- seasoned Accounting and Tax professional with approximately 20 years of experience focused in supporting business management functions across a variety of industries. I possess hands - on expertise in the functional areas of federal and state tax return preparation, Confidential, accounts receivable, and accounts payable. As a Tax Specialist, I guarantees 100% accuracy to find the maximum refund available to my clients. In my roles as a member of a corporate Accounting team, I have worked in concert with management to achieve the goals of the annual budget while reducing expenses and increasing revenue. I have successfully performed in external client facing roles for the organization hosting events to build relationships with new clients while overseeing various programs and motivating the staff to give their best to current clients. I am proficient in Quickbooks. My co-workers and supervisors describe me as an energetic person with a positive attitude, team first work ethic and a can-do attitude.
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
- Prepared and processed federal and state income tax returns for 150 clients 85% returning clients
- Met with clients one-on-one to review personal tax profile and made recommendations for current year tax planning purposes
Accountant / Business Manager
- Prepared annual operating budget while tracking profits and expenditures to ensure fiscal goals
- Processed 1099 for contract employees
- Prepared end of month balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and total equity statements
- Maintained and reconciled checking, savings and petty cash accounts.
- Processed and manage Confidential for 40 employees
- Prepared financial sheets for CPA preparation of taxes
- Managed employees day to day project progress
- Organized special events; black tie gala, major donor fundraisers, member events building relationship for new donors
- Assist in logistics, set-up and post-event activities
- Maintained inventory
- Reviews systems and processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization
Confidential, Pasadena, CAPersonnel Service
- Managed resident on street parking permits and represented Pasadena DOT as the community liaison.
- Provided monthly accounting of the on-street parking permits.
- Generated financial charts to structure the appropriations of the Fiscal Year Budget.
- Analyzed data collected on parking enforcement officer’s performance to determine gain/ loss of parking contract.
- Managed parking garage employees.