- HFM, Essbase Planning, FDM, Financial Reports (FRS), Smart Views, DRM, UPK.
- HFM, Essbase, Planning implementation and Upgrade experience.
- Accounting / Finance Degree and experience.
- US Citizen
- Assisted with Hyperion Planning application implementation and perform SDLC activities.
- Supported the monthly, quarterly forecasting, management reporting and annual operating plan.
- Developed Hyperion Planning simple and composite forms for the FP&A team to submit the financial data.
- Maintained the Hyperion security and worked with sox compliant and control team for audit related issues.
- Provided SmartView, Web Forms and Planning training to power users.
- Documented administration and user training materials and created test scripts.
- Performed Planning administrative tasks including loading data, created data submit templates, Calc scripts / business rules / metadata load.
- Assisted with metadata governance and maintenance to ensure accurate and critical metadata are set up timely in Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management Architect (EPMA).
- Designed, developed, and tested over 150 complex custom reports with conditional formatting, column suppression using Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio and SmartView to address current company needs.
- Prepared complex financial statements and presentations including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, and Revenue Drivers based on various divisions and worldwide.
- Provided Hyperion application support.
Hyperion Manager / Business Analyst
- Managed the Hyperion 184.108.40.206 upgrade project. Perform all project management activities.
- Managed project team responsible for global applications including financial consolidations (HFM), planning, and reporting. Accountable for round - the-clock support of applications, including enhancements and functionality development.
- Preformed project management tasks.
- Communicated, Evaluated Coordinated the business requirements and functional specification document that met the corporation’s strategic goals and solutions.
- Provided training to the end users to ensure financial closings on a timely basis and provided tips and techniques.
- Supported the Financial Reporting and FP&A teams running the Monthly, Quarterly and Year-End Close processes in HFM/Essbase.
- Supported the annual audit processes - both internal and external audits.
- Troubleshoot HFM/Essbase/SmartView issues and coordinated issue resolution with Development, Infrastructure, and the external hosting teams.
- Ensured business-as-usual operation of the Production environment on a daily basis.
- Coordinated and administered Disaster Recovery testing for the HFM/Essbase applications annually.
- Coordinated the efforts with DRM, SAP, Hyperion team to complete the project effectively and timely.
Hyperion Manager / Lead
- Managed the integration projects for various companies (Artificial Lift, Pressure Control, Well stream) acquired by GE Oil & Gas. (All projects completed successfully with promotable ratings from CIO, Director of IT, and Financial CIO).
- Interacted with business clients and financial manager to understand, define, analyze and deliver the customer requirements.
- Designed documentations and communicated with the financial & implementation team.
- Managed EPM applications teams with responsibility for Month-End-Close (HFM / FDM), Internal and External Reporting, (HFR), Forecasting/Budgeting (Planning / ESSBASE), and global master data (SAP). Additional responsibilities included managing group budget. Responsible for oversight, functionality and enhancement of the application.
- Performed hands-on support of applications when needed during critical cycles.
- Developed and maintain relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Provide on-going status updates to business sponsors, steering committees.
- Coached internal team and built the work environment that facilitates teamwork and open communication.
- Achieved established quality standards by communicating job expectations, providing direction on priorities and monitoring individual and team performance.
- Performed administrative activities related to metadata, data, troubleshooting, report writing, securities, data reconciliation, rules, SmartView, scripts, documentation, metadata hierarchies, grids, forms, FDM locations, file format, variables, dimensional member mapping, consolidation etc.
- Managed team responsible for global applications including financial consolidations (HFM), planning, and reporting. Accountable for round-the-clock support of applications, including enhancements and functionality development.
- Prepared and distributed timely and insightful financial analysis of pertinent information to measure progress against strategic plan, budget and forecast.
- Actively interpreted and reviewed financial results with business managers, including trends, issues and opportunities to drive actionable results.
- Developed both short and long term (3 Yr.) financial plans including coordinating those efforts across multiple business partners.
- Participated in process reviews, business process analyses and internal control testing; ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), and other regulatory requirements within the assigned function(s).
- Administered HFM/Planning/FDM application, performed all administration function and managed the applications.
- Prepared complex financial statements and presentation including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Revenue Drivers, Trend and Variance analysis.
- Prepared the presentation for sr. management.
- Interacted with business clients & financial users and collected, analyzed, defined and delivered customer needs.
- Interpreted the business requirement and provided the guidance to the planning team.
- Created applications including database outlines, dimension build rules, data load rules and business rules.
- Assisted the planning team with Metadata, forms, dimensions, outlines and Smart View reports.
- Administered user training and set up the training documents.
Financial Manager / FP&A
- Prepared complex financial statements and presentations including P&L, Balance Sheet, Revenue Drivers, Trend and variance analysis for various divisions and worldwide.
- Prepared and distributed financial analysis to measure progress against strategic forecasting, planning, and budgeting.
- Interpreted and reviewed financial results, trends, issues, and opportunities to drive actionable results.
- Established performance metrics and developed reporting processes for multiple divisions.
- Responsible for monthly closing and consolidation.
- Responsible for budget, projection, forecast and rolling forecast.
- Programmed complex statistical models for Marketing reports, ad hoc reports and prepared Board of Directors reports.
Hyperion Essbase / Finance analyst
- Successfully, participated during Hyperion Essbase implementation and perform all activities related to SDLC including communicating, documenting, project planning, application designing, developing, testing, acceptance and training. All mentioned implementation were joint effort between internal, external application development team and finance team.
- Coordinated and implemented monthly maintenance on Hyperion Essbase application.
- Assisted users during the closing cycle with data loads through FDM and reconciliation back to the various ledger systems including SAP.
- Helped create and maintain standard reporting templates.
- Added and modified user security and security filters.
- Created/updated user documentation and provided training to users as needed.
- Worked with user groups to design and create new Essbase applications to fulfill various reporting needs.
Hyperion Enterprise and HFM Analyst/Sr. Financial Analyst
- Successfully, participated during Hyperion HFM implementation and perform all activities related to SDLC including communicating, documenting, project planning, application designing, developing, testing, acceptance and training. All mentioned implementation were joint effort between internal, external application development team and finance team.
- Administered the HFM application.
- Support the testing efforts and validates data against host systems during implementation.
- Works directly with the IT technical administrator to design, develop, test and implement various processes and coordinate/provide user training within USA and Internationally.
- Acts as point of contact for users, troubleshooting and process improvement for existing reports and/or planning applications.
- Collected and analyzed the business requirements from Cendant Corporation.
- Prepared the documents and project plan for the HFM implementation.
- Designed the HFM application.
- Maintained the Upstream application and ERP mappings.
- Demonstrated the HFM application and provided the UAT.
- Modified the application based on the testing results.
- Migrated applications in various environments.
- Provided HFM/Upstream training.
- Converted all Excel reports to System reports.
- Performed all HFM administrative activities as indicated above for GE.