- 12+ years of experience in project management and implementation of a variety of complex IT projects in Healthcare, e - commerce, Finance & Engineering sectors serving in various roles as AGILE Project Manager, Scrum Master, Business Analyst, Business Intelligence Specialist and Data Analyst.
- Experience in all phases of Project Life Cycle (Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Closeout), and Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies like: Waterfall, AGILE SCRUM, Kanban, SAFe.
- Well-versed with end-to-end IT solutions while multitasking as a Project Manager/ Scrum Master/ BA.
- Experience in monitoring project deliverables for given timelines, budget and resources.
- Documented Project Charter, Project Schedule, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and RACI matrix.
- Demonstrated proactive leadership qualities and strong interpersonal skills in building high-performance teams.
- Proficient in Requirement Gathering, Writing Specifications, Testing, UAT, Implementation, Change Management, Defect Management, Issue Resolution and Support.
- Extensive experience in conducting various business analyses like Impact analysis, SWOT analysis, Risk Analysis, GAP Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis as a business analyst.
- High expertise in creating Reports of all types in SSRS, Report Builder and Tableau like Ad-hoc Reports, Drill-Down Reports, Pivot and Tabular Reports.
- Good knowledge of Data Warehousing Concepts and Data Modeling Techniques like Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling and Snow-Flake Modeling.
- Strong Transact-SQL query writing skills (DDL, DML, and DCL).
- Strong Business Intelligence skills like data munging, statistical data analysis and data visualization skills.
- Experience in working with databases like MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle Database and web servers like MS Internet Information Service (IIS), Tomcat Apache.
- Good knowledge of modern data science techniques - machine learning, natural language processing, big data.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile Scrum, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprise (SAFe)
Business Skills: Project Management, Risk Management, Requirements Gathering, Impact assessment, Change management, Data Modeling, Use case diagrams, Test cases
Project Management: JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, Rally
ETL & Reporting Tools: MS SSIS, MS SSAS, MS SSRS, MS Report builder
Operating Systems: Linux/UNIX, Windows 7, Windows 10, VMware
MS Office suite: Project, Visio, SharePoint, Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Databases: MS SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL, Oracle
Confidential, Madison, WI
Agile Project Manager / BI Specialist
- Develop the Project Management Plan within the Project Management Institute (PMI) framework to draft the Project Charter, Project Plan, Roles and Responsibilities document, Communication Plan and Test plan.
- Provide weekly project status reports on project scope, budget and schedule to the senior management and all stakeholders.
- Maintain a risk register and issue log and perform risk assessment on a regular basis.
- Perform Stakeholder Analysis and provide regular communication on project progress to stakeholders following the communication plan.
- Decompose high-level project plan tasks from MS Project into workable user stories with detailed technical specifications and document them in Atlassian’s JIRA and Confluence
- Observe all Agile Scrum practices and ceremonies including Daily Stand-up meetings, Sprint Demo, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective meetings to monitor project progress.
- Work with the business side to prevent scope creep and maintain the triple constraint of scope, cost and schedule.
- Escalate high-priority issues and related project risks to the change control board for decision and resolution.
- Handle complex application features and technical designs
- Conduct Code Reviews using Atlassian’s Fisheye and Crucible and responsible for Code Branching, Merging and Deployment with Atlassian’s Bamboo
- Perform Integration Testing, Regression Testing and Functional Testing
- Create canned and ad-hoc reports in MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Report Builder by writing SQL queries in T-SQL for PHAVR project
- Create statistical data models, dashboards, data stories and data visualizations using R, Python and Tableau server
- Explore ways to integrate data analysis in R and Python with data visualization in Tableau
- Work with the Health Analytics Section to explore Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing usages for WI State’s public health data
Environment: Agile Scrum, Kanban, Atlassian’s JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Crucible, MS Office 365, MS Excel, Java, AngularJS, Spring, Hibernate, MS SQL Server 2016, MS SSIS, MS SSRS, MS Report Builder, R, Python, Tableau
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Agile Project Manager
- Developed and managed project charters, resource plan, and project schedule.
- Closely worked with the stakeholders on refining the requirements to avoid scope creep.
- Conducted project kick-off meeting and outlined the RACI matrix to the project team for corrections, updates, and timeline agreement.
- Closely monitored the initial on-boarding process for resources both onshore and offshore for efficient on-boarding and Knowledge Transfer process.
- Managed project dependencies, issues and risks with escalation where appropriate.
- Managed project scope and change control process.
- Conducted weekly status meeting calls and touch-point meetings with On-shore team and shared meeting minutes with To-Do items, milestones and goals.
- Supported team members during design, development, testing and implementation phases.
- Acted as a point of contact for business users and global offshore technology/QA teams.
- Negotiated with the off-shore team to avoid scope creep and gold-plating of requirements.
- Prepared project status reports with MS Excel and Tableau.
- Managed project go-live and support.
- Conducted project closure with milestones achieved, lessons learned, and project team member hours allocation review for business sponsor and product owners.
Environment: Agile Scrum, JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, Windows 7, MS Excel, MS SQL Server (T-SQL), Tableau
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Coach, facilitate, mentor and train Scrum and Kanban teams comprised of on-shore and off-shore / distributed resources within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Perform day-to-day management of the project teams, identifies issues and risks and recommends possible issue and risk mitigation strategies associated with the project.
- Help the Release Train Engineer (RTE) to prioritize the product backlog making it ready for the next sprint and the next release
- Ensure every team member has appropriate tools to get their work done efficiently
- Execute the backlog as wished by the RTE, making sure that deliverables are on time with production quality
- Ensure effective team collaboration
- Encourage self-organization within the team
- Ensure the team is focused on business value delivery
- Assist with internal and external communication and improving transparency
- Assess the scrum maturity of the team and coach them to higher levels of maturity
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example
- Proactively identify bottlenecks, impediments and issues and guide agile teams to quickly remove areas of inefficiency and waste
- Coach and mentor on collaboration, iterative development, managing flow, calculating velocity, limiting work in progress, etc.
- Automated Testing, collective code ownership, pair programming and DevOps
Confidential, Pennington, NJ
Business Analyst/ BI Specialist
- Responsible for analyzing the requirements through requirement gathering and review workshops.
- Conducted an initial two-week sprint for an agenda-driven requirements refinement session with all project stakeholders to finalize the requirements in scope.
- Authored & reviewed the Business requirement documents (BRD) and system requirement specifications (SRS).
- Conducted GAP analysis for legacy systems and current processes to map the future process to aid in requirements detailing.
- Conducted user meetings to gather business process flows, data flow & develop optimum business process models.
- Prepared Data dictionaries, Data requirement specifications and User Interface requirements specifications.
- Prepared requirement traceability matrices (RTM) and managed every change request effectively throughout the software development life cycle.
- Overlooked data mapping of important functionalities for client-server integration.
- Assisted in client and server-side validation of various business rules.
- Extensively used MS SQL database with SSIS for data warehousing activities.
- Coordinated with end users, SMEs, development and QA team and monitored progress.
- Translated the functional specifications into test scenarios and test cases.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and developed the test plan, test conditions and test cases to be used in testing based on business requirements /use cases.
- Involved in developing & implementing deployment & user training schedules and conducted user training
- Formulated a user manual for the developers and user guide for the end users as part of a 1-week training session.
- Dimensional modeling - denormalization (Star schema; Snowflaking)
- Using MDX for calculated measures.
- Using Action, T-SQL and SSAS stored procedures for displaying details data.
- ETL packages using MS SSIS
Environment: Agile Scrum, JIRA, UML, Windows 7, MS Office Project, Excel, MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, XML/ WSDL, Apache web server.
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Performed business requirements analysis on the information gathered from Accounting and Sales departments through interviews and requirements workshop.
- Conducted JAD sessions for initial prototype deliverable for business sponsor, owner review and approvals.
- Wrote Scrum/user stories for the web application; and ensured that all the documentation is updated with all the requirements.
- Performed gap analysis and identified opportunities for enhancements.
- Developed Process Flow Diagrams, Work Flow Diagrams, class diagrams, architecture diagrams (High Level) and Use Cases using MS Visio.
- Worked on creating the product backlog and the Sprint backlog and responsible for prioritizing user stories and product backlog items.
- Provided AGILE project management controls, project plans, timeline schedules, facilitate sessions, and reviewed software defect logs.
- Convened meetings with users and stakeholders to identify impediments to resolve issues and improve the process to ensure a stable and accurate solution.
- Extensively used SQL queries and MS Excel for data reporting.
- Conducted client-side validation to study ETL operations on the databases and the data warehouse.
- Designed and developed low and high-fidelity wireframes with rich and compelling UI components.
- Conducted weekly status meetings and project touch-point meetings with project stakeholders.
- Supporting cross functional teams to address business requirements.
- Ensured requirements compliance and testing using traceability matrix.
- Conducted a project closure meeting with the Program Manager for milestones, RACI status for resources, and costs to hours review followed by project sign-off with internal stakeholders.
Environment: Agile Scrum, JIRA, Confluence, Windows 7, MS Office, Project, Excel, Access, Ajax, Apache web server, Oracle database, JSP.
Sr. Data Analyst
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
- Collect and integrate data from a variety of data sources and different databases
- Understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Data cleansing and improving data quality of client’s Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Summarizing and aggregating client’s demographic data profiles
- Develop and evaluate predictive models and algorithms that lead to business solutions
- Data Cleansing with Data Quality Services (using SQL 2008)
- Ad-hoc reporting using SSRS (Report Model) from MS SQL and Oracle
- Developed SQLs to create the table, query the table for different operations such as add/update/delete the contacts and fetch list of contacts based on user criteria
- Data modeling (Entity Relationship - Logical design/physical schema) using ERWin 4.0
- Implementing SSAS stored
- Data modeling (ER diagrams, Logical design/physical) using MS Visio
- Performance monitoring, tuning and optimization using MS SQL profiler and System Monitor
Jr. Research Scientist
- Study the binding strength of natural gas on activated carbon nanostructures using quantum chemical calculations
- Conduct Monte-Carlo simulations written in Fortran and C to study the yield of natural gas uptake of activated carbon nanostructures
- Conduct statistical data analysis of the simulation results using Python programming
Environment: Quantum Espresso, Fortran, C, Python, Matlab, CrystalMaker, Linux, Parallel Computing
- Responsible for process monitoring of plant production equipment
- Conduct energy usage assessments of the production equipment
- Identify areas to improve energy efficiency
Environment: AutoCAD, Aspen, Chemical Process Engineering