A results driven professional with 20+ years of information technology (IT) experience with expertise as a business analyst, project manager with an emphasis in product development, requirements management, database design and architecture, data governance and change control process.
SKILLS IN TOOLS, TECHNOLOGIES AND STANDARDS:
- Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Relational Database Modeling (LdM & PdM), ERWin, ER Studio, SAP PowerDesigner
- Rational Data Architect, Rational System Architect, Rational Team Concert(formerly known as Jazz)
- HP Application LifeCycle Management (ALM), Business Objects, DB Visualizer, MetaCenter, Microsoft Data Services (MDS), MicroStrategy BI
Data Architect & Governance Analyst
- Re - design the enterprise wide data catalog to enable the capture and privacy and security related information
- Create an enterprise data dictionary that provide Confidential with a centralized repository for metadata both technical and business related
- Create requirements document for MDM and Data Governance, to enable the client to evaluate vendors for the eventual solicitation
- Evaluate and provide recommendations to Executive IT Leadership on processes to manage data requests from Swap Data Repository organizations.
- Conduct Data Management Maturity Assessment, based on DAMA activities
- Assess the Data Management Maturity level of using CMMI DMM scoring.
- Develop a roadmap for Data Management Branch, present to Office of Data Technology leadership.
- Setup and Configure a Data Governance Board SharePoint Site, to facilitate collaboration.
- Perform Proof of Concept (PoC), utilizing Microsoft Data Services to determine the how to implement Master Data Management within the Confidential environment.
- Create dashboard and reports based on results of the Maturity Level using MicroStrategy BI tool
- Develop the Data Quality Management Program for the Data Management Branch.
Technologies Used: SharePoint 2010, Microsoft Data Services (MDS), MS Project, MicroStrategy BI, SAP PowerDesigner
Confidential, MCLEAN, VA
Data Architect/Business Analyst
- Document the Business Requirements that will be used to evaluate the tools for Data Governance functionality; Data Profiling, Metadata Repository, Master Data Management and Data Stewardship.
- Provide JDAO with the attributes of an Enterprise Data Dictionary (EDD) that will be used in the implementation of the metadata repository.
- Gather and document the metadata to be loaded into the data governance tool.
- Setup and Configure an AO Data Governance Board (DGB) SharePoint Site, to facilitate collaboration with the DGB and its associated working groups.
- Perform Proof of Concept (PoC) to determine what the requirements are for an enterprise level data governance tool(s).
- Perform Data Profiling analysis of the existing Data Marts implemented in Informix database, using DQ Analyzer.
- Setup and capture metrics to determine the level of maturity of key aspects of Data Governance and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as we move forward.
- Perform Database Inventory to account for all the data assets that are being used throughout the Judiciary Data Analysis Office. Inventory includes the SAP Business Objects Universe & Reports and Informix Database(s).
- Created an interim Data Governance - Metadata Repository to provide data lineage from publications business objects reports ETL and the associated database elements used.
- Create dashboard for the data governance metrics, using Tableau.
Technologies Used: SharePoint 2013, DB Visualizer, MetaCenter, MS Project, DQ Analyzer, SAP Business Objects, Informix, Tableau, ERWin
Confidential, HUNT VALLEY, MD
Sr. Solutions Analyst
- Project lead for the Symantec Enterprise Vault FSA product implementation.
- Created requirements gathering worksheet to facilitate documenting the business requirements and system requirements.
- Developed the overall project implementation plan, using MS Project adhering to internal PMO standards and templates.
- Created all project artifacts to include the Stakeholder Matrix, Communications Plan, Master Test Plan, Training Plan, RACI, Risk Register and Architecture Assessment.
- Used HP ALM to document all requirements, the associated test cases and test plan scripts. Generate Requirements Traceability matrix to ensure all requirements had associated test cases.
- Managed the Training of 400+ associates prior to the Implementation of the new system, had 95% attendance rate. Training spanned US and UK sites.
- Managed the internal Unit Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT), utilizing HP ALM platform.
Technologies Used: SharePoint, MS Project, Visio, HP ALM, Symantec Enterprise Vault Cloud, Symantec FSA
Confidential, RESTON, VA
IT Consultant/Data Architect
- Created a roadmap for the establishment of Data Management Office ( Confidential ) for VA Office of Information and Technology (OI&T). The roadmap provided the stages of implementation and the in corporation of data governance.
- Created a Data Access Strategy document for the DMAS team and assessed Commercial-Off - The-Shelf ( Confidential ) products that the VA was considering for data integration.
- Supported the Data Governance Council as a member of the Data Governance Working Group (DGWG). Documented the AS-IS data flows for the multiple Veteran Benefits Administration (VBA) applications to gathered the internal and external data flows of the systems, incorporated in spreadsheet for analysis.
- Worked with Business Owners to gather and document the requirements needed to facilitate the Data Stewardship aspect of Data Governance.
- Established data standards to ensure consistent naming standards within the data model and database.
- Led the Project for the creation of a VA wide Metadata repository project. The Metadata repository integrates data from 40+ disparate systems into a central repository. Established the Project Charter working with the Stakeholders to ensure the project direction was understood.
- Captured and tracked all project tasks in MS Project. Institutionalized the use of Change Control Board (CCB), to capture changes.
- The Metadata Repository is widely used by the VA community, supports 1000+ users.
- Led the analysis and implementation of Rational Team Concert for the DMAS team.
Technologies Used: MS Project, Rational Team Concert, Oracle 11g, ERWin
Confidential, RESTON, VA
Sr. IT Consultant
- Led the implementation of data standardization to ensure consistency as it relates to the data/database components. Created Logical Data Model (LdM) using Rational System Architect, UML modeling tool.
- Created a cross-functional team with Data Architecture and Veteran Health to implement a Veteran Health Information Model (VHIM) to translate the current UML information model into a Logical Data Model, using ERWin, that spans the Veterans Health Administration (VHA).
- Created a MS Project plan to automatically track and manage project activities and deliverables. The VHA Business meeting ensures the major initiatives are tracked.
- Performed duties as the liaison between the Enterprise System Management and Veterans Health IT organization and facilitated a collaborative environment.
- Organized and configured a SharePoint site to enable the flow of data between the organizations relating to the development life cycle.
Technologies Used: Rational System Architect, SharePoint, MS Project, ERWin
Sr. Director of Program Management
- Designed the database architecture for the eCareManager system, a Clinical Information System (CIS), which provides the clinician tools to care for intensive care unit (ICU) patients.
- Designed the database (LdM and PdM) using ERwin, generated the DDL to create the Physical Database.
- Managed a 30+ team that developed the company’s products. Team consisted of Business Analyst, Quality Assurance Tester/Analysts, Software Engineers and Database Administrators.
- Created and Implemented a Product Life Cycle (PLC) methodology (hybrid of RUP).
- Led the development of processes, procedures and implementation needed to achieve ISO 9001 certification for quality management.
- Institutionalized the PLC, enabling the delivery of two product releases each year which included a Beta Program.
- Led the research and analysis for tools to use to Manage Quality Assurance and Requirements Analysis. Implemented Mercury (HP) Quality Center and DOORs for Requirements Management.
- Chaired the Change Control Board (CCB), utilized ClearQuest to manage change requests from internal and external sources.
Technologies Used: ERWin, DOORS, MS SQL Server, Sybase, Rational ClearQuest, HP Quality Center
Confidential, BALTIMORE, MD
Manager of Database Services
- Implemented the use of Sybase Replication Server to provide real time data to the company’s satellite offices. The system was configured utilizing RAID 0+1 for recovery purposes.
- Led the Data Center - Database Component, move from Minneapolis to Baltimore.
Technologies Used: MS Project, Solaris, Sybase, Sybase Replication Server