- Having 8+ years of work experience as a Tableau developer, Data Analyst, Business Objects developer and ETL developer in various business domains like Retail, Hospitality, Financial, and E - commerce. Hands-on Data Mining experience with large data sets comprising of structured and unstructured data, Data validation, Predictive modeling and Data visualization using Tableau, Crystal reports and R visualization packages.
- Worked in database systems like Oracle, DB2, MYSQL, and SQL Server
- Good knowledge on all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, proof of concept delivery, implementation, user support, and maintenance.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Created incremental refreshes for data sources on Tableau server.
- Worked on moving Tableau Dashboard from Development to Production Live Environment.
- Expert in Data Visualization development using Tableau to create complex, intuitive, and innovative dashboards
- Worked extensively with Advance Analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps, Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes. Groups, hierarchies, set to create detail level summary report and Dashboard using Tableau's Advanced Capabilities.
- Involved in creating dashboards and reports in Tableau 8.2. Created report schedules on Tableau server.
- Experience in ETL/Data integration development using Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/9.1.6 client tools - Mapping Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager/Monitor
- MS EXCEL: Experience in validating and analyzing data in worksheets using sorting, filtering, VLOOKUP, and charts.
- Expertise in Applied Statistics, Exploratory Data Analysis, and Visualization using tools like R, Python, and Tableau.
- Expertise on Supervised Machine learning for Regression and Classification, Unsupervised learning using K-means and Hierarchical clustering.
- Data science in Machine learning using R language, business analytics in advanced statistics using R language.
- Various SAS s - Applied analytics using SAS enterprise miner, Rapid predictive modeling for business analyst, Statistics 1: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and logistic regression. in Tableau for data science
- Applying Data-driven analytics to challenging business problems and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and under pressure.
- Good Knowledge of Linear Regression, Decision tree, Association Rule mining and Market basket analysis.
Programming Languages: R, SQL, SAS
Databases: Oracle, DB2, My SQL, SQL Server
Operating Systems: Windows XP/VISTA, UNIX/LINUX.
ETL Tools: Informatica
Analytics Tools: SAS EMiner, R studio, XL: Miner
Statistical/ML Methods: Linear Regression, Association, Decision Tree and Market Basket Analysis, Hypothesis Testing and Analysis, ANOVA, Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Scenario Analysis, NPV, Discounted Cash Flows and Poisson Regression
Business Intelligence tools: SAP Business Objects (BI 4.1 & XI R3.1 - BOBJ), Micro Strategy
Data Visualization: Tableau 8.1/9.1/2018.1/2018.3 , Tableau server 2018.3, ggplot2, Advance Excel (V-Lookup, Macros, VBA, Pivot Tables), Google Analytics, Google AdWords, QlikView, Visio, R Studio, Adobe Analytics and Salesforce Einstein.
Confidential, New York City, NY
Sr Tableau consultant
- Expert in solving business problems and translate into analytical solutions.
- Analyze data to evaluate existing decisions framework and apply analytical techniques to discover meaningful patterns
- Creatively communicate and present models to business customers and executives, utilizing a variety of formats and visualization methodologies
- Involved in the installation of Tableau Desktop & Tableau Server 2018.1
- Migrated Tableau server from 2018.1 to 2018.3
- Integrated Open source analytics software R to Tableau desktop
- Created Advanced Charts using Tableau Desktop like Box and Whisker plots, Bullet charts, Waterfall charts for measuring the Sales growth by different departments within the company
- Worked on solving performance and limit queries to the workbooks that when it connects to live database by using a data extract option in Tableau
- Worked with Microsoft Excel, relational data sources and Hive data sources to blend and create dashboards in Tableau
- Worked on the installation of patches, security administration and access controls in the tableau.
- Created and edited the update schedules, managed scheduled update tasks on Tableau server
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau
- Provide high-end consulting support to functional teams using in-house data
- Perform hands-on data manipulation, transformation, and predictive modeling
- Investigate new data sources and identify data quality issues and potential value
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8.2, 9.2,10.1, Tableau server 2018.3, Hortonworks Hive, SQL Server, SAP Business Objects 4.2, R 3.2.0
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr Tableau consultant
- Involve in gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements.
- Support Fixed Income & Agency clients in building Business Objects reports and Tableau dashboards
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality
- Created Custom Hierarchies to meet the Business requirement in Tableau
- Publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Executed and tested required queries and data before publishing Dashboard
- Preparing Business Objects-Database mapping document.
- Involved in developing Business Objects universe using SAP BO Universe Design Tool.
- Support application development and architecture using Business Objects.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 10.x, SAP Business Objects 4.1, Oracle 11g
Confidential, Plano, TX
Sr Data Analyst
- Interacted with the business users to understand the requirements.
- Applied advanced Machine learning algorithms including Decision tree, Market basket analysis, Association Rule mining, and Linear regression.
- Develop sophisticated & innovative analytical solutions that generate actionable insights by utilizing diverse information sources
- The test recommended solutions in appropriate pilot areas and improve the solutions based on learning from pilots
- Evaluate, refine, and continuously improve the efficiency and accuracy of existing Predictive Models
- Used R programming method to solve basic and complex problems.
- Created complex workbooks and dashboards using Tableau 8.0 desktop.
- Published approved workbooks to Tableau server
Environment: Tableau 8.1, 9.1, R.3.2.0, R studio, SAP Business Objects 4.1, Oracle 10g
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
SAP BO/Crystal Reports Developer
- Worked for the Web sales department to create, test, distribute and maintain Crystal Reports
- Design, Develop and test Crystal Reports based on detailed specifications.
- Created Sub reports which were called from the main report to implement the business logic
- Generated Reports using procedures and views for faster execution .
- Developed various charts and graphs like bar chart side by side, stacked, line graphs, pie -charts etc. by using chart expert of Crystal Reports .
- Propose and design optimized solution for complex reports using analytical and specialized technical skills
- Scheduled reports to run on daily/weekly/monthly basis and to distribute the output in different formats to the various user
- Create parameterized crystal reports using tables, queries and verify joins between them.
- Created crystal reports for Details, Summary, Cross-tab reports using filters, Sorting, Groupings based on different fields
- Involved in creating various PL/SQL stored procedures , views, functions and temporary tables for data input to the Crystal Reports
- Exported reports to various formats like MS Excel, PDF, MS Word, Text, and CSV .
- Manage the data structures by ensuring data integrity , adding, deleting, or changing data elements as required by the business .
Environment: SAP Crystal Reports 2008, Oracle 11g
Informatica ETL Developer
- Gathered business requirements from Business Analyst
- Worked as an ETL Mapping Developer
- Designed and implemented appropriate ETL mappings to extract and transform data from various sources to meet requirements
- Designed and developed Informatica ETL mappings to extract master and transactional data from heterogeneous data feeds and load
- Worked on the loading of data from several tables to CSV files
- Designed the procedures for getting the data from all systems to Data Warehousing system
- Extensively worked on developing Informatica Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow monitor for data loads.
- Analyzed business process workflows and assisted in the development of ETL procedures for moving data from source to target systems
- Wrote Oracle PL/SQL, stored procedures and triggers to populate data.
- Involved in writing complex SQL statements for reports.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6.1, ETL, UNIX, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g,11g, SQL.