- Around 7 years of experience as Business Analyst.
- Experience in full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) from association with end - users for requirements determination, defining the system scope, system analysis, Business Case Development to Rollout, Production, testing, maintenance and documentation.
- Extensive experience in Banking/Financial, Insurance, Healthcare Domains.
- Proficient in gathering & analyzing business user requirements, leading and organizing Requirements gathering sessions with stakeholders, Design sessions with Subject Matter Experts (SME) and/or developers.
- Good understanding of Agile, SCRUM methodologies and Change Management.
- Experience of RAD(Rapid Application Development).
- Extensive experience in creating and analyzing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specifications Document (FSD), Use Cases, User Stories.
- Adept in creating Narrative Use Cases, Use Case diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Flow Diagrams and other related UML diagrams.
- Extensive knowledge and experience using of MS Project, Visio, JIRA and Rational Suite.
- Experienced with interacting directly with the client and internal teams to understand requirements and develop test strategy, test plans and other documentation.
- Experienced in writing Test Cases, Test Scripts and generating Test Data.
- Skilled in organizing Unit Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Stress and Volume testing session with developers, QA team and power users.
- Experience in writing SQL queries and scripts for data analysis and QA report testing.
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills and presentation skills.
- Experience in creating Requirements Traceability Matrix to keep the stakeholders informed of the progress of the project.
- Extensive experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for project definition involving analyzing requirements, creating prototypes, user interfaces, database schema and system design.
- Worked as a Business Analyst for Confidential ’s business warehouse and SAP Modernization Project helping PMO with coordination of numerous activities such as technical documentation, meetings, testing and post production support.
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Power designer
Software Development Lifecycle: Waterfall, Agile methodologies and Rational Unified Process (RUP), Scrum, RAD(Rapid Application Development), SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows 7
Project Management: MS Project, Rally, JIRA
Databases: MS Access, MS SQL, SAP HANA
Others: MS Office (Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint), SharePoint, Tableau, Power BI, SAP Business Objects.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Ensuring smooth transition of development team from Waterfall to Agile
- Updating exiting FRDs
- Implemented new out of band authentication for banking applications
- Working of the digital architecture epics with other BSAs
- Defining future state architecture with digital solutions team
- Completed requirements tractability matrix
- Facilitating requirements elicitation and validation meetings with stakeholders
- Creating and updating process flows for future and current projects
- Reviewing prototypes and solutions designs
- Contributing to bank BSA work standardization
- Creating and assigning user stories, tasks and subtasks for development team in JIRA
- Creating functional Specifications
- Creating, updating and managing all team documentation in Confluence and JIRA
- Facilitating daily standups, grooming sessions, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives
- Creating test scripts for UAT
- Assisting QA/SDET with manual testing and validation of results
- Identifying and reporting bugs
- Providing occasional production support with deployments, releases and bug fixes
- Carrying out research and data analysis for current and future projects.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Gathered user requirements and directed developers for practical deliverables.
- Work with the full SDLC, elicit, analyze and define requirements.
- Conducted JAD sessions between the end users and the development team. Worked with the software architects / developers to ensure that the applications confirm to customer requirements.
- Used Rational Unified Process (RUP) for streamlining the team’s development activities.
- Analyzed current formats for reporting Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Reconciliation towards using some of the necessary fields in the new format too.
- Prepared documents to conduct user acceptance testing.
- Worked on Agile and Scrum Methodology for Salesforce custom app implementation
- Participated Testing and Evaluation of projects at established integration points to assess progress and identify key functionality issues.
- Customized page layouts for Salesforce standard and custom objects.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Took approvals from business owners for business requirements
- Documented monthly status reports for enhancement and modification requests for the development team to assist them in efficient tracking and monitoring of open issues of the project
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Business warehouse and SAP Modernization Project helping PMO with coordination of numerous activities such as technical documentation, meetings, testing and post- production support.
- Involved in project management activities, like project planning, development and execution.
- Analyzed Client requirements, generating workflow process and necessary documents for the project.
- Involved in installation of Tableau desktop 7.0, Tableau server Application software.
- Managed Requirements and communicating with user groups and team members using UML diagrams in Rational Rose and Rational Requisite Pro.
- Created Business Required Document (BRD) detailing the solution of the project and the needs of client.
- Assisted Project Teams in preparing Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Software Design Documents (SDD), User Interface Design, designing of Application Architecture & Database Modeling.
- Acted as a liaison with the customer regarding the end user requirements.
- Was responsible for understanding business rules that drive system logic.
- Defined project milestones, schedules, monitoring progress using MS Project and updating plans as required.
- Initiated Use Case Analysis using UML, which provided the framework for potential use case deliverables and their inter-relationships, and allow for maximizing software reuse.
- Documented User Requirements with MS Word as the editing tool.
- Identified and resolved issues between business requirements and technical constraints, often involving other business analysts and technology staff.
- Conducted data analysis using SQL queries.
- Utilized knowledge of networking for project integration requirements analysis.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business processes, business rules, and information needs, and ensure that critical requirements are not missed.
- Followed the UML based methods using Rational Rose to create Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams.