- Accomplished Senior IT Professional with a BI background and 9 years of experience in design and development of various BI/DW projects with major skillset of SAP Data Services XI 4.2/4.0/3.x (Extracts, Profiling, Transformations, Cleansing and Loading)
- Good understanding of SAP BPDM/AIO, Information Steward, SAP Rapidmarts, Data Quality, CMC, Web Intelligence.
- Strong understanding of EIM concepts which include Data Integration, Data Migration, Data Profiling, and also responsible for implementation involving Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from various legacy systems into data warehouse.
- Working knowledge of ABAP Data - flows, Adapters and extracting data from SAP and non-SAP systems like Oracle Apps, Salesforce, Ellipse and performing various transformations and staging data.
- Experience in designing and developing ETL routines for BODS Data Migration with BPDM/AIO Best Practices and data quality transformations.
- In-depth knowledge of Data Services concepts which involves creating complex Jobs, Work Flows, Data Flows, Writing Scripts and using different DI/DQ Transformations to successfully load data from various sources into a desired target.
- Extensively involved in creating rules and scorecards using Data-Insight, Data Profiling like source column data, detail data profiling by using validation, address cleansing transformations.
- Full Life Cycle Experience with Agile Methodologies, Sprints and Scrum meetings and good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which involves analysis, design, development, maintenance, testing, implementation and documentation.
- Experience in HANA Modeling (Attribute, Analytic & Calculate views) and reporting.
- Strong Knowledge in Caching Strategies, Push-down Optimization, Parallel Execution and have the ability to work with DBA team for tuning needs.
- Experience in working with complex metadata scripting, Try-catch & performance tuning of Dataflows and also in configuring Email notifications by writing scripts.
- Experience with Data Services Management Console to schedule and execute jobs, manage repositories and perform metadata reporting.
- Ability to interact with the Business Analysts in identifying the needs and to understand the requirements of the system to translate the functional specs into design documents and technical specifications.
- Capable of leading/managing numerous projects while leading cross-functional teams to meet and exceed overall IT initiatives.
- Good team player with excellent communication, written and presentation skills with strong aptitude to learn new concepts and technologies.
- Very strong Analytical skills mixed with BI knowledge and good ability to understand customer's needs.
- Implemented Transformation, Scripts, Stored Procedures/Triggers and necessary Test plans to ensure the successful execution of the data loading processes.
ETL Tools: SAP Business Objects Data Services 4.2/4.0/3.x, SSIS
Reporting Tools: Web Intelligence, SSRS
Databases: Teradata 18.104.22.168, Oracle 11g/10g/9i, SQL Enterprise Manager
GUI: SAP-Queries, Eloqua eCRM, Oracle Framework.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, HTML.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Sr. BODS Consultant
- Interacted with Business Analysts and participated in Requirement gathering sessions and developed BODS job specifications based on information acquired by analyzing source data, Business rules.
- Indentified opportunities for new architectural initiatives in eFax and eVoice modules and made recommendations for increasing the scalability and robustness of BODS platform.
- Mainly responsible for the data standards and creating MOP’s, designed and developed the data models and established policies and best practices for optimizing data throughput.
- Written DI Scripts for File existence check, Daily incremental read, Daily Incremental update, workflow level Script read, workflow level Script update, workflow level Error Handling and Job Dependency.
- Worked with various transformations like Query, SQL, Key Generation, Merge, Case, Validation, Map Operation and Table Comparison in Platform and DI Transforms and extracted data according to the business rules and Technical Specifications.
- Configured the mappings to handle the updates to preserve the existing records using History Preserve Transformation (Slowly Changing Dimensions Type-2).
- Extensively used lookup, lookup ext functions in Data Integrator to load data from source to target.
- Used Try and Catch mechanism to handle errors and scripts objects, variables and parameters at data flow and work flow level.
- Created Scripts like starting script and ending script for each job and declaring the Local Variables and Global Variables and also tuned the complex transformations in the dataflow.
- Used Date functions, String functions, Database functions to manipulate and format source data as a part of Data Cleansing and Data Profiling process.
- Experience in debugging execution errors using Data Integrator logs (trace, monitor and error) and by examining the target data using debug mode.
- Tuned Data Integrator Mappings and Transformations for the better performance of jobs in different ways like indexing the source tables and using Data Transfer transformation.
- Used System Configurations for various data stores to load the data into specified destinations.
- Implemented Server groups to use advance performance tuning feature such as parallel data flow, dividing dataflow in to sub dataflow and Degree of Parallelism (DOP).
- Used Data Services Management Console to schedule and run jobs, Manage Repositories and perform Metadata Reporting.
- Involved in upgrading the jobs from Data Services XI 3.2 to 4.0 and migrated all the objects using BODS Repository Manager.
- Used Central Management Console for Creating users and user groups, restricted access of the users.
- Collaborated with team members throughout the SDLC to perform model reviews, data reviews, issues resolution and assure the successful delivery of Jobs.
Environment: Business Objects Data Services 4.0, Oracle 11i, Eloqua eCRM.
Data Migration Developer
- Interacted with Business Users and Managers in gathering business requirements.
- Extracted Fixed assets data from AS400 migrated to SAP with separate loading strategies based on the type of assets.
- Experience in Extracting vendor partner functions data from trading partner legacy system to SAP with the relevant vendor account group for different vendor Partner functions.
- Used Business Objects Data Service for ETL extraction, transformation and loading data from source systems like Iseries, DB2 and then loaded into Oracle SQL staging tables and populating to SAP target systems .
- Using Data service Extracted Purchase order creation and PO changes data from the Legacy system then transformed and loaded in to SAP system.
- Balance Sheet (B/S) and Profit & Loss (P&L) GL account actual balances need to be moved from Legacy System (iSeries), to SAP to reflect account beginning balances as well as generate balance sheet and other financial reports.
- Added SQL Statements, functions and Variables in Initialization, created Workflows, Dataflow and Where Clauses.
- Used Data Services inbuilt functions like Aggregate Functions, decode, string Functions, IFthenelses(),substr,Date Functions, Lookup Functions, Math Functions.
- Used LSMW as the standard data loading method.
- Used Formats and Transforms including Flat File formats, Query, Table Comparison, Validation, Transform, Case, Merge Transform and Map Operation using SAP Business Objects Data Service.
- Used Auditing and filtering features to analyze the data flow and performed debugging to do Error Management.
- Utilized the Debugging function adding Breakpoints, Try and Catch block.
- Loaded the test data to estimate job run time and Performance Statistics and optimized and fine tuned the job. Used Push Down where applicable.
- Performed Job Validation and Syntax checks and Dry Run to evaluate for errors, execution time and bottlenecks.
- Utilized various BODS functionalities like: By-Pass, Debugging, Try and Catch block, Target table Auto-Correct Load and Auto-recovery mechanisms.
Confidential, Plano, TX
SAP BODS Consultant
- Mentoring and co-coordinating with offshore team on business queries, reviewing and guiding on the technical implementation of team at off-shore.
- Troubleshooting BODS connectivity issues with source systems and SAP BAPI integration.
- Extensively worked on AIO (All In One) methodology, SAP preferred Data Migration methodology
- Developed a code migration methodology for SAP BODS across Dev, Test, Prod landscape
- Guide the client team in establishing the dependencies on the data load objects, and preparing project plan with dependencies and cut-over strategy
- Creating a load structure which can feed to SAP- LSMW loads.
- Closely interacted with SAP load team to fix the load errors at ETL end.
- Creating dynamic error report on error data and analysis to provide inputs to business.
- Created reusable BODS code components to load data from legacy source to SAP ECC.
- Created temples for loading data to SAP-LSMW and held tight integration for AIO BAPI objects
- Managing development team to adhere to project schedule and optimize the resources for quick turnaround on bugs and testing.
- Analyzed the session, event and error logs for trouble shooting mapping sessions.
- Created test cases for carrying out unit testing and part of functional testing.
- Worked with Variables and Parameters in the mappings to pass the values between sessions
- Responsible for documentation, version controlling of schema and version releasing.
- Prepared Data Migration cut-over plans, mock data loads, performance improvement initiatives
- Actively participated in the blueprint phase of project regarding the architecture phase.
- Implemented BO Data Quality Solution Customer address cleansing on SAP CRM and SAP ECC
- Developed, published, and scheduled batch and real-time jobs.
- Responsible for the development of strategic documents including the technical specs.
- Installation and configuration of Business Objects Enterprise and Data Services 3.2, including Data Quality.
- Creation, improvement, and documentation of HCM reports and related universe, including standardization and applying best practices.
- Designed the mapping templates for data extraction and loading and supported ETL developers
Environment: SAP R/3 4.6c, SAP ECC 6.0, SAP BI 7.0/7.3, SAP CRM SAP BODS 3.2
Confidential, Washington, D.C
- Worked in planning, developing, implementing and managing data warehouse project deliverables, design documents and high level data mapping for ETL specifications.
- Involved in extracting the data from Legacy System to Flat Files and loading the data from Flat files to staging intermediate DB2 tables.
- Created various Local and Global Variables, Parameters to populate default values in the target system.
- Corrected the Time Dimension load to accommodate the changes like Fiscal Day/Period/Week etc.,
- Coded around 250 data validation checks as per the business logic through ETL / SQL for almost every column coming from CSV source file.
- Worked on several transformations such as Case, SQL, Validation, Query, Table Comparison, Hierarchy Flattening, Pivot and Reverse Pivot.
- Performed Job Validation and Syntax checks and to evaluate for errors, execution time and bottlenecks.
- Created Global variables to read the files from the shared location from the BODS Designer and also worked on the FTP process to put & get the files on the data-exchange servers.
- Worked on Performance Tuning ETL Jobs, and CDC using Time stamp, SCD and also set up validation rules
- Involved in Execution cycles to Schedule the jobs based on Business transaction rules.
- Performed Validation and Verification by comparing counts on source and Target systems based on Business rules.
Environment: SAP Business Objects Data services XI 3.2, Oracle 11i, JIRA
- Designing and Implementation of Data Structures for Storage of Data.
- Involved in Development, Maintenance, Testing and Enhancement .
- Written dynamic PL/SQL procedures, which were used for porting and generating data and
- Responsible for optimizing SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Involved in writing a PL/SQL Procedures, which are used for generating the Pending Appointment Reports.
- Writing Test cases for each enhancement.
- Written Packages, Procedures, Functions, database triggers and designing of screens and
- Reports generation. Development of forms based entry screens and the menus using VB.
- Modified database structures as directed by developers for test/develop environments and assist with coding, design and performance tuning.
- Managed user access and Created new security accounts.
- Performed Backup and restore of databases.
- Developed and implemented database and coding standards, improving performance and maintainability of corporate databases.
- Responsible for customization to base package and development of custom modules,
- Enhancing the functionality of forms, reports, SQL and application tuning.
Environment: Oracle8.x, Developer2000, Forms4.5, Reports, PL/SQL, Windows NT, Windows 2K