Results - oriented IT project manager with diverse skills in system development, support and integration, and third-party vendor management. Solid project management competencies used in the implementation of small to large scale system projects. Well versed in system development life cycle (SDLC) utilizing waterfall and agile methodology. Extensive experience working with executives and all levels of organization. Proficient with planning, designing and implementing system solutions, including cost and benefit analysis, and resource impact analysis.
- Extensive experience managing diverse teams
- Skilled in quality and change management
- Proficient in resource and budget management
- Strong in business analysis and system design
- Effective in risk management and mitigation strategies
- Astute communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Collaborative leader/mentor with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Expert in harmonizing moving parts of a complex project
Project management tools:
- MS Project, Visio, Jira, Excel, PowerPoint
- Database and system development technologies
- Client server, web and cloud based technologies
- Networking concepts, such as firewalls, communication protocols
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
Director, Applications Support and Systems Integration
- Provided project lifecycle leadership over all phases of enterprise wide IT implementations.
- Served as the project lead and participated in numerous system implementation and migration projects, including research for solutions, RFP development and reviews, vendor interviews and selections, contract negotiations, and implementation planning and execution.
- Managed resource and capacity planning for all IT related projects.
- Developed budget to support IT project implementations and managed cost based on budgetary restrictions.
- Resolved project challenges including staffing shortages, scope creep and divergent business and user needs.
- Administered ongoing upgrades and releases for a diverse system infrastructure and technology, which includes MS SQL, VB.Net, ASP.Net, Java, COBOL, SVN, TFS, Business Object/Crystals, Cognos, etc., and managed the various interfaces among these systems and with third party solutions.
- Managed a technical team of 20, including contractors and offshore resources for the support of commercial off-the-shelf and ERP applications (Guidewire, Aptify, Pivotal, Infor Financial Management, etc.) and in-house applications.
- Conducted detailed analysis of system options and recommended the best fit solution for 32 dental societies to track local membership.
- Coordinated with customers to gather requirements and manage expectations.
- Defined project scope and developed implementation schedule.
- Monitored progress to meet deadlines, standards and cost targets.
- Developed status reports, cost estimates and resource plans.
- Employed mitigation strategies in response to identified technical risks.