- Over 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance and Software Testing in Financial and Insurance Domain.
- Experienced in developing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Reports based on the business requirements.
- Experience in DWH and BI Tester/QA Analyst with strong background in design, development, and support of databases and information products as well as data analysis / reporting / testing.
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) such as Waterfall, Agile.
- Extensive experience in Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Sanity/Smoke Testing and Backend Testing in multi - tier web applications.
- Excellent understanding and expertise in writing complex SQL (DDL, DML and DCL) queries to perform back-end testing.
- Maintained and updated the test cases as per the changes in the requirements.
- Automated and scheduled the Informatica jobs using UNIX Shell Scripting and AutoSys.
- Well versed using UNIX commands for shell scripting.
- Expertise in Testing complex Business rules by creating mapping and various transformations using Informatica.
- Experienced in working with HP Quality Center and Rational Requisite Pro and Clear Quest for Test Management and defect tracking.
- Excellent experience in developing Business Intelligence Applications using Business Objects and Crystal Reports.
- Developing and Delivering System Documentation and UAT Test scripts and auditing documentation for maintaining ITIL.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Good team player with the ability to lead, manage and work independently in a time sensitive environment.
ETL Tools: Informatica 9.5/8.6, Data Stage, SSIS, SSRS
Testing Tools: Quality Center, Load Runner, Win Runner, Web Service Test
Database: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL Server 2000/2005, MySQL, ODBC, DB2, TOAD 8.5, MS Access, Teradata V2R5/V2R6
Reporting Tools: Business Objects 5.1/XIR2, Cognos 8.0, Crystal Reports
Operating Systems: Window 2003 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 98, Windows XP, Linux and UNIX(AIX).
Version control: Visual Source safe, WINCVS, PVC
Languages: HTML, XML, PL/SQL, VB 6.0, VB script, Java
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Involved in writing test cases for Aria 7 billing application and payment workflow application.
- Validated Managed and Self-managed product plans, services, configuration settings in Aria 7 environment.
- Validated refund, coupons, discounts, payment, service credit, cash credit scenarios in the US, CA and IE templates.
- Made a manual payment through workflow and validated payment was posted in Aria.
- Used UK XML invoice conversion workflow application to validate UK XML invoice.
- Created new account through postman and ALL automation tool in Aria for US, CA and IE customers.
- Generate invoices and statements and validated US, CA and IE templates met the requirements.
- Involved in Revenue Recognition, Posted revenue Report, Cash Receipt Register, Aging Report, Adjustment Transactions, All unbilled usage report and Account usage summary report.
- Validated roles and permissions in outer module in Aria 7.
- Involved in commit shortfall workflow testing.
- Validated new customer notification to contract admin.
- Executed end to end test cases for US, CA and IE accounts.
- Logged and prioritized defects using Jira.
- Involved in validating configuration validation in production environment.
- Was involved in working with the offshore testing team to co-ordinate Functional and Regression Testing.
- Participated in daily sprint meetings, QA weekly meeting and automation meetings.
Environment: Chrome, Firefox, Jira, ALLTool, Postman, Workflow
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Involved in test planning and writing test scripts for Product Catalog, Salesforce, Sales Order Manager, Integration Workflow, Remedy and Security requirements.
- Prepared test scripts to perform integrated testing -quote creation process in Salesforce, usage and invoicing in Ubersmith and billing in BRM applications.
- Wrote scenarios for quote creation process (CDN, Colo, IP, MH and Agile services).
- Executed test scenarios for Rated, Periodic, Straight usage, Aggregation, Bucket, Ramp, Tiering, Disco, Service in/out, BPC and Renewal billing scenarios.
- Performed functional and regression testing on Ubersmith FR1, FR2, FR3 and FR4 releases.
- Analyzed and reproduced manually failed test scripts and logged defects in Jira.
- Involved in querying using SQL and updating records and validate database records as expected.
- Validated accuracy of invoice in BRM by using Putty (UNIX) to run scripts to generate invoices.
- Conducted Manual Testing of the application.
- Involved in Regression testing, Ad-hoc testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and GUI Testing.
- Facilitated defect triage meetings.
- Participated in all Agile meetings held during the project and actively coordinated with Developers and Business team.
- Supported and troubleshoot Production Teams as well as UAT teams.
Environment: Windows XP, 7, Testlink, UNIX, BRM, API, Chrome, IE, Safari, Firefox, Web Services, SQL, Jira
Confidential, NY, NY
- Involved in Business analysis and Requirements gathering.
- Data migration - Includes migration of data from legacy environment to Oracle System.
- Involved in Data Validation using SQL queries.
- Used the Data Stage Designer to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating, and loading data into data warehouse database.
- Extensively used Data Stage manager to migrate code to various project environments.
- Utilized Access database to collect data from multiple database sources using ODBC methods. Developed procedures for exporting information in Excel format in development server.
- Consolidated numerous scripts and revised validation logic to conform to data jobs and client data integrity requirements. Created user defined functions to dynamically validate data specific to clients.
- Processed transactions from system entry to exit. Tested functionality across applications and workflows.
- Worked with UNIX shell scripts for scheduling and running the required jobs.
- Worked with appropriate business and technology leads to determine the acceptable range for test results and performance
- Coordinated component, system testing with the appropriate technical groups and Release Management and documented test procedures and findings.
- Reconciled test results from different tests and different groups. Assessed readiness and deviation of product/project performance based upon test results and product specifications.
- Reported bugs and tracked defects using Rational Clear Quest.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Used TOAD Software for Querying ORACLE and Used Win SQL for Querying DB2.
- Created critical scenarios for each change request and defect request.
Environment: IBM Data Stage 7.5, Windows NT, UNIX Shell Scripting, IBM AIX, Control-M, Oracle8i, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, Business Objects XIR2, Rational Clear Quest, IBM DB2
Confidential, Caledonia, MI
QA / Data Analyst
- Involved in Data Analysis and Database Designing.
- Involved in identifying data from BRD to Develop LDM, PDM by studying Data Flow diagrams and State Transition Diagrams.
- Used MS Visio to develop the database design.
- Extensively involved in developing Data Dictionary.
- Created tables and various database objects.
- Troubleshooting, resolving and escalating data related issues and validating data to improve data quality.
- Involved in performing validation of datasets, tables and triggers by performing White Box Testing and code walk-through.
- Performed Data Profiling to improve search abilities by using tags and aliases.
- Dynamically adjusted price breaks in accordance with client pricing groups and allowed editing/addition of customer information to rapidly assemble on-screen, printed and database-recorded quotes.
- Developed test reports and participated in testing prioritization and archived test results and user signoff
- Involve with Design and Development team to implement the requirements.
- Performed execution of test cases manually to verify the expected results.
- Involved in creation of tables, writing stored procedures and Triggers.
- Developed user interface screens using VB, ADO to connect to backend and stored procedures to manipulate data.
- Handling user defined exceptions.
- Involved in testing, implementation & maintenance.
Environment: MS Visio, Crystal Reports 9.0, Metadata Repository, Visual Basic 6.0, SQL Server 2000, SQL, T-SQL, UNIX and Windows NT