Consummate, visionary, highly driven and exceptionally motivated IT executive with multifaceted skills in corporate and professional operations combined with 30+ years of expertise in Data Processing Management and IT Consultancy. Proficiencies include executing projects on time, meeting and exceeding goals and building businesses. Offering an exceptional ability to work under pressure and deliver innovative improvement strategies to meet organizational objectives.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Systems Design / Development
- IT Management
- Staff Training
- Team Development
- Management Reporting
- Mainframe Environments
- Relational Database modeling and tuning
- Confidential internals
- Production support
- Software Development
- Project Management
- Process Enhancement
- Financial Analysis
- Database Management
- Human Resource Management
PROVEN METHODOLOGY / SKILLS:
- Focus on profitability and ability to identify/capitalize on opportunities to improve workflow through the application of cutting - edge technologies
- Mastery of all phases of project life cycle, including conceptualization, design, development, budgeting, resource management, milestones, status reporting, execution and close-out; ability to cope with multiple projects and garner client bases in a fast paced / rapidly-changing environment
- Develops networks and builds alliances, engages in cross-functional activities; collaborates across boundaries, and finds common ground with a widening range of clientele and business affiliations
- Demonstrates diagnostic, negotiating and problem-solving skills; responds appropriately to tough situations; highly organized and detail oriented; calm and adaptable
HARDWARE: IBM 360, 370, 30XX, 43XX, 9XXX, SYSTEM 3, AMDAHL SV6, PC/LAN Client Server
OPERATING SYSTEMS: OS/VS, OS/VS1, OS/MVS, OS/VM, DOS, DOS/VS, DOS/VSE, PC DOS/LAN, OS2WINDOWS 9x, NT, XP MicroFocus/XDB, MVS/ESA, OS/390, Z/OS.
LANGUAGES: COBOL, COBOL II, BAL/ALC, C-LISTS, CSP, SQL
SOFTWARE: Confidential Web Interface (3270 bridge), (DMS), (DL/1), (BMS), EASYTRIEVEDATABASE DESIGN, DL1, ISAM, Confidential, HIDAM, HISAM, HSAM, IDMS, OSAM, SAMETSS/OCCF, TSO/SPF, CMS, PANVALET, OS UTILITIES, OS/JCL, SYS GENS, SDFENDEVOR
DATA BASES: IMS DB/DC DL1, Confidential, IDMS, TOTAL, Confidential, DB2, XDB
APPLICATIONS: Banking, General Accounting, Distribution, Manufacturing, Hospital, ConstructionQuality Control, Security / Identification System, Purchasing, Materials ManagementPayroll, Personnel, Crew Dispatching / Assignment
PACKAGES: SAS, MAS-II, UCC-15, WANG Payroll, McCormack and DODGE AP M
Confidential, Wilmington, Delaware
- Functioned as “SME” (Subject Matter Expert) and lead data analyst in support of Confidential ’s replacement of the Confidential system to Confidential (Integrated Labor Management System). Confidential is based upon the Quintiq proprietary optimization software being developed by Quintiq and Deloitte Consulting, federal systems.
- Reviewed and verified over 300 business functional requirements; mapped legacy Confidential DB2 data to Quintiq data models; supported Quintiq core developers and business analysts; defined business integration requirements.
- Supported System integration testing and QA test cases.
- Developed utility to query all production Confidential programs for DB2 table and columns usage for Confidential migration.
- Consulted with all development areas pertaining to data and expected results.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Support and enhance Confidential ’s Labor Management System ( Confidential ).
- Provide production support 24/7. Analyze and correct software errors in the various sub systems of Confidential (Dispatch, Pricing and Paperless Time Tickets).
- Gather business rules for enhancements and create functional requirements.
- Design and code new modules using Confidential, DB2, and client server. Mentor technical staff and advise management.
- Support and enhance the RUSS (rural utility service system).
- This system services electric and telephone utility loan accounts for the Confidential .
- The system is written in Cobol using Confidential dialog panels along with UNIX and Oracle databases.
Confidential, Annapolis, Maryland
- Explore new avenues to enhance and develop new business opportunities in the contract programming and management consulting business lines.
- Responsible for RFP responses, technical recruiting and interviewing.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies and business relationships.
- Expand client base.
Confidential, Baltimore, Maryland
- Responsible for DB2 performance tuning and Proof of Concept regression testing on the part D drug plan.
- Performance testing and tuning involved fanning batch MQ requests across multiple Confidential ’s and monitoring DB2 performance and locks using BMC and strobe products.
- Confidential performance was monitored using the Confidential product.
- Processor engine Confidential (million instructions per second) was manipulated and transactions per second (TPS) at each Confidential rate were recorded. Initial testing yielded 18 TPS. During production auto enrollment of beneficiaries the average TPS was 56 with a sustained high rate of 90 over a four-day period.
- POC regression testing involved passing a fixed set of transactions through the new part D drug system and comparing financial results against a report file composed of equivalent results from the existing CMS system.
Confidential, Chevy Chase, Maryland
- Responsible for the normalization and customization of the DB2 database model for the Confidential product.
- The client had a legacy version of the product that had been extensively modified and enhanced to satifisy the unique requirements of Confidential .
- The assignment required identifying and documenting data elements that had been customized in the legacy version as well as identifying and mapping new data elements found in the new version.
- Application programs in the legacy version and application programs in the new version were analyzed to determine business functional use of the data elements.
- The data model was then modified to allow the standard Confidential API to process as delivered and a unique Confidential API was developed to in corporate Confidential data elements into a standardized return area.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Engineered, analyzed and designed program specifications, DB2 database tables and Confidential programs and maps for Release III of Confidential Labor Management System, automating manual functions of dispatch, assignment, verification and payroll clerks, providing timely and accurate labor information to Confidential Management and processing payroll transactions to SAP payroll to generate pay checks.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Spearheaded all aspects of operations and functions surrounding the mechanical development of a train crew dispatch and assignment system using Confidential /SDF2, COBOL II and Confidential . Prepared, documented and provided extensive interface with the user in the development of online screens and batch reports.
- Expertly functioned as primary analyst for development and management of effective business functions.
- Designed, developed and managed the development of a police information system for the national railroad passenger corporation
- Directed, organized and developed an online entry/security system for Confidential application transactions.
- Coordinated, established and designed a magazine circulation and subscriber system for a international publisher
- Examined, reviewed and converted a large on-line marketing system from Confidential Files to Confidential Database system using Confidential for a national long distance telephone company
- Expertly functioned as Senior Programmer/Analyst for the On-line Support System (OSS) for the MCI Telecommunications Corporation
- Successfully designed, wrote and implemented a corporate IMS on-line database maintenance system for an international food manufacturing corporation
- Efficiently documented, designed and wrote numerous IMS DL/1 programs for a national mortgage company (federal agency) using IBM DMS with Confidential exits
- Converted, enhanced and updated an Assembler Mortgage system for a local bank from TOTAL database to IMS database
- Actively involved in a six-month investigative analysis of a large-scale module ALC Time Deposit Accounting system for a commercial bank
- Inititaed, established and customized Wang payroll package for a Baltimore hospital
- Maintained, managed and monitored a correspondence savings system utilizing IMS DL/1 for a large Maryland-based bank
- Effectively served as project leader for a medical procedure cost statistical system for a state agency.
- Managed, designed and implemented Phase III of a Quality Control System at a large construction company
- Designed, led and implemented automatic software delivery system for a national software firm specializing in manufacturing systems