- To manage an organization s data, assess and fulfill its reporting needs, and develop powerful BI
- Solutions that have a true impact on the performance of a company.
- Over 17 years of experience in Design, Analysis, Development and Implementation of various applications in Business Intelligence space mainly using Hyperion/oracle technologies .
- Seasoned Project Management Professional, with outstanding project planning, execution, monitoring and resource balancing skills with ability to support multiple simultaneous projects in a matrix organizational structure.
- Excel at communicating with stakeholders to provide accurate reporting and information regarding the ongoing projects and initiatives.
- Experienced in coordinating, negotiating and motivating outside vendors and off - shore resources in support of timeline and IT project deliverables.
- Effectively training, motivating and mentoring onsite and offshore junior managers, engineers, developers and technicians.
- Superior coordination of user acceptance testing of final IT infrastructure and software development deliverables through iterative evolutions
- I'm a technologist with a firm grasp of business processes capable of leading a team of developers
EPM Analytics Tools: Hyperion ESSBASE 6.x /7.x/9.x/11.x, AIS, EAS, Provider Services, EPM Architect, Shared Services, and BI PLUS Suite
Financial Analysis tools: Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Business Rules, Workforce Module, Hyperion Strategic Finance, FDM, DRM and Hyperion Performance Scorecard. Also supported HFM Migrations and post Go-Live Support.
Query & Reporting tools: Hyperion BI PLUS Suite, Dashboard Development, Web Analysis, Financial Reports, Interactive Reporting, Hyperion Smart View and getting my hands dirty with OBIEE
Worked with: Confidential & Confidential Models, FDMEE, DRM maintenance, LCM, ODI, ESSCMD, MAXL, MDX, Hyperion Essbase API and Hyperion Currency Conversion.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Manage and Lead a team of Developers/Architects/Database Developers /Production Support in Analytics Space implementing Essbase, OBIEE, DRM and Micro strategy
Sr Managing Consultant
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Project Based Planning Solution on Cloud.
- SAP HANA Implementation with Essbase Confidential cubes as data source
- DRM Extracts for Master Data/ Meta Data / Hierarchies.
- Responsible for Extraction methodologies from Confidential source and automation
- OFA and DRM Implementation
- Revamp Existing Confidential Cubes
- Responsible for managing design and best practices in planning across Confidential 5 business units - CMB, VES, WLS, CSS and CONSOL reporting cube ( Confidential and Confidential )
- Responsible for troubleshooting hierarchy inconsistencies across all Business Units.
Hyperion Essbase Architect
- Responsible for tuning large Confidential cubes.
- Responsible for migrating Financial Apps apps from EIS 7.x to 11.x EIS
- Responsible for porting applications across environments (automated the process)
Hyperion Planning Architect
- Responsible for building Financial Essbase cube including P&L, Balance Sheet and Confidential reporting cube for daily production data.
Confidential, Baton Rouge
Hyperion Planning Architect
- Responsible for Design, build, Test & optimize, and deploy a Hyperion Planning application with P/L only, where Revenue is planned by product by sales division and Departmental expenses are at the G/L level, Responsible for design and development of sophisticated allocations across 2 legal entities and 5 sales divisions/ 50 regions / 50 products / 100 departments
- Responsible for designing and building workforce planning model with 2000 employees including bonus calculations/ standard benefit and tax calculations / new employee expenses / departmental headcount addition / termination / transfers
- Responsible for designing and building Basic CapEx model with 10,000 assets with lease expense as main driver.
- Designed the workflow in order to see audit trail for each revision of budget process and the output of each iteration YTD, MTD, LY vs. TY, LY vs. TY vs. YB, YTG
- Data Load automation from 5 sources including Mainframe/ UltiPro / Oracle Financials /SQL Server DW
Hyperion Planning Sr Developer
- Validate current OpEx model s completeness, viability and usability
- Use FDM to map Oracle 12i COA to SAP COA and map Payroll Employees to Planning Employee Id s
- Streamline / automate / performance tune (best effort) the existing OpEx model, and prepare it for deployment and production
- Deliver workshop style OpEx model End - User training for 10 to15 Confidential staff members, with coverage on: (1) how to input forecasts; (2) how to perform ad hoc queries via Excel; and (3) how to run Financial Reports
- Developed around 20 canned reports in Financial Reporting Studio as part of MFR package.
- Provide application support
Hyperion Systems manager & architect
- Responsible for Managing Planning, Essbase and Financial reporting Environment.
- Built Balance Sheet and PNL planning application and a Consolidated Application to drive reporting at corporate level for all divisions.
- Developed Financial Reporting Confidential cube and Planning P&L application for Janitorial, Parking, Engineering, and Security Divisions.
- Responsible for creating and managing SQL Metadata /Data views.
- EPM Products configuration and maintenance
- Upgraded 9.3.1 to 188.8.131.52.300 (inclusion of patches)
- Migrating Applications using LCM and conducting IST testing for the current Applications.
- Responsible for managing Security for the entire EPM Product suite
- Use ODI to build Planning Account and Entity hierarchies and managing the module within ODI.
- Decommissioned ODI and switched to planning utilities for dimension builds
- Assist with the Monthly/Quarterly Forecast and Annual budget Process
- Hyperion Strategic Finance Implementation and Support.
Environment: Data warehousing, Hyperion Essbase 9.3.1/184.108.40.206 , Hyperion Planning, HSF, ODI, SSIS, OBIEE, JDE, SQL Server, Windows 2008.
Hyperion Planning Architect & PM
- Requirements gathering for Revenue Planning, Workforce Planning, Dept Expenses and Capex model.
- Created around 30 forms & Business rules for revenue Planning, Capex and Dept Expenses.
- Built PNL Statement to drive reporting for both Management & Statutory Hierarchies.
- Documentation, UAT Support & Conducted Unit and System testing
- Supported go Live for three weeks.
BI Project Lead
- Lead a team of 1 Member for Upgrading from 9.3.1 to 9.3.3
- Functional Spec review with ERP team and Clients
- Recommend Hyperion Solutions based on the requirements from the client - IR, PR or Essbase/Web analysis Solutions
- Responsible for Smart view deployment and helped in training financial planners POC group.
- Create and review Technical Spec document for development team.
- Responsible for managing about 22 legacy system retirement - Conduct downstream Impact analysis on Data warehouse reporting solutions, Mitigating risk by identifying new sources and managing the fallout of EDW work tasks
- Responsible for Project Scope management, Resource management and cutover tasks.
- Developed Confidential Essbase cube and Web analysis Solution for IDS dashboard
- Responsible for Confidential Tickets/ Test scripts for about 36 Hyperion Reporting solutions.
- Managed 12 members from offshore team and 2 member s onsite.
Environment: Data warehousing, Hyperion Essbase 9.3.1, BI PLUS (Web Analysis, Production and Interactive reporting), Teradata, SAP, Solaris.
- Support 80 data marts on Version 6.5.1
- Essbase upgrade from V6.5.1 to V7.1.x
BI Performance Strategy Lead
- Prepared Performance Strategy for BI Architecture which included Confidential Cubes, Analyzer Dashboards, Performance Suite and Informatica as ETL tool.
Financial Reports Consultant
- Trained 6 Developers on Financial Reporting Studio and Workspace.
- Created Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Same Store Sales, Operational Statement Standard Detail Summary Reports
- Created Books with Multiple Reports and Book Point of View and Scheduled Batches with 1500 Prompts through Command Line Interface
- Optimized Report Performance incorporating Best Standards in report Design
- Converted Financial Reporting Confidential cube with Actual, budget Partitions into Confidential cube with Actual
Confidential, FloridaSenior Consultant/Architect
- Worked on System 9 HFM and Workspace.
- Created financial reports against HFM and Essbase using FRS, Batches, Schedule Batches though CL and NT Scheduler
- Used Dynamic Member lists from HFM to generate on the fly reports incorporating Entity dimension changes
- HAL Process changes to Lawson/SAP
- Automation Scripts to Move PDF reports from current Week to the specified Week.
- Set up Security in Workspace and User provisioning in HSS
- User Training on Smartview, Excel Add - in and Web Analysis against HFM and Essbase.
- Upgrade System 9.0.1 to System 220.127.116.11
- Transition Hyperion Support to Operational Support Team
Confidential, FloridaSenior Consultant/Architect
- Recommended Deployment Scenarios and Infrastructure for 700+ users for Financial reporting and Planning.
- New Installation of System 9 Essbase, Administration Services, Integration Services, Planning, Work Space, Web Analysis with Web Logic Express Application Server.
- Designed & Developed Budgeting Solutions for the following Companies - Confidential / Merchants / NTB / Carroll Tires / Private Brands / Big O and Consolidation of Actuals and Budget into TBC Corporation
- Extracted COA from J.D Edwards, Platinum - Epicore and Enterprise
- Created HAL processes for Metadata Build for Planning and Standalone Actuals Essbase cube and Data load into Essbase Actuals Cube.
Essbase Development & Support (Consulting)
- Supported Finance and Merch - BSD Production Environments with 30-40 cubes each.
- Upgraded Essbase V6.2.6 to V 7.1.5
- Optimization and Tuning
- Automating Daily, Weekly and monthly full loads and incremental loads from SQL server
Team lead, IT App Development
- Lead an information Delivery team and assisted in developing business intelligence solutions.
- Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation. Responsible for review of all phases of applications programming.
- Responsible for quality assurance reviews.
- Worked on three data warehouse projects with critical business urgency. Responsible for directing and monitoring the work of team members.
- Determined user requirements, lead application design, plan projects, establishes priorities and monitors progress.
- Evaluates project status and resource utilization and implements changes to improve the team's effectiveness.
Environment: Data warehousing, Hyperion Essbase 7.1.2, Hyperion Performance Suite8.3, Dashboard Designer and Architect, MicroStrategy 7.x and Teradata.
- Served as Essbase Technical Architect on a Hyperion Planning Implementation. SouthTrust intends to implement Hyperion Essbase for consolidations, Hyperion Excel add-in & Reports for enhanced reporting and analytics, and Hyperion Planning for budgeting & forecasting. The scope of this project is for the implementation of Hyperion Planning and the related reporting tools, Hyperion Reports and Hyperion Excel add-in. The Essbase model to be deployed for 2005 Budget will consist of one Planning database stored in Hyperion Essbase and one stand-alone Hyperion Essbase database. The stand-alone database will have no linkage to Hyperion Planning. The Planning integrated database will house actuals and future data at budget organizational and account level. This will be the only database where users will input their data. The stand-alone database will be created to house actuals only at leaf organizational and account level and will be a read-only database.
- Hyperion Planning solution will use six primary types of data sources:
- Ledger Stat (OFSA) Preloaded flat files
- Loaded Files Allocation results (Loaded from OFSA)
- User input Business Rules (calculations) results
- The system will perform 6 calculations:
- 1. Rates Conversion 2. Taxes
- 3. Balancing Balance Sheet 4. FTP Offset
- 5. Net Charge-offs/Provision 6. Organizational consolidation
- PM the design and implementation of Underwriting and Sales Multidimensional Databases for Confidential .
- Confidential implemented a data warehouse for Corporate Accounting. The data warehouse, built on DB2, is sourced with financial data from PeopleSoft, Month-end reporting and various Excel files. Access is provided to end users via Excel pivot tables, pulling data from Hyperion Essbase cubes. The current data cube, CinciMart, is being utilized by Corporate Accounting alone. A gap analysis was performed to evaluate the data not currently contained in the data warehouse that would be required by the Sales, Personal and Commercial Underwriting departments to produce the analysis they require.
Environment: Hyperion Essbase 18.104.22.168, Hyperion Planning, Alphablox, ESSCMD, MAXL, VBA, Hyperion Analyzer, Hyperion Reports and Windows NT.