Offering 20+ years of progressive experience in Information Technology. Expertise including IT Strategy Development, Cross - Functional Team Building & Leadership, Budget Planning & Management, Project Management, Technical Troubleshooting, and Performance Management.
- IT Vision & Leadership
- Strategic Planning & Analysis
- Program Delivery
- Budget Management
- IT Infrastructure
- Network Administration
- Network Security
- IT Staffing & Training
- Solutions Engineering
- Vendor Management
- Contract Negotiations
- Systems Integration
- Help Desk Services
- End-User Support
- Disaster Recovery
- Storage Management
- Electronic Data Interchange, EDI
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library, ITIL
- OSI Model
Operating Systems: WFW 3.11, Windows 95 - 10, Windows NT, Windows Server versions 2003 - 2012, DOS, OS/2, NOVELL 3.11, Android, Mac
Hardware: PC, Mac, IBM 30XX, IBM 40XX, VAX, MicroData, Cisco, Sonic Wall, Watchguard, Avaya
Software: ADP Payroll, Sage PFW, MS Office, MS Exchange, MS Publisher, MS Proxy, MS IIS, MS SQL Server, Sharepoint, Trading Partner PC, Btrade, MS Dynamics NAV, CLEO/Lexicom, Jet Reports, Crystal Reports
Languages: IDEAL, COBOL, COBOL II, JES 370/390, Visual Basic
Confidential, Ft. Worth, TX
Director of Information Technology
- Lead an IT team across 4 multistate campuses supporting 500+ retail locations and 1,000+ end users and manage an annual budget of $1.5 Million.
- Ensure appropriate staff, vendors, infrastructure, and management systems are in place to enable secure and available systems and services.
- Implement new technology solutions or increase utilization of current technology to improve efficiency, productivity, and service in a cost-efficient manner.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary action.
- Analyze and recommend critical build/buy decisions, identify necessary upgrades, and manage critical vendor relationships and contract negotiations.
- Prepare and track annual budget to ensure funding supports service needs.
- Monitor field operations for connectivity to servers to ensure accurate reporting.
- Mentor help desk team to increase productivity; monitor workstation downtimes.
- Provide guidance on stabilizing/improving performance of SQL-based web tools.
- Company has maintained consistent 10% growth annually during tenure and attained historic annual revenue numbers.
- Designed,planned, and directed a project to separate HLT from its sister company: set up new infrastructure (network and phone system), designed a new data center, managed vendors during new building construction, and led IT staff in move to the new building.
- Identified and corrected a software licensing compliance issue through in-depth analysis of daily business operations.
- Improved IT processes and response times to provide a more effective customer experience.
- Implemented a successful Microsoft Dynamics Navision package install/upgrade.
- Successfully transitioned call center from PA to TX and implemented new call center tracking system (Enghouse).
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Director of Information Technology
- Provided EDI and system consulting to 50+ Fortune 500 manufacturers and U.S. military retailers.
- Ensured IT team provided world-class end-user desktop support and problem resolution for Windows-based systems using Windows 7 Professional, MS Office 97-2013, and various software packages.
- Managed development, implementation, and administration of mixed Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012-based LAN.
- Oversaw and directed departmental procurement, budgeting, and staffing.
- Conducted vendor selection, contract negotiation, and evaluations.
- Analyzed daily business operations for standards compliance.
- Managed EDI/MIS teams for system development and standards.
- Served as EDI Coordinator; developed corporate EDI standards, documentation, and strategy.
- Negotiated shipping rates, provided product shipping schedules, and oversaw warehouse shipping and receiving.
- Maintained system integrity with data entry team management.
- Instrumental in increasing company revenue by 50% the first 7 years of tenure.
- Developed a worldwide Inventory Tracking System to generate future reorders.
- Designed an Hourly Payroll System to interface with ADP that tracks 350+ employees.
- Implemented successful PFW ERP package conversion/upgrades.