Senior consultant with expertise in strategy, P&L management, planning, technology implementations and general management. Cross functional leadership expertise in operations, finance and IT. Industry experience in information services, healthcare, hospitality, government, direct marketing and mortgage processing. Significant experience implementing large complex IT initiatives and ERP finance applications targeted at mid to large - scale business. MBA.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Program and Project Management
- Establishing PMO structures
- Implementing PMBOK Methodology
- Full SDLC Implementation
- Agile / SCRUM Methodology
- Risk Analysis
- Big Data Environments
- Program / Project Remediation
- Performance Metrics
- Implementing Best Practices
- Business Process Improvement
- Team Restructuring
- P&L Management
- Budget and Forecasting
- Finance - Operations Gap Analysis
- Atlassian Jira
- Atlassian Confluence
- Clarity Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
- HP Application Lifecycle Management
- Microsoft Office Suite and Excel VBA
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Visio
- Pega Product Composer System (PCS)
- ServiceNow Service Management Tools
PROFESSIONAL CONSULTING EXPERIENCE:
Confidential, Washington, DC
Founder and Principal
- Consulting firm providing interim senior management, operational support, program and project management, consulting and advisory services.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- As a contractor, assumed direct level position to remediate out-of-control projects and ready team for move to Big Data architecture. Working directly with 5 VP’s as stakeholders.
- Reconciled prior year carry over, groomed $20MM, 60+ project pipeline and implement effective program level forecasting to head off a significant budget overrun.
- Recruited new team of PM’s and BA’s to take over in-flight project. Eight (8) projects place in remediation were quickly re-base lined, moved to PMO compliance and managed to a successful completion. Delivered 20 more projects in 2016.
- Applied critical eye to initial contractor staffing levels, skills and performance. Redefined roles and responsibilities while right-sizing and reducing burn by 30%.
- Introduced Agile methodology to team and aggressively migrated all active projects to new framework. Implemented standards and best practice related to Jira and Confluence.
- Significantly raised the bar on support team performance, including SLAs associated with managed service model.
- Moved into 2017 with clear objectives, well defined projects and minimal carry over.
- Developed program plan for standing up Big Data infrastructure environment in AWS and Hortonworks suite of products. Effort included roadmap for migrating and sun setting all legacy Enterprise warehouse data. Hands-on management of the project management and business analysist teams to make this significant transition.
- Delivered first-ever cloud based Hortonworks driven data warehouse for company. Now acclaimed as one of the best designs and quickest deployments by top global consulting groups.
- As part of the PMO, established a full Requirements Management Practice, including all and operational documents. Rolled out new program management processes / tools with other teams as Confidential best practices.
- Established project management standards and enterprise wide waterfall SDLC for all new projects, including all traditional PMBOK templates.
- Provided one-off coaching sessions with other teams to improve team performance, transparency and effectiveness.
- At the request of senior leadership and the CIO, quickly established an agile framework for all future project management, enterprise wide, include curriculum and associated materials.
- Coached development teams in the adoption of Agile and Business stakeholders in understanding and executing the role of Product Owner.
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD
Program Manager / Senior Project Manager
- As Assistant Program Manager and PM, completed planning phase on new 2016 ServiceNow project intended to prototype, build and implement a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) within Confidential IT.
- Lead the Request Management thread of this program, successfully rolling out dozens of new standard request offerings impacting 7,000 plus users.
- Successfully sun set three legacy systems as part of overall ServiceNow implementation.
Senior Project Manager
- Kicked off planning and initiation of a new dental project designed to replace entire 2015 group dental portfolio in all market segments. Provided leadership with multiple implementation options to manage overall cost and risk exposure.
- Engaged by small group Underwriting department to analyze, build and implement a comprehensive SharePoint database to manage manual “Special Handling” renewals. Dramatically improved communications from prior years. Involved 5 functional areas and required me to train over 200 people.
- Conducted ACA operational readiness assessment in small group Underwriting, Enrollment and Billing areas, including risks assessment analysis for leadership.
- Completed multi-year $7.5MM Pega COTS deployment creating “Benefits” hub to FACETS, plan and rate management, HIX and member portals. As 2nd adopter of this new product, worked closely with Pega on product enhancements, beta testing and future roadmap.
- Integrated Agile development into structured Clarity and Confidential waterfall SDLC; built complex SharePoint database to manage 1,200 plus requirements, detail design specs, sprint schedule, backlog, burn down, etc.
- Provided program management for a high profile multi phased initiative to streamline and align products for the Health Insurance Exchange (HIX). Scope of this $1.5MM effort included significant technology to generate alternate quote options and enhancing overall user experience.
- Senior project manager to a $1.2MM product and technology deployment for new class of group voluntary Dental and Vision offerings. Group products launched on time, on budget; currently executing on individual market segment.
- Developed methodology and strategy, and lead core team in Business Process Improvements (BPI) to address front-end efficiencies associated with a FACETS enterprise solution.
- Designed, built and implemented sophisticated SharePoint platform to manage end-to-end 10,000 plus record production pipeline. Initial work demonstrated significant reduction in turnaround time, improved situational awareness and improved quality.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Built new Program Management Office (PMO) dedicated exclusively to Information Security (IS) projects and supporting rapid improvements to Compliance, Governance, Technology, Ops and logical access.
- Established all methodologies, standards, templates, reporting and controls for new IS PMO.
- Recruited team of project managers and business analysts to tackle new $50MM pipeline of projects.
Senior Project Manager
- Provided direct financial oversight to multi-million-dollar PCI DSS compliance and remediation program.
- Applied various process improvements along with new financial monitoring and controls to PMO.
- Established monthly financial reporting protocols for PMO.
- Developed requirements for high profile executive reporting solution and managed project.
- Engaged by senior leadership to develop complex IT costing models used in formulating new 5 years $60MM strategy shift in capital spend.
- Conducted several high-profile performance and compliance project audit for C-level presentation.
- Realign new business practices to SOX compliance standards.
- Developed strategy and managed project to integrate Clarity portfolio management, capital budgets and monthly forecasting.
- Developed strategy for expanding CA Clarity footprint and managed project to completion.
- Designed, developed and implemented a comprehensive ITIL based financial model to track and analyze over $160MM in direct and indirect technology costs.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Senior Consultant and Project Manager
- Assisted management in the development of a Project Management Office (PMO).
- Expanded and standardized processes based on PMBOK methodologies.
- Assumed leadership role for a set of cutting edge pilot programs in small group business segment.
- Restructured initial project plans around PIMBOK standards and monitoring ongoing performance.
- Created initial issues and risk log and mitigate plans as required.
- Managed key stakeholder relationships.
- Developed PMO project reporting standards and present weekly management update
- Project managed technology solutions for each pilot under NASCO claims management system.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
Program / Project Manager
- Recruited as part of core team to program manage Cendant acquisition of Wyndham Hotels and integrate all IT infrastructure, reservations and finance systems.
- At request of senior leadership, analyzed and prepared strategy paper related to sun setting and streamlining collection of outdated hotel franchisee Property Management Systems (PMS).
- At request of CFO did top to bottom review of PMS implementation department including business process improvements and order tracking and job costing.
- As part of PMO audited key high-profile data warehouse and reservation projects for performance and key metrics.
- Managed various IT projects associated with initial systems integration efforts.
- Provided program management for largest Oracle CRM capital program to date.
- Assumed struggling $6MM CRM capital project including reporting, analysis and contract management to entire franchisee network.
- Decommissioned costly $1MM plus legacy mainframe application.
- As Project Manager blended both waterfall SDLC development with project prototyping.
- Responsible for all vendor management issues, including scope, statements of work, contract issues and performance management.
- Responsible for managing communication plan across 50 plus key stakeholders, and; monthly presentations to executive steering committee.
- Responsible for managing quality plan, including all aspects of testing and user acceptance criteria.
- Consulted in the restructuring and reorganization of PMO including implementation of best practices.
- Implemented SOX compliance standards into PMO including reporting, metrics, archiving and audit.