- 6+ years of experience as a Business Analyst with successful experience in eliciting, analyzing, and documenting requirements for business processes, policies, and information systems in Finance, Healthcare and Retail domains.
- Proficient in creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between business needs and technology delivery in various SDLC methodologies of Agile, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Waterfall development environments.
- Worked as a liaison among business stakeholders to understand business problems and opportunities in the context of requirements and recommend solutions that enable organization achieve its goals.
- Extensive experience in eliciting business requirements by conducting user interviews, JAD session workshops, meetings and seminars, analyzing and optimizing processes and converting user requirements into business requirements throughout the SDLC.
- Exemplary skill in creating artifacts such as Unified Modeling Language (UML) standard diagrams including Use Cases, Activity, Class, Sequence, Process flow Diagrams and system context diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Proven track record in ensuring extensive data quality and project control throughout projects’ lifecycle with expertise in: Risk, Impact and Issue Analysis and Management.
- Expert in developing all the SDLC documents such as Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Non - functional Requirement Document (NFRD), Use Case Specifications, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and testing documents.
- Excellent Presentation Skills and Flexibility in adapting to a wide range of work environments by inculcating new relevant skills with ease in a time sensitive frame.
- Solid Knowledge of SQL and experienced in developing all the data project documents such as data definition and data modeling (ER diagrams).
- Excellent Presentation skills and Flexibility in adapting to a wide range of work environments by inculcating new relevant skills with ease in a time sensitive frame.
- Experienced in GAP Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, organizing, facilitating and coordinating weekly meetings, conference calls and other regular project meetings.
- Experience in working with PMO and their tools, templates, best practices and processes using PMBOK.
- Proficient in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and worked closely with the stakeholders, business users, development team and ) and external vendors / contractors.
- Excellent leadership, analytical & problem-solving skills, team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, self-starter and comfortable in high intensity, high rewarding work environment.
Operating System: Windows XP/7/8/10, Linux
Front End Tools: MS Project Professional, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Outlook, Adobe Reader
Requirement Management: Jira, Rally, Confluence, Rational DOORS
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, Tableau
Database: MS SQL, MS Access, Oracle
Methodologies: Waterfall, RUP, Agile, Scrum, PMBOK
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Gather requirements by conducting meetings and brainstorming sessions with end users and SME and document them using Requisite Pro - the documentation tool offered by Rational.
- Extensively involved in data modeling.
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database.
- Executed SQL statements to check if the data integrity has been maintained.
- Organize requirements into high level Use Cases and low level Use Case Specifications and modeled them into UC, Activity and Sequence Diagrams using Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Implemented automation of storing e-mails exchanged by the Product Analysts, Underwriters, & Business Analysts for easy reference and retrieval of information in preparing requirements document.
- Organized Joint Application developments (JAD), Joint Application Requirements sessions (JAR), Interviews involving the management, development and user teams for clarifying requirements and facilitating better communication.
- Worked on key Guidewire Functionalities also such as Activities.
- Participated in the complete SDLC process to develop website functionality.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Conducted GAP analysis by understanding the AS-IS system and the TO-BE system requirements with the support from SME's.
- Created business requirement documents, functional requirement documents and system required specification.
- Co-ordinated with Guidewire Functional Developers to review proposed data model.
- Worked on UAT testing and took signoff from the Commercial line of Property& Causality business users.
- Used Bug & Defect tracking systems (Bugzilla) for entering and tracking of bugs.
- Coordinate and prioritized outstanding defects and enhancement/system requests based on business requirements, allowing sufficient time frame to ensure accuracy and consider deadlines.
- Used Guidewire to track various claims and update claims.
- Assure that all Artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
- Review the Test Plan developed by the testing team for testing the application.
- Assist the QA personnel in the creation of Test Cases using Clear Quest.
- Gathered High Level Business Requirements and Detail Level Business Requirements from client and stakeholders through interview process and analyzed and segregated business requirements into high level and low-level Use Cases, using Microsoft Visio.
- Created and developed Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Specifications Document (FSD).
- Extensively used Jira and Confluence to actively organize, maintain and keep track of dynamic user requirements as well as documented requirements, test plan, test cases, defects and change controls
- Identified and created Use Case diagrams with business process workflow diagrams including Activity, Sequence from the requirements.
- Conducted Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions for communicating with all project sponsors and stakeholders.
- Worked with the Project Management Office (PMO) to define and maintain project management principles, practices and processes.
- Participated in test environment setup by ensuring test tools and scripts are in place to successfully perform the required tests.
- Prepared weekly Review and Status Reports, which included Test Case Standings, Metrics, QA Issues and Defects and communicated the project status to client bi-weekly, highlighted changes made in requirements and gathered new requirements.
- Used SQL to retrieve and update requirements during project execution.
- Helped develop timelines for Project Delivery, Deployment Schedules and User Training Modules.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with users and project team members delivery to confirm meeting standard criteria.
- Collected, cleansed and analyzed data to design and manage project on child education and welfare, funded by Save the Children and valued at 214,286 USD
- Developed and monitored metrics for 3 projects on environment, education and corporate social responsibility totaling 238,095 USD, and benefiting 10,000+ individuals
- Analyzed national data to successfully initiate and secure 119,047 USD from EU delegation to Ethiopia to enhance the CSR of the private sector in improving welfare of vulnerable and disadvantaged groups
- Extracted and analyzed data to identify and monitor key metrics for cross-sectoral partnership for an environmental protection project, funded by Finland Embassy in Ethiopia, valued at 28,571 USD
- Conducted data analytics support for developing a referral system to enhance services delivered to victims of violence by connecting them with police, hospitals and other non-profit organizations improving services 15%
- Developed powerful Excel and Tableau visualizations to negotiate with 5 private businesses to improve their CSR and create employment opportunities for 120+ disadvantaged women
- Analyzed and wrote SQL queries to prepare complex reports and milestones of 5 program/project activities that benefited 3,000+ disadvantaged people in remote areas valued at 109,524 USD
- Retrieved and analyzed data from government, private sector and media establishments, resulting in soliciting 119,000 USD spreading over five years
Environment: al Protection Authority- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Researched and analyzed institutional structures for the introduction of Geographic Indications law to increase garden products' market value by 300%
- Managed stakeholder relationship and expectations to ensure project requirement buy-in and final outputs
- Prepared briefing materials, reports and presentation using excel and Tableau dashboards, facilitated logistics for national workshops and meetings