- MIS Professional with 14 plus years of experience in the IT industry as a Senior Analyst in Agile and Waterfall environments spanning multiple web based projects across different Industry Verticals (Financial, Federal, Telecommunications, Mortgage and Healthcare systems).
- Expertise in inter - Department communication as key liaison with a strong knowledge of business and data processes around OLTP/ETL/OLAP development environments.
- Experience with Mortgage Industry standards, Mortgage underwriting process and Securities management business processes.
- Experience in SOX controls for IT remediation and audit procedures implementation.
- Expertise in GAP analysis documenting as-is and to-be process to enable business process reengineering.
- Experience in data validation, data upgrade and data conversion of business data using complex SQL queries in variety of Databases using Structured and Unstructured data sources.
- Experience in Business Intelligence, data mining and data analysis in projects involving cross function and cross businesses processes.
- Experience in Source to Target mapping and defining business data transformations for ETL processes.
- Experience in Business Use Case models, Activity Diagrams, UML Business Analysis Model, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Joint Application Design (JAD).
- Project Life Cycle experience using different development methodologies including UML, OO, RUP, Waterfall and Iterative models.
- Experience in large Data Conversion projects for EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) involving cross function and cross businesses processes.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and related productivity tools.
- Advanced knowledge in generating Top Management reports using Excel Pivot Tables and creating ad-hoc reports using MS-Suite ODBC to connect to external data sources.
- Experience in Sharepoint administration and creating page layouts, dashboards, visualizations.
Verticals: Financial Services, Federal, Mortgage Industry, Telecommunications and Healthcare
CRM Platforms: Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics
Database Management Systems: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, MS-Access
AGILE Project Management: JIRA, VersionOne, HP ALM
Methodologies & Tools: Oracle Sql Developer, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Data Integrator, Beyond Compare, UML, DOORS, TOAD, Rational ClearCase, ERwin, PVCS, Informatica Power Center, Business Objects Universe Designer, Crystal Reports, MS SSRS
Office Tools/Collaboration: MS-Office Suite, Visio, MS-Project, SharePoint
Confidential, Mclean VA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Facilitated extensive Data requirements procurement, inventoried detailed functional and technical specs.
- Enabled Business-to-Data requirement translation and discovered Usage patterns across the Enterprise leveraging the Multifamily Data dictionary.
- Authored Requirements documents for multiple releases collated from extensive User interviews and co-ordination between TR, SMEs, Systems Analysts and Data Modelers.
- Created Business Rule Spreadsheets and Source-Target Data element matrices.
- Co-ordinated Data identification from disparate sources, traced Data anomalies, defined Data specifications, and facilitated Test data creation by DBAs for UAT purposes.
- Enabled MS SharePoint dashboard creation for tracking ongoing UAT Issue Tracking in conjunction with the QA Team during UAT and created-maintained release based RTMs.
- Analyzed cross-department business processes, created process flow MS Visio diagrams for data items that created replication within various internal-external enterprise components of ODS into a centralized Multifamily Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Designed and implemented upstream to downstream data transition interfaces including data extraction and cleansing, data mapping and loading (ETL) procedures - with extensive SQL and PL/SQL querying and scripting to address latter UAT and Business Intelligence requirements.
- Developed system use cases for Software as Service based authentication models.
- Created Business process flow documentation to capture as-is and to-be process in order to re-engineer the existing manual data entry process.
- Cross functional collaboration with Product team, PMO team, Development, Operations and Support team to deliver time critical project deliverables on-time and within budget.
- Contributed as a scrum master in an Agile environment to generate and analyze user stories and track progress.
- Worked closely with Project Managers, QA and Developers to facilitate deployments at end of sprint milestones.
- Provided presentations to top management on functional and business requirements as needed.
- Involved in generating Test plans for UAT following test case reviews with team members based on Business Requirement Documents and System Requirements Specifications.
- Participated in all UAT related activities such as technical walkthroughs and lifecycle reviews.
- Actively involved in the functional requirements review with the Core development team and analysts.
- Utilized DOORS and Visio including MS-Office as primary office productivity tools to generate high quality project deliverables including Business Requirements Documents.
- Assisted in SOX and Compliance audit controls for the project from data access and retention policies.
Confidential, Silver Spring MD
Sr. Business Analyst
- Engaged in requirements gathering sessions with business users and program sponsors.
- Developed prototypes for User Interface in order to obtain buy-in from stakeholders.
- Key presenter at stakeholder meetings to provide demos and review of prototypes.
- Created and maintained systems specification documents and high level design documentation.
- Created SQL queries to measure progress and validate the data points for EHR reporting.
- Created system use cases, activity diagrams and sequence diagrams as part of UML documentation.
- Designed the Meta Data repository model for the Financial Cash Flow Data Mart (Patient Costs).
- Created-maintained relationships with functional and technical staff to enable Business-to-Data requirement collection and discover/chart Usage patterns across the Enterprise.
- Created technical specifications documentation and solution design documentation for Data Analytics. Utilized Business objects, Excel Pivot tables to create management reports.
- Hands-on coordination of the team including programmers and consultants along with testers to ensure on-time delivery, including trouble-shooting efforts and bug fixes.
- Created deployment and change management strategies by conducting recursive JAD sessions involving all the stake holders of the project.
- Created mapping spreadsheets for Reports, Error Messages and Business Rules for Vendor interface.
Confidential, Falls Church VA
Sr. Business Data Analyst
- Modeled the underlying data schemas based on corporate business processes, and co-created the customer databases and related objects.
- Created Executive management-level reports using Crystal report SQL queries and ad hoc data-specific reporting methods.
- Acted as lead and mentor for a team of three associate analysts in accomplishing their project analysis work.
- Designed and prototyped the complete GUI (Graphical User Interface) per user requirements (screens and reports), and documented integration with existing network applications.
- Created system implementation specific artifacts to communicate the business and design decisions to team.
- Developed a unique methodology for extracting functional and non-functional requirements from business process.
- Acted as the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for four major subsystems by providing functional support to the business team and technical design level support to the development team.
- Generated and maintained SQL server queries to validate application generated reports against actual expected values.
- In-house expert on all Customer MDM (Master Data Management).
- Enabled Web services creation for the Company’s Customer Web Portal to post data to the customer databases and data interfaces to Billing and Oracle Financials AR/AP modules.
- Served as Chief technical liaison to management on customer-related Web, database and reporting interfaces.
- Primary point of contact for GUI related issues, and orientation expert for new programming personnel.
- Additional responsibilities include maintaining and enhancing existing Web and Billing Interface programs, making configuration recommendations to clients, and issue resolution for associated teams like Provisioning and NOC (Network Operations Center).
Confidential, Rockville MD
Sr. Programmer Analyst
- Technical Lead on numerous projects supporting the implementation of FFMS (Federal Financial Management System) at Federal Agencies - responsible for Web-enabling the products (Oracle E-Business Suite), and customized modules based on client specifications. Tasks included code conversion, error investigation and component testing.
- DOC (NOAA) AR/AP Project: On-site Development lead working for the Core Financial System (CFS), NOAA's financial accounting system requiring a new data interface to their record keeping system, FIMA.
- Devised data transmission mechanism of A/R data from CFS to FIMA, along with batch processes that extract approved A/R financial transactions from CFS, create a file format, and finally post them to FIMA.
- USCIS Implementation Project: Produced technical designs for the enhancement of the Accounts Receivable module by converting their business requirements into functional application solutions.
- This effort included designing table structures, redesigning transaction and maintenance screens, developing programming methodologies and related issues.
- Responsibilities included the creation of technical documentation for the entire module and user training.