- I have been working professionally in the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) profession for over 15 years in both the private and public sectors, and I am currently completing
- Developed new GIS business models/clientele/applications for Confidential .
- Created building - permit tracking spreadsheet/database and produced weekly maps to demonstrate areas of recent development activity for the Confidential .
- Conducted slope analysis and created map for use in development/planning of hillside properties for the Confidential .
- Created region-wide general plan GIS database for Confidential .
- Performed jurisdictional boundary realignment for Confidential & Coachella Valley Association of Government ( Confidential ) for the Confidential and MSHCP fee collection programs.
- Conducted extensive demographic analysis and completed mapping project for Riverside County Transportation Commission’s ( Confidential ) Metrolink rail expansion project.
- Created a MS-Access/GIS database and corresponding maps to track recent building permit activity for strategic planning and determining highest-priority projects for Confidential ’s 5-year transportation improvement (road construction) program.
- Conducted analysis using demographic data, Confidential land use/zoning/general plan, etc. to determine location of appropriate sites for mixed-use development project for Confidential .
PERTINENT WORK EXPERIENCE:
Lead GIS Specialist/Development Consultant
- GIS/building site location analysis, GIS/demographic research and mapping, Lidar/raster data analysis, geocoding/mapping addresses, remote sensing imagery collection/analysis, etc.
- Assisting clients in obtaining planning entitlements.
- Permit expediting.
- Document preparation, site visits, preparation of plans, zoning code/general plan analysis, Confidential compliance, building massing/architectural issues, code compliance, historic preservation, Confidential compliance, architectural design/plan review, ArcGIS Desktop 10.1, Spatial Analyst, Erdas software, Photoscan, Python, AML, ESRI Model Builder, ArcSDE, Enterprise GIS
Assistant Confidential Planner/GIS Specialist
- Technical review of development projects against the Confidential ’s development standards & the Confidential ’s General Plan; Site planning (physical/visual impacts, massing, architecture styles/details, building materials, landscape architecture, placement of structures in relation to setbacks/easements, coordination of requirements from other departments
- Review of proposed development in comparison to historical development patterns, neighboring properties, etc.
- Confidential analysis, review, & compliance. Preparation and presentation of staff reports, draft resolutions, & conditions of approval to the Planning Commission/ Confidential Council/other committees and boards. Responsible for Building Dept. plan checks, and conducting site inspections.
- Responsible for the creation of GIS databases (zoning, general plan, slope percent, economic development zones, business improvement districts, building permit/geocoding maps, etc.)
- Responsible for all GIS related projects at Confidential Hall. Planning Dept. webmaster.
Planning Technician/GIS Specialist
- Responsible for interpreting and explaining zoning ordinances and regulations to the general public and developers, processing and reviewing applications, researching various planning related matters, managing assigned projects, preparing written correspondence, writing zoning letters, reviewing business license applications.
- Other responsibilities include providing assistance to other departments, GIS analysis, and composition of special maps for Confidential and local/partner agency needs.
GIS Staff Analyst / Interim IT Administrator
- Research and preparation of Regional Studies/Indicator Reports (housing, transportation, etc.) for Confidential .
- Creation of GIS/MS Access database to track recent building permit activity for use by Confidential in nominating Confidential projects and setting road project priorities.
- Analysis of Census Data (housing, income, & ethnicity) and GIS for use in Confidential ’s Metrolink station new project nominations.
- Development/creation of GIS databases and information, creation of metadata and documentation of project methodology, geocoding addresses/APN’s, preparing maps, tables, & charts.
- Loading and running presentations at meetings. Setup/maintenance of laptops, computers, printers/plotters, and most other peripherals.
- Responsible for nightly backup. Website creation, updates, and maintenance.
- Responsible for posting all documents, agendas, minutes, maps. ArcInfo 9.0 & 9.1, Adobe Acrobat, MS Office Suite 2003, Veritas & ArcServe backup software, MS Frontpage.
- Researched, compiled, and produced region-wide General Plan GIS database for Confidential for use in multiple aspects of regional planning (housing, transportation, future development, etc.)
- Completed a realignment of boundaries for Confidential, Confidential, Confidential, School Districts, and other regional entities/networks using legal boundaries such as section lines, street centerlines, parcels, natural features, etc.) GIS database creation and editing.
- Editing and mapjoining all jurisdictional general plans into one region-wide coverage.
- Aligning boundaries ( Confidential, RIVSAN, TAZ, etc.) to appropriate legal boundaries such as section lines, parcels, street centerlines, etc.
- Projecting coverages/shapefiles.
- Map Production. ArcInfo 8.3., Arc Map, Arc Catalog, Arc Toolbox.
- Responsible for the creation of GIS databases, updating of databases, and accuracy of features and information therein.
- Conducted research using multiple sources (air photos, Confidential maps, dot maps, tract maps, internet websites, publications/directories, etc.).
- Also worked in areas of expansion creating new pages from scratch and adding all information to plots for RMc’s Illustrator project.
- Translation of spatial information onto digital databases.
- Responsible for improving spatial accuracy of real features and the information attached within the database.
- One of six employees selected for advanced (gold standard) six month long training program.
- Worked closely with our top programmer on special projects that required development and enhancement of our editing programs.
- Developed new tools and applications that required creativity and practical insight and resulted in a substantial increase in the accuracy and legibility of our databases as well as improving the implementation and expediency within our workforce.
- Proficient with UNIX, DOS, Arc Info systems, plotters, printers and digitizers.