- Seeking a challenging opportunity in information technology.
- Over 10 Years of Professional Experience in the Analysis, Designing, Developing, Maintaining & Supporting IT Applications.
- Experience in Object oriented development using Microsoft & other technologies.
- Expertise in Distributed Technologies and Web Technologies.
- Experience with SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS), Oracle, TOAD.
- Experience with developing Internet/Intranet Distributed Applications using Microsoft Technologies (.Net, windows forms, MVC, WPF, MVVM, Web Forms, ASP.Net, HTML, C#, ASP and Ajax Control toolkit).
- Proficient in Application designing, developing, Deployment, maintenance and Support through all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience with SharePoint Service document management, site development.
- Proficient in Database Normalization, T - SQL (writing Views, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Transactions, Cursors, Indexes.
- Expertise with Java, Weblogic App Server 8.1 development, deployments and maintenance.
- Highly motivated, dependable troubleshooter and problem-solver.
- Customer-focused performer and committed to quality in every task - from personal interaction with coworkers and users to high level of service provided to company/customers.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and team player.
- Enthusiastic learner who quickly grasps concepts and technical skills.
Web Services: Web API, SOAP, JSON, Rest, WSDL, XML, XSD, ASMX, JWS, WCF,, SOA
Languages: C#, Visual Basic.NET, C++, Visual Basic 6.0, Java, JSP, EJB, ASP, J2EE, Unix Shell Scripting, AJAX controls toolkit.
RDBMS: SQL Server 2000/2005/2012/2014 (DTS,SSIS,SSRS), Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, MS Access
Reporting Tools: SQL Server 2005 reporting (SSRS), Database Reports, Excel Reports
Version Control: PVCS, Visual Source Safe (VSS), Team Foundation Server (TFS), TortoiseSVN (Subversion), Clearcase, RTC
Servers: IIS Server, Weblogic 8.1, Apache web Server
Operating systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2003/2008/XP, win 7/8, DOS
Sr. Software Developer
Confidential, Carrollton, TX
- Worked on application enhancement requests by working with business partners and analyzing details.
- Designing, developing and making code changes to application in ASP.net, MVC 4.0, model, view, controller, jquery, ajax, web api using established design patterns and object oriented principles.
- Debugging application code for enhancement requests and defect fixes using visual studio 2010/2013.
- Enhancement/Defect review, analysis and providing updates by working in sprints in agile environment.
- Performing code reviews and training new team members to bring them up to speed.
- Performing root cause analysis and creating process documentation.
- Creating/updating database procedures, tables, views, CLR based on requirements using SQL server 2012/2014.
- Researching new technology solutions and improving application performance using TPL and multithreading.
- Unit testing the web application and windows services after code changes.
- Creating application builds and working with deployment team for successful deployment.
- Assisting QA team with testing/understanding of the changes.
Sr. Application Developer
Confidential, Westlake, Tx
- Worked on creating/updating SOAP/ Restful JSON business services using ASMX, WCF & Web Api using .Net 4.0/4.5 and Visual Studio 2012/2013.
- Maintenance, enhancement & deployment of web application using asp.net.
- Used WPF with mvvm pattern, object oriented & asynchronous programming to create new application modules/components.
- Developing, testing and debugging of web services using visual studio, SOAP UI and fiddler.
- Created UI interfaces, business logic to interact with web services.
- Working in Agile environment with regular stand-ups.
- Worked on POC (proof of concept) projects to determine feasibility.
- Used RTC (Rational Team Concert) as source control and also worked on creating/updating build script in RTC.
- Worked with Infragistics controls, extension methods, Unity framework with dependency injection for various project modules and leveraged LINQ to improve efficiency of queries throughout the code base for .Net applications.
- Worked on creating complex SQL queries for web services on Oracle database.
- Supported legacy Java based web application on WebSphere.
- Handled urgent day-to-day demands, including quick fixes, bugs and last-minute change requirements.
- Working effectively in team projects with business analysts, QAs, architects & developers.
Technologies/tools used: MS visual studio 2012/2013, IIS, oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL developer, Nexus deployment, .Net 4/4.5, SQL, SOA Web Services (SOAP/Restful), WPF, ASP.NET, c#, vb.net, MVVM, TOAD, Infragistics, SOAP UI 5.0, Fiddler, RTC, nuget packages, Unit Testing, Entity Framework.
Sr. Software Engineer
Confidential, Lewisville, Tx
- Analyzed new business requirements and identifying the changes needed.
- Created technical documents based on new enhancements.
- Performed code changes for new enhancements and bug fixes.
- Used object oriented programming through .net classes, properties and inheritance for specialized functionalities and relationships.
- Used .net cookies, viewstate and caching for global and client state management.
- Worked on UDT data types and created mapping for passing .net object list to oracle using ODP.
- Performed application testing in DEV, QA and UAT.
- Worked on change management moving Development code to QA,UAT and PROD.
- Worked on DB tables, Procedures, DB Objects, views. Created DB scripts based on Development DB changes.
- Used Clearcase as source control for all code changes.
- Used SharePoint, created sites for application document managing.
- Used HPQC for application Defect managing and fixing.
- Used visual studio for Application code changes, debugging and testing.
Sr. Applications Programmer
Confidential, Irving, Tx
- Packaged application for UAT, SIT and Prod deployments.
- Researched complex application issues and enhancements based on business requirements.
- Performed code reviews for new enhancements and code fixes using object oriented technologies.
- Used VSS, Clearcase for application source control as well as for creation of deployment packages for UAT, SIT and Prod.
- Used complex SQL, Procedures, function, tables for interacting with SQL server database.
- Utilized ASMX/WCF web Services, XML to fetch data from other IT groups and presenting it on the application.
- Took part in weekend onCall rotations.
Sr. Application Developer
Confidential, Irving, Tx
- Created/updated/fixed/tuned backend SSIS packages using SQL server 2005 business intelligence studio for various combinations of data processing, data flow, import/export, FTP & batch processing tasks.
- Used SharePoint Services (WSS) to manage documentation for program development, logic, coding, states & objects (Visio UML).
- Reviewed, analyzed, and modified programming systems using testing, debugging and coding.
- Used test driven development (TDD) to stabilize the application changes and enhancements in DEV/UAT before moving it to prod.
- Used Oracle TOAD with SQL & PL/SQL procedures and functions utilizing conditions, cursors, variables, exception handling & complex SQL joins to interact with backend data for business processes.
- Worked on the Design, Architecture, development, packaging & deployment of new production enhancements and fixes to organization's application systems using object oriented technologies and waterfall model.
- Supported business systems by researching, architecting and fixing complex issues in a timely way through detail analysis and performing query optimizations/index fixes on existing applications Database/tables/packages.
- Researched, converted & upgraded old/legacy applications using new and emerging technologies.
- Created and scheduled jobs and SSIS packages on AdTempus scheduler. Worked with batch files command line utilities like SQLCMD, ISQL , SQL Plus Spooler, FTP automation.
- Created Advanced Excel reporting for users through complex SQL joins using VBA, SQL server and Oracle Database.
- Created/Upgraded .Net based MS Office Mail Merge applications from Office 2003 to Office 2007.
- Worked on backend processes using tables, views, procedures, queries, database packages for different business requirements.
- Installing & Setting up/configuring new/updated applications & database changes in DEV/UAT/PROD environments on windows 2003 server.
- Took part in weekend support rotations and handling paged issues. Worked with off-shore resources in getting changes implemented.
- Tested application code by unit testing, integration testing and end user testing. Resolving defects and verifying it in DEV/UAT before moving it to production.
- Used Enterprise change management for Deploying Dev applications to UAT, Prod. Monitored application performance in new environment.
- Worked closely with internal & external business partners to get the business requirements for application enhancements.
Confidential,San Antonio, Tx
- Worked with customers to understand the business requirements of system.
- Presented the design and application modules to the main customers during regular meetings based on Agile Methodologies.
- Created development and testing environment for users.
- Working on user’s suggestion/feedback to improve the system and user experience.
- Used business requirements and customer suggestions to architect data structure, tables, relationships, indexes, triggers and procedures to process different requests from web application and its associated business process layer.
- Implemented the business process through .Net Classes.
- Created various Server side and Client side validation controls and scripts to prevent the incorrect data entry and error checking.
- Checked application compatibility for W3C and SEO standards.
- Added dual security based roles to the application for internal/external user access using db authentication and NT authentication (using LDAP).
- Implemented Scheduled data load through SSIS data flow and control flow tasks.
- Documented the application usage and scripted the application db code.
Application Management Analyst
Confidential, Austin, Tx
- Performed maintenance of ERP level Business and financial applications in the IT using multiple technologies and object oriented programming.
- Provided training to off-shore team members with new Finance applications added to the IT.
- Checked the application code, SQL, indexes, stored procedures and SSIS packages in detail to identify point of failure and worked on the development of creating a fix.
- Worked on implementing business related changes to DTS/SSIS packages.
- Worked as a SME for Global application POM (Purchase order mgmt), FSR (financial services request),buyer, sourcing.
- Used SharePoint Service (WSS) to create sites for managing various application documentations and communications with users.
- Managed the Java based application on the Weblogic Server and installing new updates.
- Updated/Created business reports using Excel and SQL Server SSRS reporting.
- Updated, compiled and implemented Application Interface classes in Java using Eclipse IDE.
- Lead the development effort & Implemented new requirements in .net based applications using C#, VB.NET, VB6, webforms, winforms, WebServices & windows services, SQL Server (2000/2005), DTS/SSIS packages, Oracle 9i/10g through front end, business layer and db layer.
- Worked on Hardware refresh including coordinating with Development teams/Server Engineers/DBA/Business partners on migrating the Application to new Servers.
- Updated the .Net web services business logic, added new methods with new business requirements and deployed them to the production web Server.
- Worked with SQL, SQL Plus & PL/SQL on Oracle 10g using Oracle Client and TOAD for urgent business data requests, enhancement requests and troubleshooting issues.
- Provided 24X7 Support for business/financial applications on windows 2003 servers.
- Created application monitors for database, URL, win services, weblogic app nodes using Empirix for log mining.
- Storied all the Application code in Team Foundation Server version control (TFVC).
- Tested and deployed new DEV changes to UAT, Prod and making sure its working according to business requirements.
- Worked on package migration, control flows and data flows in SQL Server 2005 SSIS (dtsx).
Technologies/tools used: Visual Basic.NET, C#, ASP, HTML, Java, Stored procedures, Winforms, Windows Services, Webforms, SQL Server 2000/2005, SSIS, SSRS, MS Office, Eclipse, Oracle (SQL, PL/SQL) 10g, IIS, Mercury Quality Center, Team Foundation Server(TFVC), Weblogic 8.1, SharePoint (wss), .net Web Services (asmx)
Confidential, Round Rock, Tx
- Worked in Team towards development & enhancement of financial IT applications using Classic ASP, ASP.NET, CSS, C#, HTML, VB6, VB.NET, winForms, WebForms & Reporting Services.
- Created and deployed Drill down Business reporting using SQL server 2005 reporting services (SSRS).
- Used customer feedback to improve products, processes and documented the new changes.
- Created Web services for various data consumer groups/ internal business partners for their sales reporting needs. Created proxy files and documented the service details.
- Worked on creating database tables, procedures, functions, triggers for server side business data processing.
- Created and scheduled DTS/SSIS packages for backend application processing.
- Used Test driven development (TDD) to test new process enhancements for IT applications.
- Trained the customers about the proper use of application.
- Shared my knowledge and Skills with other team members.
- Worked on high volume/availability databases.
- Worked towards requirements gathering and changing the user requirements into logical design and coding (SDLC) using object oriented technologies through waterfall approach.
- Created multithreaded windows services application for data load and processing.
- Solved the customer problems in a timely manner and making sure that the applications are working 24/7.
- Protected the privacy of sensitive data and prevented unauthorized access.
- Stored all the code on VSS.
- Tested the enhancements and integrated parts of application before implementing it to production.
- Always kept positive attitude towards team members and customers.