- Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP - IIST) and experienced Quality Assurance/Automation Test/Engineer with over 5 years of experience in the Information Technology industry performing both Manual and Automated Testing throughout Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of Client Server and Web applications on various environments & methodologies. I’m currently seeking a challenging position where my years of experience and expertise will be an asset for the company/team.
- Experienced & in depth understanding of Software Quality Assurance - including Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), methodologies, Test Planning, Test Design, execution of manual & automated test scripts using Quality Center (QC), Quick Test Professional (QTP), and QA best practices
- Expertise with state of art testing tools including, HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT)/HP QTP, HP ALM/Quality Center, Jira and Confluence.
- Strong knowledge and experience applying QA best practices, techniques, and tools (both custom and off-the-shelf) in a fast-paced, iterative Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) & Methodology.
- Experienced in fast-faced environments and various methodologies - Waterfall, Agile, Scrum and XP
- Ability to identify Test Objectives and use them to design and develop manual and automated Test Cases as appropriate to validate Positive and Negative conditions.
- Experience in designing Test Plans, defining Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test Scripts, Analyzing Bugs and interacting with development team members in fixing the defects.
- Experience in Mobile Testing using mobile handset GSM/GPRS/3G/CDMA WAP Applications. Familiarity with all of different mobile platforms (Android, iOS, RIM, Windows Phone, Brew, and WebOS)
- Experience in Database testing (Backend Testing) and good understanding of Relational Database Management Systems (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server).
- Self-motivated, energetic, effective interpersonal and teamwork skills with proven abilities to work with a diverse team of individuals with different needs and objectives
- Prepared, maintained, and reviewed QA Test Documentation, Metrics and Artifacts to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards and requirements.
- Participated in Product Design Reviews to provide input on Functional Requirements, Product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Self-managed & ability to adjust competing priorities & allocate time as necessary to get the job done
- Strong communication skills to communicate effectively on a project to all key members onshore and offshore.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows10, 8, XP, Vista, 7 & UNIX
Language: VBScript, HTML, .NET, Java, J2EE, SQL, PL/SQL, ASP.NET, Ruby
Testing Tool: HP Quick Test Professional (QTP), HP Quality Center (QC), Thunderhead, Jira, DOORS, BugZilla, SnagIT, SeeTest, Mite
Protocol/Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, TCP/IP, Telnet, HTTP, FTP
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server 2008, TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL, PL/SQL
Debugging Tools: Charles Proxy, SoapUI, Fiddler, Firebug, Google Analytic
Confidential - Wayne, NJ
- Developed Functional and Regression automation code in VBScript from test case requirements using QuickTest Professional (QTP)
- Analyzed formal test results after manually performed Mobile Testing in order to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, and configuration issues.
- Used See Test & MITE for automated the Mobile Testing and run the scripts for multiple devices with VBScript using QTP.
- Experience using web and or mobile analytics tool such as Localytics and expert using cross-platform tool like Crashlytics for distributing beta versions of apps to iOS and Android
- To measure performance, memory leakage, energy usage & crash logs, i am expert using instrumental tools like xCode for iOS and ADB / DDMS for Android
- Used over the air platform such as TestFlight App & Hockey App to deploy internal iOS and Android builds to team members. Also used metrics from TestFlight and Hockey App to determine automation test scenarios.
- Created HTTP Proxy using debugging tools like Charle's Proxy to validate HTTP and SSL / HTTPS traffic between application and the server for web based and mobile applications.
- Accountable for full Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) service delivery spanning complete scope of application testing including Unit, Functional, System, Integration, Smoke, White Box, Black Box, Gray Box, Regression, UAT and Data-driven Testing
- Used Requirements Verification Traceability Matrix (RVTM) to map requirements to verification methods
- Identified defects throughout Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) by following both technical & business specs, and helped developers to reproduce & ensure defects are fixed
- Developed and maintained custom library, error handling, recovery scenarios, reporting methods and descriptive programming (DP) using VBScript for QTP
- Used HP Quality Center (QC) Test Resources module as the central repository to create & maintain HP QuickTest Professional automation test resource/assets files (.vbs, .txt, .qfl, .tsr, .qrs)
- Led testing effort in Agile development team as an embedded member & worked within established QA processes & methods to integrate best processes into the Scrum Sprint of assigned work for short Releases and Builds
- Worked proficiently, efficiently and with full accountability for each Sprint’s goals while ensuring new Automated Tests meet integrity of existing Automation Suite to facilitate the completion of projects
- Acted as Subject Matter Expert (SME) when complex business scenarios needed to be identified and any requirement gaps during Requirement Analysis
- Prepared, maintained, and reviewed QA Test Documentation, Metrics and Artifacts to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards and requirements
- Attended in Daily Stand Up Meetings, and managed short term testing of Sprints & Test Deliverables in Agile
Confidential - Norwalk, CT
- Analyzed Business and System Requirements and interacted with users and developers.
- Reviewed business manuals and requirement document (BRD) in order to summarize system-specific business rules and other operating conditions.
- Wrote Test Plans from a variety of documentation including Requirements, Vision, Use-case and User Help/Tutorial documentation.
- Created Test plan, Test scenarios, Test scripts and Test cases, corresponding to the test requirements in order to maximize verification coverage of system variables.
- Prepared and executed Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Procedures using requirements provided by the business and other technical staff.
- Performed Manual, Functional, Regression, Positive and Negative testing.
- Experienced in high collaboration with software development teams to assist in the reproduction and resolution of defects by following Bug Life Cycle (BLC) using Quality Center
- Developed Test Plan and Test Approach artifact with resource requirements and time estimates.
- Designed and developed Test Scenario/Test Cases/Test steps for various Business Services/methods covering both positive and negative testing requirements.
- Mapped system requirements with Test cases, ensured traceability of Test Cases back to the Business Requirements using QC.
- Performed Manual Testing of Web-based and Client-server enterprise applications and used Quality Center for test management.
- Created test plan based on the requirements, created the test cases and uploaded in Quality Center.
- Executed the test cases, reported defects and provided test cases execution status for the required cycle.
- Created HP Quick Test Professional (QTP) advance automation scripts using Descriptive programming, Modular approach, Custom Functions, Logics, and Looping for Regression testing.
- Scheduled the script execution, published results and reported defects as required in Quality Center.
- Performed Backend testing using My SQL to verify that the data are accurate in database and form server.
- Extensive SQL statements executed to verify that the data on GUI are accurate database tables.
- Communicated defects encountered during regression test and followed-up with developers until all issues were resolved.
Jr. QA Analyst
Confidential - Framingham, MA
- Developed & executed Test Plans, prepared work schedules, resource planning and bug reporting in HP Quality Center (QC)
- Automated baseline scripts generated using HP Quick Test Professional (QTP) to perform Regression Testing for different builds of the application.
- Worked with Developers, Project Managers, Business Analysts to continually enhance the service & testing offered by QA across the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Tasked with creating Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution and Test Evaluation.
- Scheduled weekly meetings with office staffs, developers and QA team to discuss about quality issues.
- Created Data Driven tests for multiple sets of data using HP Quick Test Professional (QTP) and for repetitive tasks.
- Involved in Data validation and Database integrity testing on Oracle database by writing SQL statements
- Developed documentation & performed User Acceptance Testing and trained the users about the system.