- Years of experience successfully working with users. Building and leading teams in healthcare, education and social media while managing people, projects, systems, configurations, policies and regulations
- Experience implementing and designing IT solutions using Scrum/Agile, requirements gathering and elicitation for Healthcare billing, EHR implementation, claims/remits (835/837), PBJ, Bills & Refunds using SQL, mySQL & Oracle development and data transformations and UI design in Excel, Access, Pervasive, C#, VB, Powershell and many others.
SYSTEMS AND NETWORKING EXPERIENCE:
- Windows Server (DNS, DHCP, IIS, MSSQL, Exchange, Active directory, Group Policy, Replication)
- IP Telephony Basic Skills (Cisco Call Manger, Cisco Unity Management)
- Filtering (WebSense, OpenDNS, Barracuda Spam, IronPort Spam)
- Network Management (Orion, Cisco Access Points, Switches)
- Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2000/9x/3.1
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
- ESXi / Vmware
- Backtrack 3/4
- KDE OpenSuse 3/4
- Ubuntu Server/Desktop
- Mobile (Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, Android, iOS)
- Websense DLP (Data Loss Prevention)
- Metasploit/Nessus/Nmap (Security and Penetration Testing)
- Enterprise Vault (E - mail Archiving)
- Trend Micro Office Scan
- HIPAA Compliance
- TrueCrypt Encryption
- 500+ Desktop & Confidential Maintenance
- 70+ Server Maintenance
- SAN Deployment
- Projector Maintenance
- Server Rack Mounting
- Cable Running, Terminating, Punching Down
- Advanced programming skills (PHP, HTML, XML, CSS, SQL, Atomix/UC4)
- Database driven applications (Forms, Reports, Queries )
- Photoshop experience (Logos, Banners, Badges, Images)
- Miscellaneous Software tools (Pervasive Tools, Crystal Reports, Atomix/UC4)
- Managed teams of various sizes bringing projects to life
- Owned and Operated PC Repair Business
- Co-Founded Social Media Ed-Tech business Classmate
- Founded Social Media organization WhenIWas
- Disaster Recovery and Risk Analysis Documentation work
Director of Technology Development
Confidential, St. Louis, Mo
- Recruited by CFO and created and led Business Intelligence department which initiated, managed & led projects including process engineering for a recent acquisition, mobile device solution implementation for clinical marketing staff, EMR Software review & implementation, claims billing system design implementation, Kronos HR Payroll systems implementation, Payroll Automation, CRM vendor selection.
- Business IT Liaison attending executive meeting and communicating IT needs effectively to business leaders and advocating IT and business strategy alignment. Advocated for IT solutions and created Business Intelligence Department to improve efficiency, quality and drive down costs.
- Improved business processes through process mapping and process analysis, including learning management, electronic health records, billing processes, HRIS and accounting systems.
Business Systems Analyst
- Project management including informal requirements gathering and elicitation, user story documentation with SCRUM/Agile & testing and Validation of new processes in different capacities for new projects including Confidential Online Payments, MedCycle Insurance Subscribers, Streamline Data Analytics and Worklisting, Bank of America Refunds, VA Interlink and Opera Charge Analysis.
- Facilitated business process changes through analysis of HIPAA 837 & 835 files and other data sets working with developers and business leaders within a Deming Cycle of Continuous Improvement using Lean principles through rapid improvement events and value stream analysis.
- Supported multiple vendors like Advisory Board; PIC, RIC, Compass, PayNav, Streamline, Avectus, EnableComp providing data feeds and supporting processing with SQL, C#, Batch, PowerShell, VB and Pervasive.
- Responsible for Revenue Cycle Processing including creating documentation, creating training material and supporting ETL processing in SQL, VB, Pervasive and other data feeds to and from the Cerner/Siemens SMS Mainframe and working with multiple vendors like Advisory Board to support billing, bad debt and other processes within department.
- Led a part time developer to create a Job Posting Web Application in .Net C# using XML based data, and created an inline dynamic website display in .Net C#
- Gained experience in requirements elicitation, requirements documentation, test cases, unit testing through job application development and course work.
- Redesigned and migrated the ETSU Graduate School Website to asp.net in C# using SVN and implemented Google Analytics for tracking purposes
- Served on the committee for Academic Integrity Task Force and advised the Task Force on the nature of cheating and mitigation techniques.
Confidential, Johnson City, TN
- WhenIwas Founder - Led team of 4 to create prototypes and mock ups, while architecting a data model and planned strategically for different potential paths through the development of project plans and timelines for releases.
- Classmate Co-Founder - Architected & Implementing a data model in MySQL on the Amazon EC2 cloud working with a team to launch a Beta product and pitch that product to an audience at ETSU including the CIO & Vice-Provost.
- Confidential & PC Revival Co-Owner - Performed customer computing maintenance fixing PC’s with Hard drive replacements, Ram upgrades, software installations, wireless printer configurations and new PC setups.
Jr. Systems Administrator
Confidential, Lincoln, IL
- Managed Active Directory OU’s, Users and Computers and modified GPOs implementing loopback features for PC based changes on the user level.
- Worked with 70 Servers maintaining a windows environment, re-implementing DFS and Name Spaces, while providing application support on an AS400 with tools like reflections.
- Provided Information Assurance & Security through the implementation and use of tools like TrueCrypt, Enterprise Vault, and Disaster Recovery Documentation.
- Managed Projects configuring Cisco VOIP Phones for rollouts, Deploying Cisco Access Points, Implemented AD folder replication and finalized an implementation of Enterprise Vault
- Performed Helpdesk functions like Account Provisioning, Software Rollouts like Microsoft Office, and hardware maintenance via Remote assistance or Travel.