- 8+ years of experience as OBIEE/Informatica Architecture/Administrator, Dimensional Modeling & Data warehousing and data loads using ETL tool Informatica/DAC
- Excellent Analysis, Design and Development of business applications in developing Client/ Server environment using Informatica/DAC and OBIEE/BI Publisher.
- Competent technical knowledge on over all process of Datawarehousing, Business intelligence and Decision support system.
- Strong Knowledge on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Requirement Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, UAT, Implementation and Post Production support.
- Worked Extensively on Oracle BI Administration Tool, Presentation Services, Interactive Dashboards and Security Implementation.
- Extensively worked with Informatica repository to create/customize mappings according to the customer requirements
- Good experience in customizing the OBIA Pre - builds Informatica Mappings..
- Extensively worked with Administration Tool to customize the rpd in all the layers Physical, BMM and Presentation Layers.
- Strong experience in Unit testing/creating Unit test documents, Preparing System Test cases and Test plans and assisting users in UAT.
- Strong Experience in Administration activities like migration of RPD, INFA rep and DAC rep from Dev-Test-Stage to Production.
- Experienced in Data warehouse Administration Console DAC to Configure, Monitor and Schedule ETL routines of Full and Incremental ETL loads of the Oracle Business Analytics Warehouse .
- Involved in Production support and troubleshooting of Informatica/DAC failures.
- Experience with Debugging, Optimizing and Performance Tuning of OBIEE RPD/Reports and Informatica Repository.
- Worked with BI Publisher to customize RTF Templates .
- Strong Experience in Customer support and End user training with frequent user interactions.
- Developed reports with drill-down capabilities using Logical Dimensions
- Good Analytic and Statistical Exposure to create Reports, Proficient in building Repository Metadata, presentation layer, business models, generating reports, and creating interactive Dashboards using OBIEE
- Experience in providing end-to-end business intelligence solution by dimensional modeling design, building business models, configuring metadata, creating reports / Dashboards, cache monitor, and building Analytics Repository using OBIEE Admin tool
- Good Understanding on Dimensional data modeling / using Star Schema, Snowflake Schema and Mixed Schema.
- Experience in configuring Security Setup (groups, access / query privileges), Metadata Objects and Web Catalog Objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports) and setting up office integration for BI publisher
- Configured and Utilized Oracle BI Delivers for sending real-time, personalized alerts via intelligent agents (iBots) to intelligence dashboards for subscribed users. Using Oracle BI Delivers for creating agents and sending Alerts in OBIEE 11g.
- Worked on extracting data from Oracle EBS, OLTP flat files and integration and loading data to Data Warehouse (OLAP) system
- Involved in create dashboard, reports and subject areas using different data sources (Oracle,Oracle EBS)
- Excellent team player, Quick learner, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Great communication skills, interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
Reporting Tools: OBIEE 188.8.131.52,184.108.40.206,220.127.116.11, 10g, BI Publisher
ETL Tools: Informatica 9.1,8.6
Databases: Oracle 11g, 10g, MS SQL Server 2005
Tools: TOAD, DAC 10.1.3.4, OBIA 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, PL/SQL, SQL Developer
Operating Systems: Unix,Linux,Windows
ERP Applications: Oracle E-Business suite 12i
Confidential, Lake Forest, CA
- Involved in Development, Enhance and Support of the HR Analytics Modules.
- Involved in having direct communicating with Business Users on the Problems and new enhancements in BI space of HR.
- Involved in working with Oracle Business Intelligence Applications 126.96.36.199, Informatica 9.1.0 and EBS R12 and OBIEE 11.1.1..7.
- Involved in Creation & Configuring of the OBIEE Repository from scratch using best practices (physical, BMM, and presentation layers).
- Worked intensively on HR Analytics Modules such as Workforce Profile, Recruitment and Compensation and build Reports such as Headcount, Turnover, HR Performance, Open Positions Report, Absence Ratio Reports, and Absence Trends etc and build corresponding Dashboards.
- Developed OBIEE Analysis Reports based on SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Reports.
- Developed BI Publisher Reports using SQL Query and OBIEE Analysis.
- Involved in creation of Level Based Hierarchy & Parent child Hierarchy to meet business requirements.
- Designed and Tested Reports in the Dashboards for the Oracle HR Analytics created the Ad-hoc report according to the Business needs.
- Worked Extensively with BI Publisher reports Interactive layouts like RTF, Excel and PDF.
- Integrated OBIEE and BI Publisher reports in a single Dashboard and Presented to the Users.
- Created highly formatted and perfect pixel Employee Performance Rating, Employee Headcount, Employee Hires and Rehires Reports and Graphs and many more using BI Publisher.
- Created Complex Data Models using complex SQL queries using BI Publisher.
- Managed security privileges for each subject area and dashboards according to user/Roles requirement.
- Involved in Migration Process of Repository and Web Catalog to different Environments.
- Developed custom reports/Charts using OBIEE Answers and assigned them to application specific dashboards.
- Designed & Created Agents, Delivers for the purpose of scheduling OBIEE Reports via Email to End Users.
- Involved in creation of Logical Columns, Hierarchies, Aggregate columns & tables, Level Based Measures, Multiple LTS.
- Involved in Customizing Out of the Box Mappings to pull in new columns, solving of defects, performance tuning and also to bring in new tables from the source EBS R12.
- Extensively Implemented & Configured MUD Environment to be able to work on different Projects and merging changes to the Master RPD.
- Worked on Initialization blocks, repository and session variables.
- Involved in Implementing Row Level Security & Column Level Security.
- Created Catalog Groups and set permissions for items in the presentation catalog and privileges and rights to users and groups.
- Applied Optimization Techniques for the better performance of the reports.
- Involved in Unit Testing of the Reports/Dashboards & Conducting Peer reviews for the RPD, Reports/Dashboards built.
- Extensively used SQL Tuning to improve performance.
- Created different types of Customized Reports (Drilldown, Aggregation & Ragged) to meet client requirements.
- Created highly formatted pre- built reports with BI - Publisher.
- Involved in Data Analysis & Testing of existing Database and built a GAP Analysis document to analyze missing data, columns & Address the issues and rectify them.
- Involved in applying best practice and Performance tuning the mappings by using SQL Override, session override, Lookups, Caching, & many more.
- Involved in writing complex SQL queries in Toad for Data Analysis & Validation.
Environment: OBIEE 188.8.131.52, Oracle 11g, OBIA 184.108.40.206, Informatica Power Center 9.1, BI Publisher, DAC 10.1.3.4, TOAD Data Modeler, Sql* plus, PL/SQL.
- Interacted with Business Users to understand the Business Requirements Report samples, data flows and prepared technical documents for implementing the solutions as per Business needs
- Involved in Gap Analysis, Requirement Gathering, Functional/Technical Specifications, Development, Deployment and Testing
- Configured, Modified RPD as per the requirements
- Developed Metadata repository (.rpd) that consists of Physical, BMM and Presentation layer, Security, test and validate the business model & repository level calculations using Oracle BI Administration tool.
- Developed and debugged Dashboards / Reports using different Analytics Views (Pivot Table, Chart, View Selector and Column Selector), Dynamic / Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities, guided navigation, charts, tabular using global and local Filters.
- Used existing data from Oracle EBS for analysis
- Compared data from Oracle EBS with the OBI for data validation.
- Worked on PL-SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Materialized Views, Common Table Expressions(CTE) to bring data into desired format in report
- Created BI Publisher Reports with RTF Templates.
- Time series functions are used to calculate performance of business by comparing historical data with current data.
- Configured various Initialization Blocks/Session/Repository variables to dynamically calculate some of the metrics based on the appropriate Month/week/year.
- Creation/customization of star schemas and Business Metrics in RPD as per customer requirements.
- Designed and Tested Reports in the Dashboards and created the Ad-hoc report according to the client needs
- Involved with the Testing team to resolve, fix the issues found during the Systems integration test
- Validation of Data Loaded by Informatica/ETL Process.
- Coordinated with the testing teams, business users during the UAT phase and worked towards the defect resolution.
- Involved in ETL support activities like: monitor, troubleshoot, track, and document day-to-day production issues
Environment: OBIEE 220.127.116.11.6, Informatica Power Center 9.1 Hotfix2 (Designer, WorkflowManager, Workflow Monitor), Oracle 11g,Toad
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Created Physical joins on table alias and named the tables based on BI Best practices
- Created Dimensional hierarchies, Level based measures, and calculated measures and set its aggregation based on Hierarchy.
- Involved in gathering the requirements from end Users.
- Involved in Data modelling and designed Star and Snowflake schemas.
- Extensive experience in OBIEE 11g repository (Physical, Business Model and Mapping and Presentation layers) i.e. Cache management, Usage tracking, Dimensional hierarchy, Aggregate navigation, variable initialization blocks configuration etc.
- Extensively worked in creating hierarchies and aggregates in the BMML, data and object level Security in OBIEE 11g.
- Worked on OBIA Analytics 18.104.22.168 like Financial Analytics.
- Created new Dashboards in Financial Analytics based on user requirements.
- Worked on Financials - AR Transactions, Financials - AP Balances
- Created new level based measures and variables in Financial Analytics.
- Extensive experience in customizing OBIEE 11g dashboards and reports / Dashboards with different analytic views (Drill-Down/Dynamic, Pivot Table, Chart, Column selector, Tabular with local and global filters) using OBBIE 11g.
- Wrote/Modified custom Java Script code to restrict users to select only one date prompt selection.
- Wrote custom Script to show only one Go/Clear button.
- Created new reports and dashboards, saved filters, navigations using Go URL and dashboard links using OBIEE best practices.
- Created OBIEE Roles based on the projects and assigned users to it.
- Created OBIEE 22.214.171.124 Agents and Scheduled according to the regions and Users
- Done the fit-Gap analysis comparing OBIEE 10g to 11g.
- Involved in OBIEE 11g performance testing on multiple browsers.
- Build the BI Reports based on the BI Best Practices and Perform Unit Testing.
- Initiate Migrations from one environment to other.
- Coordinate with testing team, analyze and resolve assigned defects and deploy fixes accordingly.
- Develop the implementation plan and resolve technical issues during warranty.
- Very strong analytic and presentation skills and problem-solving techniques with emphasis on individual and team effort backed by excellent communication skills.
Environment: OBIEE 126.96.36.199, Oracle EBS, Informatica 8.6, ODI, SQL Developer, DAC, TOAD, Sql Server2005, Oracle 10g/11g, Unix, Erwin 9.0.
- Effectively interacted with business users to modify Subject Areas & Dashboard Reporting requirements. Generated BI Publisher reports using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Designed Data Templates to generate reports as per the Business requirements
- Scheduled reports to Burst on scheduled time on regular basis
- Worked on administration side such as creating Catalog Groups, set permissions for items in the presentation catalog, set privileges and rights to users and groups
- Managed BI Publisher users, permissions, jobs, files and folders
- Worked extensively to modify the repository as per the Business users requirements
- Designed and implemented Physical and Logical Star Schemas/Diagrams using Fact, Dimension, Alias and Extension tables as well as Foreign and Complex joins
- Created numerous executive level reports and Dashboards to provide insight into the Plan reporting
- Developed Reports using different Views
- Developed Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities, charts using Dashboard and Page Prompts
- Worked extensively with dashboard prompts to filter dashboards and populate variables
- Configured and enhanced Repository using OBIEE Administration Tool
- Implemented security by creating users & web groups, setting up External Table, creating session variables and initialization blocks and associating catalog objects and Web modules with the created groups
- Created comprehensive and easy-to-understand Oracle Answers & Dashboards User Guide, and provided intensive Training to business users
- Wrote SQL, T-SQL, Procedures, Views etc. to support Data warehouse and Datamart reports.
- Used Parameter Files to provide flexibility to the mappings to execute with different input criteria like Daily, Monthly, Yearly with Single mapping to decrease Maintenance.
- Created reusable Mailing alerts, events, Tasks, Sessions, reusable worklets and workflows in Workflow manager.
- Scheduled the workflows at specified frequency according to the business requirements and monitored the workflows using Workflow Monitor.
- Involved in performance tuning of Source and Target databases, Mappings and Sessions.
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.4, Informatica 8.6.1, BI Publisher, Teradata, SQL Server 2005, SQL, SQL*Plus, Windows XP
- Participated in the system requirements analysis and document inspection.
- Extracted data from different sources such as SQL Server, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Fixed width and Delimited Flat files to load into Operational Data Store (staging area)
- Worked on Admin tool to create the Logical and Physical joins in Business Layer.
- Organizing the presentation layer in a format that is easy for end user to use as basis for reporting.
- Created interactive Dashboards, pages according to request in an interactive mode.
- Creating the reports with embedding the Global filters / Column selectors and charts.
- Developed the workflows in such a way that, which will run for on demand requirement, by calling the applied SQL scripts with pmcmd command.
- Implemented the cache content in OBIEE dashboards by calling the script files in Informatica server.
- Development of the Extract/Transform/Load processes to source the appropriate data to be delivered to the Data Warehouse.
- Made the ETL run of different workflows according to the report usage.
- Extensively worked on Data Cleansing, Data Analysis and Monitoring Using Data Quality
- Making the daily, weekly backups of Informatica Repository (.rep), Analytics Repository (.rpd), Web catalog, newly added & modified SQL files and placing them in VSS.
- Automated the jobs by scheduling Maestro scheduler, which runs every day by maintaining the data validations
- Developed SQL scripts to test the stored procedures by sending different sets of input parameters and performed backend testing using SQL queries to retrieve and verify information in the database
- Analyzed and converted the hierarchy of Facts and Dimension tables before performing the ETL process
- Coded UNIX shell scripts to call the procedures and files for process which are on DB server
- Created parameter files to assign values to the mapping variables and mapping parameters.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.1.1, OBIEE, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL,SQL Developer, UNIX, Windows Server, Oracle Applications CRM.