- Strategic Technology Thought Leader/Evangelist with a history of delivering cost - effective, high-performance solutions to enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Experience in business development, managing high-profile projects, aligning functional and business goals, and balancing multiple competing resources and schedules.
- Keen business acumen with a record of effectively controlling costs, identifying opportunities to improve processes and creating collaboration across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Leveraged diversified experience in the Financial Services, Banking & Insurance, Confidential, Online Retailing, Publishing, Telecommunications, Mobile, Manufacturing, and Transportation. MBA in Strategy and Leadership.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Solution Development Business Intelligence & Analytics Information Architecture Data Architecture
- Data Governance Master Data Management Data Quality Data Integration Data Modeling Metadata Management
- Program & Project Management Product Management Vendor/Product Selection Global Team Building & Leadership
- Account Management Strategic Planning Management, IT, & Business Consulting Client Relations @ CxO levels
- Personnel Recruitment, Hiring & Training International Business Cross Cultural Communication Budgeting & Finance
- Market Research & Analysis P&L Goal Setting & Tracking Performance Metrics SDLC Agile/Waterfall Methodology
Data Management: Enterprise Data Architecture, Master Data Management (MDM), Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Integration, ILM (Information Lifecycle Management), Big Data, Database Architecture, Database Performance
Business Intelligence: Exadata, Teradata, Informatica, DataStage, AbInitio, Pentaho Data Integration, CloverETL, OBIEE, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Tableau, QlikView, Noetix Views, EiS eXpress Reporting/Dashboard, Discoverer, Multi-Dimensional Expression (MDX), ROLAP, OLAP, MOLAP, HOLAP
Methodology: Agile/Scrum, RAD, Waterfall & Spiral, SOA
Design/Development: ER/Studio, ERwin, Designer 2000, UML, Mega, Developer 2000 (Forms 6i, Reports 6i)
RDBMS: Teradata, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL, SQR, Pro*C
DB Features: 500TB, Advanced Compression, Hybrid Columnar Compression (HCC), High Availability (RAC), Data Guard, Real Application Testing (RAT), RMAN Active Duplication, Advanced Queuing, Streams, Database Vault, Virtual Private Database (VPD), SQL Plan Management,, Oracle Text/Context
RDBMS Utilities: Quest - Benchmark Factory, SharePlex, Spotlight, TOAD; DB Artisan, SQL Developer, DB Tuner Oracle Grid Control/Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), SQL Performance Analyzer (SPA), AWR, ADDM, ASH, SQLT, Oracle Trace Analyzer, Statspack, RDA, SQL*Loader, AutoSys, MySQL Workbench
Hardware: Exadata x2-8, Exadata x2-2, IBM P7 770, IBM P6 650, SUN E25K, SUN E15K, SUN 6800/4800/3500/3000/480 , HP, Unisys, Digital, ORG Supermax (R6000/R3000)
Operating System: AIX 6.1, AIX 5.3, Suse Linux, Solaris 10, 9, 8, 2.x, HP-UX, Windows NT/2000
SAN/FileSystem: Hitachi VSP, EMC VMAX, DMX4, DMX3000, DMX1000, EMC SRDF/BCV, Veritas Storage Foundation 4.x (VXVM, CVM, VCS ), Veritas File System, Veritas Volume Manager
Backups: VeritasNetBackup, Legato Networker
Change Management: Jira, BMC Remedy (P/CM+), IBM Rational ClearCase UCM, IBM Rational ClearQuest, SharePoint, Confluence
New Proficiencies: Data Bricks, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Vertica, R, Machine Learning, AWS, Hadoop, Spark
ConfidentialDirector of Enterprise Data Management & Business Intelligence
- Provided Technology advisory services in partnering with Confidential to Confidential ’s Business & Technical Leadership Team(s), the final proposed new cloud based architecture were then presented to Confidential ’s various steering committees and to the Executive Leadership teams.
- Assessment included study of the Confidential ’s current data management practices, policies, data integration points, data quality, data governance, business user involvement in BI projects, level of self-service BI and analytics, state of predictive analytics etc.
- Recommended Confidential ’s target state architecture and migration strategy for Enterprise Data Management, Business Intelligence & Analytics that would make their DATA as an enterprise asset, reduce licensing and development costs, enable rapid development and prototyping of their analytics need, adhere to industry best practices etc. The solutioning included AWS platform, Data Lake, Service Layer and consistent use of BI and analytics platforms/tools across various divisions using Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Python & R.
ConfidentialDirector of Enterprise Data Management & Business Intelligence
- Involved in formulating data strategies to formally initiate Data Governance across the Bank, the formation of Data Governance Council and Collaborative Working Groups.
- Facilitated and led Pilot Collaborative Working Groups.
- Developed a consolidated Business Glossary after reviewing well over 6,000 DW/BI technical variables by following taxanomy methodology to arrive at few hundred business terms that are useful to Confidential business users and it’s external clients.
- Responsible for providing inputs, reviews and feedback to various Enterprise Data Management (EDM) activities carried out at the Bank, including review of artifacts and architectures that are being developed at the Bank.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Sr. Management Consultant - Delivery / Project Management
- Leading and managing the Enterprise Data Warehouse Modernization / Business Intelligence initiatives at Office Of Controller & Currency ( Confidential ) - client relations, project management, business requirements gathering, data profiling & data quality, data analysis, data governance, data integration, data visualization & systems testing efforts .
- Leading efforts to modernize the current data warehouse/BI environment to align with the agencies end state architecture - a single well integrated Enterprise Information Repository (EIR).
- Leading efforts in enhancing the current Continuing Education System that has complex dashboards, scorecards and BI reporting using Tableau.
- Working with Treasury Learning Management Systems Team in enhancing the incoming data quality and standards.
- Led the business requirements gathering, data profiling & data quality, data analysis, data integration, data visualizations & systems testing efforts for the Confidential (Enterprise Data Warehouse) enhancements related to Confidential system.
- Advised on architecture and design enhancements of Confidential platform using Oracle Exadata, Informatica 9.6, and Business Objects 4.
Confidential, Edison, NJ
Sr. Director - Business Solutions
- Responsible for the thought leadership, envisioning, business development, architecting, and solution delivery of data management, data warehousing, business intelligence and predictive analytics for Confidential clients. Also, responsible for building& executing Go-To Market Strategies in the EDM, DW/BI, Analytics & Big Data Space.
- Worked collaboratively across all sales, pre-sales, service delivery and account management organizations to acquire new logos and to generate additional revenue streams from existing key accounts.
- Managed culturally diverse team members (over 30+) from onsite, offshore and near shore for solution development/product enhancements.
- Mobilized internal cross-functional teams to ensure timely and compelling responses to RFI/RFPs to sell complex solutions in relevant Manufacturing, Financial Services, Insurance, Banking and/or Securities domains
- Spearheaded and headed delivery for advisory services related high end consulting engagements to influence and guide the CIO’s and IT Leaders in developing the future state roadmaps based on the current state assessment and gap analysis.
- Directed the technology architecture & solution development for data virtualization using a partner product called “Semantifi” as the core cloud based platform, a self-service based BI search tool with NLP (Natural Language Processing) Capability. Enhanced the solution by developing additional value added capabilities to build predictive analytics platform for SalesForce CRM using social media and news media contents.
- Delivered advisory services to GE Rail, a subsidiary of GE Capital, in assessing the current state of their Enterprise DW/BI and provide recommendations to remediate the gaps in Enterprise Data Management - Data Governance, Data Architecture, Data Integration, Data Quality, MDM, cloud based solutions; reporting and predictive analytical needs for both structured and unstructured data. Presented a holistic data strategy roadmap for 2015 and beyond initiatives to the CIO and their DW/BI IT Leaders.
- Architected and spearheaded the MDM solution development for GE Energy in consolidating and enriching their supplier data and to build a world class cloud based analytics platform to leverage the sourcing discount at corporate level.
- Architected and spearheaded the solution development for GE Water's requirement to build a predictive analytics capability for their water treatment plant to cut or reduce unplanned maintenance downtime and costs and to maximize the lifetime of the expensive parts.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
Director of Enterprise Data Management & Business Intelligence
- Directed the business intelligence& analytics team for the “Partner Score” product development, a product for the telecom carriers that scores its content providers and aggregators on more than 100 data points, similar to personal credit score. The solution does include social media content, service logs and other unstructured data sources using NoSQL, Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra and machine learning techniques.
- Spearheaded enterprise data initiatives for a multiyear product and web portal development in Java by providing flexible data and database architecture that caters to short term and long term/end state requirements.
- Led an effort to integrate disparate data sources by building an enterprise data warehouse using Pentaho Data Integration tools, thereby improving the data quality and eliminating redundant master data & meta data.
- Managed a culturally and geographically diverse high performance teams to learn and apply new skills and techniques to quickly respond to rapidly changing business needs.
- Data Marts and Analytics platform were built using agile methodology & process to gain confidence with the product management team and clientele.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
- Initially hired as a Management Consultant to analyze the current state, provide gap analysis and to recommend end state strategy that is flexible, adaptive to the changing needs and demands, cost effective and deliverable within the timeline.
- Drove strategies on approach and tools to support dash boarding, score carding and ad hoc reporting.
- Evaluated and recommend right big data solutions and product vendors.
- Worked with stakeholders to identify the go-forward business objectives for the new Exadata technology platforms.
- Responsible for solutions design, architecture, development and delivery across the Enterprise Business Intelligence domain.
- Developed initial roadmap, integration plan, design and prototype testing to integrate OBIEE and BI Application Analytics 795 with e-Business Suite 12.1.x with additional legacy data sources.
- Developed architecture for Oracle ERP/e-Business and Business Intelligence systems with Maximum Availability architecture and Disaster Recovery solution(s).
- Consulted in the planning of integration of BI reports with EBS system using Standalone, Daily BI Analytics and/or OBIEE including Pre-Built BI Analytics and custom data models.
- Developed migration strategy and procedures to convert the Oracle EBS database environment to UTF8 character set. Implemented APEX and extended Oracle EBS.
- Developed an end state architecture for cloning EBS environments with minimal downtime and with high flexibility to scale up or scale down hardware utilization (CPU, memory & storage) through virtualization.
- Successfully sold the client for developing in house skills and tools to evaluate the system change impact using Oracle SQL Performance Analyzer (SPA) and Real Application Testing.
Principal Data Architect
- Led technical and project management efforts to convert Confidential ’s enterprise legacy systems (STAR) to Oracle right from requirement discovery; data migration strategy; logical and physical data model designs; data mapping, scrubbing and transformation through custom developed ETL in PL/SQL.
- Partnered with the product owner to make feature prioritization decisions as driven by timeline, budget or technology limitations.
- Set strategic direction for Data Architecture, Data Governance and Master Data Management.
- Recommended & implemented Quest’s Benchmark Factory for database workload replay to deploy changes to the production environment with confidence by reducing risks associated with patches, upgrades, migrations and server configurations.
Confidential, Reston, VA
SLS/e-Business Suite Implementation Technical Manager
- Directed the Infrastructure Assessment Project development of future state architecture to implement 36 Sub Ledger Systems that required computing power and storage needs over 500 Terabytes (1/2 Petabyte).
- Drove IT management and delivery of parallel POC (Proof of Concept) efforts for future state requirements on Oracle Exadata x2-8, Exadata x2-2 and IBM P7 770 3 node RAC Systems.
- Facilitated change management initiatives through business case development to reduce costs by 10 to 20%.
- Collaborated with key technology groups to enhance FAH application performance by 300% of Sub Ledger System that contained 35M accounting journal entries; cut processing time from 30 hours to 10 hours.
- Generated 150% increase in performance and reduced implementation costs by leading the AIX migration effort from Solaris 11g database environments.
- Created RFPs to outsource the future state development to MSPs; garnered experience developing responses to RFPs, building proposals and preparing business cases.
- Provided technical leadership in architecture, design and development for data integration & data migration from custom sources to Oracle EBS, Confidential (Enterprise Data Warehouse) and Teradata Systems using ETL tools.
- Expertise in full life cycle implementation of R12 Oracle Financial Accounting Hub (FAH) to include analysis, design, configuration, customization, testing and post production support using Oracle AIM; leveraged deep understanding of product architecture/development lifecycle and business strategy.
- Stabilized the performance of Oracle databases affected by hardware, upgrades and change in optimizer behavior. Evaluated Oracle 10G Stored Outlines and Oracle 11G Baselines.
Data Architecture DBA Manager
- Spearheaded efforts with various technology support groups for operability testing, high availability and site failover of Confidential application as part of production readiness.
- Crafted Data Change Unit ( Confidential sub procedures for Confidential with workflow templates; trained Developers, Testers and Business Analysts on usage of the new process.
- Worked on critical root cause analysis, recommending corrective action plans to mitigate risks.
- Led phases of application systems development methodology, technical architecture, information architecture, database architecture, database engineering, data warehousing, Oracle Apps DBA and Oracle DBA.
- Led efforts to custom develop a solution to data mask and cleanse the production NPI data in the lower environments.
- Provided oversight of data integration services to Teradata Confidential (Enterprise Data Warehouse).
- Responsible for building, staffing and motivating employees, consultants and contractors.
- Led the PL/SQL Architecture Team to develop best practices and guidelines for reviewing and approving the PL/SQL code developed by the Confidential development team comprised of 100+ Developers.
- Proposed PL/SQL batch processing architecture to meet the performance requirements to process 18M+ loans as a member of the Confidential Program SWAT Team.
- Developed & implemented best practices for designing data marts, ETL design and dimensional modeling.
Sr. Consultant / Sr. Lead DBA
Confidential, Cary, NC
- Integrated Oracle Advanced Replication databases connected through fiber optic network for instance/hardware fail-over and for Decision Support Systems ( Confidential - Data Mart) copy.
- Worked with Enterprise Data warehouse teams to integrate the ESP data.
- Provided support to operations and maintenance of key production systems.
Sr. Principal Consultant
Confidential, High Point, NC
- Set standards, offered tuning & troubleshooting assistance to developers and coordinated with Development/Testing Teams.
- Led the Oracle application implementation of Inventory, Order Management & Purchasing modules.
- Designed and developed a data mart for application reporting solutions using Data Stage.
- Designed and developed logical and physical data modeling - 3NF and dimensional modeling.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes