Project Leader, Solutions Architect, BI / ETL / Data Warehouse Architect Developer
- Worked on building Data Warehouse from scratch to implementation - --gathering end user requirements, documentation, coding, unit testing, system testing, agile, system testing, UAT to Production.
- Participated in the prioritization and scoping of releases in partnership with member of the Project Management Leadership team.
- Estimated development efforts and schedule for enhancement request.
- Ensured team and associated applications adhere to architecture standards, membership and licensing guidelines and data management policies.
- 20 years of I.T. experience in back end applications Microsoft SSIS, SSRS, SSIS
- Worked on SSAS tabular, DAX scripting .
- Worked on Tableau 9.1, worksheets, visualization, dashboards, story, map and Tableau Administration.
- Working knowledge of Big Data, Hadoop,Spark, MongoDB, NoSQL, Map Reduce, HFDS, Hive, Hbase, Java objects .
- Worked on Agile, scrum environment .
- Coded C# on WPF, WCF, .net
- Performed extensive data migration from legacy (mainframe) to RDBMS, DB2 to SQL SERVER, DB2 to ORACLE.
- Worked on Embarcadero Data Architect for data modeling.
- Recently specializing in SSAS tabular model & DAX scripting .
- Strong understanding of application and data architecture, application integration, data integration, and distributed processing.
- Experienced in ETL tools such as IBM InfoSphere DataStage, Informatica, SSIS .
- Experienced in Gathering end users requirements and putting them into functional, technical specification & mapping docs .
- Experienced in BI Reporting MicroStrategy, Cognos, SSRS and TABLEAU 9.1.
- Ability to communicate and work across multiple areas within IT, including: Business Architects, Business Analysts, infrastructure technical analysts, enterprise shared application services Analysts, Management.
- Ability to articulate options from a business as well as from a technical and process perspective
- 12 years of experience in data warehousing (star & snowflake schema, Denormalized) & OLTP
- Experience in Team Lead/Project Management creating timelines, monitoring the tasks
- Experience in normalized and dimensional modeling & cube development, CA-Erwin & SSAS.
- Unix, mainframe & windows experience - korn shell scripting & C++, perl in unix, JCL in mainframe, c# scripting.
- Experienced in SQL Server, Oracle, UDB DB2 different versions .
- Worked on Tableau & PowerBI creating analytics reports, visualizations, dashboards, stories .
- Excel PowerPivot, PowerQuery, PowerViewer, DAX.
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, prompts, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters etc., in Tableau & PowerBI.
- Experience in creating different visualizations using Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles,Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables in Tableau.
- Expertise in Pareto charting, advanced calculations, work with demographic and geographic fields.
- Ability to resolve SQL Server connectivity and security issues
- Experienced in SQL Server disaster recovery, log shipping, mirroring, and backup and recovery
- Review Testing Plans & conducted regression analysis to resolve data problems with developers.
- Understand Project needs / issues and tackle them with stakeholder to resolve issues .
ETL/BI Architect Project Lead
- Designed ETL InfoSphere DataStage to transform data to be consumed by Tableau.
- Developed complex Postgress SQL to handle complex logic algorithim for slicing data in Tableau.
- Worked on SalesForce Sales Booking & NetSuite COGS for Tableau dashboards
- Designed Tableau dashboards
- Worked on production support for ETL DataStage job .
- Gathered users requirements and Analyzed the data with Finance team.
- Profiled the data and recommend solutions .
- Worked closely with Finance team to successfully deliver the Phase 1 of Business Trends dashboards.
- Worked on Postgress database and Json files.
- Developed with 30 metrics & 50 dimensions with complicated logic and transformations to successfully deliver the finance data for Business Trends Dashboards.
- Worked on SalesForce Product, Sales Bookings, List Price, margins, deals, sales opportunities, ASP (average selling price) .
- Created Timelines, project tasks for the team .
- Coordinated issues and challenges between the Finance Dept & I.T. team.
- Worked on Pentaho data integration .
- Worked on Kettle ETL Pentaho .
BI Architect / Data architect
- Designed & Architected data governance rules for MDM such as policy monitoring & enforcement, data stewardships, data models and dictionaries.
- Worked on AWS S3, RedShift, Vertica & Hive.
- Developed and break down tasks & timeline for our DAGR Projects for our scrum meetings .
- Conducted and lead daily scrum meeting for our agile tasks in TFS .
- Worked on allowing Tableau visualization reports in .net web page and interact via the java script API.
- Worked on allowing the .net client request reports from Tableau server in static format such as png, pdf, csv using HTTP.
- Worked on Tableau server with IIS port authentication.
- Worked to Configure dashboard subscriptions and alerts on Tableau.
- Extract data from different databases such as MySQL, Oracle, Essbase metrics, SQL Server.
- Perform fine tuning & optimization on MySQL, Sql Server, Oracles database and ETL applications
- Designed performance / Sales reports on Tableau .
- Worked with Business Analysts to collect & design the calculation formula for various performance / sales metrics.
- Coded C# for API, .net, WPF
- Designed Tableau reports for performance metrics, product sales, sales performance & opportunities.
- Worked on AWS ; setting up Hive scripts
- Coordinated and follow up with Operations to develop components and infrastructure such as shared folders, permissions & third party vendors.
- Met with vendors to assess softwares, hardware needs, prices and benchmark them against industry standards .
- Coordinated & follow up issues/permissions/securities with manager/directors at other subsidiaries companies.
- Helped the Product Director setting up stories/tasks in our scrum meetings .
- Worked with data modelers to design Vertica database .
- Worked on SQL Server DBA of UAT databases such as partitioning, compression, designing indexes, running profiler, backup & recovery, log shipping, database mirroring, creating sql agents jobs and designing dependencies of sql agents .
- Designed a SSIS interface from source to sql server data warehouse to Vertica Big Data database.
- Worked on the development of Dashboard reports for the Key Performance Indicators for the top management using Tableau & PowerBI .
- Worked on partitioning with very large tables in SQL Server & Vertica databases.
- Pivoting data in Excel from SQL Server database / Tabular Cube.
- Expert in resolving database performance issues, including blocking and deadlocking
- Strong understanding of SQL Server indexes, index management, integrity checks and statistics
- Experienced writing T-SQL, PL-SQL stored procedures and knowledge of database design best practices
- Experienced in SQL performance tuning and query optimization
- Experience creating and implementing SSIS packages
- Excellent analytical and problem solving using Tableau and SQL debugging skills.
- Experience in data modeling with high proficiency in using ER-Embarcadero for Dimensional Modeling (Star and Snowflake schemas).
- Strong understanding of Data warehouse concepts, ETL, Star Schema, Snowflake, data modeling experience using Normalization, Business Process Analysis, Reengineering, Dimensional Data modeling, fact and dimensions tables,physical and logical data modeling.
- Experienced in developing rich Interactive reports and dashboards integrating various reporting components from multiple sources.
- Team player and self-starter with good communication skills and ability to work independently and as a part of the team.
- Excellent multitasking capability, efficiently plan and prioritize projects with strong technical and business management
- Worked on Big Data migration from PDW to Big Data using Hadoop, Spark,MapReduce, MongoDB, Prometheus, Vertica, Hive, AWS.
- Copy data into Vertica & develop Hive scripts to query data .
- Worked on SSAS tabular cube, DAX scripting, power pivoting, data modeling, extraction & partitioning of data from Data Warehouse into SSAS tabular cube.
- Designed & improved the capturing of metadata audit statistics into audit tables.
- Worked on Tableau installation & administration, setting up users, configuring Tableau servers.
- Blended data on Tableau from Hadoop, SQL Server 2014 EDW, Oracle.
- Created API using Python & Java.
- Used Simba driver for big data reporting
- Transformed business needs & requirements into design and implementations of intuitive informations dashboards & visualizations using Tableau software.
- Worked and designed visual analytics, dashboards & stories, mapping and images, calculations, statistics, charting, filtering & measures.
- Developed BI and data warehouse design patterns, designs, standards,and templeates. project reports, documentations and deliverables.
- Defined and implement BI management procedures.
- Document systems through object models, data definitions and naming conventions.
- Analyzed users needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design with time and costs constraints.
- Coordinate Tableau reporting installation and monitor visualization report functioning to ensure reporting requirement/visualization/blending are met.
- Manipulated and analyzed complex, high volume, high-dimensionality data from various sources such as relational and Hadoop Big Data .
- Ability to research and troubleshoot technical problems with developers
- Created high level overview documentation for developers
EDW ETL /BI Architect, Team Lead
Environment: IBM InfoSphere DataStage, Informatica, Java, J2EE, JSP/Servlets, Cognos 10.2, MS Dynamics CRM 2013, MySQL,SSAS,MDX, SSIS, Excel Power Viewer & Query, Power Pivot, DAX scripting,Tableau 9.1
- Successfully implemented Phase 1 & 2 of Enterprise Data Warehouse from scratch.
- Worked on Tableau development & administration (Connecting to Data, Visual Analytics, Dashboards & Stories, Mapping and Images, Calculations and Statistics, Advanced chart Types,Filtering & Measures, Tableau Server, Tableau Administration such as Installing and Configuring Tableau Server,
- Scheduling and Subscriptions, Authorization and Permissions, Data Security, Filtering users,
- Created Tableau scorecards & dashboards analytical visualization reports.
- Coded PL-SQL in Financial applications
- Role included people management responsibilities for the team.
- Worked on Informatica Metadata & Analytics to collect metadata for auditing and performance analytics thru dashboard / scorecards.
- Established and maintained an enterprise business intelligence architecture roadmap covering transactional, sales, and operational data.
- Served as a driver on all matters of the DW platform architecture to both business and IT staff in all phases of data development, implementation and support.
- Provided strategic thinking, solutions and roadmaps while driving architectural recommendations.
- Adopted and communicated new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technology assistance.
- Performed performance tuning on Oracle, SQL Server (T-SQL, PL-SQL) .
- Designed and implemented data governance rules based on data profiling.
- Coded SSIS jobs, T-SQL, designed the SSIS Configuration & Deployment, Scheduled them in SQL Agent.
- Guided and coached ETL team in the design of the ETL infrastructure .
- Performed DBA functions such as full logging, differential logging, designing indexes, DDL of database, replication.
- Gathered user’s requirements to identify attributes needed
- Coded SSIS jobs, T-SQL from claims processing systems to Enterprise data warehouse
- Coded DAX scripts for SSAS tabular model .
- Worked on Hadoop big data, HFDS, Spark, Map Reduce, Hbase on unstructured data project
- Designed SSAS tabular model.
- Deep experience with Excel for BI (data connections with custom SQL, SSAS Databases, Pivot Tables, Etc.)
- Create Tableau Calculations (Table Calculations, Hide Columns, Creating/Using Parameter, Totals) and Formatting (Annotations, Layout Containers, Mark Labels, Rich Text Formatting, Shared Encoding) using Tableau Desktop.
- Good knowledge on reports performance improvement in tableau using extracts and context filters
- Migrated legacy data warehouse sitting in UDB DB2 to SQL SERVER 2012.
- Performed some data modeling on ER studio creating logical models for its OLTP/OLAP databases.
- Worked and supported the legacy Data Warehouse DB2, Informatica.
- Performed SQL SERVER DBA such as database replication, backup and restore, performance tuning and scalability, MS SQL Server instance and database set up, capacity planning, database maintenance, troubleshooting system issues, and performance monitoring.
- Coded C# for WPF, WCF, .net requirements.
- Worked on sales/sales opportunities scorecards & dashboards.
- Worked on the design SSAS views.
- Worked on the dimensional modeling of star & snowflake schema.
- Worked on SSAS hierarchies & aligning the attributes.
- Architected and Managed the EDW & ETL BI Team .
- Worked on SSAS tabular, DAX scripting .
- Worked on SSAS 2012 - tabular and multidimensional view
- Worked Power Pivot, Power Query & Power View
- Develop SSAS cubes of high complexity to fulfill all the business requirements and high level design.
- Coded DAX for tabular model SSAS cube.
- Used Power View, Power Query, Self Service BI, Power Pivot
- Developed hierarchies, align element, design the KPI in the SSAS Cube.
- MDX scripting for KPI.
- Worked on the design the SSAS view .
- Aligned hierarchies & attributes in SSAS .
- Unit Test SSAS cubes based on agile/scrum process.
- Worked on architecture & design of ETL IBM InfoSphere DataStage ETL applications
- Worked on gathering business user’s requirements .
- Worked on IBM InfoSphere FastTrack, Information Analyzer, IBM InfoSphere Administration, Metadata Workbench, Information Server Web Service job & deployment to develop the data lineage.
- Worked as an Architect/Project Lead of ETL EDW .
ETL/BI Architect Team Lead
Environment: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, PeopleSoft, Informatica, IDQ, Unix AIX, Oracle 11G,SQL SERVER 2012, SSIS,SSRS, SSAS, Oracle PL-SQL, MicroStrategy, ring, Hibernate, JBoss, Apache, Jetty, Java, MySQL, Tableau, Excel PowerPivot DAX
- Worked on Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 integrating Leads, defining roles for each lead, workflow
- Worked on the data integration of Confidential Personnel with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Create and maintain BRD, technical design documentation, functional specification .
- Coordination in Wireless Devices and Outlook Microsoft Dynamics CRM Laptop Client
- Worked on Tableau reports such as visualization, stories, dashboards, maps, calculations, filters, Statistics, Chart Types. Support Tableau delivery and deployment of defined technical solutions..
- Imported data into Excel for PowerPivot using functions such as calculation, filter, All, RankN and performed row context & filter context.
- Communicate accurate and timely project status, issues, risks and scope changes to the Tech Lead
- Worked on SSRS creating drill down/rollups reports .
- Coached the ETL team in the design of the ETL applications.
- Implemented data governance rules.
- Coded Informatica to extract data to PeopleSoft .
- Coded complex Oracle PL-SQL ; Worked on PL-SQL & DataStage jobs .
- Developed some reports on MicroStrategy.
- Extracted data from MySQL databases
- Developed some web service programs using Java .
- Interfaced with end users on what format & attributes needed for SSRS reports
- Worked on Informatica to ETL from Oracle to SQL SERVER .
- Worked on IDQ for data cleansing .
- Worked on Mapping document ; Interfaced with BA & Data Modeler on mapping & business rules.
- Developed the Staging Area . Proposed logical models & implemented physical data models.
- Interfaced with management meeting to discuss/strategize to prepare project timeline .
- Gather new business requirements.
- Worked on architecture of the ETL interfaces such as Data Audit & Quality, Error Processing, Control Tables, Notification .
Data Warehouse Architect /Microsoft CRM Developer
Environment: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, IBM InfoSphere DataStage 8.5, SSIS,C# WCF/WPF,MDX, .net, DB2,T-SQL, Java,SSRS,SSAS OLAP,BizTalk,Cube Design, Architecture and Design, Ascential DataStage, C++, Oracle 10g, Autosys, PL-SQL, Unix Shell Scripts, ring, Hibernate, JBoss, Apache, Jetty, Java, Java EE, Excel PowerPivot, DAX
- Performed Excel PowerPivot and used Power functions such as Calculations, Filter, values, user relationship, all and context relationship .ranking, LoopValues
- Worked on SSIS & IBM DataStage technologies & BI data warehouse (IBM InfoSphere DataStage 8.5, sql server SSIS, Cognos, sql server SSAS)
- Coded complex PL-SQL & T-SQL
- Coded unix shell script.
- Interfaced with management meeting to discuss/strategize/troubleshoot critical job aborts that affect productions.
- Gather new wireless business requirements.
- Worked on DB2 & Oracle databases.
- IBM DataStage administration
- SQL SERVER 2008 R2 DBA backup & recovery, managing indexes, partitioning tables into different ranges tablespaces .
- Cube development, Dimensional data modeling, KPI, MDX modifications
- Developed technical documentation specifications.
- Develop, document, maintain, and support SSIS based ETL and T-SQL code.
- Work with clients to install and configure basic SQL Server setups.
- Experience in creating Cognos Calculations, Draws, Data Stores, Presenter Reports, Web forms and Tailored Reports
- Map client databases to our proprietary dimensional datawarehouse.
- Define and implement modeling strategy for the project.
- Conduct daily code, design and process reviews, including code sampling design reviews, code profiling, unit test reviews and process adherence for source code control and builds.
- Identify data sources and conceptualize flow of information within and among systems.
Environment: Microsoft Dynamics 2011, SSIS,XML,C# WCF/WPF,MDX, .net, DB2,T-SQL, Java,SSRS,SSAS OLAP,BizTalk,Cube Design, Architecture and Design, IBM InfoSphere DataStage, C++, Oracle 10g, Autosys, PL-SQL, Teradata, IBM InfoSphere DataStage, Java, J2EE, JSP/Servlets
- Loaded the customer data into the Microsoft CRM 2011 .
- Created Teams and Roles within the Microsoft Dyanamics CRM .
- Managed Microsoft CRM 2011 dashboards, security, roles, teams, leads.
- Participated in the design and development of integration development platform for ETL technologies & BI data warehouse (IBM InfoSphere DataStage 8.5,Informatica 9x, sql server SSIS, Cognos, sql server SSAS) .
- Prepared mapping for DataStage ETL jobs.
- Prepared jobs for workflow, run the jobs & monitor for unit testing & system testing.
- Developed DataStage ETL jobs, unit tested, prepared test scripts, prepared jobs for system testing/UAT such test scripts .
- Creation of complex parallel load and dependency creation using work flows, data modeling and data mapping design experience.
- Experience in PL-SQL and conversion into IBM InfoSphere DataStage
- Experience in PL/SQL and conversion of PL/SQL into IBM InfoSphere DataStage .
- Gathered the end users requirements and developed functional specs and technical for Microsoft CRM 2011.
- Designed the various CRM entitites .
- Worked and designed the various CRM workflows .
- Worked on Teradata, Oracle, SQL SERVER databases
- Worked on MicroSrategy
ETL Architect Project Lead
Environment: SSIS,C# WCF/WPF,MDX, .net, DB2,T-SQL, Java,SSRS,SSAS OLAP,BizTalk,Cube Design, Architecture and Design, IBM InfoSphere DataStage, C++, Oracle 10g, Autosys, PL-SQL, SSAS
- Denormalized data attributes and design star/snowflake for SSAS cube development.
- Worked on developing the SSAS views, creating hierarchies, aligning the attributes
- Developed SQL/MDX queries against the relevant data sources.
- Extracted KBS application (Oracle), BTP application (DB2) into SQL SERVER data warehouse.
- Worked on XML, DTD, Web Service .
- Convert XML into text string & populated into SQL SERVER using C# & T-SQL procedure.
- Java J2EE development (JBoss, WebSphere, Tomcat)
- Strong ability to leverage business processes and logic in place and define new processes to streamline data modeling/backend application .
- Work with business users, understand their needs for information, work with them directly on solutions
- Worked with a group of stakeholders to improve the existing data models.
Confidential, Farmington, CT
ETL Architect Team Lead/Developer
Environment: SSIS,SSAS,SSRS,SQL SERVER 2008,DB2, BizTalk, EDW, Kalido, MDX,C# WCF/WPF, .net, Unix, c++, Perl scripting, Oracle 10g, Autosys, Cognos 8, Informatica 8x & 9x
- Worked on Power Center and Power Exchange development experience using 8.x or 9.x versions.
- Running and monitoring ETL using Informatica Workflow Monitor.
- Strategized with Leads/Architects on the design process and implementation
- SSAS cube development .
- Work with project teams and other architects to integrate project level data into the enterprise conceptual and logical data models.
- Design scorecards & dashboards in Cognos ver. 8
- Lead or Participate in the definition of any data model best practice, including patterns, governance and compliance through Target development lifecycle.
- Design hierarchies, attribute relationship, design & codes calculation, modifies KPI .
- Prepared the DSV in SSAS.
- Planning and estimates the efforts and time for development..
- Extracted Claims (DB2) into EDW .
- Coded Oracle PL-SQL & SQL SERVER T-SQL.
- Prepare batch jobs in Autosys scheduler.
- Indexing, analyze the indexing need by a table and apply it.
- Design cubes partition based on Date ranges.
- Design attributes relationship in cube SSAS.
- Design & coded calculations of measures, KPI.
- Create partitioned and indexed view.
- Backup and Recovery of database
- Partitioned Tables
- Meetings with stakeholders on proposed and existing data warehouse/ETL architecture.
- Experience producing logical and physical data models in partnership with business.
- Lead and mentor a team of developers.
- Developed reports on SSRS.
Confidential, New Jersey
ETL Architect Project Leader
- Gathered data requirement through a variety of techniques such as workshops stakeholders interviews and translating them into technical solutions.
- Coded Oracle PL-SQL and Stored Procedures
- C# Development WinForms WCF/WPF
- Gather end-users requirements for their performance analysis reports to be viewed by CFO,
- Developed dashboards / scorecards reports .
- Web Development using C# on .NET .
- Designed the ETL SSIS architecture such as common metadata tables, CDC logic process,SCD Type 1 & 2 loading process using SSIS.
- Designed DSV on SSAS
- Architected SSIS/T-SQL components such as control table, delta processing, error processing, auditing.
- Developed report on Pro-Clarity
- Assisted in the cube development on SSAS
- Prepared and Designed the SSIS architecture
- Assisted the BI Architect in user requirements gathering and analysis
- Planning and estimates the efforts and time for development..
ETL Datawarehouse Architect Team Lead/Developer
Environment: Siperion, MDM, AIX, Ascential DataStage, Oracle, SQL SERVER 2005, SSAS, SSIS, JSP, JAVA II,C++,SAS
- Coded Ascential DataStage jobs server edition.
- Coded Unix shell script for streaming data system and to manage the schedules of ETL applications..
- Developed Oracle Stored Procedures
- Developed Ascential DataStage jobs
- Coded SAS to generate statistical reports .
- With knowledge in database design, assisted in the data modeling.
- Helped in the design of logical and physical models of DW.
- Developed JAVA program to handle the encryption of passwords.
- Developed C++ programs to manage complex algorithims and processing to support ETL and their schedules.
- Build OLAP cubes in SSAS
- Developed DataStage jobs and mentor team members.
Confidential, Middleton, CT
ETL Architect Team Lead/Developer
Environment: UDB DB2, UNIX AIX, Ascential DataStage 8, PL-SQL, ORACLE 10g
- Met with BA/IA’s to discuss mapping documents and data models.
- Coded and Develop Enterprise Edition Ascential DataStage jobs.
- Coded C++ /Unix shell script for streaming data system.
- Developed Ascential DataStage jobs.
- Developed PL-SQL Stored Procedures called from unix script and eventually from DataStage .
- Developed PL-SQL Triggers;Run SQL Loader.
- Developed and Run PL-SQL PACKAGES.
- SQL tuning processes including explain plan, and autotrace. strong knowledge in database design, development and surrounding technologies in large data environments
- Helped in the design of logical and physical models of ADW (Atomic Data Warehouse).
- Prepare technical specifications and mapping documents.
- Coded unix shell scripts/wrappers to schedule/run ETL jobs.
- Built ETL jobs (Ascential Enterprise Edition,PX).
- Design and created document for naming convention and best practices.
- Assisted in the design of ETL architecture/infrastructure such as metadata management, parameters, audit, error processing, restart and recovery.
- Build Design Load Document
- Modified the measures, dimensions, hierarchies, attributes and measures groups in SSAS.
- Coded C++ for Buildop stage.
- Helped in the design of metadata tables to drive the scheduling, auditing and running of jobs..