Project Business Analysis Consultant/Technical Lead with 10+ years of experience in Requirement Analysis & Management, Business Process Mapping, Business Case Development, Functional Consulting, Solution Architecture and Stakeholder Management with experience of multiple end to end project implementations for various Health Care and Payer Systems. Accomplished and fluent communicator with strong investigation, problem - solving and decision-making skills, combined with a pragmatic approach and sound business acumen.
- 10+ years of IT and Management experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in collecting, collating and carrying out complex data analysis in support of management & customer requirements.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal & written, with particular emphasis on the production of clear & detailed written Test Plans, Business Requirements, & Functional Specifications.
- Leveraged developer background to communicate effectively with software design team, business analysts, quickly gaining their respect and becoming a valued, “go-to” team member on challenging data analysis.
- Works closely and effectively with all levels of management to satisfy project/productivity requirements and demonstrates commitment to leadership/teamwork through positive contributions in streamlining systems and providing superior customer service.
- Exemplified strong task planning and tracking capabilities; strong diagnostic, analytic, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Aptitude for analyzing/identifying data problems and creating solutions/ documentation/ Reports/ Visio diagrams/ Power Point Presentations for Business Requirements.
- Strong experience in working with data using various data analysis tools such as MS Excel, SQL, and MS Access.
- Experienced in interviewing business users and customers, providing recommendations to resolve issues for various business/technical groups and defining strategic solutions to business problems in a multiple project environment.
- Experience in writing SQL queries for data analysis and data mining of complex data problems, causes and impacts to the system.
- Experience in developing and executing Test Plans and Test Cases as per the business process requirements to match th e functional requirements.
- Strong Experience in working with Medicare Enrollments/Provider/Membership/Claims Data.
- Experience with claims analysis in EDI transactions like EDI 835(Health Care Claim Payment/Advice), 837 (Health Care Claims), 834 (Benefit Enrollment), ICD9, CPT and NDC Codes.
- Worked on healthcare standards such as HIPPA 4010, 5010, CPT and ICD-9.
- Experience in business process consulting/re-engineering/AS IS - TO BE analysis, Gap analysis, Risk analysis
- Experience in working in onshore-offshore model and teams located across different geographical locations.
- Strong domain knowledge in Health Care Payer Systems.
- Played additional roles such as Solutions Architect, Testing/Technical Lead, and Subject Matter Expert.
- Processes Functional Requirements.
- Test Plans & Mapping Documentation
- Traceability Matrixes
- Data Interface
- Business Object XI
- MS Office
- ETL - Datastage
- SQL Server
Languages: DB2, SQL, PL/I, COBOL, JCL, IMS DB
Operating Systems: Windows 98,2000,XP, Win7
Data Base: Microsoft Access, SQL Server DB, Oracle DB, Sybase
Tools: HP Quality Centre 9.2 and 11.0, TRIPS, FILEAID and Visio 2000/2003, Info view for Business Object XI, Datastage Director, Sybase Central, SQLDBX, Araxis Merge, SQL Server Management Studio, Librarian, SPUFI, QMF
Business Applications: Fairfax, Macess, Microsoft Office Suite- MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Visio, EAM - Medicare Enrollments, MS Project plan, Agile, ETL, BO Reporting, MS Access, HIPAA 5010, ICD-10, 837 Transactions, Healthcare, Membership Enrollments, Facets/LRSP Adjudication System, Lotus Notes, HPQC.
Project Business Analysis/Technical Lead Consultant
- Conducts analysis of healthcare data of a moderate to complex level from various sources.
- Reviews and evaluates programs and processes to determine effectiveness at meeting business objectives.
- Utilizes computer applications and systems to produce meaningful reports and provide actionable analysis with recommendations to internal and external clients.
- Facilitates cross functional groups in the development of business requirements of simple to complex scope in support of the Business services.
- Maps complex business processes across multiple business functions.
- Presents analytical findings and recommendations to leaders and associates via written and oral presentations and reports.
- Operationalize and implement strategies in alignment with the organization's vision including identifying; creating opportunities to streamline system performance or business processes and/or approaches to improve performance.
- Partners with IT or business unit to develop, test and implement new or upgraded software solutions.
- Resolves complex problems and issues independently, infrequently referring to leader for direction.
- Manages and completes multiple projects with competing priorities and aggressive deadlines.
- Performs analytical and policy interpretation, independent problem solving and resolution.
Senior Business/Business System Analyst/Solutions Architect
- Developing detailed data mapping documents, system documentation and creating Power Point Presentations for Business meetings.
- Using Datastage/Business Object XI to extract, transform & load source data from transaction systems.
- Liaising with end-users and 3rd party suppliers.
- Manipulating, cleansing & processing data using Excel, Access and SQL.
- Attention to detail & ability to work in a pressurized time sensitive environment.
- Experience in running complex and high volume ETL processes, strong experience in understanding the Data Modeling the ETL Designs.
- Working on analyzing the data from SQL and Oracle Databases.
- Creating complex SQL queries and analyzing basic ETL Maps used to modify data in the warehouse.
- Creating Reports from MS Access Database by linking it with SQL and Netezza Tables by writing complex SQL queries and presenting the data to customers which helps them calculating the revenue generated from claims and enrollments.
- Developing and executing Test Plans/Traceability Matrixes/Reports to ensure the correctness and completeness of Data Transformation to meet desired Business Objective.
- Interacted with Report Users to understand and document the Data Requirements and translate these to Technical Specifications for Designing Universes and Business Object Reports.
- Conducted formal and informal product design reviews throughout the software development lifecycle to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and potential issues from data related issues.
- Demonstrated strong skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio including formatting and layout designs.
- Implemented traceability of Business Requirements, Test Plans, and Test Cases. Create very detailed Test Cases that are Technical in nature and will ensure Data accuracy upon execution.
- Giving Knowledge Transfer Sessions to the Production Support Teams to help them understand the Project Requirements and changes associated with an implementation for their better understanding to facilitate the Post Production Support Model.
- Work on testing methodologies, viz. Functional, Regression, Integration, System, Security, Initialization, Usability, Database, Smoke/Sanity, End to End and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Performed back-end testing using SQL queries, and generating reports to ensure Data Integrity and validate business rules
- Performed UAT testing under supervision to make sure that application meets the requirements.
- Constructed reusable SQL queries for Back End testing and Executed test cases to find defects and tracked the defects in HP Quality Center
- Working on testing ETL Mapping, analyzing the results of Business Object Reports in comparison to the values in the database, and validating values in the user interface used to maintain data values.
Tools: HP Quality Center, FILEAID, File Manager, SPUFI, QMF and
System Analyst, Support and QA Analyst
- Designed and coded scripts using IMS DB to enable initial separation, recovery, data cleanup, data validation and monitoring the jobs for the Data that was required to be migrated from Ford Servers to Tata Servers.
- Created and maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) between the requirements and other products such as design documents and test plans.
- Understood the Business Logic, User Requirements and test-objectives to develop Test plans, Test cases.
- Completed data analysis and provided business solutions.
- Worked with client to build JLR Application standards and Methodologies and Technical Specs.
- Participated in the logical and physical design sessions and developed design documents.
- Assisted in developing test scenarios, test scripts and test data to support unit and system integration testing.
- Identifying the Security Risks in the application that being built and address them in the requirement document to avoid the security breaches.