Reliable, honest, and conscientious employee who can work under direct or indirect supervision. Enjoy being a team worker as well as taking leadership. Proven initiator and strategic thinker with effective leadership, analytical, organizational and communication skills. Well - organized, dependable professional who takes pride in her work.
- Microsoft Office Suite 2003- Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT, XP
- Oracle11i SAP
Confidential, Springs, CO
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and General Ledger accounts.
- Responsible for the matching, batching and coding of invoices, processing of checks, interfacing with vendors, troubleshooting problematic accounts, assist with inventory management as well as assist the Accounting Manager and Controller with various accounting functions, i.e. accounts receivables, account analysis as needed, accruals and journal entries..
- Work with customers to resolve issues which may be delaying payment, perform collection calls, follow-up on past due unpaid invoices, and ensure adherence to payment terms. Research and resolve payment deductions taken by customers and prepare Accounts Receivable adjustments once credits are processed... Respond to customer inquiries including documentation for invoices or statements. Provide various reports such as analysis of past due balances, cash receipts forecasting, and potential credit issues. Enter return orders, credit memo’s, and process remittance payments daily.
Confidential, Springs, CO
Finance Operations Accountant
- Responsible for primary support to the Accounts Payable operations. Provided training to new employees, internal employees, and external customers in formal classroom environment. Conducted process review meetings to identify the need for improvements, recommend changes, and participate on the implementation. Utilized system and workflow tools to collect data for problem analysis of reoccurring issues.
- Monitored and maintained business controls to ensure compliance with government, Corporate, and Agilent Technologies accounting policies. Maintained, owned, and updated documentation, and communicated process changes across the organizations.
- Liaison for the internal freight payment departments and the outsourced freight payment company (SSUI). Served as a contact to research and provide reports on freight charges. Insure compliance with Agilent contracts, policies, and procedures. Reconcile payment check clearing. Provided support for financial transactions associated with freight.
- Helped coordinate and lead the process during the migration of open and valid purchase orders from Agilent’s legacy system to Oracle 11i. Specified to Agilent buyers what would and would not work on the purchase orders in Oracle. Validated the data loaded into Oracle.
Confidential, Springs, CO
Accts. Payable Process Specialist/ Finance Coordinator
- Process and research A/P transactions through data entry and retrieval using various software applications. Verified and validated invoices against purchase orders for tax, discounts, account and department coding and other elements to ensure accurate and timely processing of payment
- Worked in a high performing self-directed team environment. Actively generated ideas/brainstormed with the team, utilized problem solving and conflict management skills to effectively resolve issues within the team, set team goals and expectations and monitored and tracked team and individual metrics.
- Maintained a customer focused, positive relationship with internal and external Agilent customers, vendors and auditors, to resolve customer service issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Took on the challenge of taking on the difficult vendors where significant amounts of invoice problems existed. Worked extensively with the vendors and our procurement departments to clean up the problems within a timely manner along with maintaining my current workload. Received accommodation from CEO.
- Updated and maintained user documentation. Communicated changes. Ensured new or revised policies are adhered to.
- Generated and helped to implement process improvements.
Supply Clerk/ Inspection
- Responsible for the purchasing and receiving of all supplies.
- Assigned codes, balanced, and posted invoices to order entry sheets.
- Credited and insured proper billing of invoices to purchase orders.
- Conducted, calculated, posted end of month inventories. Input price changes and credits.
- Analyzed, researched, corrected errors on EOM inventories and financial reports.
- Interaction with customers, vendors, all levels of management.
- Supervised three cashiers.
- Analyzed, corrected discrepancies between cashier reports and supporting documentation
- Compiled and posted data to daily and monthly financial reports using various spreadsheets and databases. Balanced and corrected variances with main office.
- Calculated time sheets. Posted to time and attendance cards for 70+ employees.
- Operated, programmed changes instructed and diagnosed errors on NCR 2160 automated register system.
- Prepared yearly budgets, labor reports, sales reports, and menu cost cards.
- Originated in house inventory forms and invoice registers using Lotus 123.
- Compiled and balanced daily reports that coincided with cash register readings. Prepared bank deposits.
- Cashed members checks, balanced, reconciled, and closed members accounts.
- Payroll for 70+ employees.
- Trained new cashiers.
- Answered multi line telephones.
- Constant interaction with customers, officers, all levels of management.