- Over 7.5 years of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition(OBIEE) 10G/11G Reporting tool, BI Publisher 10G/11G and PL/SQL 9i/10G/11G.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills during identification of user requirements.
- Experience on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in enterprise, client/server applications with models like Waterfall, Agile Methodology.
- Experience in designing and developing end - to-end BI solutions according to standard OLAP methodologies using Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE).
- Expert in working with OBIEE administration tool developing Metadata repository and strong experience in working with OBIEE Answers, OBIEE Dashboards.
- Strong background in Data Warehousing, Data modeling, and Reporting.
- Experienced in data modeling using Dimensional Data modeling, Star Schema modeling, and Fact and Dimensions tables including physical, logical data modeling in the OBIEE Administration tool.
- Expert in working with MUD (Multi User Development) environment.
- Expertise in OBIEE Repository management, Physical Model, building Business Model, Presentation Catalog, Web Catalog, and extensive knowledge in the reports and scheduling iBots/Agents.
- Have extensive experience in configuring Answers, Interactive Dashboards with Drill-Down capabilities using Prompts, Filters, OBIEE Security Setup (groups, access / query privileges), Metadata Objects and Web Catalog Objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports).
- Expertise in Managing Security Privileges for each Subject Area and Dashboards according to user requirements and also worked on Security Setup at both Object and Data Levels, which involved creation of users/groups, LDAP Authentication Setup and configuration of Multiuser Development Environment.
- Expertise and hands-on experience in creating Aggregations and managing metadata using OBIEE to optimize performance.
- Experienced in working with Variable Manager to define session and repository variables and initialization blocks to streamline administrative tasks and modify metadata content dynamically.
- Highly experienced in creating Oracle BI Publisher Report Templates using BI Publisher Desktop Edition.
- Hands-on experience in Installing, Configuring and Administration of OBIEE Administration Tool also in migration from previous versions of OBIEE 10G to 11G.
- Excellent analytical, programming, Technical Documentation skills with ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Very strong Analytical and Presentation Skills, Problem-solving techniques.
- Excellent Team player and can work on both Development and Maintenance phases of the project.
- Ability to provide timely solutions and work within specified time frames.
BI Development Tools: Oracle BI Administration, Oracle BI Presentation, Oracle BI Dashboards, Oracle BI Delivers, Catalog Manager, BI Publisher 10g/11g
Databases: ORACLE 11g/10g/9i
Data Modeling: Star Schema, Snowflakes Modeling
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL
Platforms: Windows 98/2000/2003/2008 / NT/XP
Tools: SQL Developer, TOAD
Domain Experience: Banking and Finance Services domain
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Worked with business analyst on user requirements and wrote functional and technical requirements documents.
- Daily attending the status meeting with clients and coordinating with onsite team to discuss further move.
- Understand and design the generic metadata RPD, physical and business model diagram mapping and joins with facts and dimensions based on the star and snow flake schemas as per best practices.
- Implemented and Worked on MUDE (Multi-User Development Environment) mode setting up with different users and developers prospective.
- In Business model mapping Layer implemented the dimensional hierarchy, level based measures, aggregations, security groups and roles using LDAP authentication, etc.
- Created new logical columns defining the business logic as per the requirements.
- Involved in setting up session such as user session and repository (static and dynamic) variables such as location as static and current day/month/year as dynamic variable using various initialization blocks.
- Merging the RPD and web catalog folder with OBI admin tool and catalog manager.
- Responsible for implementing data-level security and object-level (dashboards/reports) security among users, groups and web-groups.
- Highly experienced in setting up session variables and repository variables using various Initialization Blocks.
- Responsible for creating additional users and maintaining visibility privileges using OBIEE administration on repository side as well as front end to display OBIEE reports based on the business user for that particular area.
- In reports created the filters and time dimension prompts for all the dashboard pages, charts, tables, Pivot tables, Narrative view and View/Column selector, etc.
- Developed time series objects using Ago and ToDate functions for time series comparisons.
- Implemented write back capability to enter values directly into a report and have those values used in calculations and charts in the report.
- Used various cache management techniques for performance tuning including configuring, defining cache parameters, cache persistence time, cache seeding and purging, and event polling.
- Configured Oracle BI scheduler for delivery options of a report and also scheduled FTP delivery options for a report.
- Handled complex navigation using GO-URL navigation syntax.
- Experience in implementing Data Model, Multiple Data Set Join, Parameter, procedure call.
- Experience in implementing Data template (RTF)
- Developed many complex BIP report. Added Multiple Group, If else condition, For Loop, Exception condition, complex template level calculation.
- Migrating the application from development environment to QA staging and production environments.
- OBIEE Environment migration from 10G to 11G.
- Developed test cases and performed unit testing and integration testing of the Repository and Web Catalogs.
- Execute defect prevention and causal analysis activities.
- Installed Business Objects Enterprise on both server and client machines and Enterprise Performance Management on the server machine.
- Interacted with users on a daily basis to gather requirements for the corporate dashboard.
- Managed ODBC connections with created Meta data and repositories according to needed subject areas.
- Designed and implemented physical and logical star schemas using facts, dimensions, alias, metrics and extension tables provided with foreign and complex joins.
- Created a dashboard with menus and sub menus using dashboard builder to organize the analytics in an intuitive manner.
- Created and maintained security within OBIEE using a combination of LDAP integration, data level security, and presentation catalog groups.
- Extensively used BO reporting functionalities like slice & dice, drill-down, cross-tab, @functions, master/detail, breaks and extended syntax.
- Created interactive reports with drop down filters that were used to navigate from the analytics for detailed information.
- Used advance features in designer like aggregate awareness to accommodate the aggregate tables in the data mart and security management to apply object and row level security.
- Implemented row and object level security depending on user rights.
- Implemented drill down feature for multiple level drilling down in reports.
- Implemented charts like 2D and 3D, tables, cross-tabs in the reports.
- Created various templates, reports, and prompts in BI Publisher.
- Created Navigation Report: OBIEE to BIP and vice versa
- BIP Migration from 10G to 11g
- In reports created the charts, tables, Pivot tables and so on.
- Created an RTF template reports with a table and Chart using BI Publisher desktop in MS Word, Created and Publish multiple templates for a BI Publisher reports using the native features of MS Word and Schedule and manage the BI Publisher reports.
- Created schedulers and developed iBots to deliver reports and dashboards to the subscribers as per the schedules and alerts.
- Performed the p erformance tuning of dashboards and reports and made required changes to repository and database
- Maintained and modified existing reports according to needs of users.
- Supported the administrator in installing patches, migration, setting user privileges and access restrictions, and resolving server issues.
- Used SQL extensively for performing unit testing for the developed Modules. Coordinated with the testing team to test the flow of data from ODS to Informatica ETL to Data warehouse to reports. Compared data in reports against source systems.
- Participated in designing, coordination and execution of user acceptance testing (UAT) with QA, BA and selected business users.
- Interacting with management, business and users, gathering the business requirements, designed and developed complex dynamic business quality compliance group reports related to audit and early warning.
- Created physical and complex joins. Exposed custom attributes in presentation layer.
- Used the repository documentation utility to document mappings from presentation columns to the corresponding logical and physical columns.
- Utilized various building blocks like calculation measures, time series measures, initialization blocks, session and repository variables, fact tables, dimension tables, dimension hierarchies.
- Used narrative text, column selector, global and column filters to provide the functionality of viewing.
- Utilized aggregation to improve query performance.
- Created reports using different views.
- Involved in troubleshooting of Informatica mappings and workflows.
- Designed report templates using XML/BI Publisher.
- Created highly formatted reports using BI Publisher based on Oracle database.
- Implemented BI security using external table for authentication and authorization.
- Configured security at the repository level, catalog level & the application level.
- Experience in complete Software Development life Cycle (SDLC) which include system study, analysis, physical and logical design, resource planning, testing and implementing business applications.
- Validated the data and tested the accuracy by running simple queries in business objects and directly querying the database by writing SQL for Oracle databases.
- Very strong analytic and presentation skills and problem-solving techniques with emphasis on individual and team effort backed by excellent communication skills.
- Collected user requirements, conceptualized and designed dashboards and reports.
- Analyzed the data and developed logical star schema model with consultation from data modelers and Business Analysts.
- Proficient in defining key performance metrics, facts, dimensions, hierarchies and developing star and snow flake schemas.
- Build repository by importing the data, defining keys and joins, creating business model, defining complex joins, mapping columns and sources, creating measures, and developing subject areas.
- Managed users/groups involving multiple domain and multiple repositories.
- Experienced in configuring and set up of OBIEE security using LDAP and external database tables and configuring object level and database level security.
- Implemented security based on LDAP authentication.
- Implemented various security settings including groups, access / query privileges.
- Created reports with complex variables and formulas involving calculation contexts.
- Created dimension hierarchies, aggregation criteria and multiple logical sources in the BMM layer.
- Developed reports and dashboards with different analytics views including pivot table, chart, gauges, column selector, and view selector with global and local filters using Oracle BI presentation services.
- Experienced in creating interactive UI Design including experience in user interface design using CSS, HTML, XML and Java Scripts.
- Linked multiple data-providers, used combined queries, sub-queries, user-objects, and free-hand SQL for customized and specialized reports.
- Implemented security by creating roles and web groups.
- Configured iBots to deliver analytics content based on schedule, automated iBot queries to obtain weekly reports.
- Provided guidance and support to end users during the implementation and in production.
- Create test plans, test cases and performed unit and integration testing.
- Involved in requirement gathering, customer interaction, analysis of the requirements and project module designing.
- Involved in logical & physical database layout design.
- Developed back-end Logic.
- Experience with data flow diagrams, data dictionary, database normalization theory techniques, entity relation modeling and design techniques.
- Involved in writing SQL queries and functions and applying optimization techniques.
- Created packages and procedures to automatically drop table indexes and create indexes for the tables.
- Experience with oracle supplied packages such as DBMS SQL, DBMS JOB and UTL FILE.
- Developed stored procedures and triggers using PL/SQL in order to calculate and update the tables to implement business logic.
- Worked extensively on ref cursor, external tables.
- Expertise in dynamic SQL, records, tables, collections (nested tables and arrays) and exception handling.
- Used pragma autonomous transaction to avoid mutating problem in database trigger.
- Implemented SQL loader, DB links, materialized view & UTL File.
- Wrote packages to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, sub queries and database links.
- Creating indexes on tables to improve the performance by eliminating the full table scans and views for hiding the actual tables and to eliminate the complexity of the large queries.
- Experience with performance tuning for Oracle RDBMS using explain plan and HINTS.
- Have done code reviews, debugging, bug fixing, performance tuning and unit testing.
- Have documented overall system resources in migration document, testing procedures in user acceptance testing document.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10G, PL/SQL, SQL Developer, Toad, Windows 2008.