Accounting leader with progressive and extensive accounting, financial analysis, and leadership experience who excels in the general accounting month - end close process, GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance, reporting analytics, problem solving, decision making, and managing multiple priorities efficiently.
- Financial ERP Systems
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
- General Accounting
- Team Leadership
- Accounting Systems and Controls
- System Implementations
- Corporate Reporting
- Asset Accounting / Fixed Assets
- Payroll Management
- Financial Management and Reporting
- Tax Schedules / Remittances
- Corporate Finance
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Business Systems Analysis
- Budget Management
- SAP ERP System
- MSA ERP System
- Software 2000
- Excel, Visio, MS Office
- Lease Accelerator
Director of Product Management
- Provide technical analysis and create documentation to support the accounting standards as it relates to the adoption of new Lease Accounting Standards, transactions, and other accounting activities.
- Define and compose detailed business and system requirements for new Lease Accounting related features and enhancements within the Lease Accelerator Software landscape.
- Research Accounting Standards for proposed new features within the Lease Accelerator Software.
- Provide technical expertise and resolve issues between business teams and engineering for complex accounting related enhancements.
- Provide detailed functional and operational use cases, test plans, scenarios, and expected outcomes to validate the accuracy and performance of each feature and enhancement based on the defined requirements.
- Mentor and direct accounting and IT professionals, in the functional areas of Lease Accounting, as it relates to the software enhancements, product usage, and client challenges.
- Ensure compliance for SOC1 controls.
- Review and assess new enhancement cases for prioritization and validity of case request content.
- Create Lease Accounting Software Release plans, understanding the timing of GAAP and IFRS mandated compliance deadlines.
- Work closely with Development Team to communicate complex requirements, discuss solution alternatives, and ensure requested enhancements can be achieved.
- Review system demonstration provided by engineering of product enhancements to assess completion, prior to development code being transitioned to a testing environment.
- Conduct gap analysis between delivered functionality and additional client requirements and recommend solutions. Provide analytical and troubleshooting abilities to address system feature issues.
- Develop Customer facing materials and documentation, including Customer Release Notes, Training, and Product Feature Advisories.
Confidential, Tysons Corner, VA
Senior Accounting Manager
- Accountable for the review and approval of over 800 account reconciliations per month in company with $7.1 billion in revenue and $7.7 billion in total assets.
- Uncovered millions of dollars of reconciling items that were misclassified in the balance sheet and executed the clean-up activities.
- Directed reporting and analysis deliverables to include Significant Transactions, Non-Cash Disclosures, Tax gain loss, One-time adjustments, subsequent events, interest expense, ESF, GAAP checklist, budget and forecasting, balance sheet and Profit and Loss Statement (P&L) material fluctuations analysis, liabilities, and various trend analysis
- Accountable for audit/Sarbanes Oxley process documentation, compliance and results. Coordinated white paper preparation supported by GAAP and FASB regulations. Coordinated 10K preparation.
- Identified and facilitated SAP change requests to improve system performance and functionality
- Managed, mentored, and optimized head count for a global team located on site and remotely; varying from 7 - 11 direct reports and 20 indirect reports.
- Implemented systematic overhead allocation process for SAP Projects WBS cost collectors.
- Responsible for capital lease transactions and bank funded lease arrangement transactions.
- Coordinated the accounting ledger in corporation for multiple acquisitions into CSC.
- Streamlined processes by working with cross functional areas such as asset management, procurement, A/P, cash flow reporting, contract management, debt management, and real estate.
- Asset Accounting chosen business leader for an SAP multi-staged global implementation. Responsible for leading a matrixed team of SAP professional consultants and supporting world-wide business users through the Confidential process.
- Responsible for the blueprint, Global workshop presentations, design requirements, presenting the SAP solution design to CSC world-wide stakeholders, approval and RICEF’s including related interfaces, tax considerations, local and statutory requirements, process-flow creation, chart of account determination, configuration selections, developing test cases, managing testing cycles, presenting solution reviews, developing and executing end user training, data privacy considerations, master data governance design, organizational shared service impact and transition plan, legacy data extraction rules, translation tables, cost collector assignments, data conversion of legacy data from multiple SAP instances, “Go Live” implementation and cutover success.
- Identified and solved the legacy ERP financial system challenges, capturing interdependencies, and transforming the Asset Accounting process by providing SAP end-to-end integrated solutions that included Equipment Master, Investment Management, Project Systems, Asset Accounting, and SAP notifications.
- Developed SAP GAAP compliant custom solutions for asset impairments, mass asset adjustment processing capturing audit trail approvals, valuation of assets via interfaces to the Ariba PO and A/P, and automation of the U/L assignment.
- Developed, managed and mentored an accounting team of 10 direct reports and 22 indirect reports for CSC’s Confidential business with total assets of $7.7 Billion in a deadline-oriented environment. Interviewed staff-level and management-level accounting candidates and recruited new hires on college campuses. Made promotional recommendations for accounting staff of 32.
- Approved and ensured reconciling items were cleared in account reconciliations.
- Managed the Deloitte external audit and the CSC internal audit review process by supervising the deliverance of requests and providing managerial liaison support to substantiate results, processes and controls.
- Improved system interface integration by identifying and implementing solutions for root causes.
- Reviewed and oversaw the GIS capital budget of $500M and the related monthly forecast analysis.
- Managed the execution of on-going special projects to include tax remediation effort, Balance sheet excellence initiative, Implementation of BNA Software, taxable work state and taxable travel implementation, Vertex Software Implementation, SAP “What if” simulation modeling, SAP WBS enhanced Transfer process, Lease vs Buy model updates, sales lease back, and due diligence analysis.
- Analyzed financial statements and regularly presented and reported company balance sheet results to the controller.
- Developed a framework to streamline the capital lease process by leveraging existing operational systems.
- Coordinated new programming development.
- Executed company initiative to transition accounting work from the United States to Prague location.
- Implemented Approva software to enable CSC to manage the risk and compliance of ERP software use.
- Interviewed and down-selected vendors for potential Capital Lease accounting software purchase. Reviewed contract and negotiated contract terms with the vendor.
- Supervised reporting of various analysis to include 10K schedules, federal, state, property, and county tax packages for multiple legal entities, Fixed Assets Reporting package to include depreciation/amortization analysis, Capital, variance to budget/MYF, Rolling Forecast, Deloitte variance explanations, Net book value, Cash Flow Disclosure, and insurance valuation reports. Reviewed and approved balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Developed monthly financial analysis reporting package model template used to consolidate the monthly results and track against budgeted and forecasted performance to support finance and controllership stakeholders.
Confidential, Columbia, Md
Sr. Financial Analyst / Customer Marketing Agreement Accounting Supervisor
- Supervised staff responsible for the preparation of incentive liability accounts and the disbursal of payments for contractual incentive obligations to customers.
- Directed, coordinated and monitored all Coca Cola office functions while continually reviewing, challenging and changing operations and procedures as appropriate. Managed the cash-room operations and cash loss prevention.
Sales Analyst Supervisor
- Supervised the Customer Marketing Coordinator team that was responsible for incentive payments to customers.
- Created journal entries to support monthly and yearly general ledger close, prepared account reconciliations, finalized trial balance and prepared financial statements.