- Experienced Sr. IT Program Manager/Director with over 17 years of experience in the development, testing and maintenance/support of IT applications in HealthCare Insurance, Media & Publishing, Life Science, and Telecommunication domains.
- Passionate about developing innovative IT solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex technology programs
- IT Program Manager at a Confidential for the Consumer Business Program with delivery and staff oversight responsibilities for a $20 million project portfolio.
- Consulting Director (Program & Engagement Management) for Confidential Health Solutions managing a global team of 30 - 60-application development/support and testing resources.
- Technical Program Manager/Engagement Manager (100 + global application development and testing resources, $8+ million portfolio per year)
- Strong Technical Design, Architecture and Problem Solving Skills -
- Led an architecture team to develop an Architecture blueprint & program implementation plan for 2 business units at Confidential Health Science with total revenue of $500 million.
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum, XP, Lean Kanban), Waterfall/SDLC, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, Perl on UNIX (Solaris)
Databases: DB/2, Oracle 9i/10G, PL/SQL
Dev Tools: Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rational Requirements Composer (RRC), Purify, JIRA/Greenhopper, Planview, Quickbase, Tableau, Makefile, WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD), Ant, Struts
- IT Project & Program Delivery
- Software Development & Maintenance
- Enterprise & Solution Architecture
- IT/Cyber Security
- Global Delivery - Offshore Outsourcing
- Strategic Account Management
- IT Advisory Services.
- Recruiting/Staffing and Talent development
Confidential, Blue Bell, PA
- IT Director/Program Manager in Global Security leading the implementation of the Privileged User Management Program and Identity & Access Management (IAM) Transformation programs.
- These multi-year programs comprises 10+ projects that seek to effectively manage & remediate the misuse of privileged access to company systems and applications.
- Privileged access is being remediated by a combination of reduction/revocation of privileged access (“Least Privilege”) and password vaulting of legitimate privileged access by leveraging Confidential ’s TPAM (PSM/PPM) product suite.
- Additionally, the IAM systems that provision, review/recertify access and monitor/alert privileged access are being revamped to support a tighter security posture for privileged access and non-person / service accounts.
- IT Delivery Lead / Release Train Engineer (RTE) for the Program Support function in the Consumer Business Program ($120+ Million project portfolio). Program followed the SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework for the Enterprise) methodology for Agile delivery. Train responsibilities included delivery of -
- Enterprise Integration Engine Development to support Consumer Business member Correspondence (ID card, SBC’s etc…)
- End To End & Performance Testing
- Data/Environment Management
- IT Delivery Lead for all IT work in the sales, quoting & rating applications for the Consumer Individual market
- Delivered $30-40 million worth of IT work for the following projects -
- Healthcare Exchange/Marketplace - Launch a private exchange solution (Guided Selling) for Consumer Individual segment
- On and Off Exchange Member Renewal - Automatically renew existing membership by mapping them into equivalent plans
- Coventry Integration - Integrate Broker Sales Portals from Coventry with Aetna systems and migrate select markets on to the Aetna platform.
- Health Care Reform (HCR) Rating & Underwriting Project - Changes to Rating & Underwriting functional areas to comply with HCR.
- Proposed & led the successful transition of Individual Market segment to Agile development (SAFe) for the Sales, Quoting, Rating & Enrollment apps.
- Crafted creative Agile governance and operating model to ease business capacity constraints.
- Drove the adoption of Agile SAFe methodology and XP practices (Continuous Deployment, Continuous Integration, TDD etc.…)
- Vendor Contract & Relationship Management -
- Crafted the Agile engagement SOW for our relationship with a key digital marketing vendor for development of online marketing portal and managed the vendor to the SOW deliverables
Confidential, Blue Bell, PA
- Crafted a new contract SOW with SLA’s to align with the client’s corporate dashboard.
- Identify relevant technical delivery metrics, ensure measurement and present periodically during monthly business review meetings with Sr. Executives at MHS.
- EPMO dashboard rollout, Continuous improvement, Offshore Best Practices Implementation (Delivery Model, development methodology - Agile).
- Key Projects included professional service implementations for 10+ health plans, meaningful use certification enhancements and R&D/core product agile development.
- Reduced Rework Effort by more than 30% resulting in annualized cost savings of more than $150,000 per team
- Increased Predictability/Productivity
- Reduced Effort Variance by more than 20%
- Lower Costs - Increased resource utilization by more than 10% resulting in annualized cost savings of more than 100,000 $ per team by adoption of Agile delivery.
- Increased Client Satisfaction - Zero major defects on professional service implementations for Health Plans (major Blues - BCBS-Mas, Wellmark etc.) following the prescribed QA methodology
- Performed the dual role of program manager and Enterprise Architect.
- Our team (3 Sr. Architects and our CIO) developed an IT Roadmap for two business units within Confidential with a combined product portfolio of more than 500 million $.
- The role required familiarity with the business models of companies in the Media & Publishing industry vertical.
- Track project progress and present status to Confidential executive management on a weekly basis
- Recommend target architecture for the next generation publishing platform and a 3 year program plan (roadmap) - with costs, time-lines & mile-stones, to migrate to the recommended architecture.
- Evaluate & recommend products for the target architecture stack. Key categories where we evaluated products
- Successfully created and obtained sign-off for ‘To-Be’ architecture stack and $40+ million roadmap/Program Plan from both Business and IT Sr. Management including the CIO/CTO in 5 weeks.
Technical Program Manager
Confidential, Dayton, Ohio
- Offshore Program/Delivery Manager with oversight for 100-150 software developers and testers including 6 Project Managers
- Manage & provide solution architecture inputs into all RFP responses and SOW.
- Identify relevant IT delivery metrics and present these periodically to Sr. Management. Take Corrective/Preventive action as needed.
- Responsible for staff alignment, staffing key positions, mentoring and performance appraisals for onsite consultants including engineers, tech leads and managers.
- Collaborate with functional and business unit managers to develop requirements, facilitate JAD sessions, develop program plans, track program, manage budget, evaluate change controls/ scope changes, report progress, set expectations and manage perception.
- Annual Cost savings of 2+ million $ by leveraging global delivery models while increasing customer satisfaction (NPS) ratings
- Successfully transitioned development teams to a Lean Kanban and Scrum Agile methodology resulting in more than 25% increase in team productivity
- Successfully executed a complex transition involving more than 50 staff positions
- Facilitated Six Sigma (minimum 2 per application area) value delivery workshops
Technical Project Manager
Confidential, Dayton, Ohio
- Manage an application development / maintenance team of 30 + global resources working in the C/C++, J2EE stack on the UNIX platform (Solaris).
- Provide technical guidance and design/architecture oversight.
- The role required hands on application development experience in Java/J2EE, C/C++ and UNIX (Solaris) in an Agile development environment.