- Over 9 years of experience in SAP FI/CO with more than eight projects, including two Full Life Cycle Implementations, one upgrade, rollout project and two production support projects.
- Strong Implementation and configuration experience in SAP Financial modules: General Ledger (FI - GL), Accounts Payable (FI-AP), Accounts Receivable (FI-AR), Asset Accounting (FI-AA).
- Expertise in in SAP controlling module include; configuring of Cost Element Accounting (CO-CEA), Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA) and Internal Orders.
- Experience in global FI/CO implementations and rollouts in US, South America and Asia.
- Experienced at combining expertise in Project Planning and Design with strong technical qualifications.
- Proficiency in writing the Functional and Technical Specifications for development objects (FRICE-W).
- Define required customizing in Accounts Payable. Configured for Payment terms, Vendor Groups, Number Ranges, and Automatic Payment Program.
- Strong Exposure to configuration of Cost Element Accounting, Cost center Accounting, Internal Orders, Product Costing, Cost Allocations and Profitability Analysis (CO-PA).
- Experience in user acceptance testing (UAT) and functional testing for various SAP functionalities and cross functionalities include SD, MM, PP and BI.x
- Effectively communicate with the clients and fill in the technical gaps and responsible for the delivering the strategic solutions.
- Experience in support of Payroll (integration to FI), Travel Management, CATS (Time Sheet).
- Expert in preparation of reports using SAP Query and Report writer/Report Painter.
- Strong working knowledge on Sales & Distribution - Orders, Billing, Credit Management, Revenue Recognition (RR).
- Full life cycle implementations using ASAP methodology, good understanding of AS-IS business processes, Blue Print, Realization-Configuration, Final Preparation-Unit & Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, End Users Training Pre-& Post Go Live support.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and abilities to make balanced & independent decisions.
- Proficiency in Spec Designing, Gap Analysis, Technical Documentation, interacting with the Super Users & End User Training, Reporting and Data Conversion and uploading of Master Data, Go-Live implementation and after go-live support.
- Understanding & Analyzing customer’s ‘AS-IS’ Business Processes and mapping ‘TO-BE’ processes.
Operating Systems: UNIX, MS DOS, MS Win NT 4.0, Windows 95/98/2000 & XP
Other Tools: Solution Manager, JIRA, MS Visio, SharePoint, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Visio and Project)
ERP Packages: SAP R/3 4.6B, 4.6C, 4.7, ECC 5.0, ECC 6.0, SAP S/4 HANA
SAP Interface tools: ALE, IDOC, EDI
Data Migration: LSMW
Testing Tool: HPQC, Panaya
Integration with FI/CO: SD, MM, PP and PM
Confidential, Lake forest, IL
Senior SAP FI/CO Consultant
Environment: SAP ECC6.0
- Designed the business process using ASAP implementation methodology, collected, analyzed the business requirements and defined areas for improvement.
- Created a lot of new company codes right from requirement gathering, configuration, testing, and documentation to go live.
- Configured House Banks, bank accounts, ranking order, automatic payments, term of payments, payment methods
- Implemented the Dunning program, Interest Calculation and defined layouts for the dunning letters
- Re-configured Product costing setup with activation of enhancements and equalization user exits and provided technical expertise for carrying out annual cost roll for both in-house materials as well as subcontracted materials.
- Apply strong knowledge of the business processes for designing, developing, and testing SAP functions associated with financial operations, which includes expertise in general ledger accounting, accounts receivables, accounts payables, asset management, cost center accounting, product cost controlling and profitability analysis
- Configure SAP FICO systems to meet client business requirements, including connection points with SD (Sales and Distribution), PP (Production Planning), MM (Materials Management) and other modules and implementation of SAP best practices
- Support the planning, development, testing, implementation, and post-implementation maintenance and support activities associated with business/function initiatives.
- Configured Cost Element Accounting and responsible for defining all the cost elements for Activity Allocation.
- Responsible for configuring internal orders by maintaining all the Order types, screen layouts, status management and planning the profiles.
- Carried out all the baseline configurations in CO area involving configuring Cost Component Structure, Costing Variants and Overhead Costing sheet
- Provide technical and business process expertise to enhancements or changes with collaboration with IS business partners in FI (Finance), CO (Controlling) and AM (Asset Management).
- Work collaboratively across company to deliver exceptional operational, project support and engage in new SAP implementations / rollouts.
- Work collaboratively with identified Finance Teams, IT Business Partner, and “Super Users” to identify opportunities for enhancement of business processes and use of SAP functionality to achieve maximum benefit from SAP. Leverage SAP best business practices to support a global organization
- Work collaboratively across the organization to deliver exceptional operational support, assist business staff in developing, implementing and monitoring policies, procedures, and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance
- Recognizes impacts of changes and ensures appropriate due diligence performed before making changes and is thorough in testing solutions before implementing to avoid rework. Demonstrate a sound knowledge and application of IT change, release, problem, incident and continuity management processes.
- Maintain high level of understanding of business processes, use of SAP (Treasury FI-CO, BW, etc.) and other integrated financial systems (eg. Hyperion, Readsoft) to deliver high quality integrated Finance architecture. Manage data integration requirements with other systems. Collaborate with the Enterprise Application architects, SAP Support Team and approved external service providers to produce options, and recommendations for implementation of change requests and/or projects.
- Comply with all change control procedures and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in the support of existing functionality, requested changes, and in the development of new functionality. Contribute to the maintenance of organization’s SAP solution as a GMP and SOX compliant solution.
Confidential, Lancaster, PA
Senior SAP FI/CO Consultant
Environment: SAP ECC6.0
- Integration between different modules - GL, AP, AR, bank, CO (CCA, PCA), SD and MM, FI.
- Implemented Activated Ledger, performed document splitting, created splitting rules, splitting methods, items categories and linked them to various document types.
- Configured document postings, GL recurring entries, accrual deferral documents, month end closings.
- Configured the account determination and interface points between FI, MM, and SD.
- Worked on Procure to pay, Order to Cash and Forecasting to Stock structure of the company for the different vendors/customers account payables and receivables.
- Configured customer account groups for all the different company codes, vendor account groups, defined payment terms and tolerance groups.
- Worked on credit management for the customers to set up the credit limit and configured the credit management master data list and credit overview for different customers. Defined tolerances for customers and vendors, payment terms.
- Maintained recurring entries and performed automatic payment program extensively. Define inter-company clearing accounts. Defined tolerance groups for employees.
- Configured all the business scenarios covering the Procure-To-Pay cycle in SAP ECC 6.0.
- Worked on the capital internal orders for all the different asset classes, which were settled through Asset Under construction.
- Actively involved in the configuration of Costing types, Valuation variants, Date Control, Transfer strategy for Material cost estimate with Quantity Structure.
- Configured Chart of Depreciation, depreciation keys for book and tax based on client requirements
- Worked on Lock Box process by importing files through bank interfaces.
- Worked on ALE process to send the IDOC's by defining the logical systems and also remote function call.
- Working on to create the BPP's for the business users by using the Upper form software and giving training to the users to execute the BPP's.
- Created the month end closing scenarios for the finance and controlling part of the organization.
- Contributing as SAP FI/CO consultant to the business testers and verified that the solution delivered meets client expectation and business requirements.
- Created data sets related to the scripts of different scenarios used by business.
- Created the integration scenarios and written the scripts for the settlement of internal orders.
Confidential, Miami, FL
Senior SAP FI/CO Consultant
Environment: SAP ECC6.0 (Full Life Cycle Implementation and Production Support)
- Responsible for configuring and testing the system for Controlling and Project System related business processes.
- Responsible for production support for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury, Controlling and Project System related business processes.
- Worked on the build of To-Be Interfaces required for SAP Finance module.
- In General Ledger worked on the configuration and testing all the business process of workflows related to journal voucher approvals.
- Worked on month-end and year-end closing processes for Finance, Controlling, Funds Management and Grants Management.
- Generated Business Process Master List (BPML) for General Ledger, Controlling and Project System related configuration and consolidated BPML to high-level processes and transactions.
- Configured automatic account determination, account groups, field status groups, posting periods, document types and document number ranges.
- Configured Validation and Substitution rules according to the business requirements.
- Written functional specifications for new custom development objects (FRICE-W).
- Used Read Soft to scan and extract information from paper or electronic vendor invoices to SAP.
- Used U-Perform to record Business Process Procedures (BPP) including for Enterprise Portal.
- Worked closely with BI team to generate the critical Finance reports.
- Used Quality Center testing tool for system testing (unit, integration and regression testing).
- Prepared cut over plan to validate the system before go live for Finance and Controlling activities.
Confidential, New Jersey
SAP FI/CO Consultant
Environment: Upgrade (4.6C to ECC 6.0)
- Trade deals process design - process for Accruals, Settlement. Configured the Access Sequence, Agreement Types and condition groups etc. Developed Programs for Legacy data upload and interfaces to third party tools like Promax and Siebel.
- Complete Configuration for FI/CO integration with MM for material movements and SD with pricing and billing including automatic account determination and GL account postings
- Complete Configuration for Tax on Purchases & Sale and withholding Taxes.
- Setting of Financial statement version i.e. Balance Sheet & Income Statement.
- Configuration for intercompany transactions
- Maintained Master Data for Cost Center Accounting, General Ledger, Internal Orders, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable modules.
- Configuration of Product Costing (CO-PC), including defining settlement profile, Assessment Cycle and distribution and various activities.
- Involved in production support for CCA, PCA, Co-PC, GL, AP, AR modules.
- Carried out additional report development & enhancement in existing system using various tools like Report Painter, RTR, Report Writer, and ABAP query, ABAP customized report using SAP tables.
Confidential -O-Matic, Illinois
Senior SAP FI/CO Consultant
Environment: ECC 6.0
- Gathered requirements for the various business processes and reporting requirements for COPA.
- Conducted extensive workshops for Core business processes and developed business process procedure scripts.
- Worked on understanding and integrating COPA with FI and SD and to understand the business reporting requirements for flow of values to COPA with essential reporting characteristics.
- Worked on baseline configuration in FI and CO. Configuration of Overhead Controlling, Cost Element accounting, Cost Center Accounting and Product Cost Controlling (Product cost by order, WIP, variance and settlements and flow of costs to CO and COPA)
- Configuration and creating core business scripts for COPA. Responsible for configuring flow of values from SD and FI Module.
- Configured Account Payables - Purchase Requisition, Purchase Order, Goods Receipt, Invoice Verification, Vendors credit memo and Check clearing sub-processes.
- Setup posting of manual incoming payments with differences, clearing and reversals, interest calculation.
- Assisted to configure treasury module - Lock box processing, Bank accounts, Manual and Electronic Bank statements and Bills of Exchange.
- Customized customer master data, customer groups, customer field status, terms of payment Performing Lockbox configuration.
- Developed AR custom report for month end closing to capture the every detail of Closed and Open Customer invoices
- Worked closely with PP, MM and SD team for configuration of integration with FI and CO.
- Worked Closely with Travel Management team to generate accounting documents for travel expenses and for settlement of trips for payments and account for taxes.
- Assisted in setting up of Vertex for tax purposes.
- Worked closely with MM to set up of three-way Invoice verification process.
- Closely worked with data load team and client for smooth data migration and cutover activities.
- Preparation of scripts for testing, development and execution of integration and unit testing scenarios for CCA, PCA, Product costing, COPA and Month end closing activities.
- Applied user exits and Validation and Substitution rules as per business process requirements.
- Setup of layouts and upload of Budgets for COPA. Developed financial reports for Budget analysis.
- Accountable for writing functional and technical specifications and worked closely with development team offsite and onsite for developing custom reports / interfaces / custom programs / enhancements / forms (RICEF’s).
- Worked as a liaison between security team and client to help define the roles and authorizations.
- Extensively used report painter/report writer to develop custom reports in FICO and COPA.
- Worked closely with BI team for reporting purposes.
- Supported the client after go-live. Responsibilities included resolving issues relating to stabilization of live production system through design/configuration fixes, Month end close activities, FI/COPA reconciliation and day to day issues related to both FI and CO.
Confidential, New York, NY
SAP FI/CO Consultant
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0 (Production Support)
- Worked with SD Team for Design and Configuration of the Sales process and integration with FI, Settings for Revenue Recognition & Revenue Item Category, Defined Condition Tables & Account Keys.
- Defined and Assigned Document Number Ranges.
- Defined Account Groups and Tolerance Groups for Vendors and Customers and Documents types.
- Interacted with Client to Create and Group Customer and Vendor Master Data, Vendor Field Status, Defined Credit Control Areas and Dunning Areas.
- Customized Line Layouts for GL, AP, and AR data entry and Report Displays.
- Designed and Configured Vendor Master Data: Vendor Group, Vendor Field Status, Creating Vendor and Customer Master Data and Risk Categories.
- Configured Outgoing Payments, Open Item Clearing in Accounts Payable.
- Configured for One-time Vendors/Customers with a Separate Screen Layouts and Customers/Vendors who were Vendors/Customers respectively and Trading Partners.
- Customized Lockbox, Payment Requests and Interest Calculation on Account Balances and Line items.
- Defined and Configured Controlling Area: Assigned Company Codes and Number Ranges, Operating Concern.
- Analyzed and Configured Cost Element Categories and Imputed Costs; Cost Center Accounting (Hierarchy nodes CC Categories, Time-Based Fields and Analysis Period, Statistical Key Figures and Activity Types, Allocation Types, Assessments, Planning setups, Auto Account Assignments).
- Involved in Documentation, End User Training and Post Production Support.
- Configured the organizational structure and tested the configuration in various scenarios.
- Integration between different modules - GL, AP, AR, SD and MM.
- Customized credit control area for credit management in the application components, credits limit checks for SD processing and Risk management for receivables.
- Designed Lock Box procedure for Accounts Receivable payments with various banks.
- Created Invoice Layout and processed invoices, Customer Master Data.
- Configured house banks, Bank accounts, GL structure, posting rules for automatic Payment Program configuration.
- Write and execute unit test and integration test scripts.
- Documentation for Training to end-users.
SAP Business Analyst
- Carried out current business process study and Preparation of AS~IS document
- Carried GAP study and prepared GAP analysis report
- Prepared TO~BE and Business Blue Print Document
- Identification and preparation of Financial Accounting Master Data
- Customization of Financial Account global setting, Document setting
- Business data preparation & Management related to FICO Module
- End User Demo, Training and preparation of User Manual Document