- Accomplished, self - directed and result-oriented Individual Contributor Professional with years of diverse business experiences in the financial services environment.
- From the complementary experiences ranging from operational achievements, data quality assurance, and client service reconciliations to the analyses of internal controls, audits, risk and compliance reporting, the extensive experiences developed and nurtured a history of excellent relationships and collaboration with clients and associates across all levels.
- 16+ years Financial Services Industry experience with 3+ years in senior positions; 16+ years Operations; 10+ years Accounting and Reconciliation; 5+ years Abandoned and Unclaimed Property; 7+ years Payroll; Experience in Project Management, Remediation, Risk and Compliance, Regulatory, Audits, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Data Analysis, Reporting, Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel: Pivot tables, Conditional Formulas, Lookups, Macros
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
- Application LifeCycle Management (ALM)
- Annuity Linking
- MS Office 2010 Suite
- Annuity Services
- SunGard (OmniPlus)
- Micro Focus/RUMBA (BETA)
- EXP AG (Power Image)
- FSI Track
- Siebel Financials
- Recon NET
- Financial Data Warehouse (FDW)
- Assure NET
- Snag it
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Business Systems Consultant
- Created and written new queries in Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) a dynamic Supervisor Report for the Brokerage Operation’s team, and scheduled the reports to automate daily distribution to relevant parties.
- Applied understanding of systems and business processes to generate OBIEE ad-hoc analysis reporting to meet the business needs, requirements, and inquiries requested by various business partners. Translated the needs and requirements into a viable and relevant analysis reporting (via Excel, pivot tables, conditional formulas, etc.).
- Performed analysis and research to support understanding of multiple systems on various platforms. Identified, captured, and resolved data reporting issues and defects, and follow through to final disposition using Micro Focus/RUMBA (BETA), SmartStation, JIRA, Annuity Services, Annuity Linking, and PAC2000.
- Leveraged the applicable OBIEE tables to access relevant data on client information, brokerage, annuities, trades, position files, DTCC, production, userload, etc., and assisted with the metrics data mapping. Revised simple SQL queries for business needs and testing while pursuing ongoing SQL learning to complement OBIEE experience to increase productivity and create more diverse and robust reporting.
- Supported the team’s strategy to deliver, accurate, timely and compliant data to a various business partners with month-end and quarterly reporting, facilitated training to others, documentation, and performed ongoing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Unclaimed Property Analyst/Financial Operations Analyst
- Audited financial records of annuity and insurance holdings, mitigated regulatory risks to ensure compliance and due diligence to state regulatory requirements, and executed the abandoned unclaimed property reporting and escheatment prior to the state mandated filing due dates. Proactively researched for owners/beneficiaries of unclaimed funds and expedited reissuance or settlements from abandoned unclaimed funds.
- Managed the internal controls of the general ledger (GL) account reconciliations, completed financial transaction analysis related to the CREF and Insurance unclaimed funds and prepared month-end account substantiations while interactively engaged with other business partners and associates across all levels.
- Identified and mitigated procedural control gaps and collaborated with management for best practices to promote continuous improvement, compliance, metrics reporting, and data quality assurance while proactively engaged in various ad hoc projects (e.g. Verus Audit, UAT, Standardize Work Templates, etc.)
Process and Controls Analyst/Internal Controls Analyst
- Tracked and validated data on internal audit projects to department Management Action Plan (MAP) objectives, and liaise with business and the finance areas.
- Participated in projects to evaluate processes, operational risks, control gaps, and coordinated with process owners to effectively remediate known gaps.
- Assessed and validated the accuracy and ensured the proper documentation supported the internal controls objective and provided ad hoc reporting. In addition, recommended cost-effective improvements to optimize process/workflow.
- Analyzed, monitored, and researched unresolved health deduction account variances deducted from Immediate Annuity contracts and remittances to institutions.
- Evaluated the effectiveness of the current work standard for the health deduction process and ensured compliance to industry standards, mitigated resolution for variances, and provided value-added recommendations to improve the process and controls.
- Researched and performed account reconciliations for the health deduction accounts, which included monthly substantiation reporting, prepared journal entries, collaborated with peers and other groups to complete transaction/updates, engaged in projects as needed such as system implementation, regression testing system functionality and upgrades, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), process improvement, etc.
- Analyzed defects, assessed root cause analysis, and developed resolutions for variances and outstanding issues in suspense accounts.
- Leveraged prior production experience as the subject matter expert (SME) and documented Standard Operating Procedures for the reconciliation of TPA reinvestment and internal rollover products affecting the related suspense accounts. While engaged in monitoring the control reporting, research, processed simple to complex remediation cases, and prepared general ledger entries.
- Coordinated with IT Production Support and identified defects and provided timely resolutions. Provided testing system functionality, process improvement, and optimized efficiency.
- Managed workflow coordination of retirement benefit cases and met client expectations in a timely manner via research, account reconciliations, and consolidated metrics for productivity and quality assurance.
- Supervised and expedited remediation of actuarial processing and payments for deferred annuities, rollovers, IRA, TPA, and Minimum Distribution Options from mainframe to OMNI platform.
- Manually processed adjustment transactions and remediation on Omni platform.
- Engaged in user acceptance testing (UAT) in conversion of specific retirement products from AS400 legacy system to the SunGard Omni Suite platform, and other ad hoc projects.
Service Representative/Computation Specialist
- Proactively analyzed, calculated and authorized annuity benefits including payments, adjustments, income illustrations and projections under minimal supervision, and concurrently managed greater levels of responsibility and consistently exceeded the level of standard production.
- Supported the management team, trained associates on actuarial processing, and provided quality assurance through testing projects.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Engagement Management Coordinator/Financial Assistant
- Proactively analyzed engagement statuses with respect to projections, periodic reports, and resolved data discrepancies
- Audited the accounts receivable and pursued outstanding balances and monitored unbilled inventory and aging. Compiled and expedited external billings to clients
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Consolidated and maintained Confidential Reports.
- Managed internal billings and reconciled accounts.
- Recorded and updated Fixed Asset accounts.
- Provided Administrative Assistant support for management team
- Organized and compiled rolling productivity and comparative reports.
- Managed pensions, reconciliations, 401K, and provided support for office personnel.
- Performed clerical duties and researched employee payroll inquiries and resolved employee issues.
- Engaged in writing and revision of macros to create attendance summaries distributed for all business divisions used to track attendance, holidays, and overtime.