- Project manager and solutions analyst professional with more than 15 years in the Information Technology industry.
- Diverse experience both leading and/or implementing requirements, data analysis, solicitation/gathering/definition, writing requirements, design, data mapping, coding, use case development/business case writing, UML and Use Case Development, Agile & relational RUP methodology, preparing specifications, Business Development Initiatives, PMP Certified, test plan creation, report generation, user support, teaching and implementation of systems thru complete Software Development Life Cycle.
- Extensive experience in production implementation, teaching, training and client facing user support, creation of training documents, technical manuals and curriculum development.
- Testing methodology implementation, Test case development and user training.
- Deep Capital Investment Vehicle, Life, Disability and P&C Insurance Product knowledge gained as licensee working with clients and teaching as registered agent.
- JAD Sessions thru User documentation delivery.
- Significant experience in system documentation, writing technical specifications and interface documentation with UML thru RUP.
- Report design, creation and implementation thru Oracle, DB2, IBM Content Manager, WebFOCUS, FOCUS, ACCESS, Excel and SQL Server databases.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, complex problem solving and strong leadership qualities and conflict resolution skills.
- Outstanding ability to lead, plan, organize and motivate team for precise and timely execution in Property/Casualty, Life Insurance; Capital Markets and Public Sector space.
Platforms: Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, AIX, TSO/MVS, IMS
Databases: Oracle, DB2, FOCUS, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, SYBASE
Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Toad, Cover - all, SeaPass Preserver, PointIn, WebPlus, IBM WebSphere Application Developer, FileAid, QMF, UDB, DIMENSIONS, ACMS, JEFIS, Mercury Quality Center & Test Director, WebFocus, Oracle Developer, SPUFI, Changeman, XPEDITER, Visio, Client Center Microfocus (Relativity), IBM Content Mgr., Snagit, Robohelp
Sr. Business Analyst
- Orchestrate and plan test case creation, produce documentation, generate Business Requirements Documents and create functional requirements.
- Lead efforts to gather requirements, data analysis, design and implement test plans.
- Manage and direct test group and provide managerial support for project manager and group VP.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Support ongoing application enhancements, maintenance, production support and other projects as assigned for several strategic and legacy systems. (Business systems included Cover - all, SeaPass Preserver, WebPlus and PointIn for Commercial Lines of Business.)
- Partner with business and vendor teams to define approach for technical solutions, document functional requirements based on the analysis of business needs, objectives and existing systems infrastructure Creation of BRD’s and change requests.
- Worked closely with vendor teams and UAT team to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technical designs and that test plans and scripts serve customer needs.
- Facilitated the resolution of production issues thru data analysis.
- Managed to project management plans.
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Manager
- Manage team communications to ensure business needs, training and support are consistent with policy and appropriately coordinated and communicated to key stakeholders and constituents of the risk processes.
- Directed internal clients in tandem with the GBO Operations Team and Global ITS and oversee implementation of process and system changes.
- Provided overall direction and related content for documentation, communications, training and deployment tracks for new initiatives and related projects for assigned enhancements.
- As needed to complete assigned projects, manage the relationship between GBO and key stakeholders (internal clients) including but not limited to Global Risk Management Partners, Member Firm Risk Management Partners, their departments, Lead Engagement Partners and Engagement teams.
- Orchestrated internal clients to define business needs, process & policy, and manage expectations.
- Prepare materials and reports to advisory group leadership, and stakeholders.
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Manager
- Produced clear, detailed and specific scope statements providing guidance and constraints that IT Governance enables the creation of technical and functional specifications to guide the programming and development staff.
- Developed and implemented clear, traceable Requirements thru Questionnaires, Workshops, surveys, SME business process descriptions and Use Case analysis with UML in RUP.
- Orchestrated Business and Work flow analysis for multiple divergent stakeholder groups.
- Established technical vision based on successful collaboration with SME's, developers, architect and business stakeholders.
- Provided detailed gap analysis, develop cost estimates, generate business impact analysis and provide high level risk analysis.
- Designed, Developed and Implemented Detailed Project Plan while adhering to IT Compliance and Privacy guidelines that drive and challenge stakeholders in the plan's implementation.
- Implemented Detailed Communication Plan recognizing the needs and expectations of internal and external client groups and stakeholders.
- Documented current and future system architecture, system interfaces, functional requirements and non-functional requirements.
- Conducted detailed Risk Analysis for overall project goals and objectives.
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Manager
- Analyzed business processes and procedures. Document stakeholder needs thru UML in RUP.
- Lead and implement the Development of application requirements, document and review requirements with technical and business staff, Use Case development, business practice, and end user analysis.
- Prepared software testing documentation (including test scripts and test plans), test software (including organize and facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT)), data analysis, manage/coordinate software defect reporting and coordinate with ITO regarding defect corrections.
- Lead, develop and create user manuals and other training media.
- Trained end users and provide onsite support during project implementation.
- Responsible to learn specified applications and their respective implementations within the ETS framework.
- Tasks to included full SDLC activities for mainframe based applications within the ETS environment.
- Wrote and executed test scripts, created business use cases and test plans based on UML in RUP.
- Scheduled, coordinated and conducted requirements gathering and design walkthrough meetings.
- Prepared and maintained project related status reports, prepared and analyzed information to support Field programs.
- Facilitated data analysis, testing development and resolution in providing additional unit testing and UAT testing verification plus researching incidents and documented resolution of these issues.
- Provided immediate client support and problem resolution and providing helpdesk support.
- Conducted training for user community and developed Subject Matter Expert level knowledge.
- Gathered requirements, designed and delivered financial, batch and interface reporting components of the SACWIS application.
- Participated in the JAD sessions, design walkthroughs, developing application code, performance testing, support system / user acceptance testing and a member of the implementation team supporting successful statewide rollout.
- Coded in Microfocus (Relativity)/COBOL and created reports in Webfocus MRE.
- Conducted both Data and Process Mapping.
Lead Tester / Trainer
- Provided ongoing user support regarding technical questions and workarounds in current environment.
- Provided client facing support during project implementation both onsite and via helpdesk.
- Trained user community and supported developers in data analysis, test and incident verification.
- Worked with business users to gather requirements and create specifications.
- Further developed, coded, tested and implemented series of client applications in Webfocus Application.
- Supported and enhanced Daily Interfacing systems CLUE, MVR, VIN and Quarterly Florida Wind / Hail Underwriting Association reporting application.
- Used ACCESS and EXCEL in data storage, manipulation and report generation.
Confidential, Bridgewater, NJ
Programmer / Business Analyst (Actuaries)
- Provided ongoing support to systems providing reporting of sales and forecasting of asset allocation. Additionally supported and maintained systems for commission's payment to registered representatives selling Confidential variable annuity products.
- Performed program enhancements, maintenance, and analysis and troubleshooting for Production problems resulting in enhanced system function.
- Designed test plans, executed and documented both System testing and parallel Regression testing to demonstrate to the users that the application met performance and functional specification while exceeding management expectations.
- Created reports and performed research and data analysis for Business users achieving significant cost savings.
- Assisted Business with the corrective / recovery efforts to resolve problems reported by the user group and designed / implemented procedures.
Confidential, Madison, NJ
Applications Programmer/Analyst (P&C Insurance)
- Provided ongoing technical support to user community regarding numerous programming and technical issues.
- Developed actuarial databases for use in implementing OLAP reporting.
- Catastrophic Modeling.
- Generated 15-20 weekly, quarterly and monthly reports that provided input to property and casualty lines of business and accessed pricing concerns.
- Increased accuracy of daily, monthly and quarterly reports with Easytrieve and COBOL.
- Created relational databases vital to actuarial and industry mandated exhibits.
- Supported over 50 users in financial group (accountants and actuaries) for compliance, increasing accuracy and system support to improve decisions.