- Over 10+ years of experience in analysis,design and development of client/server,web based and n - tier application along with extensive experience in Data warehousing, Data modeling, Data integration, Data Migration, ETL process and Business Intelligence as a ETL Developer. Excel under pressure in deadline driven environment with s uperior interpersonal communication and technical documentation skills.
- Drawing on Experience in all aspects of analytics/data warehousing solutions (Database issues, Data modeling, Data mapping, ETL Development, metadata management, data migration and reporting solutions).
- Strong understanding of Data Modeling (Relational, dimensional, Star and Snowflake Schema), Data analysis, implementations of Data warehousing using Windows and UNIX.
- Developed mappings in Informatica to load the data from various sources into the Data warehouse different transformations like Source Qualifier, JAVA, Expression, Lookup, Aggregate, Update Strategy and Joiner.
- Extensive experience in developing stored procedures, functions, Views and Triggers, Complex queries using SQL Server, TSQL and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Experience in resolving on-going maintenance issues and bug fixes and monitoring Informatica sessions as well as performance tuning of mappings and sessions.
- Efficient in implementing QA Process, established standards, procedures, and methodologies and also have a solid expertise in HP Quality Center.
- Good Understanding of Agile approaches like user stories, Programming, Test-Driven Development, Daily Standups, Retrospectives, Pair Programming and Scrum meetings.
- Worked in close co-ordination with the testing team in developing test plan and test cases from functional and business requirements.
- Prepared Test plans, Test cases reviews, test cases execution, designing, executing, verifying and analyzing test programs.
- Formulated and tested queries with SQL on an Object/Traditional Relational Database.
- Exposure to all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Also worked in SDLC models like Waterfall, RUP and Agile.
- Power Center 8.5/7.1.3/6.2.1 (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor), and Power Connect.
- Extensive work in ETL process consisting of data transformation, data sourcing, mapping, conversion and loading.
- Knowledge on Big Data using Spark and Scala.
- Extensive experience in implementation of Data Cleanup procedures, transformations, Scripts, Stored Procedures and execution of test plans for loading the data successfully into the targets.
- Emphasized on Performance of Mapping Optimizations in Informatica.
- Experienced on working with Big Data and Hadoop File System (HDFS).
- Experienced on working with NoSQL databases like Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Expertise in developing SQL and PL/SQL codes through various stored procedures, functions, triggers to implement the business logics of database in Oracle and SQL Server 2000/2008.
- Excellent analytical, communication and Interpersonal skills. Also have led small teams in implementation of projects. Good at mentoring newbies and have excellent leadership skills.
- Good team player with the ability to manage and work independently in a time sensitive environment.
Testing Tools: QTP 9.0/9.5/10.0/11.0, Quality Center 8.2/9.0/9.5/10.0, Load Runner 9.50, Team Foundation Server 2010, Test Manager 2010
Database Testing: Transaction Testing (front end to back end testing), Data Mapping / Data Conversion Testing and Data & File Validation
Programming Languages: C, C++, ASP.NET, VB.NET, ADO.NET, Java, Python
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/8.1/7.1/7.0/6.2/5.1, SSIS, DTS, Kettle 4.2,5.2,6.07.0,7.1
Business Intelligence Reporting Tools: Oracle Business Intelligence Suite (OBIEE), SSRS
Operating system: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Unix, Linux, MAC
Databases (SQL & NoSQL): Oracle 10g/11g, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2000/ 2005/2008, MySQL, MS Access, MongoDB, Cassandra
Web Technologies: Java Script, VB Script, HTML
Assembly Languages: 8085/8086 Microprocessors
Version Control Tools: VSS, TortoiseSVN, CVS, ClearCase
Utility Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Eclipse, MS
Visual Studio, Toad, SQL Developer
BigData Tools: Spark & Scala
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior ETL/Enterprise Developer
- Design, review, implement and optimize data transformation processes in Big Data ecosystems.
- Design, develop, document, and test ETL solutions using industry standard tools.
- Plan data integration process by defining specifications and data integration processes best fit for data ingestion into IROM system based on rigorous analysis of legacy applications and emergent systems.
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions with business and technical staff to distill technical requirements from business requests.
- Partner with clients to fully understand business philosophy and IT Strategy and recommend process improvements to increase efficiency and reliability in ETL development.
- Present ETL documentation and designs to team members and convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Enhance ETL team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions and mentoring team members.
- Review and analyze data sources to define normalize and standardize them to facilitate automated data and content integration into IROM Customer Portal.
- Extract data from multiple sources, integrate disparate data into a common data model, and integrate data into a target database, application, or file.
- Validate data integration by developing, and executing test plans and scenarios including data design, tool design, data extract/transform, networks, and hardware.
- Ensure timely implementation of data integration projects based on the determined milestones and quality standards.
- Ensure transparency and knowledge sharing through effective usage of documentation and cross training.
- Assist in the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing and other ETL-related activities.
Environment: Pentaho ETL (KETTLE) tool, Informatica PowerCenter 8.6/8.1, Java, Windows/Web Applications, BI Reporting, NoSQL: HBase, HDFS, Cassandra, MongoDB, Agile-Scrum Methodologies, VB Script, Linux.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior ETL Consultant
- Involved in the analysis of the user requirements and identifying the sources.
- Created technical specification documents based on the requirements by using S2T Documents.
- Involved in the preparation of High level design documents and Low level design documents.
- Involved in Design, analysis, Implementation, Testing and support of ETL processes for Stage, ODS and Mart.
- Prepared ETL standards, Naming conventions and wrote ETL flow documentation for Stage, ODS and Mart.
- Administered the repository by creating folders and logins for the group members and assigning necessary privileges.
- Collect and link metadata from diverse sources, including relational databases and flat files.
- Designed and developed Informatica’s Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and oracle tables to target tables.
- Worked on various kinds of transformations like Expression, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, Java, Lookup, Filter, Joiner, Rank, Router and Update Strategy.
- Developed reusable Mapplets and Transformations.
- Used debugger to debug mappings to gain troubleshooting information about data and error conditions.
- Involved in monitoring the workflows and in optimizing the load times.
- Used Change Data Capture (CDC) to simplify ETL in data warehouse applications.
- Involved in writing procedures, functions in PL/SQL.
- Involved in extensive performance tuning by determining bottlenecks at various points like targets, sources, mappings, sessions or system. This led to better session performance.
- Worked with SQL*Loader tool to load the bulk data into Database.
- Prepared test Scenarios and Test cases in HP Quality Center and involved in unit testing of mappings, system testing and user acceptance testing.
- Defect Tracking and reports are done by Rational Clear Quest.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6/8.1 (PowerCenter Designer, workflow manager, workflow monitor, PowerConnect), Oracle Data integrator, MS Visio, ERWIN,IBM MQ series, BO XI R3, Cognos 8, SQL*Loader, HP Quality Center, Oracle9i/10g, Teradata,PL/ SQL, Sybase, AUTOSYS, Rational Clear case, Rational Clear Quest, Windows XP, TOAD, UNIX.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Senior ETL/Automation Consultant
- Developed Logical and Physical data models that capture current state/future state data elements and data flows using Erwin 4.5.
- Responsible for design and build data mart as per the requirements.
- Extracted Data from various sources like Data Files, different customized tools like Meridian and Oracle.
- Extensively worked on Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers and SQL queries and for loading the data (staging) to enhance and maintain the existing functionality.
- Done analysis of Source, Requirements, existing OLTP system and identification of required dimensions and facts from the Database.
- Created Data acquisition and Interface System Design Document.
- Designed the Dimensional Model of the Data Warehouse Confirmation of source data layouts and needs.
- Extensively used Oracle ETL process for address data cleansing.
- Developed and tuned all the Affiliations received from data sources using Oracle and Informatica and tested with high volume of data.
- Responsible for developing, support and maintenance for the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes using Oracle and Informatica PowerCenter.
- Created common reusable objects for the ETL team and overlook coding standards.
- Reviewed high-level design specification, ETL coding and mapping standards.
- Designed new database tables to meet business information needs. Designed Mapping document, which is a guideline to ETL Coding.
- Used ETL to extract files for the external vendors and coordinated that effort.
- Migrated mappings from Development to Testing and from Testing to Production.
- Performed Unit Testing and tuned for better performance.
- Created various Documents such as Source-to-Target Data mapping Document, and Unit Test Cases Document.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1/7.1.2, Erwin 4.5, Oracle 10g/9i, Teradata V2R5, XML, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2005/2000 (Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer), Sybase, SQL* Loader, SQL * Plus, Autosys, OLAP, Windows XP/NT/2000, Sun Solaris UNIX, MS Office 2003, Visio Project, Shell scripts, Mainframe.
- Agile development - Participated in daily scrum meetings to report daily progress of Automation activities and Sprint planning for test planning activities.
- Involved in requirement gathering and performed ETL Process.
- Created Dimension Tables and Fact Tables based on the warehouse design.
- Wrote Triggers and Stored Procedures using PL/SQL for Incremental updates
- Integrated various sources in to the Staging area in Data warehouse to Integrate and for Cleansing data.
- Involved in building of the Data Warehouse which includes the Design of Data mart using Star Schema
- Created the Source and Target Definitions in Informatica Power Center Designer
- Created Reusable Transformations and Mapplets to use in Multiple Mappings
- Developed and updated documentation of processes and system.
Environment: Power Center 6.2/7.1, Power Connect, Business Objects 6.5/6.0, Erwin 4.0, Oracle 9i, Teradata V2R5, Autosys, Toad, SQL, PL/SQL, Sun Solaris 8.0 and Windows 2000, UNIX shell Scripts, Mainframe.
- Working as a team lead managing 6 resources from offshore and handling 4 modules Order Entry, Shipping and Sales and their reports.
- Analyzed usecase & design specification documents and created Test Plan, Test Strategy documents
- Understanding the Landauer business, Usecases and transer the Knowledge to team using visio diagrams.
- Identifying the areas of automation and creating QTP scripts to create data for down stream modules and reporting
- Creating and maintaining QTP scripts using modular framework with QC.
- Create QTP scripts for integration scenarios and to create data for reporting.
- Creating library functions using VBscript in QTP.
- Creating XML’s as per the schema file using VB script and hitting Web Service with large volume of data (Volume Testing)
- Creating Load Runner scripts to test customer interface, WSS - Web Self Service application
- Providing estimates for CR’s and the work for modules being handled.
- Creating and generate daily reports in QC to manage the work for team (Summary reports for Test case creation and Execution)
- Participanting in daily defect review meetings to discuss and assign defects
- Reviewing testing artifacts and getting approvals from client/SME’s.
- Resolving functional issues from offshore team by discussing with SME’s at Landauer and Development team in Canada(Agresso).
- Involving in offshore meetings, Build release meetings and QA status meetings.
- Written and modified required simple SQL validation scripts to validate the outputs.
- Prepare Status Reports in QC every week with QA status to help in monitoring the amount of work done for current week and plan for next week.
- Resource work plan to determine the completion date by using Microsoft project plan (MPP).
- Involving in Project management meetings (PMO) and escalate issues with reasons for showstoppers.
Environment:: .Net 2003 and SQL Server2000.