- 8+ Years of experience in analyzing, designing and developing client/server, Business Intelligence (BI) database applications, Requirement Elicitation, Data visualization, Analytics, Data Integration and related database Platform.
- Experience in Gathering, Assimilation, Organization, Categorization and Analysis of Business Requirements to create corresponding designs of Logical and Physical Data Models such as Client interview and conducting Joint Application Development (JAD)Sessions
- Designing and implementing data warehouses and data marts using components of Kimball Methodology, like Data Warehouse Bus, Conformed Facts & Dimensions, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Surrogate Keys, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, MDM Techniques etc.
- Strong background in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Process and agile methodology with excellent analytical, programming and problem - solving skills
- Experience with developing HIPAA Companion Guides for 834 Enrollments, 270/271 Eligibility Inquiry/Response & 820 Health Plan premium payments for MMIS.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Desktop, server and Tableau Reader of versions 6.x/7.x and 8.x.
- Strong experience with data visualization, dashboard and story presentation using visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Tuning the performance of stored procedures and large T-SQL queries using Clustered Indexes and have efficient coding standards.
- Extensive experience in ETL design, development and maintenance using ORACLE SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, Informatics power Center 8.6.
- Responsible for most of the activities relating to development, implementation and support of ETL Process for large scale data warehouse using Informatics.
- Data migration (import & export - BCP) from Text to PL SQL Server. Used scripts and variables, email notifications for ETL process and coordinated with front-end for implementing logic in stored procedures and functions. Knowledge of Erwin data modelling tool, logical and physical data modeling concepts.
- Extensive experience in reporting objects like facts, attributes, hierarchies, Transformations, filters, prompts, Calculated fields, sets, Groups, Parameters in Tableau.
- Strong experience in mentoring with team members, documentation and on call production support.
Databases: Oracle 9i/10G/11G; SQL server 2000/2005/2008 R2/2012. Ms Access, LIMS, PDSM, RT.
Transact: SQL, SQL, PL/SQL, and HTML.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/98/ 2000/XP/Vista/2003, MS-DOS.
OLAP/Reporting Tools: SSAS, (SSRS), MDX, Crystal Reports, Tableau 8.2,8.1
SQL Server Tools: Management Studio, Query Analyzer, mail service, DBCC, BCP and profiler
Data Modeling: Star Schema Modeling, FACT, Dimension Tables, Erwin, Physical and logical data modelling, Kimball
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Consultant- Data Analyst
- Working as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on PDSM project (Process Driven System Management) identified and interviewed business users to collect requirements.
- Envisaged and worked as a System Analyst in deploying Performance Guard application by drafting project deployment.
- Coordinating with the application Owners, in tuning the tool matching the business needs, this in turned helped the ticket resolution time by 40%, network enhancement by 15%.
- Designed Dashboards and created interactive Data Analytics solution using Technology aided tools like Tableau to analyze incoming data in Request Tracker.
- Created Performance Metrics using Qualitative Analysis and Benchmark Scorecard evaluating the team performance using MS excel, SQL, MS access and power point, this helped executives gain actionable insights.
- Cleanse and scrub data into Uniform data Type and format them by applying Informatica MDM and IDQ tools
- Experienced in Cost Benefit analysis to illustrate benefits of engaging a performance Guard project to automate it and built consensus with IT partner’s to provided necessary automated downloads from the server.
- Worked on building queries to retrieve data into Tableau from SQL Server 2008 and Oracle SQL Developer, and developed T-SQL statement for loading data into Target Database.
- Provided multiple demonstrations of Tableau functionalities and efficient data visualizations approaches using Tableau to the senior management at the client as part of the BRD.
- Performed Tableau Admin duties that comprised configuration, adding users, groups, managing licenses and data connections, scheduling tasks, embedding views in the Tableau Server.
- Implemented MDM hub match and merge rules batch groups.
- Participated in refinement and technical documentation of database reporting requirements.
- Creating Business Requirements specification using MS Visio, participating in Daily Scrum meetings and documenting the progress of the Project.
- Created Performance Metrics using Quantitative Analyst and Benchmark Scorecard evaluating the team performance using MS Excel, SQL, Access and power point, which helped executives gain actionable insights.
Confidential, Bridgewater, NJ
Business / Data Analyst
- Developed various SQLs to analyses data in Oracle EDW, which in turn supported the front end application systems and extensively used Watson LIMS to extract data and convert into the required format for Reporting purpose on routine schedule.
- Profiling, cleansing Healthcare data from various sources, using Oracle warehouse builder and produced the standard monthly reports to cover key areas using Tableau dashboard.
- Involved in building entire cancer data warehouse architecture involving Business Analysis and Architecture Design.
- Involved and implemented ER model, Dimensional modelling of various data marts, like Patients Diagnostics and Billing Data Marts.
- Created Query groups and packages in MDM hub console.
- Involved in data validation of the results in Tableau by validating the numbers against the data in the database tables by querying on the database.
- Converted various Business logics into rules via SQL which essentially used as a Validation queries.
- Worked with reporting professionals for creating SQL views and altering some of the dimensional tables to satisfy their reporting needs.
- Developed and optimized database structures, stored procedures, Materialized views, DDL triggers and user-defined functions.
- Extensively used ETL and Informatica to load data from flat files into the target Oracle 10g/9i database.
- Handled large sets of data on various reports by analyzing and tuning SQL Queries. Involved in data validation of the results in Tableau by validating the numbers against the data in the database tables by querying on the database.
- Extensively used Explain plan to analyze query path taken by ORACLE optimizers.
- Loaded data from various sources like Access database, medical files (like Patient Medical Records, Blood tests, Urine test results, X-ray results etc.; ) into ORACLE staging area.
Business / Data Analyst
- Worked with BA’s, other developers to understand the existing system and Created ER diagrams using Microsoft Visio 2010 and developing OLAP cubes.
- Deployed Tableau server in clustered environment by mapping server nodes to primary machine.
- Working with complex raw healthcare claims and clinical data (e.g., extracting data from Oracle and other environments), recognizing data patterns and potential issues, making recommendations (e.g., design, create and implement quality improvement projects)
- Performing statistical analyses to determine effectiveness of clinical programs (e.g., pre-post analysis, clinical trial results), followed by Performance tuning in the context of dimensional design by creating Mini Dimensions thus providing smaller entries in to the Fact table. (Inpatient /Therapist data marts).
- Used Joins and subqueries for complex queries involving multiple tables from different databases and helped report developers in designing OLAP models for report applications.
- Developed reports for disease specific Indexes such as Foot and Ankle Disability Index (FADI), Activities of Daily Living Scale (ADLS), and the Disabilities of the Arm, Shoulder, and Hand (DASH).
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server and defined best practices for Tableau report development and effectively used data blending feature in tableau.
- Connect to Oracle directly, created the dimensions, hierarchies, and levels on Tableau desktop.
- Recommended, schedule, and perform Meta data management and updates in Oracle database.
- Participated in the aspects of the software development process including, requirements, designing, coding, unit testing, quality assurance, and deployment.
- Requirement gathering of claims product, clinical data for logical data modelling design.
- Design and develop SQL database scripts, develop process to manage database DDL & DML changes.
- Design and deploying data base structures, forms, reports and queries, produce ad hoc queries and developing reports to support business needs.
- Analyzed the Data sent by the Vendor Caremark, designed and developed data models for operational data source (ODS).
- Extensively used Oracle SQL loader to load data from flat files into the target Oracle 11g/12c database and created data sets for analysis using database and analytical tools.
- Worked with reporting professionals for creating views and altering some of the dimensional tables to satisfy their reporting needs.
- Constructed the reports page for internal strategy group with standardized custom right and left side sections within Tableau
- End-to-end ETL (T-SQL) development of the Data Mart. Designed and developed SQL for data loads.
- Extracting the data tables using custom generated queries from Excel files, Access / SQL database and providing exacted data as an input to Tableau.
- Moved SQL/T-SQL queries from Development, Testing and to Production. Linking physician data across plans/payers: Requires the creation of a master physician directory because the National Provider Identifier is not broadly available.
- Generated data extracts in Tableau by connecting to the view using Tableau MySQL connector
- Developed Oracle stored procedures, triggers to handle various business specific rules. And developed SQL queries to generate risk adjustment and assessment reports to various vendors.
Business / Data Analyst Intern
- Designing and implementing new requirements in the DWH system, ensuring data movement schedule and quality.
- Working within a growing knowledge of X12 4010 HIPAA 837I, P, D, 835, 834, 820, 270, 271, 276, 277, 278, EDI, Privacy, Security, and Medicaid.
- Developed plan for data feeds and data mappings for integration between various systems, including XML, to follow ICD 10 Code set and ANSI X12 5010 formats.
- Consulted with healthcare third-party Administrator Company to develop conversion specifications for member, enrollment, and authorizations.
- Involved in the full HIPAA compliance lifecycle from GAP analysis, mapping, implementation, and testing for processing of Medicaid Claims.
- Extracted the business requirements from the stakeholders keeping in mind their need for the application and documenting them using Rational ReqPro.
- Created client reports by joining various individual patient health matrix by combing from various sources using complex SQL queries.
- Scheduled the packages to run automatically for incremental data and deploy them to their destination servers.
- Developed SQL Scripts, to insert, update and delete data in MSSQL database tables in OLTP environment.
- Assisted in development of data formatting and cleaning criteria from various data sources.
- Efficiently managed care data for various departments of Health System, Hospital Administration and strategic services.
- Successfully conducted JAD sessions, which helped synchronize the different stakeholders on their objectives and helped the developers to have a clear-cut picture of the project.
- Effectively used Clinical coding systems like ICD-9, Procedure (CPT) and Diagnostics (DRG) Codes. Involved in monthly extraction and cleaning of utilization data from EPIC (Electronic Medical Record Source System) for use in Medical Cost Application.
- Ability to prepare test data by executing SQL queries and Joins.