- Hands - on executive with experience working in corporate finance, planning, risk management and public accounting. Results-driven CPA with strong leadership and management skills in building a team-oriented, problem solving environment; coaching associates to take initiative and responsibility for results. Extensive experience working in multiple industries and in the following areas of expertise:
- Cash Management & Forecasting Budgetary Compliance
- Strategic Planning Developing Strong Internal Controls
- Financial Reporting & Analysis Business Case Development
- Financial Modeling & Forecasting Risk & Insurance Management
- Designing Effective Compensation Strategies Profitability Analysis & Cost Control
Vice President Finance
- Created cash flow and revenue reporting and forecasting processes which significantly improved cash flow.
- Successfully developed and implemented customer reporting that is used by our business partners and internally by managers to conduct weekly market reviews. Additionally, developed sales pipeline and opportunity reporting.
- Implemented cost center budgeting that significantly improved cost control and insight into the cost drivers
- Directed $2M private equity capital raise and secured second-round debt funding.
- Continuously models and advises business units on staffing options, capital investments and operational strategies
- Created new revenue forecasting process to consolidate and validate monthly forecasts from over 50 sales regions
- Modeled and coordinated the development of a new incentive compensation program to better align the sales force compensation plans to the strategic business objectives of the company.
- Lead monthly forecast meetings with the CEO and Sales Directors. Created a new business pipeline reporting process to identify new business opportunities, as well as risks. This enabled business reviews to focus on key drivers, risks and opportunities, as well as a focus on operational issues rather than simply reviewing results.
- Successfully improved the accuracy of the forecast process thereby identifying revenue deficits for 2003 & 2004 allowing implementation of contingency expense planning to ensure the company met its year-end income goal.
Senior Finance Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis
- Managed the process for developing, analyzing and reporting the $350M annual budget for the Advanced Services Customer Care Organization including monthly revenue, expense, and capital forecasting.
- Worked closely with Operations to identify and manage cost-control initiatives that reduced High-Speed Data budgeted costs by $15M.
- Developed feasibility analyses to determine the cost/benefit of new products, as well as price and product mix decisions. Created and presented business cases in support of new product initiatives.
Confidential, Englewood, Colorado
Budget & Forecast Manager
- Managed the entire process for developing, monitoring and analyzing, the annual budget for Confidential, a $31 billion (assets) financial institution. Performed monthly forecasts and quarterly business reviews.
- Coordinated the development of the Bank’s overall financial plan and maintained the budget and forecast reporting systems. Streamlined and developed cost accounting methodologies and measurement standards.
- Directed the strategic planning process to ensure timely development of annual budgets and long-term financial plans. Ensured financial plans were consistent with the company’s strategic business objectives.
Risk Management Senior Manager
- Assumed interim-Director responsibilities for an entire year covering. As interim Director, transformed the risk management approach from a purely regulatory nature to a consultative role. Implemented a new strategy that employed a risk-based review process that significantly added value to the organization.
- Supervised and performed financial, operational, regulatory, and systems-control reviews in support of the Bank’s Risk Management and Internal Audit functions.
- Planned and completed critical due diligence reviews including a merger, an acquisition and a joint venture.
- Managed audits of mid-size financial institutions, health care, real estate, and retail organizations.
- Supervised staff of three and effectively managed, trained and motivated staff to meet stringent time deadlines.
- Performed as an accountant for this international accounting firm and for its clients in the following industries: Insurance, public utilities, investment services and non-profit arenas.