- DWH professional with 12 years of experience in Information technology having worked in design, development, testing, enhancement, production support and maintenance of Data Warehouse applications using IBM Infosphere Data Stage (IBM DataStage v11.3/9.X/8.X/7.X)
- Hands on experience in developing ETL process, ETL architecture design, debugging and performance tuning of datastage jobs,designing ETL frameworks and solutions for Enterprise Data warehouses that can be extended and reused for future requirements.
- Created ETL Guidelines document which involves coding standards, Naming conventions for Development and troubleshooting of DataStage jobs.
- Extensive experience in implementing Data Migration strategies.
- Strong Experience in Quality Assurance using various environments like System integration testing, Process scenario testing, User acceptance testing and Operation readiness testing.
- Expert in different data integration strategies so that business user will retrieve source data from a data warehouse or business intelligence dashboard with less efforts and data latency.
- Expert in project migrations across different DB and OS environments and Development to QA, QA to UAT, UAT to Production environments.
- Worked in the different OS environments like Unix IBM AIX, SUN Solaris, Linux, and WINDOWS with good OS command and Shell script knowledge.
- Experience with BI tools like Cognos and Microstratergy.
- Strong database skills with Oracle and DB2.
- Expert in scheduling the batch jobs using tools Autosys, Control - M, Tivoli 1.3, Crontab (Unix).
- Experience in performing the Datastage administration tasks.
- Consolidating inputs from developers and collectively provide inputs on activities/ tasks, task level estimates, schedule, dependencies, risks, testing strategy, configuration, deployment, hardware/software requirement etc. and providing inputs on project methodology to senior stakeholders (Project Manager / Architects etc.).
- Developed ETL technical specifications and recommend, design, develop, test, implement, and support innovative and optimal data solutions.
- Supervises developers and assigns project staff. Estimates staff resource needs for developers, user personnel, consultants, and equipment. Plans team member work assignments and schedules, and guides and monitors work performance.
- Ability to adapt and learn, Conceptual thinker, results oriented, creative, thorough, initiative, technical, analytic/systematic thinking, great problem-solving skills, able to identify and justify the optimum solution.
- Good experience in building reusable frameworks across Data Conversion, Data Migration, Data Integration, Data Warehousing and BI projects with good planning, estimations record.
- Trained in Python, Big Data Hadoop,HDFS,PIG and HIVE
Operating System: Linux, Unix and Windows
ETL Tools: IBM InfoSphere Information Server DataStage 11.3/9.1/8.x/7.5
BI Tools: Cognos and Microstratergy
Databases: Oracle, DB2,Microsoft SQL server
Scheduling Tool: Autosys, Control-M,Tivoli 1.3, Crontab (Unix)
Other Tools: SQL*Plus PL/SQL Developer, TOAD,AQT, Data modeling / Database design (logical / physical) using Erwin 3.5
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
Architect/Data Integration- ETL specialist
Technology Solution: Datastage 11.3, Oracle, Unix, Cognos,Control-M
- Along with the Business Analyst, gather requirements (functional and nonfunctional) from customer and Analyze requirements for feasibility with regards to testing and implementation.
- Provide inputs for requirements prioritization and Participate in client status and release plans.
- Support Project Manager in creating a status report of monthly completed and upcoming deliverables.
- Provide inputs in designing end to end solution from a technical perspective.
- Create code development checklist.
- Provide inputs to data modeling based on the project understanding.
- Walkthrough the design along with PM to the customer and coordinate to seek signoff of user.
- Define the Development framework, reusable templates based on the organization repository
- ETL code development and Review final codes written by developers on adherence to standards/functionality and approve for testing.
- Provide inputs to testing strategy / approach at a high level.
- Review test cases written by team.
- Monitor defects raised and closed.
- Conduct root cause analysis to avoid repetition of defects.
- Follow up with team assigned for rework on code defects and close the same.
- Create ETL using different transformations to meet requirement specification with DataStage.
Confidential, Providence, RI
Sr. ETL consultant
Technology Solution: Datastage 9.1/11.3, SQL server,DB2,Oracle 11g, Cognos 8,Autosys, Linux
- Involved in cycle including requirement analysis, design, development and implementation of the system.
- Leads design and implementation reviews of data strategy methods and activities related to implementation
- Responsible for the delivery of all ETL artifacts from the design to the delivery phase with ownership of design, development and testing of all data transformation, extraction and migration activities
- Integrate with External data sources including Oracle databases, SQL Server databases, XML files
- Used the Hierarchical Data stage to parse, compose, and transform XML data.
- Design technical documents on delivered functionality/code as required.
- Leading all ETL activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL.
- Fine tune jobs/process to higher performances & Debug Critical/Complex jobs
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Sr. ETL developer/Architect
Technology Solution: Datastage9.1/8.7, Oracle 11g, DB2, Cognos 8, Linux
- Created and maintained the ETL architecture and Design documents.
- Created the framework for Error Handling, Auditing and Restart ability, threshold monitoring and Alert mechanism for any failure.
- Created re-usable datastage job, script templates.
- Installed and configured information server suite.
- Prepare and schedule the ETL workflows using Autosys for Scheduling and to automate the whole process of data loading the Jobs based on the dependency.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Sr. ETL developer
Technology Solution: IBM InfosphereDatastage 8.5/8.1, DB2, Oracle11g, SQL Server management Studio, HP Quality center, Toad, Autosys, StarTeam
Technology Solution: IBM Datastage 8.1, Oracle 10g, SQL server. Windows 2010, COGNOS8 SQL Developer, UNIX, Process scheduler.