- Over 7+ years of extensive IT experience in Business Analysis, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Data Analysis, Report Development on BI tools in various domains
- Well versed experience in working with Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 10.x/9.x /8.x
- In depth knowledge in Dimensional Modelling, with understanding on business processes, dimensions, facts, Data modelling, SDLC phases, Agile, Scrum methodologies
- Proficient in creating interactive Tableau Visualizations and Dashboards using tableau features like Action Filters, Quick Filters, Hyper Linking, Drill down, and Ranking.
- Good SQL reporting skills with the ability to create SQL views, write SQL queries and prepared data in Excel for Tableau dashboard development.
- Created customized and interactive dashboards using multiple data sources using Tableau, Good command over SQL databases and using SQL queries with Tableau and Alteryx.
- Gathering Business and functional requirements from various users of different departments.
- Building, and Publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards on Tableau Server
- Experience in development of user defined reports to provide on demand data analysis using excel and created charts and pivot tables in Excel.
- Good knowledge in rendering reports and managing subscriptions in Tableau.
- Experience in Cleaning and blending various data sources, and Data mapping from source to target database, skilled in best practices of determining a live connection versus Tableau Data Extract.
- Implemented Individual Axis, Axis Blending, and Dual Axis in Tableau and worked on various functionalities like Key Performance Indicators (KPI), local and global filters, Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies, Level of Detail (LOD), Calculated fields, groups, sets, parameters, Transformations and performed ad - hoc analysis for monthly, weekly reporting for efficient decision making.
- Experience in Tableau Server Installation, Configuration, creating users, groups, projects, providing access levels and schedule reports and auto refresh activity.
- Ability to achieve optimization through extracts or SQL queries, troubleshooting, performance tuning and supporting Business reporting platforms effectively.
- Very good knowledge in entire Business Intelligence Project Life Cycle and proficient in visualizing through Tableau to analyze, attain insights into larger datasets, star and snow flake schemas.
- Mastered in ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill down, Drop down features and parameterized using Tableau
- Designed effective visualizations using Lines, Pies, Bars, Scatter plots, Maps, Bubble charts, Bullets, Histograms, and highlight tables.
- Well experienced in assisting/training users to modify and create worksheets and data visualization dashboards using Tableau Desktop, administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Enthusiastic and goal-oriented with ability to communicate with product owners and technical team for requirement gathering, documenting, and suggesting the capabilities of Tableau Visualization for effective outcomes.
- Ability to grasp and assimilate trending applications and technologies within no time and help in the development of business process.
Languages: SQL, HTML, CSS, XML, Java, Java Script, JSON, REST API, Python
Operating Systems: Windows 7,8,10, MAC OS X
Tools: Tableau (Desktop, Server), SSRS, JIRA, MS Office Suite, GitHub, MS Project 2013
Data Modeling: MS Visio, ERwin, SDLC, BI Life Cycle
Database: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Teradata
Data Blending Tools: Informatica, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Confidential, North Brook, IL
Sr. Tableau Developer/Admin
- Gathered user requirements, analyzed and designed solution based on the requirements
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts, Business Analysts, and Data modelers to define requirement document and design processes for various data sources and reporting needs
- Built and published customized Interactive reports and dashboards along with data refresh and user level security by using Tableau Desktop
- Developed KPIs and Dashboards based on reports, spreadsheets, and charts
- Created and modified some of the existing reports and dashboards and implemented Tableau features like Filters, Groups, and Sets
- Implemented ad-hoc analysis to create dashboards for timed reports like weekly, monthly, and daily basis.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop
- Developed key indicators and the appropriate tracking reports with graphical and written summations to assist in the quality improvement initiatives.
- Created extracts, consolidated data and published data sources to tableau server, refreshed extract in Tableau server from Tableau Desktop.
- Used different Mark types and Mark properties in views to provide better insights into large data sets.
- Used Data Blending, Groups, combine fields and aggregated fields, spotlight into compare and analyze data in different perspectives.
- Experience in Creating, publishing, modifying, and managing tasks, utility, and performance on server.
- Worked on various reports using best practices and different visualizations like Donut charts, Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Troubleshoot and fix user issues related to Tableau reports (underlying data or performance).
- Built complex calculations using advanced functions (LOD, RANK DENSE, ATTR, DATEDIFF, STR, IFs, nested IFs, Windows functions, and QUICK TABLE calculations).
- Utilized capabilities of Tableau such as Data extracts, Data blending, Forecasting, Dashboard actions and Table calculations to develop interactive views / dashboards and to facilitate statistical analysis of data for end users.
- Scheduled frequency and time to refresh data when sources are published or extracted to server.
- Ensured on-time and on-budget performance of the assigned efforts to the mutual satisfaction of the business partners/ sponsors.
Environment : Tableau (Desktop/ Server) 10.x/9.x, SQL Server, Alteryx, Redshift, SAP HANA, SQL Server, Windows 10, MS Office 2013
Confidential, Virginia Beach, VA
Tableau Developer / Admin
- Collaborated with end users, project stakeholders and support partners to identify needs, goals, and business models and Involved in the entire project lifecycle
- Designed Tableau scorecards, dashboards using Stack bars, Bar graphs, Scatter plots, Gantt charts using show me functionality and publishing them to Tableau Server and Tableau Online.
- Created complex formulas and calculations within Tableau to meet the needs of complex business logic.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development and effectively used data blending feature in Tableau
- Built Tableau Dashboards from multiple sources like Oracle Database, Flat files (Excel, csv) and OLAP database
- Created Tableau Data Extracts(.tde) files to import dashboard users from csv file to Tableau Server using Extract API
- Translated the business needs into a documentation for assigned project teams and designed conceptual business process models.
- Developed the key indicators for appropriate tracking reports with graphical and written summations to help in quality improving initiatives.
- Created interactive dashboards with views and actions, drill downs, trends, and created sets to show progress in the fields based on the success rate.
- Designed the reports with user level security with best practices and different visualizations, built complex calculations using advanced functions.
- Implemented the features of Tableau such as Data blending, Data extracts, Forecasting, Dashboard actions, calculations, views/dashboards, and statistical data analysis for end users.
- Tested the SQL scripts to develop the reports, dashboards, scorecards, and handled the performance issues very effectively.
- Performed admin duties such as publishing the developed dashboards, reports on to the Tableau Server allowing the end users to access and view the data by implementing and maintaining security controls on server.
Environment: Tableau 9.x/10.1, MS Access, MS Excel, MS-SQL Server, MS Office 2013, Erwin, Visio, Power Point, Word
Confidential, Rhode Island
- Involved in complete project lifecycle of SDLC and coordinated with all project teams
- Interacted with SMEs, end users and been responsible for writing Business Required Document (BRD), User Specifications, and Functional Specifications Documents (FRD)
- Performed GAP analysis by identifying existing system, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements
- Actively participated in gathering requirements from end users, involved in modifying various technical & functional specifications.
- Analyzed requirements for various reports, dashboards and created proof of concept / prototype of the same using Tableau desktop.
- Worked in coordination with end users for feasibility study of the project in Tableau and drawing up the timelines as per project requirements
- Created Cohort builder, Patient viewer, Multiple myeloma dashboards for researchers, clinicals etc.
- Extensive experience in creating dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau
- Created advanced analytical dashboards using Reference Lines, Bands and Trend Lines
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Utilized advance features of Tableau to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Communicated on daily basis with stakeholders and clients on Tableau related activities.
- Managing metadata associated with the ETL processes used to populate the Datawarehouse
- Creating basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios
- Implemented Grand Totals, Sub-totals, and Changing Aggregation for Customizing the Data.
- Created Hierarchies, sets, combined sets and Groups in Tableau.
- Generated ad hoc Tableau reports on demand for providers.
- Created and modified Interactive Dashboards and guided navigation links within Interactive Dashboards.
- Published the developed dashboard, reports on the Tableau Server so that the end users having access to the server can view the data.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards and handled the performance issues effectively.
Environment: Tableau 8.0, Teradata, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008, SQL Developer, MS VISIO, MS Suite, Informatica, Micro Strategy, Erwin, Microsoft (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
SQL Developer - Intern
- Responsible for installation of SQL Server, database design, and create schema objects like tables, views and indexes.
- Experience in SQL joins, sub queries, stored procedures, tracing and performance tuning for better running of queries.
- Analyzing various user requirements and coming up with requirement specifications for the various database applications
- Experience in development of extracting, transforming and loading (ETL), maintain and support the enterprise data warehouse system and corresponding marts
- Developing database applications which are automated
- Experience in generating reports using linked reports, sub reports and filters in SQL server reporting services.
- Planning and implementing capacity expansion to ensure that the company’s databases are scalable
- Install and configure the necessary components to ensure that the database is accessible
- Monitoring the performance of the database by checking on the execution time
- Ensured that the existing data warehouses, reporting systems and various tools were adequately supported
Environment: Windows 7, T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2012