- Experienced Data Analyst with 6+ years in Data analysis and Testing process which includes analyzing and modeling business processes, requirements gathering and expectation management.
- Proficient at translating strategic IT user requirements into specific database capabilities.
- Strong experience in Business and Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Migration, Data Conversion, Data Quality, Data Integration and Metadata Management Services and Configuration Management.
- Ability to document the procedures, and ability to write specifications for data models to be developed.
- Highly analytical and process - oriented data analyst with in-depth knowledge of database types; research methodologies; manipulation and visualization of data.
- Excellent SQL & PL/SQL skills with both DML, DDL commands and demonstrated ability to write complex queries for purpose of analyzing data and/or evaluating how information needs might be translated into back end database.
- Experience in Creating Views, Stores Procedures, DDL/DML Triggers and User-Defined Functions to implement Business Logic and Data Protection.
- Experience working with various relational database management systems such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, DB2, MS Access.
- Experience in creating KPI dashboards on Excel, tableau as well as Cognos reports.
- Have performed several roles and have been part of full SDLC of several Development Projects.
- Quickly learn and effectively utilize third party or proprietary tools to reduce the product delivery time.
- Strong experience in interacting with stakeholders/customers, gathering requirements through interviews, existing system documentation or procedures, defining business processes using appropriate templates and analysis tools.
- Expert in Data Integrity constraints, Performance Tuning, Query Optimization and Validation issues.
- Good understanding of SQL Server and Oracle Architecture in terms of ETL and query processing, structure and performance and table partitions.
- Experience in writing requirements for ETL Data warehousing, database profiling.
- Efficient in VBA for MS Excel for planning/status reporting and creating test data.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX and LINUX
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, Teradata
ETL & Reporting: ETL Informatica, Ab-Initio, Data Stage, SSIS, OBIEE, Crystal Reports, Microsoft SSRS, Business Objects, Cognos, SAS
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, VBScript, MS SQL
Tools: MDM, XML/HTML/, QMF, MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio), Macros using VBA, Erwin, Visio
Quality: Management Jira, HP QC/ALM
Process Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear case
Confidential, Milwaukie, WI
Sr. Data Analyst
- Analyze raw data, draw conclusions & develop recommendations writing SQL scripts to manipulate data for data loads and extracts.
- Participate in defect review meetings with the team members. Work closely with the project manager to record, track, prioritize and close bugs.
- Create all data issue design documents thoroughly and with sufficient logic update;
- Involve with Business Unit SME’s, Process Owners, and other groups to get related business rules and information on data in the development of specifications for data cleanup;
- Involve in formulating strategies to manage the data part of the project. Beginning with data checking, data cleaning and working with developers and the business users efficiently to provide quality deliverables.
- Execute Data quality checks in the form of SQL queries to ensure data integrity and enforce business rules.
- Extensively involve with Data cleansing, formatting of the data to correct the mismatch in Staging area.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) or both Data and Functionality Issues.
- Identify and address recurring/ root cause issues that can affect Data Integrity.
- Analyzing the huge data from legacy system to new system (SQL) for migration and identified the gaps.
- Gathering the actual requirement from the business and coordinating with business stake holders regarding the table structure.
- Designed and implemented complex SQL queries for QA testing and report/ data validation. Detected defects, reported issues and results to dev and PP team using Issue Tracking tool ITS.
- Involved in scrum process like Grooming, Meeting and reviews for sprint estimates.
- Coordinating with the BA and DEV teams to fix the gaps between businesses, development and implementation phases of the project.
- Perform requirement analysis and document deliverables based on the version control within internal storage.
- Data Migration testing using SQL and checking source and target data integrity.
- Developed daily and weekly status reports.
- Worked on issues with migration of data from development to QA environment. Arranged and attended team meetings with off shore team to meet the project deadlines.
- Performed Data Profiling and extensive data validation.
- Applied data cleansing/data scrubbing techniques to ensure consistency amongst data sets. Independently perform complex troubleshooting, root-cause analysis and solution development.
- Worked with Data Warehouse developers to evaluate impact on current implementation, redesign of all ETL logic.
- Created Source to target Data mapping document of input /output attributes with the proper transformations which would help for the easy development of ETL bridge.
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, ETL Informatica, Oracle, SQL server, MS Excel, Erwin, UAT, HP ALM/Quality Center, UNIX, Teradata, Erwin and MS Access.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Extensively involved in every phase of the SDLC process starting from Inception to Transition
- Interviewed Business Users to gather reporting / data requirements and analyzed the feasibility of their needs by coordinating with the project manager and technical lead.
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD’s) after the collection of Functional Requirements from System Users that provided appropriate scope of work.
- Wrote complex SQL to identify granularity issues and relationships between data sets and created recommended solutions based on analysis of the query results
- Created Data mapping, logical data modeling coordinating with data architects, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database
- Created implementation checklist, using MS Excel for turnover to Application Continuity and Production Support.
- Interacted with users for verifying User Requirements, managing Change Control Process, updating existing Documentation
- Created and Designed logical database schema layout structure to prepare for ETL processes, data mining, extraction, Analysis and Reporting System
- Created relationships in Requirement Traceability Matrix linking Business Requirements to Functional requirements and Functional Requirements to Systems Requirements
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT groups
- Designed and developed UNIX shell scripts as part of the ETL process, automate the process of loading, pulling the data
- Wrote PL/SQL statement and stored procedures in Oracle for extracting as well as writing data.
- Developed and Documented timelines for Project Delivery, and managed Projects and Resources to successful completion.
- Wrote the SQL queries on data staging tables and data warehouse tables to validate the data results.
- Created adhoc reports and pivot tables in Excel using VBA and macros.
- Worked on Documentum for Version Controlling, to maintain up to date changes in the Documents
- Assisted to develop the Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scenarios to be used in testing based on Business Requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Analyze the Business Object reports/extracts and submit to the Risk manager after the proper validation.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing, gathered and documented User Manuals and Business Rules
Environment: SQL, ETL Tool Informatica, SQL Server, DB2, MS Excel, MS Visio, JIRA, Erwin, Informatica Power center, Windows, Microsoft Office, TOAD.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Worked with business requirements analysts & SMEs to identify and understand requirements. Conducted user interviews and data analysis review meetings.
- Performed Data Profiling to assess the risk involved in integrating data for new applications, including the challenges of joins and to track data quality.
- Identified Multiple Dimensions and Fact tables. Used advance data modeling concepts of Degenerated dimension, sub-dimension, Fact less fact table, Aggregate fact tables in Multidimensional model.
- Used advanced dimensional modeling concept Multi Valued Dimensions to resolve many to many relationships using Bridge or associative identity between tables.
- Handled Model Access, Viewing and overall control by restricting access to sensitive data, maintained Model histories, Tracked changes to every modeling object through versions.
- Extensively used Erwin for reverse engineering and hosting according to the business requirements on existing models.
- Used Erwin for reverse engineering to connect to existing database and ODS to create graphical representation in the form of Entity Relationships and elicit more information.
- Used Model Mart of Erwin for effective model management of sharing, dividing and reusing model information and design for productivity improvement.
- Worked on different data formats, Flat files, SQL files, Databases, XML schema, CSV files.
- Attended JAD sessions with Data Architects to build up subject area specific models. Working with other Data analysts and Info analysts for each subject area.
- Developed on overall project plan and implementation schedule through consultations with project team, management, employees and external consultants.
- Involved in project cycle plan for the data warehouse, source data analysis, data extraction process, transformation and ETL loading strategy designing.
- Maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) across the deliverables of a project.
- Supported QA/ETL teams in ensuring proper implementation of the requirements and developed test plans and test scripts for testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
Environment: SQL, MS Office, Oracle, Teradata, ETL Informatica Power Center, Business Objects, SQL, TOAD, Flat files, and UNIX
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Gathered and translated Business requirements into detailed, production-level technical Specifications, new features, and enhancements to existing technical business functionality.
- Involved in review of Functional Requirement Specification and System Design Specification documents for testing
- Analyzed business requirements and module-specific functionalities to identify test requirements and formulate an effective master test plan.
- Performed extensive manual testing on critical functionalities of the application.
- Tested ETL mappings to extract and load data from different databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, XML files and flat files and loaded them in to Oracle.
- Design and Developed QA documentation like Test Cases and Test scenarios from business and functional requirements.
- Involved in testing the ETL mappings, by validating whether the mapping adhere to the development standards and naming conventions; whether the mapping do what the technical design says it should do; whether the mapping work correctly in relation to other processes in your data logistical flow.
- Written SQL queries to validate Business Objects reports according to the system requirements.
- Prepare defect reports and tracked the defects.
Environment: ETL Informatica Power Center, Oracle 10g, MY SQL Server 2008, Business Objects, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Loader, TOAD, Flat files, Erwin, Windows NT and UNIX