- Experienced as a Sr. Business Analyst for 10+ years with proficiency in Business Process Engineering and Software Development Life Cycle including analysis, design, testing and implementation of software applications.
- Strong Knowledge of waterfall and agile SCRUM project methodologies to deliver projects.
- Experienced Scrum Master conducting SCRUM ceremonies like Product backlog, sprint planning, spring review, sprint retrospective, and daily standup sessions.
- Experience working in Healthcare and eCommerce/Retail Industries.
- Highly motivated, self - starter, able to work independently and collaboratively within a diverse and onsite-offshore teams.
- Experience working with cross functional teams like application, product, sales, marketing, legal, compliance, and audit teams.
- Experience in interacting with business users to identify their needs, gathering requirements and authoring Business Requirement Document (BRD), General system Design (GSD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and Software Requirement Specification (SRS) across the deliverables of a project.
- Experience facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP), Joint Application Development (JAD), Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions, interviews, workshops and requirement elicitation sessions with end-users, clients, stakeholders and development team.
- Strong focus on on-time and quality delivery.
- Experience in Business Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Gap Analysis, Risk Analysis, Disaster Recovery Planning, Testing and Project Planning.
- Proficient in creating Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams using Rational tools and Microsoft Visio.
- Excellent understanding of Data Models, Master Data Management, Databases like Oracle, and sound skills in SQL.
- Experience in analyzing and documenting business requirements and system functional specifications including Use Cases.
- Proficient in Developing and executing Test Plans, Test Scripts, performing functional, usability testing and ensuring that the software meets the system Requirement.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Sr. Business Analyst/Scrum Master
- Elicit and prioritize requirements from business using product backlog sessions
- Compile multiple business documents to prepare accurate user stories and acceptance criteria
- Prepare use cases and flow diagrams for business and technical teams
- Upload/Create user stories and tasks in JIRA, assign and track user stories and tasks
- Administer JIRA for managing user roles, permissions, assignments, reporting, issue (defect) tracking and dashboards
- Prepare capacity and velocity plan for sprints
- Work with technical and QA team for story point estimation
- Conduct various SCRUM ceremonies like product backlog sessions, sprint planning meetings, sprint review/demo sessions, daily standup and sprint retrospective sessions
- Facilitate design sessions between business, technical architect and development team
- Facilitate meetings to identify and resolve impediments to keep sprints on track for delivery
- Responsible for getting signoff from business on user stories, sprint demos and completion of sprints
- Prepare other mandatory project documents like business requirements document, functional requirement document, project plan, daily standup template, product backlog template, and test case template
- Administer and manage SharePoint for all project related documents
- Review test cases for user story coverage and acceptance criteria
- Assist business with user acceptance testing (UAT) and train them to use JIRA tool for logging issues (defects)
- Ensure team is using the agile project management processes
- Provide daily/weekly status to IT Director
- Elicit daily feedback from development and testing team to identify any impediments and get them resolved
- Departments involved: Sales service, Sales support, Actuarial, Underwriters, Legal & Compliance
Environment: Windows 10, JIRA, MS Office, IBM ClearCase, IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM), MS Visio, SharePoint, J2EE, Spring Framework, Angular JS, SOAP Webservices, REST Webservices, MS SQL Server, HTML, CSS, XML.
Confidential, Madison, WI
Sr. Business Analyst
- Participated in Business Modeling by understanding the needs of the business and documented Business and System Use Cases
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with the Business, Mainframe and HIPAA team.
- Mapped all functional requirements with Business Requirements and all user stories with functional requirements.
- Assisted business in preparing UAT documents like UAT Test Cases, training plan, and operations manual.
- Utilized MS Visio to create Use Cases and Sequence Diagrams.
- Analyzed the process flow between the MCO’s and MMIS for Encounter Claims, to verify the data required by the MMIS to process claims submitted by MCO and verifying the premium payments generated from MMIS for MCO.
- Managed epics and user stories in JIRA for the claims processing system between MCO and MMIS.
- Captured requirements and created business process flows for Medicaid eligibility and MMIS enrollment.
- Facilitated JAD session between MCO team and MMIS team to resolve design issues for the claims process.
- Accomplished experience through whole SDLC from requirement analysis till deployment.
- Created and Maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Initiated Test Plans, assisted QA team to develop and review test cases, scenarios and test results.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions with business users and prepared document for enhancements and bug fixes.
Environment: HP Quality Center 10.0, Caliber RM, SAP, MS Office, Windows XP, Windows Vista, MS Visio, HP SharePoint, MS Project, MS Visio, SQL, SOA Infra, XML, SpecBuilder, MMIS, Mainframe.
Confidential, Richfield, MN
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Prepared questionnaire based on the System Analysis Performed for all entities like Customers, Products, Services, Accounts, etc.
- Interface with product stakeholder groups to define clear user stories and acceptance criteria for the B2C website
- Worked with the Product Owners and Product Managers to introduce new features and integrate various data sources to offer Sale price, Promotions, Discounts, Gift Cards, and Loyalty programs to the customers
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology. Used ScrumWorks Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions
- Conducted extensive Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for all business requirements
- Was given the role of the Administrator for Microsoft SharePoint in designing the CI System. Recommended the necessity for a discussion board to facilitate real-time discussions for the sales team
- Documented the meeting minutes, action items with issues discussed and solutions resolved and followed up on action items to completion
- Used MS Visio to create business process diagrams
- Prepared Use cases and business process model notation diagrams for the requirements
- Created test cases for all the use cases using HP Quality Center
- Assisted business with user acceptance testing (UAT) activity
- Trained business users on the new capabilities of the B2C website
Environment: Agile/Scrum, MS Visio 2010, NIKU, Java, SQL Server, UNIX / Oracle Platform, SharePoint 2010, MS Excel 2010, HP Quality Center 10
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Sr. Regulatory Analyst
- Responsible for gathering and documenting Legislative, Business, Functional requirements for all the provisions and their impact on the existing products and systems
- Responsible for integrating with Facets. Designing test scripts for testing of Claims in Development, Integration and production environment.
- Tested and validated claims processed by Facets
- Participated in the CORE (Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange) compliance process for the company
- Actively involved through the successful Implementation phase of HIPAA 5010 Project
- Involved in HIPAA EDI transactions such as 835, 837 (P, D, I) 276, 277, 278
- Responsible for creating test scenarios, scripting test cases using testing tool and defect management for Policy Management Systems, Payables/Receivables and Claims processing
- Worked on the PPACA for various mandates such as Grandfather Rule, Rescissions, D-26, Pre Ex-19, Preventive Care, Operating Rules, and Early Retirees Fund etc
- Wrote test cases and test scripts for the User Acceptance Testing
- Performed Requirement Analysis and developed Use Cases and Activity Diagrams
- Traced High Level Requirements (HLR) to Detailed Level Requirements (DLR) using MKS Integrity
- Conducted meetings with SME's to understand current business processes and performed gap analysis to meet future business requirements
- Created and managed project templates, use case templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in MKS Integrity
- Developed and managed creation of product documentation to communicate features, benefits, positioning and impacts to different audiences and ensured that documentation deliverables from various groups are produced as needed
- Created Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) document, User Requirement Specification (URS) and Change Request (CR) document for system application development
Environment: MS Office, Rational Quality Manager, SQL Server, MS Project, MS Visio, Unix, J2EE, XML, Mainframe and Rational ClearQuest, ClearCase, Windows XP.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Developed Functional Requirement Scenarios and Use Cases based on business needs.
- Involved in gathering Data Mapping Requirements from Technical Team.
- Worked with Business user to define Functional Requirements and Business Process Flows.
- Developed Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Use Case Document (UCD) using Microsoft Office.
- Worked with data migration and file mapping for various EDI transactions
- Enhanced the Provider/Patient verification criteria using additional parameters based on the information retrieved from the EDI 837 I/P transaction files
- Translated the EDI X12 data into XML format for initial transformation/migration
- Worked on various Business and technical documents including the Requirements and Specifications
- Worked on Child Support Obligations and benefits and prepared process flows and data flow diagrams
- Prepared various reports for management
- Actively participated in change board meeting for any changes in the business requirements
- Updated BRD based on change request and manage change request document using Microsoft Office
- Used Quality Center to import all defined requirements from Microsoft Word
- Worked with quality analyst to ensure the validation of the system
- Documented all the development work submitted to the client in a report format
Environment: - MS Project, SQL, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Clear Quest, Microsoft Visio, Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7, Mercury Test-Director, MS Visio, Business Objects.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
- Developed Use Cases, workflow, screen mock-ups, and conversion requirements
- Conducted risk engineering to derive and execute action plans on time
- Responsible for conducting daily stand up meeting in the absence of team lead in SCRUM environment
- Responsible for attending Monthly Scrum planning meeting to define priorities from the product backlog
- Worked on HIPAA 4010s EDI 835 and EDI 837
- Interfaced with SMEs to prepare functional requirement documents for ongoing projects
- Prioritized business and systems problems; analyzed and conducted impact analysis for new enhancement
- Prepared business process models; used Visio to create use case diagrams
- Conducted various JAD sessions for requirement clarification, feasibility study and change request
- Responsible for managing change request document and communicating actively with the team
- Used IBM RequisitePro to enter functional requirement, use cases and create SoDA reports
- Actively participated in design phase with technical team for requirement clarifications
- Actively participated in QA phase with QA team for requirement clarifications
Environment: Windows 2007, Microsoft Visio, UML, IBM Rational RequisitePro, Rational SoDA, JIRA, Quality Center, Agile, SQL server, SQL developer.