics.
- Created Application Objects such as Simple Metrics, Compound Metrics, Level Metrics, Filters (Year), Custom Group, Consolidation and Prompts.
- Generated transformational metrics to compare monthly, quarterly and annual sales, complex metrics involving MTD/YTD Transformations to generate Y/Y sales reports, growth reports in various aspects and Level Dimensionality.
- Worked extensively with monitoring and governing Intelligent Cubes in developing the dashboards to increase the performance.
- Customized Reports using various options like data pivoting, page by (on geography, time, claims and other dimensions), sorting, totals, thresholds, etc. Generated Data mart reports based on specific requirements and running the existing Data mart reports for weekly and monthly loads.
- Developed Drilling path and implemented those into reports such that user can Drill across different System and User hierarchies.
- Designed Dashboards using selectors & widget and summarized key business indicators by presenting them in visually intuitive, easy-to-read, interactive documents.
- Used dynamic linking and URL API for prompts and selectors between different dashboards.
- Proactively worked on VLDB properties such as Joins, Query Optimization, Metrics (Null Check and Zero Check), Select/Insert and Tables for performance tuning.
- Closely worked with Object Manager to move objects among the development and testing environments.
- Involved in troubleshooting of Metrics, Prompts, Filters, Templates, Consolidations, and Custom Groups objects in an Enterprise data warehouse team environment.
- Performed simple Administrative tasks like User Creation and granted them access to different projects based on the security and created dynamic subscriptions for users to be able to receive reports via email.
- Extensively worked with Database Architect and ETL Developer for Data availability and data model related issues by providing solutions that support the application.
- Designed and Scripted Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), Vision documents, Functional Requirements Document (FRD), Non-Functional Requirements Document and supplementary specifications.
Environment: MicroStrategy 10.2 (Desktop, Architect, Intelligent Server, Web, Object Manager), Narrowcast Server, SQL, Oracle 11g, Windows 10 Professional, ETL, MS Visio, Toad, MS Server 2012, Teradata 13.0.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
MicroStrategy Consultant/ Architect
- Involved in the overall lifecycle of the Data Warehouse integration project.
- Created Attributes and Facts, applied Parent/Child relationships to the attributes (Eg: Year, Month, Week).
- Generated reports using Advanced Metric objects, Filters, Prompts and created Customized Templates to facilitate the End users to create customized reports by choosing Filters, Metrics and Report Attributes.
- Visualized and drilled into key metrics on claims performance such as Cycle Time, Average Settlement Amount, and Claims Expense at an enterprise or transaction level and analyzed real-time claims metrics related to loss, exposure, earned premiums, recovery amounts, frequency, severity, and more.
- Worked extensively in monitoring and governing Intelligent Cubes in developing the dashboards to increase the performance.
- Produced Ad-Hoc queries and reports as needed along with providing on-going analytical support for these requests with metrics, attributes, relationship filters, and prompts to support reporting.
- Generated and implemented MicroStrategy Transactional Services reports.
- Developed Dynamic Dashboards both in interactive & flash mode using various Widgets and Selectors (Panel, radio, check box, drop down), ESRI maps, documents for summary level reporting with large datasets.
- Worked extensively on VLDB Properties for performance tuning.
- Closely worked with ETL/DBA teams to troubleshoot data issues and enhance database performance.
- Created different Project Sources for different environments like Production, UAT, Testing and Development.
- Extensively involved in Troubleshooting of Narrowcast services delivery.
- Created users and user groups, and granted them access to different projects based on the security and created Dynamic Subscriptions for users to be able to receive reports via email.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.5 (Desktop, Web, Architect, Mobile, Administration), SQL, Data Warehousing ETL, Informatica, Narrowcast server, Erwin 5.0, Teradata.
Confidential, McLean, VA
MicroStrategy Consultant/ Data Analyst
- Involved in the entire Software Development Life Cycle which includes requirements gathering, user interaction, design and development of reports (Sales, Customer reports).
- Developed MicroStrategy Schema objects like Facts, Attributes, Transformations and Hierarchies.
- Extensively worked on creating and integrating MicroStrategy Advanced Reports.
- Designed Scorecard with multiple KPI, Selectors, Hyperlinks and other Objects.
- Customized and optimized reports for various users using MicroStrategy features like VLDB properties at Project level (sub totals) and report level.
- Worked extensively in both Ad-hoc and Standard Reporting Environments and involved in building reports scalable to large volumes of data.
- Proactively created Intelligent Cubes for performance enhancements and application responsiveness.
- Generated Datamart reports with multi-SQL passes running in hundreds and generating aggregate tables.
- Developed MicroStrategy Dynamic Dashboards in the Presentable, Flash Mode and interactive dashboards.
- Produced complex SQL queries to validate MicroStrategy results.
- Involved in UAT with writing Test Cases, Documentation and performed in test case execution.
- Assisted with UAT, troubleshooting, debugging issues.
- Involved in troubleshooting MicroStrategy dashboards, reports, prompts and filters in an enterprise data warehouse team environment.
- Worked within the Business Team to analyze the requirement and define the further roadmap for IT Team and involved in writing Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
Environment: MicroStrategy Product Suite 9.3.0 (Intelligence Server, Architect, Web, Developer),Teradata, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, MySQL, MS Excel, Business Objects.
Business Intelligence Developer
- Involved in meetings with business users to discuss and finalize the requirements and design of the reports.
- Developed Schema Objects like Facts, Attributes, and Hierarchies and assigned relationships like one-to one, one-to-many and many-to-many between different attributes.
- Worked extensively on developing Metrics and Compound Metrics, Filters, Auto Prompt Filters, Custom Groups, Templates, Consolidations, OLAP Reports and Crystal reports.
- Involved in Performance Optimization by creating Aggregate tables and Intelligent cubes to existing reports and report response time was brought down remarkably by performing OLAP operations on the cube to generate reports.
- Designed various Dashboards reports, which provide practical ability for business user to design and refine their own reports without programming.
- Used several new controls for Dashboards like time series slider, radio buttons, and drop-down menus for the flash version of the dashboards in 9.0.
- Created Security roles, Security Filters and assigned them to groups and users to meet the corporate requirements.
- Created Ad-hoc Reports by drilling up, down, with across hierarchies.
- Performed routine administrator tasks during absence of MicroStrategy administrator.
- Extensively worked with Object Manager to migrate the MicroStrategy Objects from development to QA and then to production environment.
- Generated Freeform SQL reports writing SQL queries against different databases.
Environment: OLAP, MicroStrategy 9.0/8.1.2 Product Suite (Architect, Administrator, Desktop, Web, Object Manager), MS Access, UNIX, Windows2003/2000/XP, Informatica, DataStage, Cognos 10, Crystal reports, Netezza, SQL Server, Oracle 10g.
- Involved in collecting the Business Requirements and documenting the specifications, team coordination and managing time estimates for the project.
- Participated in the installation of SQL Server Enterprise manger tools using SQL Server Setup Program.
- Configured and monitored database application.
- Created tables, indexes and constraints.
- Defined stored procedures for module integrity and application, wrote database triggers in T-SQL to check the referential integrity of the database.
- Managed the use of disk space, memory and connections, generated and implemented several complex reports and administration modules.
- Designed VB forms using the forms and crystal reports were made for business reporting purpose.
- Involved in performance tuning of the database and T-SQL queries using Explain Plan.
- Developed Reports to generate daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly Reports using Crystal Reports.
- Prepared a project documentation, prepared test plans for assembly testing & System Integration testing.
Environment: SQL server 2000, MS Excel, Visual Basic 5.0, ETL, T-SQL, Win NT, Crystal Reports 8.0.