- Certified scrum professional with more than 7+ years of profound experience in Finance with excellent project management skills
- Experienced with Risk Management, Risk Ratings Systems, Credit Risk Valuation, Basel II/III Implementation, OTC Securities (Swaps, Options and Futures) Risk Analytics, Equity, Fixed Income Products like Treasury (Bonds, Notes, and Bill), Mortgaged Backed Securities (MBS), Municipal Bonds, Corporate Bonds etc.,
- Strong knowledge of trading life cycle, hedge fund strategies, securities accounting, financial products.
- Good understanding of (CCAR) - Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review and risk assessment
- Experience in banking and bank regulatory reporting, finance, or accounting, with a financial institution also Investment Banking projects specialized in Securities Trading (stock trading, fixed income trading, and derivatives trading), wealth management and risk management.
- Good understanding of Dodd Frank Act supervisory stress testing. Good experience with Data Migration.
- Extensive Knowledge in Capital Markets, Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Investment Banking, Mortgage, Financial Statement Analysis, Equity, Fixed Income, Alternative Investments, Derivatives, M&A, IPO etc.
- Strong understanding of risk control; including Value at Risk (VAR), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), and Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Proficient in conducting GAP Analysis, and writing "As Is" and "To Be" documents.
- Expertise in Agile, Agile-scrum and RUP methodologies of Software development
- Expertise in creating Business Requirement Document, Functional, Technical Requirements document, Solution Options Document, User Stories and Non Functional Specifications.
- Extensive skills in Data Analysis, Requirement Analysis, Business Modeling, and use case developing using UML methodology including Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Class Diagrams, designing prototypes and documenting them using Microsoft Visio.
- Hands-on experience with ER Modeling, Data Modeling, Data Indexing, and Data Normalization.
- Proficient in Test driven development & testing methodologies for performing UAT, System Integration testing (SIT), Business Acceptance Testing (BAT) and documenting test results.
- Being actively involved with QA team in different phases of testing such as System testing, Functional testing, Regression testing and Integration testing for Quality Analysis.
- Expert in facilitating all levels of management, developers, QAs, stakeholders, business users and off-site teams in JADs, brainstorm sessions, white boarding by conferences and WebEx.
- Creating Wireframes and also User Interface Documents for improving the understanding of the software solution
Modeling Tools: UML, BPM, OOAD, RUP, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Programming Languages: SQL, Excel VBA-Macro
Database: Management Systems MS SQL Server, MS Access, RDBMS, Oracle
Tools: RiskMetricks, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Visio, Mercury Quality Center, QTP, SharePoint, Agile, Windows 7, Microsoft SQL Server, Power Designer, MS Office, IBM ILOG, Smart-Draw, Share Point
Confidential - New York, NY
Sr. Business Analyst
- Conduct Brainstorming and JAD Session to gather Business Requirements with Regularity and Compliance subject matter experts to have a good knowledge of CCAR reporting.
- Conduct Gap Analysis of the features and functionality of current platform version and new version to determine the new functions to be added in.
- Assist in development of training and regulatory-compliance documentation
- Analyze the new regulatory requirements of Basel Accord of all Pillar 2 and 3 phases on Market Risk calculation, monitoring and reporting, and new implementation of Comprehensive Stress Testing (CCAR/DFAST).
- Implemented KYC and AML Compliances aligned with the project needs, Actimize, AML monitoring systems and Bridger, and working with various tools.
- As part of CCAR, worked on a Stress Testing solution for a client to check the health of the portfolio of investments for the client to ascertain Capital adequacy.
- As a part of CCAR market shock exercise prepared application mapping for FRY 14Q report.
- Took part in documentation and implementation of User Access Control as a part of CCAR reporting.
- Design detailed FRD, and Solution Options Document according to BRD and Basel regulatory requirements using Power Designer.
- Implemented Actimize Anti-Money Laundering (AML) system to monitor suspicious transactions and enhance regulatory compliance
- Obtained requirements from business stakeholders of the functionalities we needed for KYC Program and ensures the requirement obtained is consistent with BSA/AML Policy and regulatory requirements
- Model the detailed design of the system using UML diagrams including Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Use Case, and Data Flow diagrams using Smart Draw.
- Facilitate meetings with Development Team and Testing Team to walk through the FRDs and discuss feasibility of each requirement.
- Implemented KYC and AML Compliance to suit the Project needs
- Identify and assess potential data source of Interest Rate, help the market data team to integrate data using ETL tools.
- Develop training for regulatory documentation
- Work with Quantitative Analysts to design and administrate new Stressed VaR model and Advanced Monte Carlo Simulation method
- Work with Risk Reporting team to generate new Standard Pillar 3 Reporting framework, distinguish firm-wide global standards within QRM and the unique requirements for US site.
- Review Test Plan and Test Cases provided by Testing Team.
- Conduct quick Smoke Test after each bill in testing.
- Involved in design and implementation of Progression and Regression Tests of the new functionalities added in QRM system.
- Manage bugs using Defect Tracking Tool like JIRA, review each defect and assign development team to resolve problems.
- Used IBM-ILOG decision validation system to simulate and testing of business rule changes for the product.
- Generate User Manual and prepare Training Material of new QRM to internal users.
- Plan and Conduct User Acceptance Test (UAT).
Environment: Agile, Windows 7, Microsoft SQL Server, Power Designer, MS Office, IBM ILOG, Smart-Draw, Share Point
Confidential - New York, NY
- Used Rally to keep track of user stories.
- Participated in User Story Grooming.
- Gathered Business Requirements, defined the scope of the project, analyze and prioritized requirements, developed customized business strategies, and identified high potential business opportunities.
- Automated the generation of Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhance Due Diligence (EDD) reports in compliance with AML regulation.
- Conducted JAD sessions, met with client and end users in order to accelerate the design of IT solutions and also depict the user's view of the business needs and to jointly develop a solution
- Created burn down chart of the whole project and also each sprint while conducting daily scrum meetings with developers.
- Obtained requirements from business stakeholders of the functionalities we needed for KYC Program and ensures the requirement obtained is consistent with BSA/AML Policy and regulatory requirements.
- Involved in making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and tasking.
- Involved in Scrum Sprint Planning Sessions, Backlog Grooming Sizing, Sprint Retrospectives & Reviews, Daily Stand ups, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Conducted meetings with stakeholders to identify problems, resolve issues and provide solutions as per their requirements and business practices for regulatory reporting.
- Developed UML diagrams (use case diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, and class diagrams) in order to validate entity reference data and verification of the customer records: legal name, address, business purpose legitimacy and analysis of transaction activity)
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for data warehouse, and did data profiling
- Created wireframes in order to help developers build the application in Visual Basic and held data modeling sessions by developing DFD
- Implemented layouts for Suspicious Activity and Pattern analysis under AML regulations
- Issued the Test Plan Document, Test Planning, Test Design and Test Execution and was involved in the Testing Process which verified and validated all the defined business requirements and associated functionalities
- Lead the UAT effort and was single point of contact for all the User Testing issues and Change Management.
- Created the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) in order to project the life cycle activities and work products to the project requirements
Environment: Agile, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Visio, MS Project, SQL, UNIX, Bug zilla, Share point
Confidential - Midtown, NY, US
Business Analyst - Risk Control
- Interacted with project stakeholders and business groups to evaluate business needs and data issues for risk side, and worked with the technology team to implement pragmatic solutions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity while evaluating employer records for regulatory compliance.
- Identified and documented business needs for new market risk and credit risk module or re-usability of an existing module by performing a GAP analysis.
- Investigated and documented approvals/declines, escalation of approval requests for AML suitability and involved in Enhancement of Actimize solution to analyze AML data and tune alert parameters.
- Gathered Business Requirements, notional calculations of financial futures, options, fixed income and equity, and also key point of contact with business users including traders and risk managers.
- Implemented Actimize Anti-Money Laundering (AML) system to monitor suspicious transactions and enhance regulatory compliance.
- Focused in the area of Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) Reporting, Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) and Dodd-Frank Regulatory Reporting.
- Worked closely with Subject Matter Experts (SME) of all applications for different types of risk control violation, including conference call and raising Jira ticket for change request release.
- Responsible for writing the Business Requirement Document (BRD) and the Functional Requirement Document (FRD) for the application.
- Gained end-to-end understanding of the technology and data infrastructures behind the daily production and reporting of all counter-party credit risk (CCRT) and market risk metrics
- Completed Data Critical Program (DCPNP) survey for all applications under Treasury and Risk IT.
- Offered data support and checking using SQL/Query and developed complex spreadsheets using VBA\SQL.
- Involved in Privilege Accounts Downgrading (ITPA), assigned and helped developers within team to raise CRs and cooperated with Windows Team to make sure the process smoothly and successfully.
- Worked with QA team to make sure all key changes have been test in UAT environment before releasing and did post check after releasing.
- Utilize knowledge of regulatory requirements specific to Dodd-Frank Act Stress Testing and CCAR
- Assisted testers in developing a variety of possible Test Scenarios and Test Cases to ensure that the system built according the requirements.
- Worked closely with the business users for each area within Confidential 's in order to elucidate the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) strategy and offer strategic validation solutions to the business.
- Provided status update monthly to Senior Managers of progress made on all aspects of risk control and milestones achieved and shared with RTB team to improve their performance.
Environment: Microsoft office suite, SQL Server 2000, JIRA, SQL, Service Now, Bloomberg.
Confidential - New York, NY
- Gather and elicit requirements from various stakeholder groups and SME's and prepare Functional Specification Documents (FSD), Use Case Documents and User Stories.
- Facilitate various meetings like Daily Scrum, Story Writing workshops, Sprint Review and Retrospectives.
- Documented various system features, user interfaces, flowcharts in the form of Functional Specification Document (FSD).
- Develop Use Cases, Process Workflows, Sequence and Activity diagrams, Wireframe Screen Mockups and Prototyping used in design, development, user acceptance and quality assurance test plans.
- Elicit Requirements by holding Stakeholder Meetings, SME Interaction and joint requirement planning sessions.
- Requirements Management by tracking and communicating requirements through Jira.
- Conduct KT & Functional Query Resolution sessions for internal teams, User Training, Validating Test Cases & User Manual, Managing Enhancement and Change Request
- Elicit, Analyze and Document requirements from various Stakeholders, internal and external to the organization in the form of Backlog Items.
- As a Scrum Master, ensure the team is self-organized.
- Prepare a high-level Business Requirement Document (BRD) that identifies key deliverables to be met to initiate a project.
- Participated and documented Use cases along with the stakeholders.
- Helped the development team decompose high level User Stories into smaller detailed stories
- Eliciting Requirements performed GAP Analysis, creating Business Case and Business Need.
- Involved in Process Modeling using Flow Charts and Activity Diagrams to understand collaboration of the current and future processes.
- Assist the team in their test process and help prepare Test Plans and Test Cases to test all the functionalities of the application.
- Creating User Manual, participating in UAT and End-User Training.
- Developed and maintained the Traceability Matrix between requirements and test cases.
- Documented the test results, user training and reports. Send the QA Signoff for the responsible modules.
Environment: Agile Scrum, Confluence, JIRA, SharePoint, Java, SQL, SQL Server, DB2, SOAP UI, XML.