- Proficient in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- 8+ years of professional experience in Data Modeling and Data Analysis as a Proficient in gathering business requirements and handling requirements management
- Excellent ability to understand business needs and data to generate end to end business solutions.
- Experienced in designing the Conceptual, Logical and Physical data modeling using Erwin r7.3, Power Designer 12.0 and ER Studio Data modeling tools.
- Good in system analysis, ER Dimensional Modeling, Database design and implementing RDBMS specific features.
- Experience in modeling with both OLTP/OLAP systems.
- Having good experience with Normalization (1NF, 2NF and 3NF) and De - normalization techniques for improved database performance in OLTP, OLAP, Data Warehouse and Data Mart environments.
- Efficient in Dimensional Data Modeling for Data Mart design, identifying Facts and Dimensions and Strong understanding of principles of data warehousing, fact tables, dimension tables, Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) Type I and Type II.
- Proficient in identifying Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema and ODS architecture for modeling a Data warehouse in Relational, Dimensional and multidimensional modeling.
- Well versed in Forward and Reverse Engineering principles.
- Experience with various RDBMS like Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2005/2008, DB2 UDB, Teradata.
- Extensive experience in development of T-SQL, Oracle PL/SQL Scripts, Stored Procedures and Triggers for business logic implementation.
- Experience in writing SQL queries and optimizing the queries in Sybase, Oracle and SQL Server and Teradata.
- Experience in Teradata Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Data Mart.
- A good expertise in Extract Transform and Load (ETL) data from spreadsheets, database tables and other sources using Informatica and SSIS.
- ETL and data integration experience in developing ETL mappings and scripts using Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x/7.x/6.x and Power Mart 6.x.
- Expert in user interface designing and creating screen-shots using wire frames and comps, and expert in using tools like MS Project and MS Visio.
- A good familiarity and experience in the work environment consisting of Business analysts, Production/ Support teams, Subject Matter Experts, Database Administrators and Database developers.
- Excellent analytical skills with exceptional ability to master new technologies efficiently.
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin, Visio, IBM InfoSphere, Oracle Designer, Power Designer and ER Studio, Toad
Database: Oracle 7/8/9i/11g/10g, SQL Server, Teradata, MS Access
ETL: Informatica 9.1/7.1.3/7.1.1, DataStage, SSIS
Operating Systems: Windows 9x/NT/XP/2003/VISTA/7/8, Linux, Unix
Business Applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Visio
Reporting Tools: Tableau, Cognos 8/10, Micro Stratergy, QlikView, SSAS
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, Python
Other Tools: JIRA, SQL Navigator, Teradata SQL Assistant
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Data Modeler/Data Analyst
- Conducted major stakeholder interviews involving SME’s, Business Analysts and other stakeholders to determine the requirements.
- Translated the business requirements into workable functional and non-functional requirements at detailed production level using Workflow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Use Case Modeling.
- Identified and compiled common business terms for the new health care system that become central part of communication among project stakeholders to avoid ambiguity
- Worked at conceptual/logical/physical data model level using Erwin according to requirements.
- Involved in exhaustive documentation for technical phase of the project and training materials for all data management functions
- Used Reverse Engineering approach to redefine entities, relationships and attributes in the data model as per new specifications in Erwin after analyzing the database systems currently in use
- Enforced referential integrity in the OLTP data model for consistent relationship between tables and efficient database design
- Developed the required data warehouse model using Star schema for the generalized model
- Used forward engineering approach for designing and creating databases for OLAP model
- Conducted design walk through sessions with Business Intelligence team to ensure that reporting requirements are met for the business
- Developed Data Mapping, Data Governance, Transformation and Cleansing rules for the Master Data Management Architecture involving OLTP, ODS and OLAP
- Collaborated with ETL, BI and DBA teams to analyze and provide solutions to data issues and other challenges while implementing the OLAP model.
- Developed and maintained data dictionary to create metadata reports for technical and business purpose.
- Created action plans to track identified open issues and action items related to the project
- Prepared analytical and status reports and updated the project plan as required
Environment: CA Erwin, MS Visio, Oracle 9i, Oracle Designer, SQL Server2000/ 2005,Informatica, Crystal Reports 9, XML, Rational Rose and SQL Server Reporting Services
Confidential, Brea, CA
Data Analyst/ Modeler
- Gathered requirements, analyzed and wrote the design documents.
- Document all data mapping and transformation processes in the Functional Design documents based on the business requirements.
- Prepared High Level Logical Data Models using Erwin, and later translated the model into physical model using the Forward Engineering technique.
- Was responsible in using MDM to decide how to manage their life cycle, cardinality, complexity and Collect and analyze metadata about the master data.
- Performed Data Profiling and Data Quality.
- Responsible for defining the key identifiers for each mapping/interface.
- Created Technical specifications documents based on the functional design document for the ETL coding to build the data mart.
- Extensively involved in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL process) from Source to target systems using Informatica Power Center 9.1
- Documented, clarify, and communicate requests for change requests with the requestor and coordinate with the development and testing team.
- Used SAP for integrating external data with BW.
- Reverse engineered all the Source Database's using Erwin.
- Worked with internal architects in the development of current and target state data architectures
- Used data analysis techniques to validate business rules and identify low quality missing data in the existing data.
- Prepared High Level Logical Data Models using Erwin 8.3, and later translated the model into physical model using the Forward Engineering technique.
Environment: Oracle 10g/11g, Erwin 9.1, UDB, Informatica Power Center 9.1,SAP, MS Access 2007, MS Excel 2007, MS Word 2007, MS Outlook 2007, Teradata, Crystal Reports, PowerPoint 2007.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Data Modeler/Data Architect
- Performed Logical & Physical Data Modeling - ER Modeling & Dimensional Modeling.
- Normalizing the tables/relationships to arrive at effective Relational Schemas.
- Identifying the facts & dimensions; grain of fact, aggregate tables for Dimensional Models.
- Dimensional Data Modeling to deliver Multi-Dimensional STAR schemas.
- Worked with data compliance teams, Data governance team to maintain data models, Metadata, Data Dictionaries; define source fields and its definitions.
- Participate in biweekly technical huddle meeting with development and DBA team. Participate in weekly data analyst meting and submit weekly data governance status.
- Rapid Audit of the requirements and existing systems; Requirements & Business Process Analysis.
- Design & Implementation of Data Marts; DBA coordination; DDL & DML Generation & usage.
- Convert models from CA ERwin to ER/Studio 7.5 (ERStudio); developed numerous macros.
- Compiles and maintains the Enterprise Schema across all applications. Enforces principles of good canonical data design.
- Created and implemented Semantic Data Models.
- Performance Tuning (Database Tuning, SQL Tuning, Application/ETL Tuning).
- Architecting Work Flows, Activity Hierarchy & Process Flows; Design EDW / CDW components.
- Metadata Repository, Data Dictionary; Documentation using Interface Diagrams, Flow Charts.
- Assist developers in Performance Tuning & discussing Design Patterns/high level application design.
Environment: Oracle 11g/ 10g, Toad, Business Objects, Informatica, IDQ, ERWIN 8.x/9.x, Embarcadero ER/Studio 7.5 (ER Studio).
- Involved in requirement gathering and database design and implementation of star-schema, snowflake schema/dimensional data warehouse using Erwin 7.0.
- Initiated Use Case Analysis using UML, which provided the framework for potential use case deliverables and their inter-relationships.
- Involved in the study of the business logic and understanding the physical system and the terms and condition for sales Data mart.
- Generated meta-data reports from data models.
- Used Erwin for creating logical and physical data models for Oracle and Teradata database design, star schema design, data analysis, documentation, implementation and support.
- Used SQL Server Integrations Services (SSIS) for extraction, transformation, and loading data into target system from multiple sources
- Created SSIS packages to clean and load data to data warehouse.
- Created package to transfer data between OLTP and OLAP databases.
- Created SSIS Packages using Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Task etc. to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse.
- Created a table to save dirty records.
- Extracted data from XML to SQL server.
- Created SSIS packages for data Importing, Cleansing, and Parsing etc.
- Created complex queries to automate data profiling process needed to define the structure of the prestaging and staging area.
- Struck a balance between scope of the project and user requirements by ensuring that it covered minimum user requirements without making it too complex to handle.
- Requirement gathering from the users. A series of meetings were conducted with the business system users to gather the requirements for reporting.
- Involved in mapping the load data to the target based on primary, and foreign key relationship considering the constrained based load order
- Designed the mapping with a slowly changing dimension Type2 to keep track of historical data
- Designed a mapping to process the incremental changes that exits in the source table. Whenever source data elements were missing in source tables, these were modified/added in consistency with third normal form based OLTP source database.
- Designed, developed the changes and enhancements for the existing submission, and refining programs were enhanced to in corporate the new calculations.
- Interacted with end users to identify key dimensions and measures that were relevant quantitatively.
- Involved in logical and physical designs and transform logical models into physical implementations for Oracle and Teradata.
- Used Erwin7.0 tool for reverse engineering and target database schema conversion process.
- Involved in overall testing and different team review meetings.
- Worked on Master Data Management MDM.
Environment: HP-Unix 11.11, Oracle 11g, Teradata 12, MS Analysis manager with SQL Server 2008, MS SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 Integration Services, ERwin 7.0, ER/ Studio 8, TOAD 9, XML, Microsoft Excel 2007, Access 2007, Business Objects SI, Acute reports 10, Power Designer.