- Highly motivated IT professional with 12+ years of IT experience in Business Intelligence Development / Administration, P roject Management, Enterprise Architecture & Design, Network Architecture, IT Infrastructure Planning, Business Analysis, Data Analysis, IT Operations in various GE business like Confidential, Aviation, ESE, Corporate, GGO, Digital and Confidential .
- Outstanding record on delivering high quality BI solution on medium to large, complex cross - functional projects and programs end-to-end.
- Vast experience in Project Management Process (PMP), Agile, Scrum and Waterfall SDLC models and played various roles as Project Manager, Scrum Master, Team Lead for multiple full life cycle projects
- Highly Proficient in designing and developing end-to-end BI solutions per standard OLAP methodologies using analytical tools like Tableau, OBIEE, OBIA, Power BI, Cognos and Spotfire on Windows and Linux Environments
- Extensive experience in Design, Development, Administration, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance of Applications using Tableau, OBIEE, OBIA, Power BI, and Spotfire and Informatica ETL
- Expert in designing RPD, creating dashboards, reports and BI Publisher reports in OBIEE and implementing Oracle BI Apps (OBIA 11g) in all phases like implementing Out of order Box (Vanilla mappings) prebuilt mappings, Designing ETL, metadata management using DAC, Creating Oracle provided data warehouse
- Administered and managed Reports/Dashboards development on Tableau. Performed Patching/Fixing, Reports migration, Optimization, Enhancements and Upgrades.
- Expert in creating automated server maintenance and application maintenance scripts using Shell Scripting
- Expertise in loading data from various data sources in data warehouses and data marts using ETL tool Informatica . Experienced in doing testing and data validation from various source to target systems.
- Excellent in documentation of Business Requirements gathered using Client interactions, Brainstorming Sessions ; Evaluating Data Sources, Translating Requirements into Business Use Cases.
- Highly proficient in the use of various RBDMS Oracle, MS SQL Server for querying and reporting purposes
- Experience in Oracle Data Integrator ODI 10g/11g and Informatica Power Center 9.x/8. x.
- Excellent knowledge in AWS cloud migration.
- Facilitated Change Management and Conflict Resolution at various stages of the project life cycle by streamlining communication among the project stakeholders and end users.
- Tested numerous reports generated in Tableau, OBIEE systems by comparing results with back end DB.
- Solid SQL skills, can write complex SQL queries; functions, triggers and stored procedures for Backend testing, Database Testing and End-to-End testing.
- In-charge for knowledge management/transfer to Ensure technical and Production Support from offshore
- Expertise in Functional Testing to ensure a Data Quality after Migration and experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure business requirements have been fulfilled.
- Strong ability to thoroughly document User Manuals after subsequent releases and conducting User Training Workshops to familiarize Business users to the changes in Reports and Dashboards
- Good knowledge in working with FTP and development tools like SQL developer, TOAD and Eclipse
- Experienced in full project lifecycle: defining scope, gathering requirements, analyzing, estimating, planning, designing, modeling, writing business and technical specifications, developing prototypes, development, testing, deployment, implementation, documentation and support
- Excellent communication, management and organizational skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management. Strong customer facing skills, presentation and collaboration skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment
- Good analytical thinking, Critical thinking, Problem solving ability to translate technical requirement to test plans. Ability to work seamlessly with Onshore/Offshore teams
- Strong communication and team skills, ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
OBIEE: 12c (18.104.22.168.0, 22.214.171.124.0, 126.96.36.199.0 )
OBIEE: 11g (188.8.131.52.1, 184.108.40.206.12, 220.127.116.11.0, 18.104.22.168.160719, 22.214.171.124)OBIEE: 10gR 3 10.1.3.4.1, OBIA 11g
Tableau: 9.x/10.x, OBIA,, Spotfire 7.x, QlikView 10/9, Power BI, SAP BO, Cognos
ETL & ELT: Informatica Power Center 10.0, 9.1/8.6/8.5/8.1/7.1 (Designer, Workflow ManagerWorkflow Monitor, Repository manager), ODI
RDBMS: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2005 and 2008, DB2/400, Exadata, Greenplum
Web & Application Server: WebLogic 10g, Apache 2.x, Jboss
Operating System: Windows NT/XP/2000, UNIX, Linux
Monitoring /Authentication Tools: SSO, SSL, HTTP, LDAP, External Table Authentication, Site scope, New Relic
Service Desk: HP Open View, Service Now, JIRA
Domains: Aviation, Energy, Oil&Gas, Corporate Finance, Global Operations, HRA
Sr BI Architect
Confidential, Stamford, Connecticut
- Analyzing CEB data and adding it to Confidential system.
- Gathered business user requirements, analyzed data, and designed software solutions in Tableau Desktop based on the requirements.
- Design and develop scalable BI solutions on Tableau or Power BI
- Building, publishing customer interactive reports and dashboards using live data, Extract data on Tableau Server
- Created dashboards and reports in Tableau 10.x and maintaining server activities, user activity, and customized views on server analysis.
- Developed visualizations using sets, Parameters, Calculated Fields, Dynamic sorting, Filtering, Parameter driven analysis, trends and drill downs along with user level security.
- Documentation for knowledge management. Ensuring technical and production Support from offshore.
Skills Utilized - Tableau 10.x, Power BI, SQL, Oracle, Informatica, Shell Scripting, Java Script, HTML
Confidential, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Single interface for development and maintenance for reporting needs across all GE domains finance and accounting departments.
- Managing 3 offshore teams encompassing Tableau, OBIEE as well legacy reporting needs.
- Familiar with Installation, configuration, patching and upgrading of Tableau tool across the environments.
- Handled Tableau admin activities granting access, managing extracts and Installations.
- Developed Tableau visualizations and dashboards using Tableau Desktop
- Published Workbooks by creating user filters so that only appropriate teams can view it.
- Analyzed the data source and handled efficiently by modifying the data types.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Generated context filters and used performance actions while handling huge volume of data.
- Created and Published Tableau Dashboards into Tableau Server.
- Developed visualizations using sets, Parameters, Calculated Fields, Dynamic sorting, Filtering, Parameter driven analysis.
- Created various views in Tableau-like Tree-maps, Heat Maps, Scatter plots, Radical chart Geographic maps, Line chart, Pie charts etc.
- Responsible for requirement specification, analysis and detailed level designing for the enhancements.
- Training & Supporting end-user reporting needs using Tableau and OBIEE.
- Responsible for reviewing the deliverable to ensure quality. Documentation for knowledge management. Ensuring technical and production Support from offshore.
- Configured External Database Authentication Security and LDAP Security to Store User and User Groups Credentials.
- Prototyped data visualizations using Charts, drill-down, parameterized controls using Tableau to highlight the value of analytics in Executive decision support control.
- Upgraded Tableau Server from 9.3.8 to 10.1.6
Skills Utilized - Tableau Desktop 8.x/9.x/10.1.6,Tableau Server 8.x/9.x/10.1.6,OBIEE 12c/11g, OBIA, DataLake,PostgreSQL, SQL Server2008/2012, Oracle 9i/11g
Confidential, Shelton/Fairfield, Connecticut
- Played role of OBIEE Admin/Developer and Business Analyst.
- Migrated reporst from Cognos to OBIEE
- Analyzed business problem and designed the application screens and technical architecture.
- Led the offshore development team and designed OBIEE/OBIA RPD, logical & physical Data warehouse/Data-mart data model to support business requirements.
- Developed dashboards/canned reports with reporting Standards as per the Business requirement rules and documents.
- Configured BI Scheduler and Oracle BI Delivers- iBots to deliver alerts and publish updated content to subscribed users as per the schedules and requirements.
- Created and configured Physical layer, Business Model Layer and Presentation Layer of the repository with business logics including hierarchies and security privileges for both fact-dimension and fact less fact schemas in RPD .
- Created Repository, Session variables, Presentation variables and initialization blocks for various reporting needs.
- Involved in business model development with dimensions, hierarchies, measures, partitioning, Aggregation Rules, Time Series and Cache Management.
- Created standard Balances and Journal dashboards and reports by using data lake functionality on Greenplum database.
- Implemented security model for Financial Intelligence application including data level, object level, managing security privileges for each subject area and dashboards.
- Built ODI mappings and performed transformations to meet the reporting needs
- Extensively used ODI (Oracle Data Integrator) ELT tool to load data from various source systems to a target Data warehouse.
- Used ODI commands like ODIFile Move, odiFileAppend, odiFilecopy and so on.
- Improved overall performance of the system by eliminating various performance bottlenecks like:
- o Configured and tuned the session parameters appropriately. o Improved ETL Load process by benchmarking different approaches that reduced 50% of load transferring time between ODS to DW for a period by implementing partition exchange technique. o Automated client Balance to send attachment through email when adhoc request comes for old period
- Installed and configured OBIEE 126.96.36.199.0 / 188.8.131.52.0 /184.108.40.206.0/11g versions in windows and Linux environments. Applied patches, interim patches for bug fixes.
- Upgraded OBIEE environments from 10.1.3.4 to 220.127.116.11 (BP4 patch), 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124.0 for Dev, Stage and Production environments in various stages.
- Developed shell scripts to automate regular tasks to simplify the server administration.
- Improved the performance of overall BI domain (Console, EM and OPMN) using performance tuning techniques.
- Worked with DB team to fine tune the OBIEE queries to reduce run times of dashboards/reports.
Skills Utilized - OBIEE 11g/12c, Weblogic,Apache, DNS, Big IP Loadbalancer, Unix/Linux, Windows, SSO,SSL, HTTP, Shell Scripting
Confidential, Shelton/Fairfield, Connecticut
- Developed BI Publisher Reports for ARM team in Confidential
- Configured BI Publisher in OBIEE 11g
- Maintained and Developed various BIP reports using SQL queries
- Using RTF templates generated Excel and PDF file formats.
Skills Utilized - OBIEE 11g, BI Publisher, Weblogic, Apache, Linux
- Installed WebLogic, Jboss Apache, Site minder software in Dev, QA, DR and Production environment.
- Worked with different process teams (Application, Network, Security, Hardware, Database and Vendor support) to solve critical issues
- Performed administrative tasks related to application code deployments including stopping and starting services, making configuration changes, and troubleshooting issues to meet the needs of acquired business IT operations support.
Skills Utilized - Jboss, Linux, Apache, Siteminder
- Responsible for the overall support operations. The team has a combination of the onsite and offshore associates. This combination provides a 24-hour support. Provides support to the entire GE Infrastructure users (approx. around 70,000 users).
- Installed and configured of IIS 6.0 and IIS 7.5. Done audit trails for all the servers .Developed automation of schedule scripts to ease of server administration
- Monitored & Managed web Servers includes IIS and Jrun web server implementation and administration.
- Interface error reporting and mailing.
- Created profiles in Urchin tool to get reports for hits of website and regenerating the reports in Urchin Tool
- Supported URCHIN metrics and Teamsite content management tool.
Skills Utilized - IIS,Teamsite,Urchin, Siteminder, Windows, Linux