- Overall 11+ years of Business and Technology consulting experience in Banking and Financial Services Industry.
- Working as a Business System Analyst/Project Lead in Trading and Order Management System in Confidential Wealth Management division. Led a team of 5 members.
- Certified Scrum Master and Scrum Professional. Have experience of more than a year working in an environment which is t transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Methodology.
- Handled and successfully implemented projects within the Merrill Lynch Online Client and Financial Advisory platform with different roles across the organization in Project Management, Business Analysis and Quality Assurance.
- Worked on applications and business processes which are used by FAs for domestic and international trading. Products includes, US and international equities, mutual funds, simple & complex options, fixed income, IPOs and new issues.
- Working on a Portfolio Rebalancing project for our Managed Account Advisors which automate daily processes such as cash management, drift monitoring, following restrictions, and handling security swaps.
- Proficient in business requirements gathering, creating detailed functional requirement documents (FRD), traceability matrix, business process modelling, process re - engineering, cross-functional process flows, use cases and UML.
- Created and updated data mapping documents; experience in data analysis, data profiling and data migration.
- Supported Go-Live for major clients and managed post production issue resolutions and change requests.
- Built, managed and mentored global cross-functional teams to successfully deliver large scale projects.
- Bachelor of Engineering from Visveswariah Technology University in Karnataka, India.
Confidential, Pennington, NJ
Business System Analyst and Project Lead
- Business System Analyst for Merrill Lynch Portfolio Rebalancing Project. Partnered with Portfolio Managers, Financial Advisors, Traders and SME’s to prepare the high level business requirements document (BRD) for this re-platform initiative aimed at having in-house rebalance engine, improved and streamlined workflows and better user experience.
- Modeled and decomposed processes from interviews and existing documentation, performed information gathering, wrote business and solution requirements.
- Documented user stories using Rally. Worked with Product Owners on product backlog creation and prioritization.
- Participated in workshops to understand the existing business flow; worked with tech leads to define a new centralized workflow engine to co-ordinate the business processes for account management rules, trade routing rules, for portfolio trading and rebalancing.
- Worked closely with development leads during technical design phase for proper project implementation; provided client’s leadership team with project metrics, reports and project schedules.
- Led a team of 2 BAs and 3 developers; tracked progress to ensure project milestones are completed on time, within budget and with the desired results.
Business Analyst and Team Lead
- Re-engineered an existing IPO (Initial Public Offering) application used for placing orders for reserved share clients and online clients.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using Unified Modelling Language (UML).
- Created data mapping documents by co-relating UI elements and data dictionary tables.
- Led a cross-functional team that successfully developed an IPO application - Online Deal Management (ODM) application.
- Worked with product teams and defined project solution; developed project plans and managed the project scope.
Business Analyst and Module Lead
- Analyzed and executed Policy Digitization project for TCS HR department; implemented strategic initiatives to curb financial leakages, applied corporate rules & policies covering several geographies - APAC (11 countries), India, UK & Ireland, Chile, Europe (12 countries) and Middle East (5 countries). Received highest performance evaluation in annual reviews.
- Studied and documented As-Is HR business processes for Employee Self Service Applications and identified product gaps. Designed and implemented the go-forward suite of HR applications and migrated legacy data to new systems.
- Worked closely with respective country’s HR, corporate HR and policy management team for understanding the country specific rules and policies taking into account the local laws and legal requirements.
- Managed requirements using IBM Rational Requisite Pro and designed business process models and workflow models using ARIS and MS Visio.
- Worked on interface requirement specifications with modules like SAP payroll, ERP-HR, OA-HRMS; identified and closed product gaps and financial leakages.
- Worked extensively on data analysis, data migration and data cleansing while switching to the new HR portal.
- Suggested key inputs on settlement process for associates at the end of deputation. Integrated HR application with financial modules which helped in overcoming the manual scenarios of processing allowances leading to massive savings.
- Participated in drafting pre and post rollout employee communication plan and training manuals to ensure smooth transition to the new system; prepared monthly status reports for senior leadership team. t milestones.