- Business Intelligence Lead/Architect with PMP and SAP Business Objects Certified Professional with 14 years of experience in Information Technology engagements and consulting on Full Life cycle implementations Enterprise Solutions, Architecture and Business Process Transformation.
- Proven leadership in launching, growing and maintaining all facets of Business Intelligence projects like Data Analysis, Project Management, Business Analysis, Report Development, System Administration, Application Troubleshooting, Systems Architecture Design and Implementation, and User Training.
- Skilled Data analyst with more than 13 years of industry experience in collecting, organizing, interpreting, and disseminating various types of statistical figures and Data Analysis
- Expertise in Business Intelligence Applications SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Python, Crystal Reports, Lumia Xcelsius OBIEE, SAP BW, Informatica and Data services, BI Query, Reveal, BODI and Informatica Power Center.
- Experience in various Business Domains - Finance, Manufacturing, HR, Orders, Installation, Enterprise Billing, Quality, Customer Support, and Field Services.
- Lead development of a suite of Mobile /IPAD apps providing Product Ordering, Installation, Billing Dashboards on Tableau and SAP BI
- Placing the efforts to Integrate the Tableau and SAP BO to Cloud Services like Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Designed a Data Model from Scratch for Customer Support teams and implemented Tableau visuals charts in Dual Axis Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots Pie Charts, Heat Maps Bubble Charts Tree Maps Funnel Charts, Box Plots, Waterfall Charts, Geographic Visualization and other making use of actions these Dashboards are used in Higher Management Presentations
- Prepared a POC for Management and created a Tableau Dashboard using Python for Quality Data
- Blend technology skills with extensive Agile/Scrum experience, a marketing orientation and analytical abilities to evolve product strategy.
- Developed and presented senior management executives Business Intelligence strategic expansion plan that outlined opportunities and recommendations that will be used for growth planning
- Manage development and release of BI solutions (SAP BO, Tableau, Lumira, BODI) across organization
- Designed roadmap with a proof of technology for BigData framework in place machine learning and predictive analytics using Apache Hadoop framework, Mapreduce, Spark, Hive, SAP Predictive Analytics and SAP HANA
- Strong experience with database triggers, complex functions, packages an tools such as SQL Navigator, WinSQL, TOAD, SQL Server Management Studio
- Extensively involved in implementation analytical framework for ERP modules from multiple vendors such as Oracle Apps, JD Edwards, SAP, PeopleSoft ERP, Oracle, Core business application, billing applications etc.
- Experience in complex BI Reports, Dashboards, Project Management, Change/Incident Management, Maintenance, Migrations and Root cause analysis, Resolution Methods Time/ Cost/Budget Management.
Data Analytics: SAP Business Objects BI Launch Pad, WebI, Universe Designer, Information Design Tool, Xcelsisus, SAP Lumira, Tableau, SAP HANA,BI-Query, Reveal, APO’s, OBIEE,SAP BO Mobile App, Micro Strategy, Cognos, SQL Server Tools: Enterprise Manager, Profiler, Query Analyzer, SSRS,SSIS,SSAS, Python
ETL: Data Integrator/Data Services, Informatica, HADOOP (Hive, Pig)
Database(s): ORACLE, SQL Server, MS Access, Exadata, SAP HANA, Sybase, Informix, MySQL, SAP BI/BW, Teradata
Database Tools: TOAD, VISIO, SQL Navigator
Scripting: Unix Shell Scripting
Programming Languages: C, C++, JAVA, PL/SQL, VB, .NET
Operating System: UNIX, Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP/2008/2012, Linux
Other: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio), AWS
Business Intelligence Lead/Architect
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Created visually impactful dashboards with Tableau and other Data Analytic tools where extracted, interpreted and analyzed data to identify key metrics and transform raw data into meaningful, actionable information
- Designed Tableau Dashboard using Custom charts like Timeline charts, Scatter Charts, Waterfall Charts, Histogram Chart, Drill Down Pie Chart and Radial Chart for financial teams like Pl Margin, Net assets Dashboard and also for the Supply Chain & Manufacturing Teams Data Analysis Dashboards
- Developed Multiple Analytical Dashboards and Details Reports for company Yearly, Quarterly & Month Auditing, Billing Invoices, HR Pay role, Orders, Service order Analysis Reports; most of the reports are used in Higher Management Daily and monthly Trend Analysis review meetings.
- Designed and built statistical analysis models and Dashboard on Large data sets of quality, Customer
- Support Data that helped the higher management to analyze the Pitfall in the product, gave good statics analysis of product usability
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architects on the strategic BI solution, roadmap and develops the technical solution design and detail specifications for the BI solution and Disaster Recovery Plans
- Managed third party vendor relationship, manage project budgets, ensured project tracking and reporting, monitored performance, resolve critical issues, mitigate risks, communicated project status, and facilitated the use of best practices for many project teams like CRM (Customer Relationship Management), SAP, Billing, Installation, orders, quality, Manufacturing
- Lead the upgrade project for SAP Business Objects Enterprise XIR2 to XI 3.1 to 4.1 to 4.2 through multiple environments and successfully delivered high availability multi-site deployment in prod
- Configured SAP Business Objects /Tableau /Lumia Mobile App on IPHONE/IPAD for executive trends.
- Expert knowledge of performance/ load/ stress testing, business continuity planning and disaster recovery procedure.
- Expertise in Installation and configuration of Tableau server 8.2,9.5 & 10.5 on multi-node cluster (primary/workers), integrated with active directory and setup single Sign-on. Grew the user base from 30 users and 2 group sites to 332 users spread across 19 group sites in 4 years with over 120 desktop installations. Secured the group sites using AD group memberships.
- Well versed with tabadmin commands and managed tableau server, backups, workbook & dashboard publishing, data extracts and schedule setup, live connections, monitoring, updates and license activation and management.
- Expertise in Designing Business Objects universes for strategic reporting with contexts to handle confirmed dimensions across multi-level facts. Created user defined Hierarchies.
- Created scorecards with charts, graphs, color coded trend indicators using alert to highlight positive and negative changes in Assets, Deposits, Expenses, loan portfolio in co-relation with baseline interest / non-interest income.
- Lead cross-functional Project Teams in Migrating the BI-Query Huge Data models (Manufacturing, Ordering, Billing, etc.) and collaborated with business partners to determine and translate business requirements into SAP Business Objects suite of tools and Training solutions
- Multidimensional Data Marts (InfoCubes) migrated to SAP BO IDT & created Lumira Dashboards.
- Expertise in creating multiple Crystal Reports Using different data sources like SAP ECC, ODBC, Warehouse & application data bases
- Worked with desktop support to package, deploy and promote Xcelsius and Live office among the business analyst community for efficient data analysis and presentation using familiar desktop tools.
- Implemented advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geo coding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data Using different ETL and Database teams to create alternate views, indexes and summary tables as part of Performance tuning of the Universes/Metadata layer
Environment: Windows, UNIX, Linux and RDBMS like Oracle, SQL Server, Informix, MS Access, DB2 UDB and Sybase SAP BO, Crystal Reports, Xcelsius, Tableau, OBIEE, SAP Lumira, SAP BI/BW, Hummingbird (BI-Query), Reveal
Confidential, Washington DC
Sr. Business Intelligence/Data Analyst
- Work with the business management to ensure business objects are appropriately utilized for all required management and adhoc reporting, as well as data extracts for shared data agreements.
- Educated personnel about new technologies and techniques through informal interactions, formal presentations, and training sessions.
- Extensive experience and solid understanding of Data Warehousing, Data Marts, Star, Snow Flake Schema Modelling, Dimensional Modelling, Entity-Relationship Modelling, OLTP and OLAP concepts
- Procuring the software from Business Objects based upon business requirements and setting up the customer support.
- Gathering requirements and Architecting the BOXI R2 Environment based on the provided Hardware/Software requirements
- Designed Business Objects Architecture & created Environments (DEV, PROD).
- Worked on BOXI R2 Installation, Application Configuration, setting up the different Environments (Dev, Prod) in ACS Organization.
- Successfully Installed Performance Management on ACS servers and set the Repository for Performance Manager based on client requirements.
- Used Import Wizard to transfer the data from Dev Environment to Production Environment.
- Created a Universe on Workflow (DMV Ticket Queues) database.
- Created derived tables in the designer to enhance the capabilities and performance of the universe, implement cascading prompts in universe, defined aggregate SQL functions on measures to improve performance, checked the cardinalities, contexts, joins and aliases for resolving loops & integrity of the Universes, addressed Chasm Trap and Fan Trap using Multi-Parse SQL
- Created WEBI reports using SAP Business Objects functionality's like queries, slice and dice, drill down, cross tab, master detail and formula's Etc., exported Business Object reports to Web Intelligence XI R2 to be viewed by all users on the Internet, created reports synchronizing data from more than one sources, conducted training for ad-hoc users
- Designed, developed, maintained and tested universes for supporting ad-hoc queries and canned reports and export them to the Universe Domain.
- Worked with CMC to get the connection with Database server, change the Database source and also migrated the data from one Database to another Database.
- Worked on the Dashboard Manager to create requested Dashboards.
Confidential, Washington D.C
Sr Business Objects / Data Analyst
- Involved in Installing the Business Objects XIR2, Web Intelligence (Webi), creating Repository, Users and User Groups in Administrator.
- Lead transitioning from 6.5 to BOXIR2 version.
- Migrate Business Objects content from legacy Business Objects 6.5/Business Objects XIR2 systems using Import Wizard.
- Dealt with the new functionalities and features of the BOXI R2 version.
- Performed Administrative tasks like Setting up user profiles, assigning rights and privileges for user groups, setting up Categories using Administrator.
- Worked on the Administrative issues like Row level security, Object level security or field level security.
- Involved in resolving issues relating to pre-implementation of Reports.
- Rebuild the existing universe on BOXI R2 Adding new user objects, filter conditions, cascading prompts as per client requirements.
- Used Business Objects XI Developer Suite (Administrator, Designer, Info View), BO Query Designer and Report Designer
- Used various @Functions like @Prompt (for user defined queries), @Where (For creating conditional filters), and @Select.
- Created reports using queries, slice and dice, drill down, @functions, cross tab, master detail, formulas
- Involved in designing Business Objects Universes, Queries, and Reports
- Created Contexts and Aliases for resolving Loops in the Universes.
- Wrote ad hoc queries and web reports using Business Objects Suite
- Did multi-dimensional analysis using slice & dice, drill (up, down, through and across) by setting up different hierarchies and defining the scope of analysis.
- Created Cross-tabs, Matrix and Charts and worked on the LDAP configuration and Info view for Single
- Sign on (SSO)
Environment: Business Objects 6.5/XI R2 (Designer, Reporter, Central Management Console (CMC), Desktop
Intelligence, Import Wizard, Repository Migration Wizard, Universe Designer), Web Intelligence, Oracle10, PL/SQL
- Involved with Business users and Process Technology groups to structurally define the business rules and successfully implement in the project.
- Designed product service and accounting universes in designer module for ad hoc reporting requirements.
- Implemented different level of hierarchies for drill down reports.
- Analyzed data using Slice and Dice and Drill Mode methods and formatted Reports.
- Automated Document Scheduling, Publishing and Distribution for WEBI and Info View clients, using the Broadcast Agent.
- Used custom .LOV files from personal files and applied conditions of LOV files.
- Worked on VB Macros as per the client requirements.
- Experience in implementing business logic using Triggers, Indexes, Views and Stored procedures
- Experience in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL including all database objects: Stored procedures, Stored functions, Packages, TYPE Objects, Triggers, Cursors, REF cursors, Parameterized cursors, Views, Materialized Views.
- Implemented various customized Oracle reports using different techniques in Oracle SQL/PL-SQL.
- Provide 24*7 on call support on critical issues and ensure the environment is highly available and fault tolerant, continuously monitor, fine tune and investigate recommendations to improve the performance.
- Involved in the study of user requirements, analysis and review of designs and schema.
- Created E-R schema by identifying entities and their related attributes.
Environment: Oracle 8.0, SQL, Windows NT, Text pad, MS word, MS excel, Business Objects 6.5 (Designer, Reporter, Broadcast Agent, Universe Designer, VB Macro, SDK), Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, Oracle 9.0, PL/SQL, and Windows NT