- Experienced Senior Business System Analyst with over 8+ years of experience in supply chain domain delivering high value quality software systems for the clients in e - commerce and retail industry.
- Experience in supply chain industry like Logistics Planning, Material Requirement Planning, Demand Planning, Procurement Planning, Strategic Planning, TQM (Total Quality Management), Order Managed, Vendor Managed, Warehouse Management and in E-commerce platform like shopping feeds, order tracking and inventory tracking.
- Expert in various methodologies like waterfall, spiral, agile-scrum, waterfall-scrum and better understanding in Extreme Programming (XP), RUP, Scaled Agile Framework & KANBAN.
- Proficient in planning, designing, capturing, consolidating & maintaining key metrics with Agile & Scrum Protocols.
- Well versed in preparing wide range of documentation which include both high level and low-level documents like Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), Systems Requirements Specification (SRS), Use case Specification, Configuration document, Requirement Traceability & RACI matrix.
- Strong project management skills in Planning, Scheduling, Monitoring and Budgeting with experience in requirement elicitation techniques such as Brainstorming, JAD sessions, Job shadowing, Survey/Questionnaire, Prototyping, Requirements Workshop, Document Analysis, Interface analysis and Focused Group Sessions.
- Expert in performing GAP analysis AS-IS and TO-BE, cost benefit analysis, feasibility study, risk analysis, root cause analysis, swot analysis & impact analysis which help the organization in planning & taking business decisions.
- Experience in Concept Proposal, Discovery & Analysis, Planning, Requirement Gathering, Design, Development, Integration, Testing, Deployment, Support And Maintenance in different phases of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Efficient in using Prioritizing techniques (MoSCoW, Kano Model, Business Value, Walking Skeletal, Forced Ranking and Technical Risk) and used Estimation techniques (T-Shirt Sizing, Planning Poker, Relative Mass Valuation) to estimate the User Stories after they were broken down from larger EPICS using INVEST criteria.
- Efficient in handling change requests & assessing change requests through impact assessment on triple constraints.
- Familiar with workflows & unified modelling languages-UML diagrams which include use case diagrams, Sequence Diagrams & Activity Diagrams.
- Created Wireframes and Mock-Up Screens of the requirement using MS Visio, Lucid Charts & Balsamiq tools.
- Created Conceptual and Logical data models and ER diagrams (Entity-Relationship diagrams).
- Gained significant experience with the help of client interactions in highly cohesive and loosely coupled Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), 3-Tier Architecture and N-tier architecture with strong understanding of XML, Web Services (WSDL, SOAP, REST), Structured Query Language (SQL) at heterogeneous IT environments.
- Worked in Test-Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance-Test-Driven Development (ATDD) and Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) environments and developed feature in given-when-then format using Cucumber.
- Experience in Data Warehousing and ETL process. Extensive implementation knowledge of Databases, Data Table structures, Schemas, Data Marts and OLAP operations such as Roll-up, Drill-down, slicing & dicing and pivot.
- Experience working in and deep understanding of database concepts like Data Warehousing, Data Structures, Data Schemas, Data Marts, Entity Relationships. Worked extensively with Data warehouses by migrating data from various OLTP’s to OLAP cube using ETL tools such as Informatica Power centre.
- Skilled in implementing SQL QUERIES and using of joins, unions, select commands and aggregate functions in extracting data from different data sources and programmed SQL Queries, Functions, business logic, Stored Procedures.
- Facilitated in Constructing and running simple SQL queries, both in Oracle and SQL database to analyze data and develop an understanding of the schemas and also Proficient in data manipulation and processes.
- Proper understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) and experience in creating interactive, analytical dashboard with the help of tableau and understanding in MS BI, Cognos for data Analysis and generating data reports based on requirements.
- Generated standard reports and ad hoc reports of different types including dashboard reports, Linked reports, Drill-down & Drill-through reports using Tableau.
- Performed REST API Testing using Postman to validate the API’s are responding correctly with the data in JSON, XML formats as per defined in the API document created with the help of SWAGGER TOOL.
- Understanding of various HTTP request to the web service, to specify REST API operations having HTTP verbs-GET, POST, DELETE and PUT on application layer, utilized POSTMAN as a HTTP client to test web services.
- Extensive knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment using GIT, Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Experience in creating test strategies, test plans and test scenarios and test cases for Unit/System/ End-to-End/ UAT.
- Facilitated the testing team in performing Black-box Testing, Functionality Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Security Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Load/Stress Testing, and Performance Testing.
- Assisted Salesforce administrator in application and administrative tasks such as creating a profile, role, user, page layout, approval, workflow, process, reports and dashboard, validation rules, and custom configuration.
TOOLS: List of Technologies/Tools Used
Waterfall, Scrum, Custom: agile (Water-Scrum-Fall) and Waterfall
Technologies: Tableau, MS SQL server, Oracle 8/9/10, MS Access, Informatica Power Center, MuleSoft, Salesforce Administrator.
Business skills: Problem and Incident Management, Impact Analysis, Swot Analysis, Project Planning, Project Scheduling, Project Budgeting, Risk Management, Conflict Management, Goal and Time Oriented.
Programming Languages: MY SQL, C, HTML, CSS
Project management tools & business tools: JIRA, Confluence, Cucumber, Load Runner, MS Office, MS Project, MS SharePoint, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel.
Statistical tools: Minitab, Ms Excel (2013, 2016, Office 365).
Database Tools: Microsoft SQL SMS, MySQL, Oracle DB, SSAS & SSRS.
UI Development: HTML5, MS Visio, Smart Draw, Process Model, Balsamiq, Lucid charts.
Reporting Tools: QlikView v 11.20, Power BI, Tableau.
Web Services: SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, Swagger tools, SoapUI, POSTMAN.
Confidential, Duluth, Georgia
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Networked with Subject Matter Experts, Project Managers and Process Analysts to understand the business process of supply chain channel by gathering Business Requirements and identified enhancements.
- Conducted extensive GAP analysis by identifying AS-IS and TO-BE process models and process flows, where, how and how big the GAP to in turn help product owner to plan how to bridge the gap.
- Conducted workshop and collaborative meetings with stakeholders, customers, clients and developers.
- Created Enterprise Process Diagrams, mapping of importing salesforce contacts, centralised technical documentation at one place to drive transparency and defining a process time line with the help of Lucid Charts.
- Assisted in Designing and deploying Workflows , Validation Rules, Approval Processes and Auto-Response Rules for automating business logic with Sales and Marketing Cloud on Salesforce.Com .
- Added new custom objects, assigned fields, designed page layouts, custom tabs, components and custom reports.
- Assisted the Product Owner to manage the Product Backlog and the Release Backlog to increase the product adoption and Prioritize those requirements as per the business need.
- Facilitated in creating Acceptance Criteria, Definition of Done and Definition of Ready for user stories.
- Validated MuleSoft compliance with all the standards of the company with data transition and meet all regulations.
- Used MuleSoft’s Any point platform for Salesforce integration to simplify the process of updating Salesforce with ERP data in real time, ensuring Data Consistency across Salesforce instances, creating and integrating APIs.
- Assisted the admin in creating Users, Roles, Public Groups and implemented Role Hierarchies. Record level permissions to manage sharing access among different users on Marketing Cloud of Sales Force Dot Com (SFDC).
- Analysed the changes performed in CRM application for marketing, sales etc., translated them to business and functional requirements for Service Cloud in SFDC. Analysed click-through rates on campaigns and developed insight reports.
- Also helped the admins in using Einstein Analytics to create application dashboards and pre-build data sets in the salesforce, lenses to explore the data sets within the salesforce dot com.
- Used Atlassian JIRA to maintain and track the requested enhancements and changes according to the scope.
- Assisted in creation of Test Cases, Test Plans, Test Scenarios and updated Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Conducted UAT Testing and actively participated and facilitated in testing of the system during Smoke tests , SIT Sessions , Black Box Testing And Regression Testing and worked on Defect Life Cycle using JIRA .
- Performed API Testing using Postman tool to check if the API’s interact correctly with the data in JSON, XML format as defined in the API Documentation prepared using Swagger tool and communicated it with the developers.
- Assisted in Integrating the API and Web Services for extracting the data from external systems to display or for storing in the pages of Salesforce.com using the REST services.
- Leverage knowledge of Batch Integration process by making REST’s Bulk API calls from the application to the API to upload the data and Lightning Bolt to fetch the data from Salesforce.
- Assisted the testing team in automating testing with the help of Selenium and documenting them in JIRA.
Environment: Scrum, Salesforce, JIRA 7, Confluence (v6.3), Tableau 10, Lucid Charts, MYSQL, SOA, Bulk API, REST, Balsamiq, MS Office Suite (MS word, MS Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio (v16.0), HP ALM, MuleSoft, Postman (4.1.1), Swagger.
Confidential, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Conducted and facilitated Requirement Gathering Sessions and gap analysis with key stakeholders and subject matter experts from across the company to map out business processes in alignment with Salesforce capabilities.
- Created formal Business Requirement Documentation in appropriate format for the Salesforce Administrator to implement and h elped in writing various business analysis documents based on the requirement.
- Documented user stories, business rules, workflow diagrams and BPM for the proposed functionality.
- Assisted the Product Owner in defining the acceptance criteria for the user stories and efficiently reprioritizing and grooming the product backlog for maximizing business value or Return On Investment (ROI) .
- Worked with the Scrum Master and team to prepare the burn-down chart, task board updates, Sprint Backlog.
- Created User stories and acceptance criteria (list method or Given-When-Then method) for an iterative and developmental model of application with Scrum Master and Product Owners.
- Assisted partners in understanding Object Data, Groups, Dashboards, Announcements And Reports .
- Provided expert ongoing support for Salesforce Sales Cloud Features & Lightning Page Components.
- Analysed the Reporting Need, Data Cycle and assisted with the reporting transition to new formats.
- Checked and verified with the clients about GDPR and its best practices with in the Industry Standards.
- Helped in successfully importing from source to target with the help of data.com which is linked to Salesforce.
- Built test cases and coordinated the developers in creating entire test matrix for the new Salesforce app .
- Executed 5 UAT cycles with the UAT team before deploying the Salesforce app to PROD.
- Help in effectively manage both the databases and full sales cycle within the Salesforce without the need of multiple applications to manage the different aspect of the business.
- Created complex Business Process Models with the help of Lucid Charts .
- Conducted Data Profiling activities such as Data Clean-Up and Data-Scrubbing to improve Data-Quality and Managed Data Import Schema’s for external data source (Excel, Notes).
- Created various custom fields and help the team in integrating the external data using data loader.
- Assisted in conversion of the data into Csv Files using Informatica by creating Data Mapping document.
- Identified various sources to perform ETL process for data warehousing purpose in the oracle data warehouse.
- Used Data Loader API uploaded the Csv Files into the Salesforce.Com.
- Created API documentation using Swagger and communicated it with the developers to serve as a POC.
- Presided over the UAT/BAT phase , providing Level 2 support to triage any issues from Users.
- Maintained requirements in JIRA for tracking and testing purposes. Involved in Analysis, design, development and implementation of Salesforce.com applications.
Environment: Scrum, Salesforce, SQL, JIRA 7, Confluence(v5.8.2), Tableau (v9.3), Web Services, Bulk API, REST (Swagger tool), Balsamiq, MS Office Suite (MS word, MS Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio, Informatica Power Centre(v9.6), Data loader, Oracle Data base.
Confidential, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Business System Analyst
- Conducted user interviews, JAD sessions, Document analysis and Surveys to gathered requirements.
- Conducted feasibility analysis for requirements & assisted project manager in risk analysis & cost benefit analysis.
- Created AS-IS and TO-BE processes and integrated them to show one end-to-end business model and process mapping.
- Coordinated closely with Senior Product Manager to manage ranked product backlog to increase early adoption of product (Comparison of actual vs planned velocity), assess & prioritize business needs and feature enhancements.
- Worked with the project owner in communicating the development team in clarification of requirements, develop Acceptance Criteria and in Prioritizing the user stories.
- Responsible for Writing, prioritizing, and maintaining detailed functional requirements and design specifications for websites while translating Business Requirements to Web Development Analysts.
- Responsible for creating UML Modelling Plans, Use Cases, activity diagrams and sequence diagrams.
- Created wireframes &Mock-up screens using Ms Visio to facilitate discussion before designing the UI/UX application.
- Analysed the system using Data Flow Diagrams, Functional Hierarchy & Process Development Diagram.
- Responsible for implementing, coordinating and documenting all business processes for (web-based) Internet billing customers (e.g. creating invoices on a recurring basis based on pricing plan, discounts).
- Used JIRA for Issue Tracking, User Story Management, Prioritization of User Story and defect management.
- Used Balsamiq for creating mockups, low and high-fidelity wireframes, use case diagrams and process flow diagrams using Lucid charts .
- Helped in creating a data mapping document for inventory and order management, and also performed data profiling to reduce data redundancy .
- Helped the testers in performing system testing, app testing on Tablet & Phones, functional testing, ad-hoc testing, risk-based testing, load testing and designed Test Plans/Test Scripts and conducted UAT testing.
- Used JIRA to track tasks, defects and tickets for maintenance and deployment of system being developed.
Environment: Scrum, JIRA 7.0, Confluence(v5.5.2), HTML, CSS, Ms Word, Ms Visio(v15), HP ALM(v11) Ms Excel, RESTful API (Swagger tools), XML, Amazon Web Services, Cucumber v 2.0, MySQL.
- Conducted informal sessions to propose a solution such that application met business requirements and addressed new requests
- Documented and managed Business Requirements for various stakeholders.
- Conducted walkthroughs and meetings with the project team and end-users to formulate the SRS Document from informal business requirements.
- Participated in Eliciting, Analyzing, Gathering and Validating Business Requirements and Translating Business Requirements into use cases and/or functional and System Specifications .
- Documented and analyzed business processes and application requirements.
- Facilitated stakeholders strategic planning of Budget Forecasting, proposed enhancements and changes to the web site and other marketing programs through analysis, decision process facilitation, report preparation, developed Cost-Benefit Analysis and Tracked Defects .
- Facilitated and conducted (JAD) Joint Application Design Sessions to determine business requirements by bringing the stake holders and IT team on a common platform and created target questionnaires for both of them.
- Worked in hands with QA team to perform Defect Tracking and maintain trailing history of bugs using Clear Quest.
- Worked with QA team to create and execute Unit, System and User Acceptance Testing. To develop Test plan, scenarios and test cases.
- Tracked and maintained Stakeholder requested enhancements and changes using Traceability Matrix .
- Assisted both functional and technical team by capturing the requirement and creating mockups, wireframes, prototypes using Balsamiq.
Environment: Water-Scrum Fall, Confluence, Jira, Clear Quest, MS- Visio, MYSQL, MS-Access, UAT, MS Project, IBM SPSS
JR. BUSINESS ANALYST
- Implemented SDLC which included Requirements, Specifications, Design, Analysis and Testing .
- Worked with the Project Manager in defining the scope and requirements of the project.
- Assisted in creation of Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and System Requirement Specification (SRS) .
- Utilized MS Project to create Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), prioritized the tasks and to track the progress of the project and improve efficiency from time to time.
- Defined business rules pertaining to Order Tracking System (OTS) .
- Helped in Designing and building statistical analysis models on large data sets (e.g., Aster, Teradata) that helped increase online sales (up to 15% ) and lowered cart-abandonment rate by 23%.
- Created UML diagrams (Structural, Behavioral and Interactive) and created Information Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Process Flow Diagrams .
- Helped the team in creating Data Models and Schemas to track and check the availability of the Inventory .
- Creating GUI mock-ups using MS Visio to understand user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) requirements.
- Coordinated creation of Test Plans, User Acceptance Test (UAT) scripts and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Was involved in dealing with Change Requests by performing Impact Analysis .
Environment: Waterfall, MS- Visio, MS-Access, MySQL, Oracle, Windows NT/2000, UAT, MS Project, HP Test director 6.5, IBM SPSS.
JR Data /Financial Analyst
- Developed the initial Preliminary system study based on the market trends and the industry standards.
- Created various graphs, pie charts and reports using MS-excel for the better understanding for the budgeting.
- Analysed and consolidated various Financial Data with respect to companies’ goals and financial standings.
- Recommended various alternatives and recommendations for the company to boost their financial performance.
- Assembling and summarizing data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks.
- Gathered the initial Business Requirements from Report Analyst.
- Prepared the Solution Approach Document and Concise Requirement Document.
- Well versed in Problem Solving to find solutions with the help of organizational data and able to adapt and modify the solutions based on the Changing Requirements.
- Developed the Prototypes for the stakeholders, user, clients with respect to the requirements gathered.
- Created the Model design for the report and discussed the same with development team.
- Created and published the Planning solution.
Environment: Insight reporting framework, Cognos Planning 8.2, Master Craft, MySQL, Causal Analysis and IPMS.