- A Senior Technology Executive with significant hands - on experience developing, architecting, and project managing large scale enterprise software in a SaaS based environment, especially associated with Cybersecurity and Financial Technology.
- Proven Executive change agent, charged with ensuring that the technology supports and scales according to a rapid growth business model while providing strategic input to evaluate and realize the benefits of new technology.
- Deep knowledge of Cybersecurity frameworks and standards such as PCI-DSS, SOC 2, Confidential 800-53, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GDPR and FedRAMP, among others. Focused on providing transparency for Cybersecurity status and messaging to all levels of management.
- Cybersecurity is a business problem not just a technology problem.
- Skilled in identifying, implementing and championing structured methodologies that encourage creativity, innovative design and practical risk-taking. Recognized for ability to successfully combine both internal and external resources based locally and overseas.
- Partners with other members of the executive team to achieve sales and drive revenue.
- Leads, develops and coaches team; with a focus on continually building technical capabilities.
- A track record of success in building out talented teams who solve complex problems within a high-growth, highly-technical, product-centric environment.
- Recognized for ability to develop applications that meet the needs of the client in competitive and challenging environments. Skilled in balancing product and service offerings with a focus on maximizing revenue and minimizing costs.
- Payment Card Industry: Merchant Bankcard, Issuing, Emerging Payments, Fraud Detection, Processing, Biometrics-Vascular Fingerprints
- Banking Core Processors: Jack Henry Silverlake, CIS 20/20, Symitar's Episys, Fiserv OSI DNA
- Security/Compliance: PCI DSS, SOC 2, FFIEC, Confidential Cybersecurity Framework, COBIT, HIPAA, FedRAMP, NY DFS, GDPR
- Database, Predictive Analytics, Data Communications, Telecommunications, Computer Forensics, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity
- Microsoft Technology Stack (.NET, C#, SQL Server, IIS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), TFS
- Security: IDS, DLP, Log Management, Cisco Routers/firewall rules, Penetration testing tools (OWASP ZAP, Nessus, Rapid 7), IBM BigFix, Vulnerability Mangement
- Analytics: SybaseIQ, MicroStrategy, LogiAnalytics, Qlik, R, Weka
- Unix/Windows Internals
- Cloud SaaS/IaaS/PaaS Infrastructure, VMware, Amazon Web Services, IBM Softlayer
- C/C++, Visual C#, Microprogramming (Intel, Motorola, AMD)
- Forensic Tools: X-Ways, Access Data FTK
- Use of offshore development for QA and engineering elasticity
- Deployment of SOA (Services Oriented Architecture) with commitment to Cloud-based solutions
- Application of advanced statistics/Predictive Analytics and Modeling for data insight
- Active hands-on project participant including all project functions: development, design, testing, and architecture
Confidential, Marlborough, MA
Head of Technology/Security Consulting
- Established a unique Cybersecurity expertise able to extrapolate compliance and standards requirements to the Confidential Cybersecurity Framework.
- Advised companies relative to Cybersecurity requirements and a solution path to realize compliance.
- Bootstrapped entire organization (operations/structure) with one co-founder.
- Established a crosswalk approach mapping Confidential 800-53 controls to compliance standards ISO 27001, HIPAA 45 CFR 164, NY DFS 23 NYCRR 500, SOC 2, FedRAMP, COBIT 5, COSO, PCI DSS 3.2
- Developed a risk management model focused on business processes rather than solely an asset driven approach.
- Introduced business analytic based dashboard to understand compliance activity and scoring, leading to an inherent gap analysis.
- Built a team onshore/offshore software engineers and professional services consultants to deliver the product and solution to customers.
Confidential, Franklin, MA
Chief Technology Officer
- Championed the Account 360 Direct product, a SaaS based solution allowing the company to develop a direct sales model instead of solely channel based. The Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) approach strategically positioned the product set for further 3rd party financial services product integration.
- Introduced advanced analytics to improve customer visualization, reporting and predictive modeling. Advanced the introduction of an ontological business framework to model credit/debit and banking operations and integrate unstructured “big data” into that model.
- Worked with Product Management to define a long term product roadmap to create an omni-channel view of modern banking operations.
- Focused on efficiency and accountability from all groups within the engineering organization (Architecture, Software Development, QA, Analytics). A major effort was the company adherence to a transparent Agile/Scrum SDLC.
- Created an offshore support model for both software development and QA leveraging cost-effective resources, creating elasticity, and complimenting onshore development.
- Established the importance of technology growth working in conjunction with organizational growth to establish a winning culture where individuals are encouraged to push beyond their comfort zones.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Chief Information and Technology Officer
- Designed and deployed an infrastructure that was key to growing the business from $10MM in 2000 to $200MM in 2003 and positioning it for an IPO with a market cap that has grown to $1B in revenue.
- Executed the technology due diligence on 10 acquisitions and integrated them into operations that currently process a charge volume of $25B annually without a material breach of security in a highly secure networked environment.
- Responsible for all technology and ecommerce applications including credit card payment gateway, shopping cart integration, merchant account settlement, on-line application processing. (Microsoft Visual Basic, Visual C++, Java, .NET)
- Coordinated internal/external resources (QSA) for the management of PCI-DSS compliance projects (5 years) supporting multiple successful PCI-DSS level 1 compliance audits for a multi-tiered network, log management, penetration testing, DLP, IDS, and firewall rules. Developed a Security Processes and Procedures Manual and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Delivered a managed support model for forensic projects in support of litigation issues and US Secret Service and FBI interaction. Performed forensic analysis of breaches to merchant payment systems.
- Architected, and project managed (Agile/Scrum) a large-scale Business Intelligence system collecting and managing disparate data from myriad settlement sources, including First Data, Global Payments, Transact, Petroleum Card Services among others. The development/production platform utilized a cloud-based platform, reporting on integrated data, historic trends, and integrating predictive analytic tools.
- Designed and project managed an integrated hybrid-cloud billing application (iBill) combining monthly billing and residual payment information and integrated data model.
- Introduced the use of offshore development while maintaining project management and client interface control.
Confidential, Waltham, MA
- Recruited as Vice President, Worldwide Professional Services to a struggling change management start-up, to create a Professional Services organization to move the business from simply technology to solutions driven.