- 8+ years of experience as Senior Business Intelligence Architect and experience in Enterprise Information Management, Data Architecture, Data Modeling, Data Governance and Data Quality with full development lifecycle project implementation of Data warehouse.
- Have experience in all the phases of building Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence applications projects
- Strong Knowledge, understanding and implemented experience of OBIA data warehouse project, within - budget and on schedule (Oracle 11g)
- Intensive Report/Dashboard/Scorecard, development experience using OBIEE 11G and Oracle BI Application 11G with source EBS and ODI/Informatica tool.
- Very Strong Knowledge in OBIEE Repository (.rpd) involving complex star and snowflake schema at three Layer (Physical Layer, Business Model and Presentation layer).
- Experience in design, creation and customization of new Star and Snowflake schema (Fact/Dimension/Aggregate table)
- Experienced in working on ODI. Extensively worked in ELT Design, Development, code reviews and performance tuning of ODI jobs.
- Led team technically providing analytical solution to the client requirements.
- Specialize in working with technical staff to create, interpret, and implement business requirements into technical specifications.
- Possess business domain experience in Projects, Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing, Financials, ASCP and Human Resources.
- Possess excellent Knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts - Schemas, Facts and Dimensions etc.
- Strong understanding of the principles of Data warehousing, Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, star and snowflake schema modeling.
- Excellent exposure to GL, AP, AR and PO modules, and further specialization in the EPM product line which includes Financial Service Industry (FSI).
- Implemented BI solutions in various domains such as Oracle Financial, Sales, and Human Resources worked on end to end implementation of BI APPS which include (OBIEE, ODI )
- Created highly formatted reports in Oracle BI publisher by using Oracle BI answers and Oracle BI server metadata. Performed RPD and web Catalogue merging.
- Configured and installed metadata objects and Web Catalog Objects, BI Publisher and integrated with OBIEE server.
- Expertise in Oracle SQL and database Performance Tuning by implementing Parallel Execution, Table Partition, materialized views with query rewriting, creating appropriate indexes, usage of hints, re-building indexes.
- Mapped Dashboard field requirements to OLTP/OLAP Physical/Business Model.
- Expertise with all ODI graphic tools - Topology, Security Manager, Designer and Operator and configuring the ODI master and work repositories, ODI models defining and organizing the ODI project including interfaces, packages, procedures, variables and user defined-functions.
- Have excellent knowledge of OBI Apps out-of-the-box codes, best practices, design and dimensional modeling.
- Have excellent exposure in design, implementation and support of Data Warehouse.
- Have extensive experience in coordinating with clients, management and teams.
- Have excellent hands-on on Business Intelligence apps development using tools as OBIEE 10g/11g.
RDBMS: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 7.0 / 2000 / 2005, MS Access, Sybase12.5, Rapid SQL, Oracle SQL Developer, PL/SQL Developer
ETL Tool: BODI 11.5/12.2, Oracle Data Integrator 10/11/12, OWB, Sql Server (DTS)
Report Tool: Crystal Report 4.5 / 7.0 / 8.5 / 9.0 / 10.0 / 11.0, Actuate, OBIEE 10g/11g, BI Publisher, BI Apps, RPD, Oracle EBS, OBIA 7.9.x
Modeling Tool: Relational Modeling, Dimensional Modeling (Star Schema, Snow-Flake, Fact, Dimensions), Data Quality, Entities, Attributes, ER Diagrams, IBM-Rational Rose, MS Visio
Front End: Visual Basic 6.0, Excel VBA, Perl, DOT NET, VB Script, Shell Scripting, APEX, Java Script Code Repository VSS, PVCS, AccuRev
Quality Tool: HP Quality Center 9.2/11/12.2, JIRA
Operating System: Windows 98/2000/XP/NT/2003/7, UNIX
Sr. ODI DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB) repository creation/configuration/monitoring, mapping/process flow development, OMB Scripting, deployments - some data modeling.
- Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) installation/ repository creation/ configuration, interfaces/packages development.
- Interpreting and implementing business requirements for ETL development, Experience in slowly changing dimension.
- Performing in depth unit testing for all enhancements/new development - including data analysis for verification of accuracy and performance tuning for optimal execution.
- Adhering to existing ETL development and load management Standards and Processes.
- Write complex SQL queries (involving multiple joins, sub-queries and analytical functions).
- Managing timely written and verbal communication on project progress, load status, issue tracking, and concerns for management attention and/or escalation
- Knowledge and application of Kimball Methodology in an Oracle 10g or 11g environment leverage OWB 10gR2 or 11gR2 including Star/Snowflake Schema.
- Ability to document OWB, ODI objects and functionality in the form of ETL specification and design documents
- Knowledge of best practices for OWB, ODI versioning
- Use of loading and extract hints in OWB, ODI
- Knowledge of configuration features for Mapping Objects, Mappings, and Process Flows including but not limited to target loading properties, Mapping load types (set based vs. row based and fail-over), parallelism
- Knowledge of best practices for reprocess/audit-balance control implementation in ETL (OWB error-tables)
- Knowledge of ODI load plan, scenarios, variables, procedures, check knowledge module, reprocessing error tables, performance tuning.
Environment: OWB 11, ODI 12c, UNIX, Oracle 11G, Visio, Toad, Shell Script, Quality Center 12.2
Confidential, Stanford, MA
ODI /OBIEE DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Preparation of documents (Business functionality, Process Understanding, Technical system Design)
- Design and implement data quality and data auditing processes
- Performs moderately complex development tasks following SBS system development life cycle
- In ODI Topology define different file systems and creates logical and physical schemas.
- Map business requirements into ODI Interfaces, Packages, and Load Plans using source to target mappings.
- Created Source and Target Data stores to map in interface to Transform and load data into various schemas based on Business rules defined.
- Worked on Application architecture and design
- Created Load Plan and schedules load plan based on timing given by source system
- Architect/Develop/Enhance system functionality that will categorize and create subsets of data
- Developed cleansing, transformation and loading tools for Data model based on data validation use cases.
- Analysis, Technical specification writing in ODI, Oracle SQL coding, testing and tuning
- Development of Stored procedures, Triggers, PL/SQL programs
- Works with Lead Developers, Data Analysis, DBA’s, and end users in the specification, design, and construction, testing and implementation of publishing services
- Work on application development projects as well as enhancements and maintenance of existing applications
- Researches and understands the business and technical requirements for a publishing process/system, including target environment and performance criteria; suggests technical approaches to management on projects
- Participate in software inspections and quality reviews
- Worked with different KM’s (LKM,IKM, CKM)
- Automated testing scripts using Oracle Unit Test
- Working on data integration solutions to utilize the Oracle Data Integration platform
- Strong unit, integration and system testing skills.
- Enforce business rules using ODI Constraints and data quality functions
- Developed steps for Unit Testing and Test scenarios / Test Plans with QA Team.
- Performed End-to-End testing on the release version using AccuRev for the software application and detected& track bugs using JIRA.
Environment: ODI, UNIX, Oracle 11G, Visio, Perl, APEX, Oracle PL/SQL developer, Shell Script, JIRA, AccuRev
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
- Manage the development activities for the State auto project independently.
- Work on the project environment set up.
- Review the data mapping and coding table documents and understand the requirements.
- Responsible for managing the design and development of Business Intelligence solutions including: BI Publisher, ETL packages.
- Designed and developed the OBIEE Metadata Repository using Oracle Business Intelligence Admin tool by importing the required objects Dimensions, Facts Aggregates with integrity constraints into Physical Layer using connection pool, developing Dimensions Drill-Down Hierarchies Logical Facts / Measures objects in Business Model Layer, and creating the Presentation catalogs in Presentation Layer.
- Developed reports using BI Dashboard and Answers, views charts.
- Developed many Analytical and Operational reports using different Analytics Views Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, and Narrative view.
- Dynamic / Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities, charts, tabular using global and local Filters. Worked with XML, XSLT.
- Provide the Business Intelligence Reports for testing and work on the error fixes based on the error reports generated by the data analysts.
- Work on UAT and performance tuning
- Work on ensuring a smooth transition to the Client for the Production move.
- Guide and mentor team members.
ENVIRONMENT: OBIEE 11g, ODI 12C/11g, MS SQL Server 2012/2014, Visual Studio, Informatica Powercenter 10, Putty, UNIX, AIX, Linux, Win SCP, Microsoft Office Tools like excel, word, Microsoft Outlook, MS Access
OBIEE Consultant /OBIA ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Implemented Financial Analytics and Procurement and Spend Analytics.
- Gathered requirements from the client for GAP Analysis, translated them into technical design documents and worked with team members in making recommendations to close the GAP.
- Extensively worked on SRs as per the client’s requirement to get the reports for the Business Analysis.
- Integrated OBIEE with EBS for Single Sign On (SSO).
- Worked on integrating and configuring BI Publisher with OBIEE.
- Installed and Configured OBIEE, DAC and Informatica on Unix/Linux Environment.
- Designed and Developed Dashboard Pages Like Total Spend Overview, Trends, Exceptions, Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Purchase Receipts and Employee Expenses in Procurement and Spend Dashboard.
- Designed and Developed Procurement and Spend and Supplier Performance, General Ledger, Payables, Receivables, Profitability, Dashboards in OBIEE.
- Customized Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Purchase Receipts and Employee expenses OOB (Out of the Box) dashboard pages in Procurement and Spend Analytics.
- Designed and Developed Custom Mappings in Informatica to Load the Receivables Data from Legacy system.
- To implement incremental logic for Stage load mappings and Insert/update logic for all Fact mappings.
- Extracted various sources like Oracle tables and imported Flat files using Informatica Power center.
- Extensively developed mappings on various business areas in the project by employing the available Transformations.
- Responsible for extracting Data from Oracle Apps Modules & loading into stage system and warehouse system.
- Customized Dashboard pages like General Ledger Dashboard, Payables Dashboard, and Profitability Dashboard.
- Designed Schemas using Fact, Dimensions, Physical, Logical, Alias and Extension tables in OBIEE Administrator tool.
- Worked using Catalog Manager to migrate Web Catalog from Instance to Instances.
- Imported and Exported Execution Plan in DAC from one Instance to other Instance.
- Customized Oracle BI metadata in the analytics repository with Oracle BI Administration Tool.
- Customized the Repository by creating Facts and Dimensions and adding some extra columns to the Existing Facts and Dimensions.
- Developed Custom Reports from OLTP without creating any Views or Tables in EBS Database in I-procurement, Payables and General ledger.
- Developed Ad-hoc and standard Reports/Dashboards with different Analytics Views (Drill-Down, Cascading Style Sheets, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector and Tabular with prompts, global and local Filters), contextual navigation, business rules with user identity and roles within the OBIEE.
- Designed, implemented and tested security privileges on subject areas, dashboards and reports.
Environment: Oracle BI Apps 7.9.6, OBIEE 11g/10g, Informatica 9i/8.x, DAC, OBAW, Oracle 11g/10g, SQL Developer, Oracle E-Business Suite R12/11i.